• Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
    • Claude: Almyra's King
    • Takumi: Empty Vessel
    • Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor
    • Celica: Imprisoned Soul
    • Lysithea: Earnest Seeker
    • Tiki: Torpid Dragon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2020 at 02:59 AM

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Voting Gauntlet is effectively a Wheel of Fortune wheel where more popular characters get more winning slots. Not liking an element of randomness does not mean it is bullshit. Bullshit is a pejorative term.

This is how I see it. Popularity affects the odds, but victory is ultimately random, and that's fine because victory is also meaningless.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

that's fine because victory is also meaningless.

There was that gauntlet that Altina won (I think she was the favourite so there was no harm done), but this gauntlet isn't like that.

14 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

There was that gauntlet that Altina won (I think she was the favourite so there was no harm done), but this gauntlet isn't like that.

That is true, I forgot about that.

Supporting my man Claude.

This has a weird theme to it. This year's CYL with some Fallen Heroes? Ok. It's not like we have CYL heroes from previous years or anything... or their regular forms...

Actually I think I'm on the Edelgard train to. Generally speaking supporting Reds sucks because they're the most common color to get from the random support unit, while Greens and Colorless seem to be quite a bit rarer. Blue is... kinda just in the middle.

ANYWAY, I don't have many problems with Dimitri, but Edelgard is the less common color between the two units I was thinking of supporting.

Ima support with my... hm... actually, I don't think I've given Wrys the time of day yet... yeah sure why not? Maybe he'll confuse some people real good.

Actually, it's a bit interesting to see the parallels here. Very "what could have been."

Spoiler

Dimitri vs Fallen Berkut: both kind of fell into madness at one point and were deposed as leaders in one way or another. Their homes are also both northernly, cold regions. In the end (at least in Azure Moon) Dimitri overcomes his anguish and becomes stronger for it. Berkut, however, succumbs to his sorrow and becomes an explosive tool to an insane god.

Edelgard vs Fallen Celica: This kind of less powerfully follows after the parallels between Fodlan's and Valentia's events/themes/etc. The major difference here is that Edelgard overcame the dragons (I guess; haven't played Crimson Flower) while this version of Celica's soul was lost to one.

Lysithia vs Fallen Tiki: Both have unusual inheritance and both are young. A major difference here is that Lysithia is trying to gain recognition as an adult as quickly as possible while Tiki embraces her childishness. The main difference, however, is that one has a short life, fearing that death will come for her soon, and the other's life is extremely long, and so she sees many of her friends die.

Claude vs Fallen Takumi: I saved this one for last because I had to look at it twice to get a somewhat complete realization of these guys. The first is "ARCHERS!" but that's obvious. The real comparison here is much more complex. (Please take this with a grain of salt; I haven't finished my Golden Deer run...nor my Conquest run.) Takumi is very nationalistic (actually, a lot of the Fates cast is, but that's beside the point) and has an inferiority complex. He's so filled with doubt about himself and about Corrin (and Azura) that he became usable as a puppet by Iago. He has a very "you're not one of us" sort of mentality. Conversely, Claude recognizes that he's not really "one of them" (that is, the people of Fodlan) and even refers to himself as an outsider. He doesn't accept his identity from his mother's side very well and so instead of caring too much (like Takumi does), winds up caring too little, detaching and distancing himself from many others. That said, both of these guys have trouble feeling like they belong with those they wind up surrounded by and both are always filled with distrust.

As for choosing who to support, my favorites are Dimitri and Berkut, so at least it's guaranteed that one of them will make it into round 2. XD Not sure who to support first, though.

I'll go ahead and support Berkut. His story hit me harder than Dimitri's, but I'll definitely support Dimitri if Berkut loses to him. If both are down in round 3... Uh, we'll see who's left. XD

I have everyone except Berkut and Edelgard. Since I usually like being on the team that is likely to get more multipliers I will start with FH!Celica's team or FH!Tiki's team. Leaning more towards Celica's team since Edelgard will probably have the biggest team in the gauntlet.

From the first hour results, we have:

1. Edelgard, with 18,496,920;
  2. Dimitri, with 12,842,059;
  3. Lysithea, with 9,765,125;
  4. Claude, with 8,711,190;
  5. Tiki, with 2,981,327;
  6. Celica, with 2,430,873;
  7. Berkut, with 1,991,228;
  8. Takumi, with 1,224,214.

As expected, all Three Houses characters are winning by a lot.

And from these four, Claude is the one with less support.

34 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

From the first hour results, we have:

1. Edelgard, with 18,496,920;
  2. Dimitri, with 12,842,059;
  3. Lysithea, with 9,765,125;
  4. Claude, with 8,711,190;
  5. Tiki, with 2,981,327;
  6. Celica, with 2,430,873;
  7. Berkut, with 1,991,228;
  8. Takumi, with 1,224,214.

As expected, all Three Houses characters are winning by a lot.

And from these four, Claude is the one with less support.

Wow, these numbers xD

Well as expected Tiki is the most likely to win a potential upset, but let's see how this evolves.

We shouldn't only be going with the first hour results to gauge how big a team is. Many players probably join later, particularly ones in the west because time zones. The numbers will look different then.

Still, it's not surprising anyway, those results.

I'm surprised I haven't seen many red units on Team Celica. I might have seen about one red unit from one of my random allies (of course it was a FH!Celica) but that could always change later, probably when I want to actually use flags.