Anon plays Battle Network 1

AnonymousSpeed

On 8/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh and if Higsby makes it to the finals I'll do a screenshot LP or something for the first Battle Network game.

I am a man of my word.

Spoiler

Vy70JFm.png

Hopefully this makes it farther than my Star Force LP.

3L05Yfa.png

Mega Man Battle Network is the greatest series of all time. The reason Binding Blade isn't the best Game Boy Advance game ever made is because spots 1-6 belong to the Battle Network games.

That's some big talk, but I've never actually played the first game, so this'll be interesting. I know a lot about this game, I just haven't played it myself, so I can say that even the second game in the series had a lot of refinements and I'm interested to see how this game will play without them.

Z0hgfEL.png

See? Never played this game before. Gotta start all new.

6pM3WsS.pngaG7wo4q.png

This is Lan, our protagonist. I think he's the "main" character, but he's really part of a pair.

v7dqcAN.png

Boring!

IDUd0Nv.pngdNadkJd.png

Yeah, now we're talking!

Do0Aydr.pngwczVLAn.png

Typical dad.

0jscNBA.pngrIgHuEZ.pngh9rvgjO.png

Battlechips are our main weapons in this game. There's dozens of them, and they each have a different effect or damage value or something.

https://imgur.com/JukAw46JukAw46.png

Despite having a unique pajama sprite, Lan uses his regular portrait, which includes the headband he hasn't changed into yet.

One changing later-

3fYkIxp.png

This is us.

We're a bad dude, and we roll with a bunch of bad boys.

We wear roller skates in the house, not only that but we walk in them like they were regular shoes.

One neat little touch is that, throughout the games, your pause screen is the PeT.

Since we don't have our PeT yet, we can't actually pause the game.

NHL40OV.png

A PeT is basically a smart phone.

4toFTxO.png

AI navigation programs AKA network navigator AKA netnavi AKA navi are how most people interface with electronics in this world.

Most navis are generic models, but some, like MegaMan, are customized and have their own personalities. They're basically digital humans.

94mEfYO.pngMWA4Gpg.pngnki7tBU.png

This is MegaMan's standard MO, making sure Lan doesn't rot his life way with his laziness.

6G3UOs9.png

Open the menu, and-

drMlgty.png

Mail time!

WUIn9pA.png

This is a trick the Battle Network games like to do a lot.

You'll get and read an email during a cutscene, but it'll still be a new email in your inbox right afterwards.

It's kind of funny but overall probably a good thing in case players hammer through the dialogue and miss something important.

Anyway, let's see what dad sent us...

9o1hnFE.png

We get a CrossGun C from Dad's email.

ihkpx7O.pngKBl629f.png

I swap out a CrossGun J for it, since we don't have any J code chips aside from CrossGun. I'll explain codes later.

H8Ikbnm.png

The menu also gives us my favorite option, "Don't Have to Redo That Last Part"

oEiiYOl.pngf4yNX6D.png

File exists? I thought this was a new game!

I must have saved twice for screeshot purposes.

2rfAoUM.png

Yay, now I don't have to repeat the 0 effort put forth so far!

With our upstairsing done, we head downstairs.

ZSwEv6T.png

Remember this doghouse, it will be important five games from now.

YMdkSwn.png

Almost everything in the Battle Network universe can interfaced with by netnavis by "jacking in" to them. This probably seemed weird and futuristic at the time, but in an era where everything has a bluetooth connection, having to do it through a wired connection seems almost outdated.

b5jyQJD.png

Trying to jack in to something else gets us a scolding. No fun!

3Xu8LLB.png

This is Lan's mom. I don't know what she'll be late for, because as far as I'm aware she never leaves this house.

dq69uIc.pngteIm8NF.png

It pays to check around in Battle Network. You'll find neat little battlechips and sometimes more substantial upgrades.

I don't remember what this particular chip was, but I think it was just a Recover10 or something. Lame.

Head outside and-

RWVts46.png

This is Mayl.

8CVh9jS.pngYy6EN51.pngaDNhEZr.pngCgLRL8n.png

She's a token love interest. They even walk to school together.

Mayl is easily the worst of Lan's friend group, since her personality begins and ends with being a childhood crush. I like her navi, though.

DWO32Wr.pngZedAER1.png

The ever reasonable MegaMan.EXE brings some value to this scene.

