Need help against a boss in Persona 5 Royal

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm having massive issues against the boss in Okumura's palace, to be more precise against its minons. I have come to the fight against the fat green robots which have ridiculous high HP and defense. I'm suppossed to beat them all (as the all other minors) within two turns. However I have by far not enough firepower to do it. Haru (by having effective Mapsio against them) and Joker with Psio skills aren't enough by far. Even with marakunda the dealt damage is not enough. At the end a death circle is going to start. They all retreat and one of them sacrifices to deal tons of damage to my party. At the end I'm out of SP. The only thing which maybe could help finding a Persona which has Psiodyne or Mapsio, but until now I haven't seen one yet (only mapsi).

Some notes:

• Joker and team are level 44
  • Personas are up to level 47
  • easy difficulty

When I fought them, I use the first turn to reduce their health, but I didn't kill any on the first turn. I would then try to burst them down with Joker. I did have the DLC so Messiah and Raoul helped a ton. This fight is way worst on Royal then it was on the original. My team was Ryuji, Makoto and Haru. Try to not use any version of Dia if you can help it, and try to balance physical attack in too. In boss fights just try to stick with items when needing to heal.

I believe all of the minions resist curse damage, so you either need to account for that or try to go only for the weaknesses, which is a bit of trial and error. If you have a persona with Megidola or any almighty spells it will help. It's hard to give advise on this games as anyone else can't tell which persona's you have and which spells and passives they have

I just kinda cheesed it with the twins confidant. I had a Baal maguradyne and alice with concentrate+megidolan. It’s amazing what you can do with enough money in this game honestly. Regardless if you don’t have access to that then maybe I’d suggest try using wind as that might help with some of those weaknesses. 

The fight require a good amount of baton passing in order to complete it. The best way to achieve it is by using elemental items such as magatamas, molotov cocktails. Exploit the weakness of one robot, then baton pass to another part member, repeat all the way until Joker has a level 4 pass then clear the wave. 

One of the ways to make the fight easier is by increasing the difficulty to merciless. I know that sounds bizarre, but on merciless damage from weakness and technical attacks is increased for everyone. So it makes it easier to deal enough damage for clear the robot waves in two turns.

If you don't have enough items then you could give an accessory to the party members to deal elemental attacks outside of their move-set. Such as Morgana with a Frost Ring to deal ice moves.

This boss battle really test the preparedness for than any other fight in the game. 

54 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I could beat the green jerks after all after fusing a demon with Maheiga.

The green robots are week to curse, that was the key to take them out.

I never used curse in the fight, I took full advantage of the resisted damage. I use Lamia the most during this battle( I stat boosted her like no tomorrow) as she had Fire thunder and Light spells. I found the Okumura fight to be the hardest fight in the game... at least on the first playthru.

Without using the curse skills / cards it wouldn't be possible to beat them due to lack on baton pass.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

One of the ways to make the fight easier is by increasing the difficulty to merciless. I know that sounds bizarre, but on merciless damage from weakness and technical attacks is increased for everyone. So it makes it easier to deal enough damage for clear the robot waves in two turns.

Actually this video told me that:

I found it too bizarre to believe it though so I better kept on easy.

Now that I think about it all the robots would never have gotten a turn.

The big robot and Haru could be encountered by (Haru's) tetrakern if things go badly.

Edited by Julian Teehee

• 3 weeks later...