Looking for some help, advice, and information in regards to some of the game mechanics and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arevir Wehttam

4 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

- Is the Forge/Smithy practical in offline play? It seems like you need a lot of materials and duplicate weapons to make proper use of it, which based on my limited experience so far seems very impractical. 

Its more difficult to get the resources for it but you can still build them up, and it is useful. You have one source of minerals already available, but you can get the others from random My Castle chats, from the Lottery house, or traded 5 to 1 at the smithy. Once you have some of a resource you can use the Arena to bet one on a battle to start building the stock up as well. As for how it works: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/smithy/ should cover it, but the gist of it is you combine two identical weapons to get a strengthened version, with the mineral cost being the level the weapon will become in that resource. So forge two bronze daggers into a bronze dagger +1, do that again for a second, and you can forge both bronze dagger +1s into a bronze dagger +2, etc.

2 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

- The Prison. I’m probably going to end up using Niles, so I’ll have access to the Capture command. Just wondering how useful the Capture command is as a whole, and if it’s something I should be actively trying to do. On the subject of Niles, just wondering how good he is as actual combat unit.. or is he just more worth using for his utility?

It can be useful if you want it to be, but its easy to get through the game without it. The units you capture only get class growths, so their bases, skills, weapon ranks, and being literally expendable tend to be their selling point if you want to deploy one. Now it usually takes some time to recruit the units you captured, unless you have a lot of food/minerals stored up to bribe them. Conquest in particular has some good skill combinations that can make for some great capturable units, like rally man a famous capturable unit in chapter 23 who has multiple good rally skills on him (he is better on Lunatic, but even in hard both strength and defense rally are a nice combination), or for instance grabbing a pass Falconknight from chapter 24 to make endgame easier to deal with. I will also note that there are some named bosses that can be captured as well, specifically Haitaka from chapter 9 (who is fairly good, especially if you save some optional maps to help recruit him in time for chapter 10), Kumagera from chapter 14, Lloyd and Llewelyn from Kana's paralogue [2], Nichol from Sophie's paralogue [5], Candace from Midori's paralogue [6], Gazak from Forrest's paralogue [16], Senno from Ophelia's paralogue [20], and Zhara from Soleil's paralogue [21]. Also grabbing a generic healer before chapter 12 might save you some frustration.

I've found Niles works all right, he has excellent speed that lets him double even the faster enemies, and his lackluster strength is helped out by him using bow, the physical weapons with the highest inherent might, plus they not only get effective damage on flier, but weapon triangle on hidden weapons (and eventually he gets Shuriken Breaker if he sticks to the Bow Knight class). His utility is excellent as well, as he not only opens lock, but gets the +1 move skill at level 10, and can promote into a mounted class (and always gives his partner +1 move when he pairs with them in his base class).

- Accessory Building. What goes on here? Can I alter MU with what I had access too in character creation?

It has cosmetic items you can apply to any unit that generally costs a lot of minerals/food, and have effects in online battles. Of particular note is that the highest level of Accessory shop give you access to accessories that can determine which character is manning which location, so you can use that to influence what discount you will receive in the shops, who will be doing the cooking, who will fight in the arena, etc.

- For the rest of the buildings... are they mainly utilized in online?

Private quarters can be used to build up Corrin's supports

Arena lets you bet a food or mineral on a battle, to potentially win more. Your units get no experience, and have no chance of death while using it.

Lottery shop either gets some random items based on the prize ball: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/lottery-shop/

Einherjar shop can be used to buy generic units for your army (I think, as I have never actually used it).

Maxing out the Hot springs lets you recruit one character, and maxing out a fire orb lets you recruit another.

I think the rest have either been mentioned in your thread, or are just for the online mode, and the invasion maps.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It can be useful if you want it to be, but its easy to get through the game without it. The units you capture only get class growths, so their bases, skills, weapon ranks, and being literally expendable tend to be their selling point if you want to deploy one. Now it usually takes some time to recruit the units you captured, unless you have a lot of food/minerals stored up to bribe them. Conquest in particular has some good skill combinations that can make for some great capturable units, like rally man a famous capturable unit in chapter 23 who has multiple good rally skills on him (he is better on Lunatic, but even in hard both strength and defense rally are a nice combination), or for instance grabbing a pass Falconknight from chapter 24 to make endgame easier to deal with. I will also note that there are some named bosses that can be captured as well, specifically Haitaka from chapter 9 (who is fairly good, especially if you save some optional maps to help recruit him in time for chapter 10), Kumagera from chapter 14, Lloyd and Llewelyn from Kana's paralogue [2], Nichol from Sophie's paralogue [5], Candace from Midori's paralogue [6], Gazak from Forrest's paralogue [16], Senno from Ophelia's paralogue [20], and Zhara from Soleil's paralogue [21]. Also grabbing a generic healer before chapter 12 might save you some frustration.