Vy0DzgS.png7XiwkS2.png7TZG6yg.pngKPHbfby.png

You know those spam emails saying they'll detonate your phone if you don't hand over your credit card information? That sort of thing is an existential threat in the Battle Network universe.

jUVp2hZ.pngPuvfebb.png

This is foreshadowing, she is not.

BZDrZId.png

And then they went inside.

FPA6iJP.pngVhGIWVb.png

If you do not, time will remain still.

HZ0lCmb.png

This is Yai, the second best of Lan's friend group of three other people. She has a large forehead and an actual personality.

8zPlamu.pngyagxA7v.png

We shall not be hearing her speech though, since that would require me to take more pictures.

rBUMTuE.png

Hello ladies.

sneTR3N.png116FrQR.png

They sure are ladies alright.

oZPv80E.png9fFcvNs.png

Gotta beat the game to find out.

aWU0l0s.png

Foreshadowing.

wLqKJDE.pngAgkt9TJ.png

Ay, it's Dex! I like this guy the most of Lan's friends. He's pretty cool. He may talk tough, but he looks out for his friends and family.

Ku3zmTT.png

I think this just means that its not allowed at school, but much like prohibitions against playing cards after final exams, that rule is ignored. The manga (of which I own two of God knows how many volumes apparently it has tonal dissonance issues I haven't read it in years) made netbattling actually illegal.

FmQLNgX.png

The essence of modern ethics.

D4fVveI.pngIkAOp41.png

Yai's very full of herself.

sMOzLtx.png

bc4rThy.png

I wanted to fight GutsMan, but I guess we have to wait until after the tutorial.

teqlhh2.png

This is Lan's teacher, Ms. Mari.

DognkGo.png

This is sort of like if your school taught you about playing video games.

I mean, it's a useful skill in-universe but it's a useful skill that happens to be fun, you know?

3ZUgEdN.png

Much like the welfare state, the ostensible benefits of net society are cancelled out by the rise in hoodlumism which accompanied it.

LHNgfsK.png

Imagine getting extra credit for reading the news. It really is state indoctrination.

lM3yuQo.png

iexjcNP.png

GutsMan may be an early boss in every game, but he's no slouch in the long run.

QaeRfTT.png

I mean, he's never a very difficult boss but he helps fight the good fight.

6HUmrGl.png

hqOxlgg.png

B7zrPxY.png

CsFmbu6.png

Order in the courts!

sIEGAv9.pngos14BHG.png

oF33Ym8.png

We can press the R button to try and jack in at any time. This term is a subject of much childish humor, and I'm not necessarily above that, it's just that the joke has been worn out at this point.

DNqjSG3.png

Lan seems to only begrudgingly interact with the world around him unless there's something exciting going on. It helps make otherwise boring moments a little more entertaining.

feCgZlN.png

RbCwqLH.png

4IV3lgP.png

Jacking in plays a fancy little cinematic that probably looked really impressive when the game first game out. Each Battle Network game has its own jacking in animation, as I recall.

9r6RmFi.png

In the schools network, we can clearly see all the important characters, including big ol' GutsMan!

It's pretty much a classroom with no chairs, which is alright with me. I like standing up during classes, keeps the blood flowing during slow mornings.

LNAxWln.png

Tutorial time!

0egJGhg.png

Which I'm going to be skipping, since it's extremely boring. As much as love these games, it sucks that each one starts off with a really boring and wordy tutorial that you can't skip.

XyKSW7J.png

Even Ms. Mari is bored!

cpy5NFA.pngCrDbnFE.png5zF0Mcw.pngaX4a8Ld.png

A brief summary. Each individual battlechip not only has a type (such as canon, shotgun, etc) that determines what it does, but a chip code (a letter of the alphabet). When selecting battlechips, you can either pick chips of the same type or which have the same code.

Later games have an * (asterisk) code which is like a wild card, but this game has no such luxury. Good ol' English alphabet for us!

IrqI6d5.pngrDOVGsf.png

In the first tutorial battle, we chose two canons. In this one, we choose two S-code chips.

Steal turns the frontmost enemy column into one of our columns, and widesword hits the panel in front of us and the panel above and below that.

5QaqL1a.png

When the custom gauge (the white bar at the top) fills up (which takes a few seconds), you get to select more chips.

