August's Legendary Hero Is: Corrin, Child of Dusk!

daisy jane

Also, no one else is questioning why Corrin was forced into the Wind element when she clearly always had a water theme going on with the dragon form? This is actually what I hate most about this, because there are characters they could have used that make WAY more sense as Wind and colorless. Elincia and Claude most notably.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh, I honestly really want to go for Corrin and that stacked colorless slate but she’ll have to wait.

I will get Larcei in September and have no confidence in that happening without sparking being involved.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The Robins don't really have the "path duality" thing that the Corrins have. If f!Corrin is representing Nohr, instead of being a neutral Valla-themed unit, I very much expect m!Corrin to show up and represent Hoshido.

We still got fallen male Robin on a normal banner with fallen female Robin being a legendary. Same could happen with Corrin. And personally I hope so because it means another Fates banner and hopefully Mozu.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But does mean it's unlikely.

Just like it's now unlikely that we're ever getting anymore Tellius legendaries. I'm done expecting one. And after this one (since I want to finish Hrid and get more Fallen Ike merges as well), I think I'm done with these stupid legendary banners all together. I'm only going to focus on the mythic banners.

No, it doesn't. It means they haven't made them yet..
It took them three years to make Seliph, whom a lot of people assumed he'd be in a lot sooner. (and Julia came before him). 

There will be other Tellius reps. It's just not their time yet.  You can only focus on Mythic banners. but considering legendaries are also on mythic banners it's not like it really changes anything. 

If we really do get Male Corrin as a Hoshidan legendary, I wonder if he will get a dragonstone or Yato blade (or a staff, which will obviously never happen because IS hates staves). The female version of Corrin only has one version of herself that's not a dragon, and she hasn't a single alt with Yato (or red in general). It's interesting that m!Corrin has actually had better weapon type diversity despite being a dragon twice.

2 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Who was the last Fates lego again? 

If you mean the last time Fates got a Legendary Hero it was Azura back in December 2018, so about a little over a year and a half ago.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But does mean it's unlikely.

Just like it's now unlikely that we're ever getting anymore Tellius legendaries. I'm done expecting one. And after this one (since I want to finish Hrid and get more Fallen Ike merges as well), I think I'm done with these stupid legendary banners all together. I'm only going to focus on the mythic banners.

Aham... You will jump into Legendary Claude's banner in no time.

Welp, this was going to happen sooner or later so it comes as no surprise. I can't say I'm a fan of Nohrian Noble's outfit (for both Female and Male Corrin) so obviously I'm not pulling for this. 

As a unit Legendary F!Corrin has potential, her weapon is slaying+easier to activate stat boosts (and with higher BST she'll probably outperform her Fallen counterpart unless she's min-maxed in terms of her defenses) and a Bold Fighter-ish CD reduction effect. As Fjorm has proven, her base kit is kinda bleh but if one considers that the dmg reduction happens regardless of foe's range then it gets a bit more enticing (although I don't know if that's enough to consider it better than Aether's sustain and the like). 

Being colorless means she can do many things very well, being a dragon means she's dead weight on Anima seasons in AR. You win some, you lose some. 

For the rest of the banner:

Red is a mixed bag leaning towards good. Fallen Ike is superb as a unit and his fodder is great for speedy units, Hrid is strong as long as he doesn't face a NFU unit and DC is always welcome, I want L!Eirika because best girl but as a unit she's very niche but can do a number to Def stacking foes if you give her enough Solo skills (sadly she's kinda walled by any follow-up prevention skills so eh). 

Blue leans towards bad. Nils is eh, Naga doesn't offer much unless you're set on using double Naga for AR (bad idea considering Thrasir, but you can make it work with a supertank I guess). L!Julia is the saving grace still being as powerful as ever in terms of nuking. 