Ah that sounds actually really cool. I didn’t look too far into the whole capture thing, and kind of wish I did, as I’m currently on chapter 10.. and Haitaka’s rally defense could’ve been useful, I probably could’ve recruited/persuaded him in time too, as I still have an invasion mission, and paralogue 1 that I didn’t partake in yet. I’m going to definitely keep an eye out for the “Rallyman” unit in chapter 23, as that sounds like a pretty damn good utility unit to have.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Private quarters can be used to build up Corrin's supports

Arena lets you bet a food or mineral on a battle, to potentially win more. Your units get no experience, and have no chance of death while using it.

Lottery shop either gets some random items based on the prize ball: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/lottery-shop/

Einherjar shop can be used to buy generic units for your army (I think, as I have never actually used it).

Maxing out the Hot springs lets you recruit one character, and maxing out a fire orb lets you recruit another.

I think the rest have either been mentioned in your thread, or are just for the online mode, and the invasion maps.

Thanks for the breakdown on each building. So I currently have the armory, the staff shop, and the lottery building built. I’m current able to build; the Prison, the Arena, the Smithy/Forge, the Mess Hall, and the Accessory Shop. Along with the future upgrades and future buildings I’ll have access too as I progress, is there any recommendations as to what I should prioritize?

I’m thinking maybe the Arena next, as this allows me to earn more minerals which would be useful for crafting (this is usable offline, right?). Followed by the Mess Hall which sounds like it can prove rather useful for tougher chapters with the chapter long stat boosts. Maybe the Smithy/Forge following that, as hopefully by then I’ll have more resources to start forging thanks to the arena.. But then I still have the Prison if I want to start using Capture, along with any future buildings that have potential to recruit characters.. so I want to make sure I’m not wasting DVP on stuff I don’t really need.

If you were playing offline (I don’t even know if I can access online as I’m using an emulator, I doubt it though), how would you prioritize building the My Castle?

And while I’m writing back to you, I guess I’ll bring this up as well, for anyone that would be willing to answer. I’ve been working on some pairings, and just wondering what you guys think, as I’ll take any advice I can get.

So I think I’m going to do the following:

- F.Corrin x Jakob (or Silas). After re-evaluating my gameplan for Master Ninja Corrin, and looking at what other skills could prove useful, I feel like Elbow Room would be extremely beneficial for MN, especially since I can learn it very fast by partner sealing and getting one level up with either of the above units (I made Jakob a paladin). I’ve had Corrin and Jakob side by side for just about every chapter, so there probably very close to A rank already (I’m currently still at B) so I’m leaning more towards Jakob. As for my final Master Ninja skillset looking something like; Draconic Hex, Elbow Room, Lethality, Shurikenfaire, with the last skill being either Dragon Fang or Poison Strike. Am open to other recommendations for pairings.

- Arthur x Effie. I’ve had them paired/supporting each other since I got them, and Arthur has proven to be an incredibly good pair-up for Effie, and I actually really like using Effie on top of it. Plus this pair-up seems to produce a pretty strong Percy. If I plan to use Effie long term (I think I’ll go into Great Knight for the extra move), would pairing up with someone else be advisable as opposed to Arthur?

- Odin x Elise. I don’t plan on using Odin long term, but I do really enjoy using Elise, and it seems like she actually has potential to be a strong combat unit as her magic growth is pretty crazy, and if not she will always have utility with staffs nonetheless. I’ve also checked out Ophelia, and this seems to be a great pairing for her.

- Not sure who to pair up Azura with, and not sure if I’m going to use Nyx or not. 