Mega Man can also attack using his iconic peashooter, but it does one damage and is kind of slow and you can't charge it by default so it kinda sucks. It's barely a backup weapon, only useful early on when your folder sucks and is filled with different chip codes.

ayQTlmB.png

We only have one Steal and one WideSword in our folder, yet the tutorial gives us an extra one of each anyway. The school system once again selling the kids on false delusions about life.

MR6e6VW.png

The last tutorial is about the ADD feature. When you press that button, you don't get any chips for a turn, but once you get to select more chips, you'll have 10 to pick from instead of 5. Later games make it so you have to discard chips to add, and from 4 onwards they scrapped the mechanic entirely for being kind of useless.

Dffqwhh.png

Using my buster, I wore these guys down to be at 30 HP or less. This sets it up so I can wipe them all out using these three CrossGuns.

5j3bjIZ.png

Hooray.

As you can see I got hit a few times, but HP fully recovers between battles in this game so I don't really care about getting hit.

9g1JYXk.png

EiIptWD.png

x0HYrL0.png

Sorry boys, we gotta fight GutsMan instead!

RGfC1Du.png

I had a biology teacher who had a really funny joke about Saved by the Bell, but I have neither the charisma nor memory to pull it off. I do remember the joke he told about the turkey shoot, though.

HxxIIHI.pngn97bLhI.png

LES DOET!

"This is the first navi you can fight in the game, but you don't get any reward for beating him. How sad, I wanted a GutsMan chip!"

Normally, beating an optional navi (one not related to the plot) gets you their navi chip, a powerful battlechip which summon that navi into battle. I'm not actually sure if you can skip this fight though, but you don't even get money for it which is lame either way. You get money for beating story bosses!

STyiKiH.png

Stride away all cool.

YqR0vMh.png

EqR1rDD.pnggpIGDey.pngclfnVDe.png

That's very encouraging of him, but PowerUps are nothing special. They just make the buster a little stronger.

smrqrz1.pnghpVenSi.png

Thank you tutorial dad.

qDEv1FH.png

Oh yeah that might be important to note. Chips are one-use within any individual battle but infinite use overall.

Yu7RZAk.pngefIBSdA.png

See, "jacking out" is a lot funnier than "jacking in," because even though it lacks clear allusion to penetration, "out" and "off both start with O, so it almost works like an actual joke.

ZcSmEp7.png

Hm, who's this nonplayer character?

qVBYQYf.pngcKc807L.png7BtlP1t.png

Bah, who cares what the old curmudgeon thinks?

LKcwpov.png

Workskipper! Deadbeat!

051RaXB.png

Get used to it, we got six games of terrorism to foil ahead of us.

nwCai7x.pngVgbJpvj.png

Make your own jokes. His face is still funnier.

UFpw9FY.png

This is Yai's house. It's pretty big, apparently she feels she needs to stand guard and defend it, like a little lawn gnome.

FAQl7xL.png

Probably the same lecture from the classroom, I really don't want to hear it.

9Qw7tF7.png

I got screenshot quotas to fill. Don't get a swell head.

siZq7Iu.png

*Discord moderator intensifies*

TgKxpe1.pngmbeP57s.png

I always figured Yai skipped multiple grades, since she's much shorter than everyone else.

5TprcMz.png

This is Mayl's house. It is of course pink, as she is quite literally the girl next door.

i45CGEy.png

Dang it, says MegaMan. He ain't happy 'bout that nonsense.

VeeQW1u.png

Dex weirdly has the nicest house in ACDC town. It's very modern looking, and I like that deck.

MVI2wke.png

Wha? Mom's not in the kitchen?

R5knkjz.png8vdWoyZ.png

There's a lot of flavortext in these games, more than I usually take the time to appreciate. They aren't much but they're corny enough to lend it a certain charm, and it helps break up the monotony while scouring every inch of space for battlechips and jack-in ports.

QDwIyeH.png

Good, 'cause we ain't goin' ta the store any time soon, BUCKO!

dTOGKSC.png

Ah, there's mom, with a Scottish person!

I don't trust him.

d3iCfnG.pngnxxSrhW.png

I wonder if we'll get to see any ovens exploding in this game.

Ydc5K9Q.pngvJlzHOl.png

I don't care if he has a well kept goatee, my Scottish blood tells me not to trust Scots.

rCBFKx8.png

So, there's this literary technique called dramatic irony-

R0wa4Bl.png

Wow, harsh mother. I shall go, please do not beat me.

