Top 10 Characters

Now that Three Houses has been out for over a year and everyone has had time to reflect on all the characters, what would everyone's Top 10 lists look like? For me, the characters I've come to love the most are:

10. Petra
9. Dorothea
8. Alois
7. Yuri
6. Seteth
5. Claude
4. Mercedes
3. Ashe
2. Marianne
1. Dimitri

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY personal top 10 Three Houses characters would be:

10.) Ignatz

9.) Lorenz

8.) Marianne

7.) Manuela

6.) Sylvain

5.) Alois

4.) Seteth

3.) Dimitri

2.) Dedue

1.) Ashe

Idk about the DLC students since I haven't purchased it

10) Sylvain
9) Annette
8 ) Flayn
7) Seteth
6) Ferdinand
5) Manuela
4) Dorothea
3) Marianne
2) Rhea
1) Mercedes

haven't played the DLC, not planning to

It's hard for me to create a definitive list since most characters in this game I'm around neutral on. If I were to try, though, it would look something like this:

1. Dorothea
  2. Byleth (F)
  3. Gatekeeper
  4. Edelgard
  5. Petra
  6. Lorenz
  7. Lysithea
  8. Mercedes
  9. Constance
  10. Sothis

But honestly the last half or so can probably be shuffled around.

The bottom few spots rotate based on my mood, top six has been pretty consistent for a while now though. Lots of honourable mentions (particularly Mercedes, Rhea, Hilda, Bernadetta, Dedue); this cast is really good.

10) Ferdinand
9) Sylvain
8 ) Petra
7) Lysithea
6) Felix
5) Claude
4) Hubert
3) Dorothea
2) Dimitri
1) Edelgard

Edited by Dark Holy Elf
8 created a random emoji, whoops

I only have 7 characters I truly like the rest I am neutral on so I will only list my top 7.

7) Ashe

6) Shamir

5) Marrianne

4) Felix

3) Ferdinand

2) Balthus

1) Dimitri 

I could try to make a list of ten, but I'm not sure if I can...

1. Sylvain (obviously)
2. Claude
3. Ingrid
4. Seteth
5. Dimitri
6. Flayn
7. Rhea
8. Byleth
9. Ashe
10. Dorothea

Yeah, I guess this one works.

Edited by Anacybele

First three are top faves. 4-10 are nearly interchangeable.

1.- Lysethia
2.- Dorothea
3.- Edelgard
4.- Claude
5.- Hannemann
6.- Bernadetta
7.- Ferdinand
8.- Marianne
9.- Petra
10.- Ashe

999.- Cyril

Alright here we go!

10.) Ferdinand

9.) Petra

8.) Constance (indoors version ;3)

7.) Yuri

6.) Annette

5.) Mercedes

4.) Hilda

3.) Dorothea

2.) Dimitri

1.) Edelgard

(The only ones really set in stone are one and two, the rest could shift around depending on my mood and some new ones could even be thrown in! Hapi, Seteth, Hubert, and Flayn were all very close to making it, I love this cast)

1.    Claude
2.    Shamir
3.    Yuri
4.    Edelgard
5.    Rhea
6.    Felix
7.    Hubert
8.    Lorenz
9.    Alois
10.    Dimitri

Remove DLC and Hilda gets bumped to 10.

1) Balthus

2) Jeritza

3) Dedue

4) Cyril

5) Dimitri

6) Ignatz

7) Seteth

8 ) Felix

9) Marianne

10) Ferdinand

This’ll probably be edited as I realise “damn I forgot somebody”

Edited by Anathaco

I have a hard time between choosing Hilda and Claude as my very favorite, but Hilda is too relatable and funny so I'll give it to her:

1. Hilda
  2. Claude
  3. Sylvain
  4. Dorothea
  5. Marianne
  6. Lysithea
  7. Ferdinand
  8. Edelgard
  9. Hubert
  10. Petra

Looking at the list I made, I realize that I just don't like any of the Blue Lions except for Sylvain. Most of them seem bland or annoying to me, though some of them admittedly great units. I like to recruit all the students whenever I start a new file, and Felix and Mercedes are great units, but personality and appearance-wise, I just don't like them.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Looking at the list I made, I realize that I just don't like any of the Blue Lions except for Sylvain. Most of them seem bland or annoying to me, though some of them admittedly great units. I like to recruit all the students whenever I start a new file, and Felix and Mercedes are great units, but personality and appearance-wise, I just don't like them.