So with who I currently have access to, I’m pretty dead set on using; F.Corrin, Azura, Jakob, Effie, Elise, and Niles, contemplating on Nyx and Silas. With the upcoming characters I recruit, I’m interested in using; Camilia, Kaze, Beruka, maybe another royal.. I’m not sure.. I don’t want to go to royal heavy. So I don’t have everything entirily figured out yet, but I’m wondering is there like a good ballpark range of how many units I should focus on? What do you guys think of my current pairings? Any other recommendations or advice would be super helpful. 

I still haven’t had much time to really sink my teeth in and get a good play session going, but I want to plan a head a tiny bit for when the time comes so I can just work my way through without overthinking things. Just want to thank all you guys again for commenting as I believe I’ve read every single one, and all the advice and recommendations have been extremely helpful, so thanks again. 

Edited by Arevir Wehttam
Grammar/Spell-Check

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Text.

Answers, in order with your post.

Spoiler

1) Yes. Hence why my original message was “The magic weapons may be useful tool for some units: Shining Bow for Niles for example, or Levin Sword for Corrin or the Bolt Axe for Camilla.” Where in this do I argue the Bolt Axe is required? Where in this do I argue it is standard?

2) Yes of course you shouldn´t have, let´s say any Sorcerer, attempt a physical attack (considering such a thing is impossible as far as I am aware). That´s also not what I was suggesting, as for one Camilla is in a Hybrid Class – notice that the Malig Knight may use Axes and Tomes. It is one of her strengths that she is capable of using Mag oriented weaponry, regardless of her performance with physical weapons. Secondly at no point in time do I remember having said that the only other weapon Camilla should use is the Bolt Axe – there are what 5 inventory spaces?

3) See point 1) & 2) as well as the prior comments regarding the difference in stats, movement between Camilla and other units, as well as the gallery with enemies and their stats. Additionally, reread my first post answering ShadowMirs initial remark on the differences between STR/MAG (note that my Calculations are off. Camilla has +2Str at base so add that to the calculations).

4) And my point was that having a weapon that targets the weaker defensive stat may prove useful to TC, which I have adamantly portrayed as a possibility and not a certainty. Something that the both of you have wilfully ignored and proceeded to portray as if I had mentioned the Bolt Axe to be the second coming of… I don´t actually have a reference that would not be in bad taste. Once again, I ask you to point to the exact part of any of my posts where I said that TC´s CamillaTM should come with a Bolt Axe equipped, or that it may be any more than useful. I am starting to suspect it´s not about the content of the message but the semantics of the message.

And as a 5) I suggest you think again before implying someone is silly, for doing something that they haven´t – see the latter part of point 4).

As for your questions @Arevir Wehttam and what i can contribute:

In regard to buildings keep in mind that some buildings are indestructible during the invasion serving as potentially fine obstacles for the enemy. There are also different MyCastle layouts available in the Menu you can freely chose from.

There are only two characters that are unlocked via MyCastle buildings. Flora and Izana. https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/recruitment/

As for the Camilla, Kaze Beruka, they are all good units. I would certainly recommend Kaze, he is quite apt at combating Mages and with the addition of the Hunters Knife he adds every beast enemy in the game to his kill-list – including the ever elusive Kitsune of chapter 19. Additionally, he provides extra Locktouch utility, debuffs and Poison Strike and is the fastest of them all.

As for Camilla, she good.

Beruka is basically the same as Camilla (but much more Def), except she needs to grow a bit and is less magical – I think describing her as a flying brick wall would sum it up quite nicely. Consider that she has access to the Fighter line, offering foremost HP+5, and as a Berserker, Rally Str (Lv 5) and Axefaire (Lv 15) as well as Sol and Axebreaker as a Hero.

As of chapter 16 the game opens up for you to bring units – starting in said chapter with 12 and then never any less, ending in chapter 27/endgame at 15 units.

18 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Can you hear that? That´s the crying of all the Mercenaries, Archers, Fighters, Spear Fighters, Heroes, Snipers, Berserkers and Spear Masters, you just casually ignored. They make up parts of the following chapters, not differentiated by units, as follows: Chapter 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 26, (27 in parenthesis because 27 is weird), Endgame. Add them to the list you just compiled. Though I will add charging at a bow user with a flier may yield some unfortunate results. (If ignoring the 8 Mov) 

I don't hear anything, because I'm not likely to care that most of those enemy types have lower resistance than defense when the gap isn't that big, and the gap between Camilla's magic and her strength is far higher. After all, looking at the stats you posted, at max level, Camilla has 14 more strength than magic, factoring in Strength +2. I'd struggle to find a situation where having her use the Bolt Axe would get me better results (than anything else, mind you; once again, it's not like Camilla is the only unit in play). Which brings me to the part where it's ten billion percent better to just make Camilla a Wyvern Lord than to have her stay in Malig Knight.