AP2HPj8.png

I'm watching you, ginger.

BxA5h7U.pngqA5Sjrj.png

Amateur, keeping answers to tests after he takes them.

hFA24YO.png

2 AM is a little early to go to bed.

kITByxV.png

Much like how the school computers were their own little dimension of floating platforms, the entire internet is one interconnected maze in Battle Network.

6OZ4rbg.pngFLt8KGv.png

Later games change "transmit" to "execute," but this is far from the last time Lan does a fancy little jack-in animation.

zyOSUJU.pngSbMj3V4.pngIRwlTgz.png

This is a Mr. Prog. They're everywhere and seem to be necessary for most electronic devices to work. They are also very precious and I favor them highly.

In later games they speak in all caps, so this is kind of surreal to read.

b55wV36.png

Into the wild west of the early 2000s internet!

nxZiUdJ.png

We made it!

The internet!

It's so...narrow.

T8Eagq5.png

We immediately begin talking to strangers.

VbfKJUj.pngbxR9ABH.png

Unlike GutsMan and Roll (Mayl's navi), we never get to fight this guy and we never get his chip. He's canonically combat capable, but ultimately he's useless.

zyA1BaV.pngNy7IPD6.pngPwMhLMU.pngWThpZNC.png

yjZ0mIO.png

"@Yai"

After several attempts to capture the little fist bump, this was the best I could do.

This basically lets us enter Yai's computer from the internet, sort of the opposite how we just entered the internet by leaving our own.

TiGCZD3.pngB4WK8EQ.png

"Home page" in the later games, which feels like a more apt description.

4o61g33.png

Will he now?

sKH0eDo.png

Not like I have any dialogue options to do otherwise.

9ptL3ms.png

Shiny crystals!

aeVzKNO.png1z7m3dc.png

Blue mystery data can only be accessed one time before it disappears forever, but the reward inside is constant.

lv4UlgN.png

Walkin' 'round the net, and-

F5JcJ0f.png

Random encounter!

I'm going to be skipping these two, since I like to have my hands busy with the fighting during battles and honestly it would just get boring.

coAW1BS.png

Defeating enemies can often get you new battlechips. This MetGuard is a reflective shield that blocks one attack and counters with a shockwave!

uyKPvky.pngYTdoA9E.png

In our exploring, we find a terminal very near our own that apparently isn't Yai's.

WRM6PwD.png

We also find a dead end. The net is full of these, but some of them hold optional boss fights you can take on for navi chips!

dqzrp5X.pnggyC0ZtE.png

Just doing a little showing off of my strategic process.

D5BwyYD.png

Defeating enemies faster and without taking damage increases your busting level. Your busting level affects the reward you get after combat. Usually you get zenny for poorer perfomances and chips for higher busting levels. It also affects what code you get, and as we see here, the same enemy can drop different chips depending on your busting level.

Shock wave is pretty powerful, dealing sixty damage and traveling through enemies, but I'm not going to adjust my folder in the middle of the update.

RXkmmzH.pngTo3Uzx3.png

Not suspicious at all. No need to tell the authorities, or to shimmy around that door.

You can't see it, but there's supposed to be a skull on this door.

BWojR9X.png

There's the skull. Kind of.

spWKs3a.png

Pretty sure there is an optional boss here later on.

itOHwE3.png

These are canodumbs. They drop canon chips.

YmvQjRS.png

Hooray, shops!

Z6hX4xL.png

Hm. We don't have much money, though...

TGt5d20.png

There's a particular reason I'd want a canon in C code, but of course, I don't have enough rubies.

8zR8L6w.png

The southeast path took us to the shop, let's try the west one.

nRA8qR3.pngRoJdC1y.pngNFredhY.png

Ahah!

4n8hsgb.png

Don't see Glyde, though. The liar.

eNpNFhA.png6RgMnCi.png

We can either enter the net through Yai's computer, or enter Yai's computer through the net. Neither is particularly helpful.

tDcLf2l.png

Her network is this huge spiral, a real pain to navigate with nothing to do but get caught in random battles. At least the money and chips are good.

7snhPf3.png

The new virus is a fishy. They're pretty hearty and charge at you, but the timing to intercept them with a sword isn't that hard.

Wp5KC8j.png

Green mystery data gives a random reward, but respawns whenver you jack out.