Green is bad. None of those units are very relevant nowadays (I have a +Def Rinkah and she's ultra niche, although destroying L!Chrom with her sheer Def is a fun sight) and their fodder is nothing super necessary. I guess more DC from L!Hector is something. 

Colorless wins by a landslide. Bramimond is the best unit in there by far, Mila makes Light season in AR a cakewalk and the L!Corrin is an ok tank with Joint Drive Atk as fodder so there's value in there. 

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see any reason to think either of those are unlikely. Lots of things take a while to happen and then happen eventually.

How about the fact that Ike was the first non-OC legendary two and a half years ago?

Or the fact that Grima Robin was literally the next legendary after him also around two and a half years ago?

I've wanted legendary Elincia and legendary Robin with the Levin Sword all that time and I'm sick of waiting.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

No, it doesn't. It means they haven't made them yet..
It took them three years to make Seliph, whom a lot of people assumed he'd be in a lot sooner. (and Julia came before him). 

There will be other Tellius reps. It's just not their time yet.  You can only focus on Mythic banners. but considering legendaries are also on mythic banners it's not like it really changes anything. 

See what I wrote above. And Seliph wasn't the first Jugdral legendary. Julia and Leif both came before him.

Ike is still the only Tellius legendary after two and a half fucking years!

Oh yeah, mythic banners, you know, don't introduce a new legendary, they introduce a new mythic.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

And what’s wrong with Female Corrin? She’s cute

Never said she wasn't cute, although cute is entirely subjective to one's tastes.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, no one else is questioning why Corrin was forced into the Wind element when she clearly always had a water theme going on with the dragon form?

I definitely did question it. It seems pretty dang random. If we ever get Legendary Male Corrin, I have to wonder if he'll have a matching element, or if he'll get Water.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How about the fact that Ike was the first non-OC legendary two and a half years ago?

Or the fact that Grima Robin was literally the next legendary after him also around two and a half years ago?

I've wanted legendary Elincia and legendary Robin with the Levin Sword all that time and I'm sick of waiting.

See what I wrote above. And Seliph wasn't the first Jugdral legendary. Julia and Leif both came before him.

Ike is still the only Tellius legendary after two and a half fucking years!

I know Seliph wasn't the first Judgral unit. re-read what I said. People thought he'd be first. but Julia came before HE did. that's my thing. 
yeah you want Legendary Elincia. I get it. I personally believe anyone on the Leads banner will ultimately have legendary version. but there are only six a year. and there are a LOT of options to consider, not to mention other options we might not even think of yet. 

I'm sorry that you want another Tellius unit. but i mean there are OTHER Legendaries you do like (See Hrid). and you'll want Claude who will be in by the end of the Year (or next April i'd imagine). there are other things to fill in that Tellius gap for you. 

I know your stance on Elincia but people have been telling you for ages she'd probably take a very long while to become a legendary. Corrin coming before her shouldn't be that much of a shock/surprise to you. 

though i will say. Corrin being wind is random.  does she have any wind affinity at all?

Edited by daisy jane

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I definitely did question it. It seems pretty dang random. If we ever get Legendary Male Corrin, I have to wonder if he'll have a matching element, or if he'll get Water.

Thank you, I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Aham... You will jump into Legendary Claude's banner in no time.

And I don't think that banner is happening anytime soon either. October is likely Dimitri and then December, who knows. I don't know if they'd do TH legendaries back to back for one thing, and I'm not sure they'd do another Wind so soon either. I'm still certain Claude would be Wind.

EDIT: It's not Corrin coming before Elincia that pisses me off. It's Corrin being an element she has no business being when Elincia and Claude both make far more sense as Wind/colorless.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thank you, I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

And I don't think that banner is happening anytime soon either. October is likely Dimitri and then December, who knows. I don't know if they'd do TH legendaries back to back for one thing, and I'm not sure they'd do another Wind so soon either. I'm still certain Claude would be Wind.

