Top 10 Characters

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But why would this be the case when like I said, he says he doesn't want to be used for making Crest babies? Surely he knows how babies are made and I don't think condoms and whatnot exist in Fodlan.

I mean you never know. It could be some Agarthan invention that got leaked to the surface

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But why would this be the case when like I said, he says he doesn't want to be used for making Crest babies? Surely he knows how babies are made and I don't think condoms and whatnot exist in Fodlan.

Well you can have recreational fun sex. Sex isn't only about making babies. And there are other methods of birth control that aren't condoms, and all manner of sexual things you can do that aren't directly related to intercourse. And condoms have existed for a very, very long time. Ancient Egyptians and Romans used condoms (they used to made out of animal skins and not rubber/plastic).

Edited by Kiran_

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I mean you never know. It could be some Agarthan invention that got leaked to the surface

So could karaoke. I mean, can't you see it?

Sylvain: Hey Tomas can I borrow that weird music machine you've got in your room?

Tomas: Erm... sure. How'd you know about that?

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? That's weird. I guess I could see it too then. But it's still odd that this can occur and yet in Sylvain's support with Byleth, he mentions that he broke it off with a girl because things were getting to be too much for him, and in the same support chain, he says he doesn't want to be a "studhorse" which means he doesn't want to be used for making Crest babies. And we all know how babies are made. So by that, I'd think he doesn't want to sleep with anybody. So I wonder what the heck he's doing with girls in his room if it isn't sexual at all.

I think that, by, "getting to be too much", he probably meant in terms of intimacy or feelings. As for him not wanting to be used for making babies, well, just that: he doesn't want to be used for making babies. That's not the same as him sleeping around (though I'm certain the possibility that a girl could be pregnant would terrify him to no end). People can make illogical decisions when it follows their personal logic and they don't think it through, and I suspect that Sylvain doesn't think it through. 

Oooh, this will be hard, because every character has something good going for them. Here are mine:

10. Felix

9. Byleth(M)

8. Dedue

7. Ingrid

6.Annette

5. Ashe

4. Seteth

3. Dorothea

2. Mercedes 

1. Dimitri

Edited by ZeManaphy

10. Claude

9. Petra

8. Mercedes

7. Felix

6. Ashe

5. Ferdinand

4. Sylvain

3. Seteth

2. Dimitri

1. Dorothea

This isn't really my FAVORITE characters, more like characters I feel like were handled best. Love all of them though. 

(I edited in Ferdinand cuz I forgot) 

Edited by CustardPudding

32 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Well you can have recreational fun sex. Sex isn't only about making babies. And there are other methods of birth control that aren't condoms, and all manner of sexual things you can do that aren't directly related to intercourse. And condoms have existed for a very, very long time. Ancient Egyptians and Romans used condoms (they used to made out of animal skins and not rubber/plastic).

Sure, but there's always going to be the chance that a baby is made anyway, even with birth control. It isn't 100% effective. And simply due to that studhorse line, I can't imagine Sylvain wanting to risk it.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but there's always going to be the chance that a baby is made anyway, even with birth control. It isn't 100% effective. And simply due to that studhorse line, I can't imagine Sylvain wanting to risk it.

Even if he doesn't want to risk it, there are still intercourse/sex methods you can do that do NOT result in a baby and are still sex, sooo....you're right. Sylvain confirmed to be kinky. XD

This almost makes me wanna move him up a spot in my favorites list, because I just have such appreciation for him.

Edited by Kiran_

8 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

I agree so much with all of this. I think the attraction to Felix, like a few others mentioned, is actually because he's an edgy tsundere who mercilessly rips everybody a new one. This makes him a sort of guilty pleasure character for some people, but for me it makes a lot of his supports very hard to watch. More so when it's with someone I especially like. I legit wanted to punch him in the teeth after seeing his C and B-supports with Dorothea. I felt so bad for her afterwards. I don't even wanna know what he says to poor Ashe. Or Mercedes, for that matter.

If Felix is a tsundere, he's a tsundere done right. Compare him to Severa, who's incredibly petty and self-centered. Felix's attitude isn't based off of selfish desire, it's based off of his beliefs. That's some powerful stuff when it comes to writing and it makes it believable.