Regarding Onis, yes, they are indeed rare. They only appear in chapter 14, 24 and Endgame. As you can see from the imgur gallery the chapter 25 MoA will hold a Naginata at the beginning of the Map, the chapter 23 MoA will hold a Wakizashi and a Silver Club, though them changing weaponry certainly depends on their survival. Oh yeah, the Wyverns are a solid fuck-up on my part. I´m not sure the Hammer existing invalidates the Bolt Axe, as both would deal quite a bit of damage, as armours have the most severe Def-Res gap. Oh no, the rare Dark Knight has an enemy phase skill – if only there was a way around that (I will mention though that I agree on the Beast Killer/Hunter Knife and only included them to get the list somewhat complete).

They're Masters of ARMS. Ergo, some of them are bound to have swords. And chapter 23 has a bunch that have multiple counter weapons as reinforcements. RE: Hammer vs Bolt Axe, I'd say the former does invalidate the latter when the strength-magic gap of the user is almost as big as the gap between defense and resistance for generals.

You mean the 1-2 range weapon, that targets the weaker defensive stat sitting at 3300 gold. Yes, why would you consider the Bolt Axe with everything that I have already mentioned.

Considering you're talking about the 1-2 range weapon that also runs off a stat that's far, far lower than Strength for most of its users, of which Camilla is no exception, and thus the one I'd have to actively go out of my way to actually find a use for... yes.

5 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

2) Yes of course you shouldn´t have, let´s say any Sorcerer, attempt a physical attack (considering such a thing is impossible as far as I am aware). That´s also not what I was suggesting, as for one Camilla is in a Hybrid Class – notice that the Malig Knight may use Axes and Tomes. It is one of her strengths that she is capable of using Mag oriented weaponry, regardless of her performance with physical weapons. Secondly at no point in time do I remember having said that the only other weapon Camilla should use is the Bolt Axe – there are what 5 inventory spaces?

A shitty hybrid class, may I add. I'm not going to pretend like Camilla being able to use tomes is a game-changer, because it ain't.

Edited by Shadow Mir

12 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

In regard to buildings keep in mind that some buildings are indestructible during the invasion serving as potentially fine obstacles for the enemy. There are also different MyCastle layouts available in the Menu you can freely chose from.

Ah.. I did not know that. I have an invasion encounter that I’ve yet to do, so this is definitely good to know for that, as well with any future invasion missions. I haven’t messed to much with My Castle, I gotta look through the menus and options, as changing the layout sounds pretty damn cool. 

As for the Camilla, Kaze Beruka, they are all good units. I would certainly recommend Kaze, he is quite apt at combating Mages and with the addition of the Hunters Knife he adds every beast enemy in the game to his kill-list – including the ever elusive Kitsune of chapter 19. Additionally, he provides extra Locktouch utility, debuffs and Poison Strike and is the fastest of them all.

Awesome! I’m glad Kaze has a lot of potential and utility, I’ve been drawn to wanting to use him since he was playable even in the earlier chapters. Also really looking forward to using Beruka, as her aesthetic looks awesome! 

Do you have any other recommendations for good units, and/or good pairings? Like I said earlier, I don’t really want to go to royal heavy, unless I feel like I’m getting stuck and I need them, with probably only using MU (obviously), Elise, and Camilia (or possibly Leo, if I feel I need another mage for some reason). 

As for Camilla, she good.

So I’ve heard.. everywhere, haha. With it being my first playthrough, and with me still getting familiar with the games mechanics.. I’m more than likely going to use her. I just don’t want a single unit to trivialize the game, so I’ll try not to focus on her too much. 

As of chapter 16 the game opens up for you to bring units – starting in said chapter with 12 and then never any less, ending in chapter 27/endgame at 15 units.

Perfect, just what I needed to know! I’ll try plan the remainder of my team and pairings based on this

-

Thanks for all the information man. Been super helpful, I really appreciate it!