EDIT: It's not Corrin coming before Elincia that pisses me off. It's Corrin being an element she has no business being when Elincia and Claude both make far more sense as Wind/colorless.

well it wasn't going to be Claude. because of CYL. 
Corrin being wind shouldn't piss you off. it doesn't matter at the end of the day. (yes even though Elincia makes more sense). 

Just now, daisy jane said:

well it wasn't going to be Claude. because of CYL. 
Corrin being wind shouldn't piss you off. it doesn't matter at the end of the day. (yes even though Elincia makes more sense). 

Yeah, that's why I was banking more on Elincia, honestly. But if it wasn't her, I'd still say Claude makes more sense than Corrin.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I know Seliph wasn't the first Judgral unit. re-read what I said. People thought he'd be first. but Julia came before HE did. that's my thing. 
yeah you want Legendary Elincia. I get it. I personally believe anyone on the Leads banner will ultimately have legendary version. but there are only six a year. and there are a LOT of options to consider, not to mention other options we might not even think of yet. 

I'm sorry that you want another Tellius unit. but i mean there are OTHER Legendaries you do like (See Hrid). and you'll want Claude who will be in by the end of the Year (or next April i'd imagine). there are other things to fill in that Tellius gap for you. 

I know your stance on Elincia but people have been telling you for ages she'd probably take a very long while to become a legendary. Corrin coming before her shouldn't be that much of a shock/surprise to you. 

though i will say. Corrin being wind is random.  does she have any wind affinity at all?

That's probably because wind season only had one pair up legendary before this banner. 

Just now, UNLEASH IT said:

That's probably because wind season only had one pair up legendary before this banner. 

yeah I know. I mean i don't really mind or care. but it's more of when you think of Corrin/Fates it's mostly Water 
Azura. Water. 
Ryoma. Water
Kanas Water breath
and now Corrin is... wind. 

just seems kinda odd. 

honestly my thing is. i don't care that it's corrin. It sucks that she's a dragon. and she's mostly an EP dragon. and while she'll be a ball of stats (because being a dragon). she's gonna be clapped so hard by Julia anyway. (I mean. really she'll be so easy to bait. , stack up res/def, let her come to you. and kapow). And Corrin does have healing capabilities so why we still don't have a Legendary Healer is beyond moi.

I have plenty of saved orbs so I will try for Legendary Corrin. Not sure what I'll pull besides colorless. I have all of Red, Blue and Green except for Nils and Fallen Ike, so I probably won't chance a pity breaker with those colors. Colorless is very attractive with potential for Mila merging, and I still don't have Brammimond.

Also I think people are looking too much into this element thing. It's not any different than the affinities in previous FEs, and there are tons of "this makes no sense" examples in those.

Edited by Jave

Colorless looks so good! Bramimond is such a strong unit, Mila is a pretty good support unit and Corrin looks to be a great Legendary Hero. She has her weakness, like every unit, but she looks to be a great enemy phase unit.

I feel, like with Edelgard, the 180 BST effect will not be fully used by her. I feel she will reach 180 with a super boon or merge. The Pair Up ability is still nice to have, but I would like those missing two Stat Boosting Legendaries.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why we still don't have a Legendary Healer is beyond moi.

This too, honestly. Another reason I want flying healer Elincia as a legendary on top of her canonically being a healer. Also, to get a really good healer at all because a lot of them suck. Maybe IS just doesn't think a legendary healer will be anything more than underwhelming compared to other legendaries, even though I'm sure they could still make a damn good one.

Edited by Anacybele

At the end of the day, the Blessing is really just to fill a slot in a list. While Corrin thematically would have made more sense as Water, I really couldn't care less which they went with for her. Better for her to be Wind anyway, they keep making the Fates Units Water, better to spread them out.

Colourless is incredible this time around with all 3 units being targets of mine. I always did find the Nohr outfit weird but I do really like conquest from a gameplay perspective. 

She doesn't seem that much different from her regular pool self except more bulky.