FT7CFpg.png

Unlike future games, where you can runaway from any random encounter by pressing L (I think), this game requires you use a chip to escape random battles. It makes things a bit more tedious.

Enb7Etw.png

Like, zoinks, Lan!

5SC9o81.png

Let's get out of here!

aAXuG7b.png

At the end of this winding pathway is where we'd appear if we jacked in from Yai's computer. Since MegaMan is a humble navi who only exists within the digital realm, he cannot un-jack-in through this portal and appear in Yai's house. Meaning it's a dead end.

8B0mPfb.png

gCBpjAt.png

Nothing my cool sword skills can't handle, though!

wIEl4sq.png

This is the chip Fishy's drop, Dash. You charge forward and deal 50 damage to anything you charge through. In later games it deals 90 damage and is thus much more useful.

I'll be wanting these in G code if possible.

Fa17Day.png

I got turned around a few times in Yai's network, but I got a lot of money out of it. This will allow me to buy a few HP Memories, which increase MegaMan's max health by 20.

4QgTm3b.png

We can buy two and we shall.

HkoxQ2p.png

As you can see, there are more available for purchase, but we are back to being poor again.

MegaMan's max HP in this game is 1000, so that's about...45 HP memories to buy or find.

JZbgtaJ.png

Hm, a program?

ZJ6stur.png

Could it be?

8HEdHnU.png

It must be!

QwoCUhD.pnglaHOawi.png

Shut up I already said that. I don't need your vindication!

HZwu3F6.png

Hopefully we don't need to navigate two much of that manji to get to him.

AHu7gty.png

We don't have access to this terminal.

Muox3eM.png

Thankfully we can just snoop around it!

2Hj9AoH.png

Oh? What's this?

WX5tpUP.pnggDISEgg.png

2gb73IG.pngnbbgUE2.png

My boy Dex has actually shut off Lan from the entire internet with what amounts to a no-tresspassing sign. Is there any limit to his power?

AH8f0nK.png

Back in Yai's network, we thankfully don't have to look very hard for Glyde.

DyFiw1C.pngoJO5R95.png

Black-eyed Glyde.

23SI8RA.pngu9azJOq.pngxVdBINl.png

Probably won't be using that, given my lack of I-code chips or other spreaders.

6seDRXV.png

Maybe she'll have made tendies!

Dc1TNay.pngID90cUg.png

This homepage really is like some sort of psychadelic drug trip.

7Dr6iPe.png

P5jCmqU.png

su6syiS.png

And we're back home!

I think I'm going to call this here. There's a whole scenario once we head downstairs and it's getting a bit late.

Let me know if you want this continued. It was kind of a pain to put together, so I'm not sure I want to, but if there's enough interest I could make more screenshot "episodes" or try to record a video series.

Anyway. Go vote for Higsby. He doesn't show up until, like, the second scenario. Have a blessed day.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

XyKSW7J.png

NO MOM I DELETED THE VIRUS!

There's a particular reason I'd want a canon in C code, but of course, I don't have enough rubies.

You'll have to slay a few more Gorias for THAT!

Let me know if you want this continued. It was kind of a pain to put together, so I'm not sure I want to, but if there's enough interest I could make more screenshot "episodes"

Sign me up please! Don't do it if you don't feel like it, though.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ydc5K9Q.pngvJlzHOl.png

I don't care if he has a well kept goatee, my Scottish blood tells me not to trust Scots.

Damm Mega Scots, they ruined Mega Scotland!

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

7Dr6iPe.png

P5jCmqU.png

Lan leaving Megaman to some private business.

I did try this before, I wasn't into the series as much to even finish the first game but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 AM, Benice said:

Sign me up please! Don't do it if you don't feel like it, though.

I'll see if I can't get into a sort of rhythm on weekends. This update took me like an hour and a half which isn't too long but wasn't super efficient compared to how much game I played.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:04 AM, Dayni said:

I did try this before, I wasn't into the series as much to even finish the first game but that's just me.

You should play the later games they're really good. I like 3, though maybe it's better to play 2 first. I don't know, but they're just good. You don't even really have to finish them to enjoy them.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, lightcosmo said:

Lan's mom does in fact leave the house, and it's in MMBN, the first game! No wonder you never seen her leave!

Oh right, that's the ElecMan scenario, right?

Anyway. Part 2.