16 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

F.Corrin x Jakob (or Silas). After re-evaluating my gameplan for Master Ninja Corrin, and looking at what other skills could prove useful, I feel like Elbow Room would be extremely beneficial for MN, especially since I can learn it very fast by partner sealing and getting one level up with either of the above units (I made Jakob a paladin). I’ve had Corrin and Jakob side by side for just about every chapter, so there probably very close to A rank already (I’m currently still at B) so I’m leaning more towards Jakob. As for my final Master Ninja skillset looking something like; Draconic Hex, Elbow Room, Lethality, Shurikenfaire, with the last skill being either Dragon Fang or Poison Strike. Am open to other recommendations for pairings.

Partner Seals only get you the primary class of whoever you marry - so in this case, you need to marry Silas or Xander for Cavalier access. Also, I'd keep both Dragon Fang and Poison Strike.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:
17 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Partner Seals only get you the primary class of whoever you marry - so in this case, you need to marry Silas or Xander for Cavalier access. Also, I'd keep both Dragon Fang and Poison Strike.

Ah shit, your totally right, got all mixed up when trying to plan everything out. Thanks for pointing that out for me, so I can plan around it.

As for skills, after giving it a bit more thought, I thought the same thing. Think I’m going to go with; Dragon Hex, Dragon Fang, Poison Strike, Lethality, and lastly Elbow Room (or some other skill like this that I can learn/acquire really fast). When I get Shurikenfaire, I’ll swap that it in place of Lethality.. unless I notice Lethality really proving to be useful (which I’m not going to bank on), than I’ll swap something else to make room for Shurikenfaire. We’ll see how it pans out. 

Thanks again for pointing the Partner Seal thing w/ Jakob again. Really appreciate it. 

Edited by Arevir Wehttam
grammar

Hey guys. Few quick questions about DLC. 

So I managed to get my hands on a ton of DLC.. I don’t know if it’s all of them, but there at least 20 or so (estimated) options to choose from. Now I don’t want to use DLC maps to grind actual levels or anything. However, I would be interested in possibly running a few maps to build some supports.

So I’m just wondering, does anything you do on DLC maps carry over to the main game.. namely supports? Do they grant DVP to use at My Castle? Can I earn any extra cash/useful items? Or are they just for fun? Now if I am able to use the DLC to build support and so on, is there any maps you’d recommend, as well as any recommendations just for fun maps in general to check out?

Just figured since I can’t access online, this could be a nice way to get some supports going, but at the same time.. I’m not trying to boost up my characters and damper the experience on my first play-through. Thanks in advance as always, appreciate all the help. 

Edited by Arevir Wehttam

Hey guys. Few quick questions about DLC. 

So I managed to get my hands on a ton of DLC.. I don’t know if it’s all of them, but there at least 20 or so (estimated) options to choose from. Now I don’t want to use DLC maps to grind actual levels or anything. However, I would be interested in possibly running a few maps to build some supports.

So I’m just wondering, does anything you do on DLC maps carry over to the main game.. namely supports? Do they grant DVP to use at My Castle? Or are they just for fun? Now if I am able to use the DLC to build support and so on, is there any maps you’d recommend, as well as any recommendations just for fun maps in general to check out?

Just figured since I can’t access online, this could be a nice way to get some supports going, but at the same time.. I’m not trying to boost up my characters and damper the experience on my first play-through. Thanks in advance as always, appreciate all the help. 

Yes, you can build supports on DLC maps. You don't gain experience on any of them other than Boo Camp, so if you avoid that one, you don't need to worry about overleveling. Not that it's feasible to overlevel in Fates.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yes, you can build supports on DLC maps. You don't gain experience on any of them other than Boo Camp, so if you avoid that one, you don't need to worry about overleveling. Not that it's feasible to overlevel in Fates.

Thanks a ton for the speedy reply... this is excellent news! Going to make support building with some characters much easier.

15 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Awesome! I’m glad Kaze has a lot of potential and utility, I’ve been drawn to wanting to use him since he was playable even in the earlier chapters. Also really looking forward to using Beruka, as her aesthetic looks awesome! 

Do you have any other recommendations for good units, and/or good pairings? Like I said earlier, I don’t really want to go to royal heavy, unless I feel like I’m getting stuck and I need them, with probably only using MU (obviously), Elise, and Camilia (or possibly Leo, if I feel I need another mage for some reason). 

Keep in mind that there are 3 invasions in total and the last on can get rather dangerous. Changing up your MyCastle also does not cost any ressources – as far as I am aware – other than time.

