Pokemon Home and the GTS suck, anyone else agree?

Anacybele

I'm glad I've not decided to get a premium plan for this piece of crap.

I'm trying to complete the Pokedex in Let's Go Eevee, but I'm missing the Omanyte line, a couple Let's Go Pikachu exclusives as well as a couple trade evolutions. But I can't use Home to bring the ones obtainable in Sword/Shield from there, nor can I bring over a Pokemon from a previous gen game. I have an Omanyte that I traded a Kabuto for, but now it can only sit in Home and do nothing because it can't be brought into any of the current games.

I had the filter set to Omanyte that can only travel to a Let's Go game too, and that also didn't work. Why is this filter even here if it doesn't actually work right?

You should be able to move any Pokemon coded into all the compatible games into any of said games. It was pretty much like this before too. Or at the very least, let me bring a Pokemon from a previous gen into Let's Go. We were always able to do that kind of thing with other games in the past.

But nope, GameFreak just has to screw over players with just one version and system, especially those who don't know anybody to trade with. I wish they'd remove the requirement to trade in order to complete Pokedexes, actually. It should just be a fun bonus for some players, not something you have to do. Not all players have friends or people they can trade with.

The version thing has always been a thing, though. Not that I think it's the greatest idea, mind you, just that I don't see them doing away with it anytime soon, is all. 

Sorry to hear you have issues with Pokemon Home, though! 

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The version thing has always been a thing, though. Not that I think it's the greatest idea, mind you, just that I don't see them doing away with it anytime soon, is all. 

Sorry to hear you have issues with Pokemon Home, though! 

What do you mean? I'm not talking about there being different versions. I'm talking about backwards compatibility, more or less. Except you can't bring a previous gen Pokemon to Let's Go for some reason.

At least now though, I just need Gengar. Anyone willing to help with that?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

What do you mean? I'm not talking about there being different versions.

Really? To me it sounds like exactly that.

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But nope, GameFreak just has to screw over players with just one version and system, especially those who don't know anybody to trade with. I wish they'd remove the requirement to trade in order to complete Pokedexes, actually. It should just be a fun bonus for some players, not something you have to do. Not all players have friends or people they can trade with.

From what i'm reading from the bolded and especially underlined portion, it sounds like your talking about versions.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? To me it sounds like exactly that.

From what i'm reading from the bolded and especially underlined portion, it sounds like your talking about versions.

I still never said they should remove having two versions. Just version exclusives and trade evolutions.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still never said they should remove having two versions. Just version exclusives and trade evolutions.

I never said that either. Just mentioning the version pokemon exclusive thing.

I think OP means that it especially sucks to have one version when you can’t bring the version exclusives over through Pokémon home for (I think) literally no reason

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

I think OP means that it especially sucks to have one version when you can’t bring the version exclusives over through Pokémon home for (I think) literally no reason

Pretty much this. Absolutely no reason I should not be able to bring a gen 1 Pokemon caught in Sword/Shield to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. They're both Switch games with recent hardware and mechanics.

Some people consider Let's Go gen 7, but still. I personally think they should be considered gen 8. They have new Pokemon that are not obtainable in gen 7 (Meltan and Melmetal), they are on a different console from gen 7 (no generation has been on multiple consoles), and they are compatible with Home while gen 7 is not.

Seriously, tell me why people say Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are gen 7...

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously, tell me why people say Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are gen 7...

I think it’s because they’re remakes and not entirely new games, people usually consider those part of whatever generation they were remade during

48 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I think it’s because they’re remakes and not entirely new games, people usually consider those part of whatever generation they were remade during

They are remakes, but past remakes were still on the same console as the new gen games. This isn't the case for Let's Go since it's on the Switch while Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are 3DS.

What bugs me even more though, is when people say Let's Go is a spinoff. GameFreak themselves said they are main series games! So saying they're spinoffs is even more inaccurate.