As far as his C and B with Dorothea, she was absolutely scoping him out, and he saw right through it. Yes, Felix was curt with her, but those were unwanted advances from someone who didn't stop even when it was clear that she was making the other party uncomfortable. That's just flat out wrong. Dorothea is a great character, but she can turn into a capital B should she feel the need, as seen with Ferdinand. 

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

In my case Sylvain sleeping around wouldn't change my opinion about him at all, same with Dorothea actually. Just because someone sleeps around doesn't make them terrible people or prevent them from being respectful to the wishes of their partners. Not saying that it necessarily does but even if it does, it doesn't really matter to me. 

I should have put both Sylvain and Dorothea on my top 10 list. But this game have so many great characters that there will be a lot of characters I like that will be left off the list.

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

In my case Sylvain sleeping around wouldn't change my opinion about him at all, same with Dorothea actually. Just because someone sleeps around doesn't make them terrible people or prevent them from being respectful to the wishes of their partners. Not saying that it necessarily does but even if it does, it doesn't really matter to me. 

I should have put both Sylvain and Dorothea on my top 10 list. But this game have so many great characters that there will be a lot of characters I like that will be left off the list.

It makes Sylvain worse to me though. Because he's a cheater/player/whatever already. Even if he changes later on, it still makes him worse than I thought he was at that time if he does sleep around.

Dorothea I'm pretty sure doesn't cheat on people.

I guess Sylvain's no longer my favorite character now. Oh well. I still like how he grows as a character, but that's about it.

There is no way in heck Dorothea cheats on people, because (backstory spoilers (although if you’re here you probably already know it)) 

Spoiler

Dorothea is with all these guys for her future, because she wants love and money, and she’s just looking for the perfect guy so she can be happy. Cheating on any of them would destroy the point if they found out, and because this is literally so she can survive I would say there’s no way she sleeps around. She might not even sleep with them at all, although she does make a totally suggestive comment to Byleth in their B support (At least, male Byleth, I doubt female Byleth changes it since Bi but just in case).

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

There is no way in heck Dorothea cheats on people, because

I also don't believe Dorothea cheats on people, but doesn't one of her supports say in her time at the opera she did flirt with rich men so they'd give her money? I mean, still nowhere near as bad as Sylvain, and I guess she partially had to for survival, but still not great.

Does anyone know what support I'm referring to? Haven't read any of her supports recently.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

There is no way in heck Dorothea cheats on people, because (backstory spoilers (although if you’re here you probably already know it)) 

Hide contents

Dorothea is with all these guys for her future, because she wants love and money, and she’s just looking for the perfect guy so she can be happy. Cheating on any of them would destroy the point if they found out, and because this is literally so she can survive I would say there’s no way she sleeps around. She might not even sleep with them at all, although she does make a totally suggestive comment to Byleth in their B support (At least, male Byleth, I doubt female Byleth changes it since Bi but just in case).

Yeah, I did kinda know some of this. That's why I figured Dorothea didn't ever cheat.

7 hours ago, Slyfox said:

If Felix is a tsundere, he's a tsundere done right. Compare him to Severa, who's incredibly petty and self-centered. Felix's attitude isn't based off of selfish desire, it's based off of his beliefs. That's some powerful stuff when it comes to writing and it makes it believable.

As far as his C and B with Dorothea, she was absolutely scoping him out, and he saw right through it. Yes, Felix was curt with her, but those were unwanted advances from someone who didn't stop even when it was clear that she was making the other party uncomfortable. That's just flat out wrong. Dorothea is a great character, but she can turn into a capital B should she feel the need, as seen with Ferdinand. 

A character can be extremely well-written and yet still come across as a giant douche to some people (Hello, Rhea!). And Felix may have his beliefs, which is fine. But he's openly hostile about his beliefs and shoves them down people's throats if they do so much as invite him to tea. He treats anyone whose ideas don't line up with his like garbage. And that's not fine, that's a scummy thing to do. And it's a part of his character that never truly goes away, unlike how Sylvain slowly learns to set aside his women issues and self-doubt to become a loving husband and father in his paired endings.

As for Dorothea, she clearly stopped her advances after their C-support. She doesn't show any kind of attraction to him during their B convo. Hell, most of that scene is Dorothea calling him out for being such a dick to her.