Note that Kaze may want a partner that gives him Str or even a forged weapon as he caps at 15/25 Str as a Ninja/MN and Hidden Weapons are kind of low might. And while he will laugh at everything magical, his Def is not good.

I mean when you ask me like this, the only ones I´d like to shill are Keaton/Velouria, Conquests beast units. They are by stats alone rather tanky and strong (Velouria depends on her mother though), but their weapons, the Beaststone/Beaststone+ and the Beastrune allow them to modify their stats, the former two increasing their damage output and the latter having them bulk up – however just as these weapons increase stats they also drop some other stats and are 1 range only, though outside the weapon triangle. Also built in 2x effective damage against Beast, while unfortunately being prone to them same thing. I think Camilla x Keaton is a recommended pairing to get a solid physical Velouria. Also, Keaton would make for a nice stat backpack.

Here is a helpful website to see the growths of units in almost every aspect: https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

Also, though it has been brought up before, the Average Stats Calculator: https://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

Also, should you need another Mage, while you could use Leo, you already get what may be the best Mage in Conquest – Ophelia. Not sure if Odin x Elise is the best pairing optimization wise, but Ophelia should be competent no matter what. Make sure to get the Tomes from her Paralogue, they are very useful. I assume you would promote Elise to Strategist and not Maid, which would net you yet another very Mag/Spd/Res focused mage. Not that i want to discourage you from using Leo. He´s fine.

13 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Thanks a ton for the speedy reply... this is excellent news! Going to make support building with some characters much easier.

i forgot to state this, but here are the specifics of each map:

-Ghostly Gold is for money
-Museum Melee is for weapons mostly, but you might see other stuff as drops (you'll want to be sure to bring a Locktouch unit if you do this, though)
-Vanguard Dawn gives you an item to make a male unit the Vanguard class when cleared. There's also skill scrolls for 3 of the skills it can learn as drops from the bosses.
-Beach Brawl is fanservice
-Royal Royale can get you Dread Scrolls or Ebon Wings, but it's rather hard
-Before Awakening can get you items to access the Lodestar and Great Lord classes... IF the three NPCs survive. However, as is usual for NPCs, they have the AI of a braindead ostrich, so I would say the classes aren't as good as you'd expect, given how much trouble getting them is. You also get to see a few characters from FEA, if the title wasn't enough of a giveaway.
-A Gift from Anna can give you a Sighting Lens or Witch's Mark, and you get to choose.
-Ballistician Blitz and Witches' Trial can get you the aforementioned items.
-Hidden Truths gives you insight into how a certain trio of units came to get into the world of Fates. Also, you can get an item to change into Grandmaster from the first map, and an item that will allow anyone it's used on to use Dragon Veins from the second.
-Anna on the Run can get you Anna
-Another Gift from Anna gives you Paragon and Boots
-The Heirs of Fate series... well, I can't get into specifics without some serious spoilers.

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I mean when you ask me like this, the only ones I´d like to shill are Keaton/Velouria, Conquests beast units. They are by stats alone rather tanky and strong (Velouria depends on her mother though), but their weapons, the Beaststone/Beaststone+ and the Beastrune allow them to modify their stats, the former two increasing their damage output and the latter having them bulk up – however just as these weapons increase stats they also drop some other stats and are 1 range only, though outside the weapon triangle. Also built in 2x effective damage against Beast, while unfortunately being prone to them same thing. I think Camilla x Keaton is a recommended pairing to get a solid physical Velouria. Also, Keaton would make for a nice stat backpack.

I would add that when promoted, both almost never face crit chances..

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

the only ones I´d like to shill are Keaton/Velouria, Conquests beast units.

And since he is grinding Supports, Velouria can be recruited by Chapter 15.

Velouria is not as overpowered as Ophelia, but I think that she is the most powerful of the rest of the kids, regardless of her mama. Wolf, Hero, Berserker, whatever, mighty as fuck.

If one uses Archer Mozu, Aptitude Velouria is something to behold. She has like thirty something at everything but Magic.
(And it is funny to watch mini Mozu fighting alongside her monstrous daughter. They are hilariously uneven.)

9 minutes ago, starburst said:

And since he is grinding Supports, Velouria can be recruited by Chapter 15.

