Have you tried pet food? Has your pet tried human food?

XRay

What the title says! I tried dog and cat kibbles before, and they do not taste very good. Wet cat food does not taste great either, and I think cat food in general just tastes funky. Some wet dog food taste pretty decent though, especially the ones made in the style of human food, like stews and chunky soups, but some wet dog food taste just as bad as wet cat food.

My cat likes meat, which is not a huge surprise, but she also likes gravy and sauces a lot. I let her lick the left over sauces and juices in my bowl/plate sometimes. She is not interested in vegetables and most other human foods though.

Yes to both, I once tried those dry little dog "crisps", the ones they usually give to dogs in movies and stuff, but it didn't have any kind of impression. It smells nice, but it didn't have any taste to it. Although, I like my food really spicy, so maybe that's why I felt it to be bland.
I sometimes have a feeling that I want to try those canned dog food, the one with the meat-sticks and jelly-like stuff, simply because it smells nice and doesn't look that bad, but I never had the courage to actually do so.

My dog eats a lot of "human food". He is not fond of vegetables or fruit, but he like soups and meat.

i've actually never tried pet food yet

i own a dog, while my granparents own a cat, and i admit i've wanted to try their food out (mostly wet food for the cat, and kibbles for the dog) for quite a long time
now that i think about it, though, i tried eating a cereal-based dog treat some months ago, and it... didn't really taste like anything in particular, it was like a completely neutral biscuit, not bad, but not good either

as far as i know, here in italy it's not uncommon (especially for the elderly) to give cats and dogs their leftovers, especially simple food such as pasta or meat

My pets certainly tried human food. They try really hard to look at me with adorable eyes in the hopes I give them some of my food. They also try hard to snatch some food when I'm not looking. Sometimes they also get table scraps mixed into their pet food. 

I technically never ate pet food, but once I accidentally ordered Aspic which looks exactly like the disgusting stuff I feed my cat. It wasn't a very pleasant meal. 

Vlees in aspic — Stockfoto © Rawlik #9112138

I actually HAVE tried pet food. Cat food specifically. When I was a little kid, around 5 or 6 I was super hungry and got the bright idea to eat off of the cat's bowl. So i got a little piece of that dry cat food from my cousin's cat's bowl and ate it. From what i can remember, I kept complaining about it being very spicy.Although at that age, even the mildest of spices i considered spicy. As for taste and texture, i actually can't remember. I'm assuming it's just very dry.

As for my pet eating human food, that's a yes as well. Sometimes I give my brother's cat some sweet bread as a treat. Mainly conchas and donuts. There was also that time his cat stole the patty from a chicken biscuit i brought home from school.

Edited by JAZ_2002

I've never tried pet food, but my dog gets human food all the time. Peanut butter, pumpkin puree, white rice, all mixed in with kibble of course. He also licks almost every plate and bowl that my family eats from, so long as there's no dairy in it, since it makes him sick. He likes apples, broccoli, and some other fruits and vegetables as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

I ate dog food once. When I was a baby. And made a face and never got into it again. According to my mom.

My cat only likes ham lunch meat, he doesn't like turkey or chicken, I gave him scrambled eggs once and he spit them out and ate his kibble.

2 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

What are y'all doing eating pet food? Cut it out.

Some of them legit taste good though. They are not going to taste like something cooked by Gordon Ramsey, but it is definitely good enough that people will mistaken it for home cooking. I think my favorite brand is Beneful, although I think I have only tried just one or two of their options, but look at their site though! You see those beautiful food pictures? That is basically what I saw when I opened a carton of Beneful wet dog food.

I have not tried dog or cat food. Dry pet food smells bad.

My pets love human food though. My cats stole some of my bread yesterday.

I love animals, but sadly not every one agrees. The Internet sure can be a dark place sometimes.

I still remember hearing about that one video about burning a cat alive. Mades me sick just thinking about it.

Edited by Peter The Cool

I, thankfully, have never had dog food. It looks gross tbh.

My dogs, though. They've had a bunch of human food. Sometimes my grandma sprinkles in some shredded cheese when she feeds them. I tend to call Pepe in to eat things I've accidentally dropped on the ground like noodles. Pepe also likes watermelon and cabbage. And there was an infamous incident where I microwaved some chicken nuggets, put them on a table, and didn't notice that the chair wasn't far away enough from the table when I went to do something and when I came back I noticed that my nuggets vanished into thin air.

Thanks, Pepe

On 8/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, Dragoncat said:

He also sniffs poop, so this is like classic Xray.

I should have been born a dog. I would cuddle with my human parent every night, raid the toilet for a quick snack and drink just before dawn, and then lick my human parent's mouth to wake them up so they would get to work on time.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:38 PM, Peter The Cool said:

I still remember hearing about that one video about burning a cat alive. Mades me sick just thinking about it.

I hope karma is a thing in the afterlife, cause those humans are horrible.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, XRay said:

I should have been born a dog. I would cuddle with my human parent every night, raid the toilet for a quick snack and drink just before dawn, and then lick my human parent's mouth to wake them up so they would get to work on time.

I hope karma is a thing in the afterlife, cause those humans are horrible.

I love to cuddle with my dog.

I don't even know why I bought that up. I guess I am thinking about life and death. Tomorrow is going hell for me though, as I have to put one of my cats in the ground. One of my cats died today, from feline leukemia.

Edited by Peter The Cool

On 9/2/2020 at 9:18 PM, Peter The Cool said:

Tomorrow is going hell for me though, as I have to put one of my cats in the ground. She died today, from feline leukemia :(

Damn, that sucks. Hugs and being in company with your loved ones might help. I kept my kitty very close for a while when a friend died, and my friends and I attended the funeral and visited the cemetery a few times last year. Having some kind of ritual and/or repeated event may help bring closure, but it is a very slow process. I still get a sinking feeling every time I think about him or get reminded of him when I hear Memories on the radio, and I sometimes still get tears.