Burn to the ground.

Spoiler

0uVJNC5.png

Now would probably be a good time to edit my folder.

I swap out some useless junk like Recover 10 and Panel Out for Shockwave and Dash chips. The shotguns are gone, and the crossguns will go next once I get some more good chips.

DR5781Y.png

Who would have assumed that trouble might result from leaving a woman alone with a violent drunk Scottish blue collar worker?

kqJ0leQ.png

Nyet blyat, komrad. OUR mom.

NKbcWyE.png

To adventure!

ZnUR089.png

Well what do you know, the oven's on fire. If only we'd heard about that sort of thing before.

c8iisOf.png

They're too hot.

QG6GZ6c.png

Call a fireman!

hv8QayO.png

Technically I think it was inspected, which isn't quite the same thing.

JlJf4e2.png

He probably charged them a fee for repairs they didn't need and which didn't work. Typical tradesman.

PCxvAlo.png

Yeah, let's plug my phone into the flaming oven!

sHnfePb.png

Like I said, destroying someone's phone with a malicious program is an existential threat in Battle Network.

WaXrp1u.png

The most level headed of our protagonists.

M3vDat0.png

She'll pace back in forth in a panic, but if I put Lan here it'll stop her and she'll just jog in place against him.

t5qnCa3.pngUkCjAX5.png

Well, I've played the other games so I know the house is still there. No worries.

You should still apologize though, for being stupid.

yiMdunm.png

I was unaware.

Qk3B5vV.png

Seems foolish,

8RIFpTz.png

But the magical dialogue box told me to do it, so in we go.

3h9eDPB.png

This is the oven network. It looks moderately warm.

UwUv6iN.png

I did not mean to get so many pictures with people's eyes closed. It just happened that way.

XzYK9KV.png

Thanks, Lan.

We gotta talk to the NPCs first though.

y9aKwCe.png

You can actually find multiple viruses in here.

qqPUDLk.png

(Mr. Prog)rams.

sNBy7Nb.png

Not yet, at least.

u6xkL50.pngYGxO9hI.png4rXhJEc.pngy3as194.png

We have to go deeper!

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

DEEPER!

lBRICsEgWENdALE-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14763

NO NOT THAT DEEP!

zQnnGfe.png

He doesn't even bother opening his eyes, it won't do any good. You can't see the viruses!

This means random encounters.

k8OOAIQ.png

Little fires are in our way, cutting off certain paths. We'll have to go around them for now.

ZJXbOTL.pngGa8uj2C.png

Not sure why an oven has a thawing protocol, or why that protocol has a tool for making things icier, but as long as it works out for us I guess I don't care.

XyUxIcE.png

Where? I can't see it!

ClkVwgO.png

Oh no!

hPbpeAA.png3NqVyVz.png

Lcbafls.png

Get ready for a hard-

FJGzwLB.png

ClmEqnz.png

I won't be showing most virus fights, and as far as the random encounters are concerned, I won't be showing most drops either.

KENVw93.png

Deleted is a nice way of saying deaded.

tHtonyR.png

You would need an Unlocked for purple mystery data in later games, but I guess that sort of encryption hasn't been invented yet.

Fsi5Vt8.pngnlmB7mZ.png

We'll do what we can, little buddy.

zeTQhcS.png

...buddy?

lgZsqqb.png

...oh.

VaMbUZB.png

They really did a number on the population here. Poor souls.

XsYqGKK.png

Let me just...

SBUjJVL.png

I'm sure that guy would have wanted me to have this.

AdyOPU5.png

The bright fire is keeping me from the shiny!

aAnOL8G.png

We muddle around until we get where we were supposed to go.

pu9F6yt.png

This is our tool-

42KzsLV.pngWTlresj.png

This is our mission.

p8yNwiY.png

Cool as ice.

2veu04K.pngrOyk9SV.png

We know this guy will survive, at least.

h6sPNfu.pngJYC4ylN.png

Oh wait are we still fist pumping? Hahahahah.

MegaMan must be a weird guy to get gifts for.

2lCtBbS.png

I know I said last part that I wouldn't be editing my folder mid-update, but I got a bunch of shockwaves from the mets in here and you guys don't have to sit through me sorting my chips anyway, so I'm just going to go ahead and add those.

