The Best Video Game Ship Competition - Sigurd x Deirdre are Mr. and Mrs. Serenes!

twilit

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hehehe...hehehe...

Cruel. 

Well, at least a tie means that both move forward; the joke ship can keep going a little longer, and those who like the well-written Ike and Elincia dynamic in the NA localization of Path of Radiance can see it keep going in the tournament. 

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Cruel. 

Well, at least a tie means that both move forward; the joke ship can keep going a little longer, and those who like the well-written Ike and Elincia dynamic in the NA localization of Path of Radiance can see it keep going in the tournament. 

Speaking honestly, I'm not particularly opposed to Ike x Elincia as a pairing, and I probably wouldn't even have voted under normal circumstances or if the Selfcest thing would win through my vote. I just did it for a laugh, nothing serious.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking honestly, I'm not particularly opposed to Ike x Elincia as a pairing, and I probably wouldn't even have voted under normal circumstances or if the Selfcest thing would win through my vote. I just did it for a laugh, nothing serious.

I figured that that was the case; I wasn't being serious when I said "cruel". 

You know, I feel like posting the Ike x Elincia children I created some time ago to add to this ship train. @vanguard333 , you might even like them!

Spoiler

ddqzx55-c8410bcd-facf-4903-ab35-b72a7412

ddyep0z-2897cc32-0adb-4219-a44d-a6a502cd

Yeah, these two inherited a variety of characteristics from their parents. I like it that way. 😛

If you ask me, Male Corrin and Felicia are one of the sweetest, most canon pairings in the entire game. Her deep loyalty to him and his willingness to care for her show themselves in all three routes.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know, I feel like posting the Ike x Elincia children I created some time ago to add to this ship train. @vanguard333 , you might even like them!

Hide contents

ddqzx55-c8410bcd-facf-4903-ab35-b72a7412

ddyep0z-2897cc32-0adb-4219-a44d-a6a502cd

Yeah, these two inherited a variety of characteristics from their parents. I like it that way. 😛

Those are some good designs; did you draw these yourself? If so, impressive. 

I'm getting Deja Vu as I type this for some reason, but part of me thinks, "...But Ike got his mother's blue hair while Mist got their dad's brown hair, so why does the boy have Ike's hair and the girl have Elincia's hair?" Just to be clear, that's not a criticism of these designs; it's just a small detail I keep thinking of for some reason. Probably my autism. 

24 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

If you ask me, Male Corrin and Felicia are one of the sweetest, most canon pairings in the entire game. Her deep loyalty to him and his willingness to care for her show themselves in all three routes.

Truly, this is a woman of culture. M!Corrin x Felicia really is one of the bright spots in Fates’s mess of supports.

Edited by twilitfalchion

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Those are some good designs; did you draw these yourself? If so, impressive. 

I'm getting Deja Vu as I type this for some reason, but part of me thinks, "...But Ike got his mother's blue hair while Mist got their dad's brown hair, so why does the boy have Ike's hair and the girl have Elincia's hair?" Just to be clear, that's not a criticism of these designs; it's just a small detail I keep thinking of for some reason. Probably my autism. 

Yup, I'm a designer by nature. Studying to get a graphics communications degree.

And genetics can work in funny ways. Especially in FE, it seems. You have especially odd cases like the Whitewing sisters who share basically no features... 

Link and Zelda for the win!

Ike and Elincia for the win!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yup, I'm a designer by nature. Studying to get a graphics communications degree.

And genetics can work in funny ways. Especially in FE, it seems. You have especially odd cases like the Whitewing sisters who share basically no features... 

Cool. 

I don't need to be told that genetics can work in funny ways; I can relate to the Whitewing sisters in being one of three siblings that look absolutely nothing alike. I've been told some variation of "You look nothing alike" more times than I can remember off the top of my head; perhaps the weirdest case was the time a haircutter once asked my mom if my siblings and I have different fathers (we don't). 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Link and Zelda for the win!

Ike and Elincia for the win!

Cool. 

I don't need to be told that genetics can work in funny ways; I can relate to the Whitewing sisters in being one of three siblings that look absolutely nothing alike. I've been told some variation of "You look nothing alike" more times than I can remember off the top of my head; perhaps the weirdest case was the time a haircutter once asked my mom if my siblings and I have different fathers (we don't). 

Oh hey, I just about universally ship Link and Zelda too!

Huh, wow...

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh hey, I just about universally ship Link and Zelda too!

Huh, wow...

Cool. Well, Nintendo has been giving Link and Zelda's relationship an overtly romantic tone in recent games (Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild) and even Ocarina of Time was originally planned to have a small amount of dating-sim-like content involving Link picking a girl (that's why there's so many girls in Ocarina of Time that develop close relationships with Link: Saria, Malon, Ruto, Zelda, etc.) but that was scrapped when the time travel plot made it impossible.

I just really like their dynamic in Spirit Tracks in particular because it is very well-developed over the course of the game and it's extremely adorable. 

Yeah; wow... 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Cool. Well, Nintendo has been giving Link and Zelda's relationship an overtly romantic tone in recent games (Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild) and even Ocarina of Time was originally planned to have a small amount of dating-sim-like content involving Link picking a girl (that's why there's so many girls in Ocarina of Time that develop close relationships with Link: Saria, Malon, Ruto, Zelda, etc.) but that was scrapped when the time travel plot made it impossible.

I just really like their dynamic in Spirit Tracks in particular because it is very well-developed over the course of the game and it's extremely adorable. 

Yeah; wow... 

Their relationships in TMC and Skyward Sword are my fav. Childhood friends!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Their relationships in TMC and Skyward Sword are my fav. Childhood friends!

Those ones are definitely good as well, though I actually have yet to play Minish Cap. I know, and I call myself a Zelda fan...

Edited by vanguard333

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Those ones are definitely good as well, though I actually have yet to play Minish Cap. I know, and I call myself a Zelda fan...

Well, I highly recommend it! It's on the easy and short side, I admit, but it's still a very fun game that has a neat story, good gameplay, and beautifully bright and colorful sprite graphics.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's on the easy and short side, I admit, but it's still a very fun game that has a neat story, good gameplay, and beautifully bright and colorful sprite graphics.

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I personally almost died from Minish Cap, but I heartily agree that it is a fun game and is worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, what do you mean here, exactly?

I for some reason found it really hard-I don't know why, but it's easily the Zelda game I've died in the most. (The water temple in particular had me stumped.) I really enjoyed it, I just had to see "game over" a whole lot!

Well, not counting the Master mode Trials of the sword in BOTW.

Edited by Benice