Which Movie Theaters are temporary open during at Pandemic?

King Marth 64

I did heard some people mentioned that some of the movie theaters are coming back to be open in their area. I was thinking of planning on going back to AMC Theaters to see the Sonic movie (that was the movie that I missed seeing before Pandemic started and I did planned on going to see it during at March before they announced they're shut down), Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Empire Strikes Back is my least favorite Star Wars movie, but I probably feel like I wanted to see it in the theaters for experience), Beauty & the Beast, and Back to the Future I.

I just wanted to know that does anyone know which movie theaters are opening back up in North America? I did tried to look at AMC Theaters website, but the problem in their websites that they keep showing up it's temporary closed and I don't see their opening schedule anywhere in their website nor in Google Maps. But, I keep seeing the Movie Showings showed up as August 20th. Does anyone know if there's other Recommended Theaters that are open incase if AMC Theaters are still shut down?

Edited by King Marth 64

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this is something that will vary state-by-state, and possibly at the municipal level. Here's an article on the reopening status. Regal is open in a lot of places. Beyond this, I can only advise trying to contact the theater directly. If you call, and somebody answers, they're probably open.

I'm worried that theaters still present something of a threat, for what's ultimately a luxury. But hopefully their safety measures are more effective than I expect at stopping viral spread. Best wishes, regardless.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:30 AM, Captain Karnage said:

I have no idea, all I know is that my AMC theater went out of business a few months ago, so now when everyone opens back up we'll be down a theater.

Oof, sorry to hear that. Theaters have been on a downturn with more ways to access movies directly, but this pandemic has been downright lethal. Hopefully they'll resurge somewhat once the virus is beaten, but...