HntN1MN.png

oh heck I have angered the promise enforcers

AUwahet.png

MfAjsTz.png

I promise to survive.

lDDTge0.png

Automated human response.

oX9jAWh.png

He was annihilated in a fiery inferno. Don't worry, his name is in the title, he's okay.

beOqy7m.png

Oh hey a phone call.

ur648JA.png

Good idea, but that on speakerphone.

WRDqTPa.png

usg1Q5w.png

The Scottish guy!

kY7tP2o.png

More like de-pair.

Hmph. Heh.

pNAsTFQ.png

Nice of this guy to rat himself out.

dFYgH6o.png

This guy actually pulled off the old pretend inspector trick.

FWmemDb.png

Look at how satisfied he is with himself.

vpQmUmX.png

Oh yeah?

U1xMVLZ.png

We'll see about that!

m3ja0MC.png

...his story checks out.

R3Zqd1k.png

Why can't we just put out the fire with those giant sweat droplets?

MTzN7CB.png

Thankfully I already know the solution to this challenge.

lPZD2oM.png

We are going to put out an electrical fire with a supersoaker.

AvHfMM1.png

Thankfully this doesn't cause a blinding explosion which leaves Yuichiro Hikari a sonless widower.

hsKtuOz.png

People in this game better be religious when miracles like this happen.

dRUb49s.png

Fk7ocmE.png

Mega Man has a whole getting up animation and everything. It's a lot more spritework than I was expecting, honestly. Very nice.

3rCBcLM.png

That's! Great!

Ii54ZpK.png

First order of business is to claim our shiny.

p5igOGI.png

I am disappointed.

MG8oyrP.pngp3lhsSJ.png

Will do. Let us descend!

aojGtKn.png

We have descended.

54QHzX0.png

The treasure down here is somehow worse.

BDufhRz.png

The unlocked locked mystery data is a little better. LilBomb might not be in the same code as any of our other chips, but it's at least new.

gmgxqba.png

I just wanted to show off this S Rank. I think I got it using two dashes to kill 3 viruses. In regular virus fights, I think you need a double delete to get an S rank.

izadjUA.pngbvTKg5T.png

I fumble through blindly because looking at a map this early would be lame.

k97pXfg.png

Ah, a Volgear! This is the first actual fire element enemy we've encountered this game. They're very annoying to fight because they move out of your row, and we unfortunately don't have any aqua chips to counter them. The encounter rate for these guys is weirdly low here, so I didn't have a chance to learn their pattern or get their chip. I'll have to do that later.

i4lDRUX.png

1 uses remaining. This was around the point I realized I had not taken the right path through here.

EIV9fY9.png

Gotta start from scratch. Sometimes its all you can do.

1yVMOPk.pngOO1157H.png

Some more S ranks, once again demonstrating how different busting ranks drop different chip codes.

iOU8cRo.png

You can just imagine knowing the right solution and seeing me put it in place. I have 1 left over which I think you use to get all the mystery data in one swoop.

Nw3KOeV.pngNCIlGeB.png6fkFFvI.png

Not sure what this "master virus" they're talking about it, but I do know it means a boss is coming up.

5lIajAM.png

He'll be fine.

MQUg43m.png

CaELzf2.png

Yeah, he's okay.

uUYBGOQ.png

Oh look, the boss. He's just standing there. Menacingly.

wuCWiMv.png

We'll defeat him with our squats!

pxe0HvW.png

pUcpysQ.png

MegaMan wake up, it's unprofessional.

eiOjNXK.pngUMf8Scc.png

That's the Scottish guy, by the way.

His name is Mr. Match.

We never learn his first name, I assume its McKenzie.

t2xtg3B.pngRCH3UDF.png

Don't send me anything useless, like minibombs!

8eFpCAl.pngecwgqtG.png

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I actually quite like Mr. Match.

E9DA1Rd.png

They don't seem to be that somber about things.

S91Zlgu.png

EGdXNmS.png

OMoPhN7.png

"Unlike GutsMan I actually don't know this guy's pattern so it went pretty poorly. We won though and that's what counts."

mvg1kFe.png

Not skill, I'll say that much.

N2t2dCz.png

Tne8l9p.png

fCwq8ie.png

ANMNbJQ.png

Terrorists in the Battle Network universe don't commit random acts to spread fear in the populace, they work towards specific and tangible goals, as a properly managed team ought to do.

w5VEhQa.pngTmEK3uA.png

Why is it there? No idea, I don't even know what it is. I just know it does final boss things eventually.