Velouria is not as overpowered as Ophelia, but I think that she is the most powerful of the rest of the kids, regardless of her mama. Wolf, Hero, Berserker, whatever, mighty as fuck.

If one uses Archer Mozu, Aptitude Velouria is something to behold. She has like thirty something at everything but Magic.
(And it is funny to watch mini Mozu fighting alongside her monstrous daughter. They are hilariously uneven.)

Yeah but you KNOW how difficult it is to get away with mentioning Mozu. It also sounds like TC is past the point where raising Mozu is relatively easy (not to imply it being impossible).

Also, how´d you get the growths?

Mozu!Velouria:

Spoiler

Individual:

HP 40% / STR 45% / MAG 2,5% / SKL 45% / SPD 47,5% / LCK 40% / DEF 40% / RES 30%

As Wolfskin/Wolfssegner:

HP 60% / STR 65% / MAG 2,5% / SKL 50% / SPD 62,5% / LCK 45% / DEF 50% / RES 30%

+10% in everything for Aptitude

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would add that when promoted, both almost never face crit chances..

Courtesy of Class Bonuses and all Transforming Weapons adding +10 CritAvoit, i would presume. 

34 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Yeah but you KNOW how difficult it is to get away with mentioning Mozu. It also sounds like TC is past the point where raising Mozu is relatively easy (not to imply it being impossible).

Also, how´d you get the growths?

I meant to say that Aptitude Velouria had thirty something POINTS at everything but Magic. Like Awakening.

Yeah, I do not even know where the original poster is at. I mentioned Mozu because Aptitude Velouria is a hack and they look funny together.

But forget Mozu or the trolls will haunt you. They are noisy and do not know how to play.

56 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Courtesy of Class Bonuses and all Transforming Weapons adding +10 CritAvoit, i would presume. 

7 minutes ago, starburst said:

But forget Mozu or the trolls will haunt you. They are noisy and do not know how to play.

Them's fightin' words. I don't see Mozu as worth it when in a nutshell, she's Donnel 2.0 (and we all know how bad his reputation is). She's easier to use, but only slightly.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

i forgot to state this, but here are the specifics of each map:

-Ghostly Gold is for money
-Museum Melee is for weapons mostly, but you might see other stuff as drops (you'll want to be sure to bring a Locktouch unit if you do this, though)
-Vanguard Dawn gives you an item to make a male unit the Vanguard class when cleared. There's also skill scrolls for 3 of the skills it can learn as drops from the bosses.
-Beach Brawl is fanservice
-Royal Royale can get you Dread Scrolls or Ebon Wings, but it's rather hard
-Before Awakening can get you items to access the Lodestar and Great Lord classes... IF the three NPCs survive. However, as is usual for NPCs, they have the AI of a braindead ostrich, so I would say the classes aren't as good as you'd expect, given how much trouble getting them is. You also get to see a few characters from FEA, if the title wasn't enough of a giveaway.
-A Gift from Anna can give you a Sighting Lens or Witch's Mark, and you get to choose.
-Ballistician Blitz and Witches' Trial can get you the aforementioned items.
-Hidden Truths gives you insight into how a certain trio of units came to get into the world of Fates
-Anna on the Run can get you Anna
-Another Gift from Anna gives you Paragon and Boots
-The Heirs of Fate series... well, I can't get into specifics without some serious spoilers.

Holy hell, that’s a lot of good shit in there. I’m assuming everything can be repeatedly earned/acquired on subsequent completions outside of like boots and stuff? There is literally so much cool stuff here, the Witch class seems awesome... and that teleport skill sounds really fun. That gold DLC mission sounds rather useful as well, just so I can experiment with seals and stuff to get a better understanding of everything, although I don’t want to be overfunded my first run through and have things be easier in the process. 

I also found out, that I can acquire DVP for My Castle buildings from the DLC.. which helped immensely with my decision-making in regards to what I should be build first. But yeah.. thanks a TON for breaking all this down, and going over what I can acquire from each DLC map, this is incredibly helpful. Really looking forward to running through each path, and checking out the DLC maps, the replay value in this game seems endless. 

Holy hell, that’s a lot of good shit in there. I’m assuming everything can be repeatedly earned/acquired on subsequent completions outside of like boots and stuff? There is literally so much cool stuff here, the Witch class seems awesome... and that teleport skill sounds really fun. That gold DLC mission sounds rather useful as well, just so I can experiment with seals and stuff to get a better understanding of everything, although I don’t want to be overfunded my first run through and have things be easier in the process. 