Looking back at my own list, I realize this is the same for me but with the Golden Deer, as the only one I have on there is Hilda. This actually makes me realize that a lot of GD seem bland to me and annoying, similarly to you. I do recognize that they have some of the best units in the game tho, and I like most of their designs, like how post time skip when they all stand together it looks like a rainbow 

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Felix and Mercedes are great units, but personality and appearance-wise, I just don't like them.

I never understood why people like Felix so much myself. He's really nothing but a big asshole who takes his problems out on others and doesn't seem to care to grow out of that habit. Once or twice, he does have a point, I admit, but most of the time he is needlessly rude to others, particularly Mercedes and Ingrid. Hell, he's downright sexist to the latter. And to explain his attitude, he has...daddy issues? Really? Yes, he's mourning Glenn too, but his hate for Rodrigue and how he views stuff like that seems to get more focus. Also, another thing that bugs me about him is how much he hates chivalry and denounces anybody who supports it, like Ashe. I personally like chivalry.

Some people claim Sylvain is the asshole, and he is kind of that way towards women, but only women and only because he believes they'd just treat him no better in return. Behind that, he's a really cool dude and has legit reason to behave the way he does when you consider several factors from his backstory (his brother repeatedly tried to kill him, for instance). Plus, how can people not like his married endings? He's the sweetest husband and father! And as a bonus, he's hot. :3

But yay for Claude and Sylvain love! Glad you seem to like them about as much as I do! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Here a mine Top 10 Best  :  10/Balthus   9/Yuri   8/Ashe    7/Ingrid     6/ Hilda     5/Dorothea      4/Annette      3/Claude    2/Mercedes       1/Bernadetta                                                                                                                                                                                                  and know the Top 10 Worst(Aka those I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE AT ALL     : 10/Flayn     9/Seteth     8/Alois      7/Catherine     6/Manuela     5/Hubert    4/Leonie    3/Sylvain     2/Dimitri     1/Rhea/Seiros

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never understood why people like Felix so much myself. He's really nothing but a big asshole who takes his problems out on others and doesn't seem to care to grow out of that habit. Once or twice, he does have a point, I admit, but most of the time he is needlessly rude to others, particularly Mercedes and Ingrid. Hell, he's downright sexist to the latter. And to explain his attitude, he has...daddy issues? Really? Yes, he's mourning Glenn too, but his hate for Rodrigue and how he views stuff like that seems to get more focus. Also, another thing that bugs me about him is how much he hates chivalry and denounces anybody who supports it, like Ashe. I personally like chivalry.

Some people claim Sylvain is the asshole, and he is kind of that way towards women, but only women and only because he believes they'd just treat him no better in return. Behind that, he's a really cool dude and has legit reason to behave the way he does when you consider several factors from his backstory (his brother repeatedly tried to kill him, for instance). Plus, how can people not like his married endings? He's the sweetest husband and father! And as a bonus, he's hot. :3

But yay for Claude and Sylvain love! Glad you seem to like them about as much as I do! ^^

As someone who has both Sylvain and Felix in their top ten and thinks they're both very well-written characters... they're both kinda assholes, in different ways. Sylvain's assholish behaviour isn't entirely limited to women incidentally (although "only" being an asshole to 50% of the population would still be pretty wretched even if this were the case), the best example being how he fakes that he's dying as joke in his Felix A+ support.

Both of them have good reasons to behave the way they do which boils down to the trauma each has suffered (in Sylvain's case, fear that he is only valued for his crest both by his family and by any potential romantic partners; in Felix's, the loss of his brother and the feeling that his friends worship a culture of violence and death) but it doesn't actually excuse the behaviour. You can still cheer for them to grow and get better (not that it happens in all of their supports in either case) while acknowledging that they have some issues and that's what makes them human. Still, I'm not trying to change your reaction; I think they're both characters who can be very offputting because their cruel behaviour resonantes as all to real for some players.