QOYKaJU.png

He's got some self awareness, at least.

Y4MzlfM.png

When has this guy ever not been great?

2uLRjv7.png

That he will. Match is in 5 out of 6 Battle Network games. I was mad when I found out he wasn't going to be in Chrono X and I still think he should have been in BN5.

jEZkrag.png4qMgFQ0.pngr8MZtA8.png

I'd assume he was lying too.

AlbofSS.png

Mother is happy. We have done a good.

dboauvc.png

f5ancfY.png

You, know, that's a weird use of commas.

wKtO3SO.png

NHSSruu.png

Like, why did Mr. Match leave FireMan in the oven? He had what he came for, why not just leave quietly? Is the oven connected to the control panel? How was Mr. Match hoping to retrieve FireMan? He left FireMan in the house, he left the house and was going to burn it down, he called us just to let us know that he was working on an evil plot but he wasn't around to jack his navi out or anything. What gives, Match?

29nw71K.png

Mega Man realizing we have several hours of game left.

QEddur5.png

Cyka nyet, komrad. Not if we can help it!

You're useless without battle chips.

U4tKqZA.pngNsr0ZUW.png

Md5zYqf.png

Pretty much, yeah. We'll just sort of stumble around and happen to be there whenever the next scenario happens, as if guided by fate.

6hfClKy.png

I demand tendies!

QYsSxMl.png

I4uChGy.png

That pun sucks. I don't like it.

gcJ4gVb.png

...oh.

rrwYnhG.png

No tendies, then.

3EgK8dh.png0MQciGr.png

I think I'll just go ahead and rest now.

Av2m0LV.png

MegaMan agrees. To bed!

aEruJeS.png

This is the general structure of Battle Network games. Each scenario takes place over the course of one day- you start at Lan's house, get into some trouble, and once the issue is resolved you can screw around and grind for chips to your heart's content. When you're ready to move on to the next chapter, you go to bed and sleepskip to it.

4X4nUDl.png

I do love to save my game.

RBdcSWY.png99oMgV1.png

Goodbye, inferior file which hadn't made as much progress.

6ToBb5j.png

Where does Lan put his PeT when he sleeps?

6WmNhXt.png

You don't always wake up the next day and have a scenario, but sometimes you do.

GLZ56wV.png

Hm?

FOzW5fW.png

Intrigue?

4jL5QCC.png

Could it be...?

3hWUaGu.png

It.

Doth.

Be.

vP7PIbK.png

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

c8iisOf.png

Now they're too-

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

They're too hot.

Dangit. You stole my comment!

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

t5qnCa3.png

Is there not literally a character named Fire man? And also a Hydro Man....

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

UwUv6iN.png

I did not mean to get so many pictures with people's eyes closed. It just happened that way.

The staple of any LP.

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

y9aKwCe.png

Aww, he's pretty cute!

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

lBRICsEgWENdALE-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14763

NO NOT THAT DEEP!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

k8OOAIQ.png

Wait, but the whole point of an oven is to be hot, isn't it?

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

KENVw93.png

OH NOES!

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

AUwahet.png

MfAjsTz.png

Oh dear...

14 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh yeah?

U1xMVLZ.png

We'll see about that!

m3ja0MC.png

...his story checks out.

HE'S SMARTER THAN 90% OF FE VILLAINS SEND HELP

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

5lIajAM.png

Save this poor child!

19 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Unlike GutsMan I actually don't know this guy's pattern so it went pretty poorly. We won though and that's what counts."

Not gonna lie, I love the frozen movement frames when you change chips.

21 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I4uChGy.png

ahahHAHAHhahahHAHHHHHHH

22 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

vP7PIbK.png

*Gasp*

I recognize that hair...

. . . *grin*

51 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

vpQmUmX.png

Oh yeah?

U1xMVLZ.png

We'll see about that!

m3ja0MC.png

...his story checks out.

Pretty fireproof, this story.

51 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

lPZD2oM.png

We are going to put out an electrical fire with a supersoaker.

How we see the aftermath.

53 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

EGdXNmS.png

I imagine with that face he's being completely sarcastic.

56 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

3hWUaGu.png

It.

Doth.

Be.

It's him.

The guy who lost to Seteth.

Now I'm sure there's more, but we'll see.