Castle with generic Kitsune/Wolfskin?

ArcherBias

Does anyone here have the tools to hack a generic Kitsune or Wolfskin into their My Castle so that I can recruit them? I really like the designs, and it’s a shame they aren’t capturable in the games.

Edited by ArcherBias

The only tool I'm aware of that does anything like what you are asking for is Paragon, which is a tool for modding the game itself.  You might be able to add them via save editing, but you'd need to do it manually (by that, I mean decompressing the save file and using probably a hex editor to change values you most likely know jack about).  The Paragon method isn't necessarily terrible, but it's inconvenient because you need to disassemble the game to do it, and also because you're permanently adding units to the game (meaning every time you meet the conditions that need to be met to recruit them in any given playthrough, you'll always recruit them).  Basically the idea would be you'd make custom characters that use the generic units' graphical resources - the portraits, the sprites, and the models.

But this is all I know as someone who really isn't great at hacking games.  You'd probably find more discussion on this at GBATemp, since they're all about hacking games and the site is where you'll find many 3DS FE hacks (as well as FE hacks in general).  Not sure if FEU is a good place for discussing this topic - I have a friend who's had awful experiences with them because some of them feel the need to explain things to you even if you don't ask for it and it has little to do with what you're doing - but nevertheless it's a place you can look into.  SF really isn't ideal for looking for hackers.  Then again, the 3DS games in general don't garner much of a modding community, or at least it's not as developed as modding communities for older consoles.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

The only tool I'm aware of that does anything like what you are asking for is Paragon, which is a tool for modding the game itself.  You might be able to add them via save editing, but you'd need to do it manually (by that, I mean decompressing the save file and using probably a hex editor to change values you most likely know jack about).  The Paragon method isn't necessarily terrible, but it's inconvenient because you need to disassemble the game to do it, and also because you're permanently adding units to the game (meaning every time you meet the conditions that need to be met to recruit them in any given playthrough, you'll always recruit them).  Basically the idea would be you'd make custom characters that use the generic units' graphical resources - the portraits, the sprites, and the models.

But this is all I know as someone who really isn't great at hacking games.  You'd probably find more discussion on this at GBATemp, since they're all about hacking games and the site is where you'll find many 3DS FE hacks (as well as FE hacks in general).  Not sure if FEU is a good place for discussing this topic - I have a friend who's had awful experiences with them because some of them feel the need to explain things to you even if you don't ask for it and it has little to do with what you're doing - but nevertheless it's a place you can look into.  SF really isn't ideal for looking for hackers.  Then again, the 3DS games in general don't garner much of a modding community, or at least it's not as developed as modding communities for older consoles.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, my computer crashes when it even looks at 3D emulation, so that’s why I was asking for a My Castle. I’ll check out GBATemp.