I also found out, that I can acquire DVP for My Castle buildings from the DLC.. which helped immensely with my decision-making in regards to what I should be build first. But yeah.. thanks a TON for breaking all this down, and going over what I can acquire from each DLC map, this is incredibly helpful. Really looking forward to running through each path, and checking out the DLC maps, the replay value in this game seems endless. 

Yeah, you can get most of those multiple times (the exceptions are the items to class change into Lodestar and Great Lord, as well as the Boots and Paragon). And Anna.

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Keep in mind that there are 3 invasions in total and the last on can get rather dangerous. Changing up your MyCastle also does not cost any ressources – as far as I am aware – other than time.

Note that Kaze may want a partner that gives him Str or even a forged weapon as he caps at 15/25 Str as a Ninja/MN and Hidden Weapons are kind of low might. And while he will laugh at everything magical, his Def is not good.

I’ll keep both of these in mind, thank you!

I will keep this pairing in mind! In PoR / RD I was a huge fan of the Laguz/beast characters, so I’m sure I’ll be drawn to them here as well.

Here is a helpful website to see the growths of units in almost every aspect: https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

This is seriously just what I needed! It literally does everything... pair-up bonuses, growth rate calculations... wow! This is going to save me an immense amount of time moving forward, thanks a ton!

Not sure if Odin x Elise is the best pairing optimization wise, but Ophelia should be competent no matter what.

Are you saying this because I could do better for Ophelia’s growth rates, or because the skills that Elise pass down aren’t the best (Inspiration could be good, if I hold out until I learn it), and anything Odin passes down.. Ophelia can already learn on her own? And if I plan to use Elise long term, which I am, does Odin serve well as a good backpack unit for Elise? Based on that pairing calculator, Odin (w/ a S - rank) gives Magic +5 / Res +3, (+1 in a few other stats) so should I try to find her a better pair-up that offers like +defense (although I still don’t think defense will do much for her) or +speed or something? Am open to more recommendations. 

Edit: Just realized if I make Odin a Samurai, I can save Ophelia sometime from having to branch off in there, grab Vantage and pass that down to Ophelia. Than if I leave Odin there he can give Elise +4 speed  / +3 Luck / +2 magic for pair-bonuses instead, which may prove more useful?

-

Also, what’s the better way of going about recruiting the kids. I’ve heard you can hold off recruiting them til later on, and they’ll eventually scale up and/or come with a offspring seal based on how far you are into the game. Do they turn out better by leveling them manually / or letting them scale? Or is just different from kid to kid?

Thanks again though for all this information, especially that awesome pairing calculator! Really appreciate it.

Edited by Arevir Wehttam

13 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Are you saying this because I could do better for Ophelia’s growth rates, or because the skills that Elise pass down aren’t the best [...]?

Elise cannot attack early game, her broken aura is useless when paired-up, and Odin prefers Speed and might. He needs to be fed some kills early on, at the same time that he would need to fight alongside the one partner who cannot attack.
That being said, Elise can always bear Ophelia around Chapter 13.

Ophelia does not care much about her mother because her growths are specialised. She does hit harder with Elise or +Magic Cornflakes as her mama, but she meets her offensive thresholds even if a physical unit bore her (yet, why would you spend one on a mage!?)
She does not care much about the skills she inherits either, for hers already is the most broken skill set in the game.
Speed +5, Attack +4 and Dragon Fang are great, while Lunge and Mov +1 are basically the same on Player Phase units.

I always recruit children around Chapter 12. No grinding, no Internet, no DLC, no nothing. Therefore I only consider the early skills. Availability is infinitely more important to me.

50 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Also, what’s the better way of going about recruiting the kids. I’ve heard you can hold off recruiting them til later on, and they’ll eventually scale up and/or come with a offspring seal based on how far you are into the game. Do they turn out better by leveling them manually / or letting them scale? Or is just different from kid to kid?

IMHO, waiting for them to have an Offspring Seal is definitely NOT worth it. Especially knowing some paralogues are poorly designed for lategame (Ignatius and Shiro stand out in this regard, because they're very far away from your starting position and are almost assured to get killed before you can make it). As a result, I say getting them before chapter 18 is best.