August's Legendary Hero Is: Corrin, Child of Dusk!

daisy jane

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Colorless looks so good! Bramimond is such a strong unit, Mila is a pretty good support unit and Corrin looks to be a great Legendary Hero. She has her weakness, like every unit, but she looks to be a great enemy phase unit.

If her base Spd is 40+, she could make a strong dual-phase dragon. 

Colorless is so stacked... I sort of want her.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Clear World said:

If her base Spd is 40+, she could make a strong dual-phase dragon. 

Colorless is so stacked... I sort of want her.

Honestly, I am extremely tempted to pull for her. I want to finish my rate at CYL and try and go for a Colourless hero. I have both other mythics unmerged at +Hp -Atk and that's something I want to change. Also after using FF. Corrin so much I have gained a newfound love for her so I am really excited.

She is a slaying breath that gains +5 to all stats and gains extra cooldown. I just don't like her special at all. If they wanted damage reduction they could have given it to the B slot that has the same skill as the first legendary for some reason. If I don't get her it doesn't really matter however, as I don't have any B slot fodder (Lul Atk/Spd or Null follow up). About the element it might not make as much sense as water however, wind easily has the weakest roster with only Eliwood. Not that Corrin herself is that crazy with her special. Are there any ways to spam it consistently? 

Edited by SuperNova125

This banner is perfect food for bringing back all the Corrin memes.

I don't want to go into this month's legendary hero choice, but from the gameplay aspect I have zero interest in her, unlike in the other two, at least Bramimond.

Red has distant counter and Ike's A skill which would be cool to have too.

well i am glad its colorless because i was gonna hard on colorless anyway.

F Corring though is not my first choice of pick for most loved Fates Lord.

What i wish IS would finally do with all those Corrin/Robin etc M and F version is that, they start using their resplendant outfit changing mechanic! (with no stat increased). That way you can switch between which gender version you allways want.
Obviously it would cost them more to make such a hero, because 2x Art, 2x Sprites and 2x Voiceacting. But it would save a char slot and it would definitly then also encourage people to summon on this char if they are the fan of the other gender.

I was honestly hoping/expecting the wind legendary to be Caeda because WIND sword and FEATHER sword but I guess maybe she's not important enough (though I'd argue against that).

Nice for IS to release a pretty meh choice for legendary after CYL though! Now I can save more orbs. 

38 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

She is a slaying breath that gains +5 to all stats and gains extra cooldown. I just don't like her special at all. If they wanted damage reduction they could have given it to the B slot that has the same skill as the first legendary for some reason. If I don't get her it doesn't really matter however, as I don't have any B slot fodder (Lul Atk/Spd or Null follow up). About the element it might not make as much sense as water however, wind easily has the weakest roster with only Eliwood. Not that Corrin herself is that crazy with her special. Are there any ways to spam it consistently? 

I’m confused. What about her kit makes the special lackluster or not spammable?

It’s 30% mitigation on activation, and effectively Draconic Aura for her next attack. It’s on a 2-charge cooldown after her weapon’s Accelerates Special Trigger effect. So, if she meets the special charge acceleration condition on her weapon, it activates on her opponent’s attack, and then she full-charges it on her own attack unless the enemy has Guard (or similar).

Edited by LordFrigid

Red: Decent Fodder in Solo and DC, with F!Ike being a good pickup. 

Green: Dud

Blue: Okay fodder if you’re needing Julia merges. Dud otherwise. Personally not worth it.

Colourless: Jackpot, Mila and Brami are great even as one offs. Joint drive is good value.

L!Corrin: Dud. Ball of stats like her fallen version. Better since she can use drive supports unlike her fallen counterpart. Worse in every other way since she’s still a legendary so she has limited availabilty in AR and Arena is filled to the brim with anti dragon stuff as well. Luckily she’s wind for that since wind is the least competitive. She also does not look all that threatening to face in Arena luckily. 

Conclusion: A face in the crowd, plenty counterplay, not outstanding in any way.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s 30% mitigation on activation, and effectively Draconic Aura for her next attack. It’s on a 2-charge cooldown after her weapon’s Accelerates Special Trigger effect. So, if she meets the stat boost and special charge acceleration condition, it activates on her opponent’s attack, and then she full-charges it on her own attack unless the enemy has Guard (or similar).

Her kit is basicly Fjorm 2.0 but with a dualphase twist on it. Thats not bad per-se, infact i think it fits very well. I just wish they would have released Shileld Pulse 4 with her kit, which negates or reduces AoE damage when special is ready or so, would have made it more exciting!

Not that impressed with this banner, aside from Nils appearing. I need a better copy of him and Naga merges wouldn't hurt. But, I'm not going all-in. A max of 20 orbs is it for me on this. I'm still smarting from Dimitri, but at least he's +4 now.

Also, why the f is Corrin Wind and not Water? Nothing about Corrin is "Wind" when she shoots fricking blasts of water everywhere. So glad this banner is a relative skip for me.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Not that impressed with this banner, aside from Nils appearing. I need a better copy of him and Naga merges wouldn't hurt. But, I'm not going all-in. A max of 20 orbs is it for me on this. I'm still smarting from Dimitri, but at least he's +4 now.

Also, why the f is Corrin Wind and not Water? Nothing about Corrin is "Wind" when she shoots fricking blasts of water everywhere. So glad this banner is a relative skip for me.