Spoiler

• Dorothea: You've made it abundantly clear I'm not to want anything from you, including politeness.
  • Felix: I heard a rumor that you're planning to settle down with a noble.
    • (Other routes) I abandoned my family, so you'll have to look elsewhere. Not much to gain from marrying me.
  • Dorothea: Nice try, Felix, but it's not like any old noble will do. I just find you interesting is all. Is that so odd?
  • Felix: Interesting? I'm not interesting. What do you mean?
  • Dorothea: I've never met a noble so...unsociable. Yes, that's the word. Unsociable. Other nobles are quick to be friends, even if it's just because they might gain something from it.
  • Felix: The Empire's nobility, maybe. The Kingdom's nobility is a whole different animal.
  • Dorothea: If they are, so what? You should care how others think of you.
  • Felix: Why? I don't answer to them. All that matters is improving my skill. I'll prove my worth on the battlefield. Those people care so much about appearances they can't even see each other. It makes me sick.
  • Dorothea: Oh, I agree. What's important isn't how someone looks, it's their true nature. I don't pretend to know your true nature. I don't even have a very good understanding of my own. But I suppose you see mine just fine, don't you? Just a silly girl with no thoughts in her head except for marrying a noble, yes? Good-bye, Felix.

This isn't Felix fighting off unwanted advances, this is Felix harshly judging a woman be barely even knows (in other words, based on appearances alone, which he himself hates) and Dorothea having enough of a spine to point out what a massive hypocrite he's being. Which is a stark contrast to the cheerful, friendly Dorothea we see in her suports with others like Edelgard, Petra and Ingrid. That, to me, really shows how hard he pushed her. Allegra Clark's voice really captures the feeling behind Dorothea's words, too. Especially on that last line.

My problem with Felix isn't that he's an asshole. I can like asshole characters (Shinon for example, though that isn't saying a whole lot since all we have to go on for why he's a racist ass is that his mother never loved him). I just think their assholery shouldn't be their entire character or that they should have legit reasons to act the way they do. I don't think Felix has enough good reasons. All I see for him are his daddy issues and hatred of chivalry and the knights. Him disagreeing with his country's customs and his father's views is no reason to treat other people like crap.

Yes, he lost his brother too. So did I. But I don't take my anger over it out on people.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just think their assholery shouldn't be their entire character

Felix isn’t like that, off the top of my head see all of his supports with Byleth, his B support with Ashe, his A support with Dimitri, his supports with Seteth, and his B and A support with Leonie (IIRC, it’s been a while)

Edited by Sooks1016

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Felix has enough good reasons. All I see for him are his daddy issues and hatred of chivalry and the knights. Him disagreeing with his country's customs and his father's views is no reason to treat other people like crap.

I don’t think that’s entirely it. Take his mentioned support with Dorothea, he’s annoyed because she keeps bothering her during training, when he really wants to get stronger. When he’s mad about that people are openly pushing his buttons, like Rodrigue “celebrating” his brother’s death, Ingrid (hypothetically) considering destroying a town because her lord said so, and Dedue saying he would massacre innocents if Dimitri told him so (that last one might not have been verbatim but you get the idea).

Edited by Sooks1016

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It makes Sylvain worse to me though. Because he's a cheater/player/whatever already. Even if he changes later on, it still makes him worse than I thought he was at that time if he does sleep around.

I guess Sylvain's no longer my favorite character now. Oh well. I still like how he grows as a character, but that's about it.

Sleeping around isn't cheating If you aren't actually in a relationship. which Sylvain isn't for most of the story. I am sure he wouldn't keep doing this after he marries Ingrid or whoever he ends up with. 

About Felix, one of the major reasons I like him as a character is because he is one of the only people in the Blue Lions able to see the inherent hyocrisy of the Faerghus Knights, especially the idea of an honourable death. As well as being one of the only people who are able to see the darkness within Dimitri for what it really is. Honestly, what is best to Dimitri about the nature of vengeance is something I would tell him as well. Stop using vengeance for the dead as an excuse to commit atrocities, it's nowhere near as righteous as he thinks it is.

If you should fight for anything. It should be your loved ones who are still alive, I think Felix represents this viewpoint.

11 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Felix isn’t like that, off the top of my head see all of his supports with Byleth, his B support with Ashe, his A support with Dimitri, his supports with Seteth, and his B and A support with Leonie (IIRC, it’s been a while)

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I don’t think that’s entirely it. Take his mentioned support with Dorothea, he’s annoyed because she keeps bothering her during training, when he really wants to get stronger. When he’s mad about that people are openly pushing his buttons, like Rodrigue “celebrating” his brother’s death, Ingrid (hypothetically) considering destroying a town because her lord said so, and Dedue saying he would massacre innocents if Dimitri told him so (this might not have been verbatim but you get the idea).

