The Best Video Game Ship Competition - Sigurd x Deirdre are Mr. and Mrs. Serenes!

twilit

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The tied noms will go into a three-way vote with one of the Round 1 winners, like in the best girl and boy comps.

Thanks. 

Is this an overreaction to how much the Fire Emblem pairings dominated the first set? We already had the second set for that! How are Byleth x Edelgard or Byleth x Marianne losing?!

Edited by vanguard333

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Is this an overreaction to how much the Fire Emblem pairings dominated the first set? We already had the second set for that! How are Byleth x Edelgard or Byleth x Marianne losing?!

There's a fair number of Trails fans on SF, myself included. Although I gave Byleth x Marianne my support instead of Estelle x Joshua since I nominated it in the first place and since I think it's an underrated pairing.

As to why Junpei x Chidori is winning, I couldn't tell you. I know very little of Persona. I voted for them because their interactions seem pretty heartfelt and sweet from what was shared.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There's a fair number of Trails fans on SF, myself included. Although I gave Byleth x Marianne my support instead of Estelle x Joshua since I nominated it in the first place and since I think it's an underrated pairing.

As to why Junpei x Chidori is winning, I couldn't tell you. I know very little of Persona. I voted for them because their interactions seem pretty heartfelt and sweet from what was shared.

I wasn't expecting an answer. Should I indicate when I'm trying to make a rhetorical question (this question is not rhetorical)?

Okay; interesting. I honestly have never played Trails or Persona. 

Edited by vanguard333

M!Corrin and Felicia because I prefer Lysithea end up with someone that can save her, like Linhardt. 

Valter and Erika; I know nothing about them, but Ike and Soren are good friends; a romance would detract from it. 

I know nothing about the last two, because, while I have played Fates, I didn't recruit most of the 2nd gen characters. 

I chose Corrin/Felicia just because I like Felicia, I've never read their supports. 

Valter/Eirika because when I was 13 I shipped them (I ship Eirika/Seth now) but I like Ike/Soren too. 

Sagi/Millairde since I just don't really like Kiragi/Midori. 

Cast mine. ValterxEirika is giving a psychopath his delicioussssssssssss prize 🥴, so I had to go IkexSoren, even though I prefer them platonically. I just picked whoever on the first. Went for my nominated duo on the third.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

i honestly don't really feel like voting this time around, i simply dislike the pairing or don't know them at all (Sagi x Milliarde)

gonna wait and see how things go

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Despite all the doom and gloom about all the FE ships losing, I must point out that an FE ship is already guaranteed to be in the semi-finals based on the brackets we have (and interestingly enough it is also guaranteed to face off against a non-FE ship...)

Pretty cool, actually. Thank you for sharing.

Makes me wonder what other games people even play though.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Didn't expect Valter x Eirika to get that many votes actually. I wonder if the tie will be broken?

Based on the overall tone of a lot of the replies during this set, I suspect that a lot of the votes have been protest votes; they aren't voting for a ship so much as voting against the opposing ship. 

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Based on the overall tone of a lot of the replies during this set, I suspect that a lot of the votes have been protest votes; they aren't voting for a ship so much as voting against the opposing ship. 

Makes sense. I'm not really an Ike x Soren guy myself. Tbh, I don't really ship Ike with anyone since I don't see it fitting his character.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Makes me wonder what other games people even play though.

Yeah, the main reason I campaigned so hard for Chidori and Junpei is I am kinda expecting them to be more unknown than any pairing from the FE games. Persona 3 is an excellent game, but it is getting old at this point, and we are on a Fire Emblem forum. I am hoping that showing people the couple, and letting them get to know what is so great about them, will give them a fighting chance against the omnipresent FE pairings.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Makes sense. I'm not really an Ike x Soren guy myself. Tbh, I don't really ship Ike with anyone since I don't see it fitting his character.

Odd as this sounds I think Ike staying an Ace is my preferred ship for Ike, but the best ship for Soren is Ike x Soren, and the best boy of Tellius deserves his man. Besides

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK5CBet88UD9FlQMC6RRz

they make for such a cute couple.

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Makes sense. I'm not really an Ike x Soren guy myself. 

Neither am I. I've said before that I don't really ship characters; I prefer to just look at whatever the story or character dynamics are and either I enjoyed it or I didn't. I like the Ike and Elincia pairing because I really enjoyed their dynamic in the North American localization of Path of Radiance; it was possibly one of the best-written character dynamics in FE in this regard, and there was a lot of chemistry between the two of them. 

ANNETTE AND DEDUE ALL THE WAY! They make each other better people and obviously care about each other a heck ton, plus similar interests 😊

Edited by Sooks1016