Who can you best pair with Alm to make an optimal ship (not Celica)?

If Alm could be with anyone else but Celica, what would be the most optimal character paired with him and why? Could be any character and it doesn't have to be one he has supports with.

I hope other people have a alm/whoever rarepair, as much as I like Alm/Celica I'm interested in other ships because of the different dynamic and the way the story would change. Anyone a Alm/Lukas shipper?

Had Celica died or not been in the picture at all, I could see him ending up with Clair.

Lukas seems strange, they don't seem to have much chemistry together, let alone the fact Alm has never shown an interest in men (though fair, his obsession with Celica might have hidden that, there is no evidence for or against Alm being bi).

Otherwise maybe Silque? But other than that I can't think of another member of the cast that works with Alm.

Clair and Silque. His supports with Clair depict them as being very close, and Clair likes him. As for Silque, I don't know why but my friend ships him and her, mostly because he just REALLY hates Celica. 

If Celica was out of the picture (like if she died or something) I feel like he would just either be single or later take some random unnamed lover. He pushed Faye away. Clair realized that Alm didn't see her that way and Gray was making his moves. Silque is committed to her faith/cause, but even if she wasn't Jesse would probably have a better shot. Sonya is busy. Genny is a maybe? Who knows who that person she had a crush on was. Mae and Mathilda are out of the equation. And that's about it for the girls. Don't know about dudes.

Clair. Not only is it hinted that she develops feelings for Alm anyway, but I think they had some nice chemistry in their conversations and supports. He even seems to express a bit of interest in her as well.

The only two gals who I can think of for Alm are Faye and Clair, and I definitely lean towards Clair being the best option for Alm, as he tends to have more chemistry with her-That said, he does seem to be rather fond of Faye, so she's not totally unviable.

Most likely Clair. If he wasn't so fixated on Celica they'd probably hit it off a lot more evenly and it'd make for a good peacemaking political marriage as a bonus, assuming Celica still took Zofia and he had Rigel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Clair. Not only is it hinted that she develops feelings for Alm anyway, but I think they had some nice chemistry in their conversations and supports. He even seems to express a bit of interest in her as well.

He doesn't show interest so to speak but it's more of Alm being easy to make blush. Faye succeeded that by merely complimenting him in her base conversation.

• 4 weeks later...

Are we sure Alm likes Celica because she's a girl? I think it's far more likely that he's attracted to her low-weight, high-crit Excalibur spell. Now, who can get Excalibur on Alm's side? Tobin and Kliff can, but only if they choose to become a mage, which isn't guaranteed for either of them. Therefore, I think Alm's most suitable non-Celica partner is actually the charming mage from the Forest Village, Luthier.

• 2 weeks later...

Elice! Marth's sister. May the friendship between the United Nations of Archanea and Valentia be sealed with a political marriage of their respective royal families. Sorry Merric.

Edited by Jotari

In my opinion, Probably Faye or Clair like said before. Although, I do like the idea of Faye slowly bevoming less obsessed with All, perhaps because of something he said or realizing he isn't interested, and becoming more of her own person, the that being what attracts Alm to her. 

Other than that, maybe one of the Cihper DLC characters, due to the fact that theyre more obscure it wouldn't screw with any of the main character's official endings.

First, theres 6 woman in Alm route. one married and also another one is clearly taken, and another one will attract police (cant have the main character apprehended because who else gonna shield-drop Duma). Second, out of 3 remaning its clear as day which has the best chemistry with Alm. Third i didnt have the dlc so cant comment on those.

Now, if only Celica route units also in Alm army that would give us more options but they dont have support with alm to know which one have good chemistry. Personally i would choose Mathilda because clair seems too obvious, but no.. without Mathilda besides Clive we cant shit on him anymore, LoL. Rinea seems nice too, after all she were to be wed with Rigel Noble, and surprise! Alm is the noblest of all Rigellian. if only she were alive at the end of the game.

So i would choose Sonya for that charm and also she knows a good deal about Jedah inner workings, might as well use that support to gather intel to form better strategy against him