Firstly, double posting isn't allowed.

Second, I said that I didn't think Felix had enough reasons, not that assholery is his whole character. I used that latter point as an example of why I would dislike an asshole character, not that it was why I dislike Felix.

Third, thing is, Felix isn't considering the reason a lord could have for ordering the destruction of a town or killing of children (I think it was children in the case of the conversation with Dedue). If they were bad reasons, then of course, I feel like Ingrid especially would object to it. Dedue...I don't know, and I admit that is an issue I have with him.

Now, what if the scenario was more like, say, World War II? The US dropped atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm pretty sure a ton of innocent people and even children were killed there. And much of the towns were decimated in some way. But it was done to end the war before tons more lives were lost. Lives were lost anyway, but a lot more would have been had the war continued since Japan refused to surrender.

Who's to say a lord wouldn't do something similar in order to save more lives than he/she would have otherwise?

4 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Sleeping around isn't cheating If you aren't actually in a relationship. which Sylvain isn't for most of the story. I am sure he wouldn't keep doing this after he marries Ingrid or whoever he ends up with. 

It's confirmed that Sylvain does cheat though. His solo ending even references it with the last part where cheaters become known as "Sons of Gautier."

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Second, I said that I didn't think Felix had enough reasons, not that assholery is his whole character. I used that latter point as an example of why I would dislike an asshole character, not that it was why I dislike Felix.

Third, thing is, Felix isn't considering the reason a lord could have for ordering the destruction of a town or killing of children (I think it was children in the case of the conversation with Dedue). If they were bad reasons, then of course, I feel like Ingrid especially would object to it. Dedue...I don't know, and I admit that is an issue I have with him.

Now, what if the scenario was more like, say, World War II? The US dropped atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm pretty sure a ton of innocent people and even children were killed there. And much of the towns were decimated in some way. But it was done to end the war before tons more lives were lost. Lives were lost anyway, but a lot more would have been had the war continued since Japan refused to surrender.

Who's to say a lord wouldn't do something similar in order to save more lives than he/she would have otherwise?

It's confirmed that Sylvain does cheat though. His solo ending even references it with the last part where cheaters become known as "Sons of Gautier."

That is a thing though, this is his solo ending. So it is only true if he doesn't end up with anyone. 

There is no mention of him cheating in his ending with Ingrid, Dorothea, or Mercedes.

Also, very Edelgard-like logic with the nuclear bombs, can't say I disapprove. While I would say that killing civilians is never good, it can be argued it was necessary in that case. 

Top ten characters are:

1. Claude
  2. Bernadetta
  3. Petra
  4. Dorothea
  5. Flayn
  6. Lysithea
  7. Hilda
  8. Leonie
  9. Edelgard
  10. Mercedes

I wish i could mention more, i love them all.

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

That is a thing though, this is his solo ending. So it is only true if he doesn't end up with anyone. 

There is no mention of him cheating in his ending with Ingrid, Dorothea, or Mercedes.

Also, very Edelgard-like logic with the nuclear bombs, can't say I disapprove. While I would say that killing civilians is never good, it can be argued it was necessary in that case. 

Of course he doesn't cheat on them, he'd grown up and changed his ways at that point. I'm talking about during the school phase where he was taking girls to his room or whatever else. He IS cheating there.

And indeed. I don't approve of such methods myself if I believe there are safer alternatives. But if I have no choice, I have no choice, I will support more drastic measures if that's the only way to end a war before it gets worse.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, I’m so sorry!! I thought of something else to say and forgot the first message existed, and I thought that’s what you were implying! My bad! Sorry! 😅

Edited by Sooks1016

Of course he doesn't cheat on them, he'd grown up and changed his ways at that point. I'm talking about during the school phase where he was taking girls to his room or whatever else. He IS cheating there.

And indeed. I don't approve of such methods myself if I believe there are safer alternatives. But if I have no choice, I have no choice, I will support more drastic measures if that's the only way to end a war before it gets worse.

It depends on if he promises those girls a monogamous relationship or not, if he is honest about his intentions ,that wouldn't be cheating. I am not certain which one is the case, as I don't remember all the details.