I think we can all agree that the elemental system can be thrown out the window and was thrown out the window a long time ago. The System is there for scoring and nothing else. I mean otherwise Mila should have been an Astra/Anima Mythic (the opposite from Duma lore wise) etc etc.

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s 30% mitigation on activation, and effectively Draconic Aura for her next attack. It’s on a 2-charge cooldown after her weapon’s Accelerates Special Trigger effect. So, if she meets the stat boost and special charge acceleration condition, it activates on her opponent’s attack, and then she full-charges it on her own attack unless the enemy has Guard (or similar).

I was too quick to judge perhaps. When looking at her kit it does seem pretty spamable. Shield pulse activates it at turn 1 and if foe initiates combat she reduces the damage, the next attack is powered up and charges the special again (unless guard is a thing and she will need 2 attacks).

Still might prefer Aether (4 cooldown and triggers easily) or a healing special as I like self sustainability a lot . Regardless L.Corrin as a dragon is something I really like and want to invest (definitely will give her Time's pulse or Nul follow up in the future if/when I get her).

Water element F!corrin was pretty much THE shoe in prediction for legendaries following Ike (who's earth element was also an apt reference). And the expectation only sort of dropped after Ryoma ("oh, I guess xander's next?"). So I dont blame people for being blindsided by something like this. Hell maybe she has been ready since 2018 but they had only then just started listening to feedback concerning alts given to the same eight characters. Then years later intern kun is cleaning a particular harddrive and asks "what's THIS one?"

This is fine.

I'm always pleased to see canon being ignored, as it is unnecessarily limiting on design space. The alternative is having a lop-sided line-up like the melee colour balance, or have popular characters not be added to the game because their category is already saturated. In that context, ignoring canon is surely the clear best path forward.

As for the banner itself, I was comfortable ahead of time knowing that none of the colours were worth sinking any real amount of orbs into. Any evaluation of the worth of each colour is purely theoretical, I only have enough orbs for one full round anyway, and might just do a full round regardless of what colours it gives me. Nonetheless it's pretty clear-cut that it's grey > red > green > blue for me, with only grey rising above being mediocre.

F!Corrin huh? ... Okay. I do like how her outfit kind of reminds me of the maid/butler outfits with that brooch there, but other than that, I don't like it too much. Also, she's a dragon again. I mean, sure, I love dragons, but doesn't she not have a sword alt yet? And she's colorless...again. Also, we already have F!Robin for Robin's legendary. Bit sad we didn't get M!Corrin to balance things out a bit. Plus, he could use a colorless breath alt. I'm also confused by her element being wind. You'd think Corrin would be water.

In addition, this is a very dragon banner. Corrin, Nils, Naga, Mila, and sometimes Bramimond.

Hmm blue has Nils, Naga, and Julia. I could use another Nils to merge with the one I have, and I still need Naga. Don't care about Julia, though.

Colorless has Corrin (who has great fodder), Mila (who I don't have yet), and Bramimond (who I think I maybe have a copy of but I wouldn't mind getting more of him.)

Green has Hector (who I don't have yet and need for my Hector collection), Gunnthra (sure why not), and Rinkah (who I don't have yet.)

Red has Hrid (I wouldn't mind getting more of him), Eirika (eh.), and FALLEN IKE. Yeah, at first I thought that was L!Ike, but yeah, I wouldn't mind getting more copies of him!

All in all, I'm pretty middle ground leaning positive toward this banner. Everything's kind of spread out, though; no clear color to snipe. Hmmm priorities are probably Colorless first, then Red, then Blue,  and then Green. Colorless because I'd be okay with any of them, but really would like a Corrin to fodder. (I want that DC on my Ashnard. That said, I tend to keep one of each unit, so I might wind up not foddering her, so...)

Anyway, I'll probably free pull and quit. Much as I like most of the guys here, I want to save my orbs for seasonals.

A thing I enjoy doing with Legendary/Mythic trailers is calculate and speculate their stats based on the footage they show. Azura when paired up grants +1 to Atk/Def/Res and +2 to Spd. I ended up calculating. 41 Hp (we know about it), 38 Atk, at least 36 base Spd and 29 Res. I believe she will follow the trend of Dragon Corrins having 5 extra BST so instead of 176 like Dimitri she might have 181. With that in mind I say she will end up with 41 Hp, 38 Atk, 42 Spd, 31 Def, 29 Res. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I think we can all agree that the elemental system can be thrown out the window and was thrown out the window a long time ago. The System is there for scoring and nothing else. I mean otherwise Mila should have been an Astra/Anima Mythic (the opposite from Duma lore wise) etc etc.

Actually, lore-wise, Duma and Mila have always been opposed to one another, not really opposites. It makes sense for them not to be on the same axis, thinking about it that way. In Light/Dark seasons, for example, they would be essentially "working together" if you had Duma (if he was Dark) guarding your keep and Mila sent out to destroy other keeps. Having them on different axis keeps them separate, and aren't actively helping one another by advancing your score at the same time.

Not to say that this Legendary Heroes banner is underwhelming, but Corrin came at a real bad time. These CYL units are among the best units in the game and people certainly wanted them (though I'm still not sure why that George guy or whatever his name was scored high enough to be a Hero Battle unit), and Corrin from my understanding is not one of the best received FE characters. Not to mention we'll be getting the CYL2 refines soon, and they're gonna be refines to look out for. People might wanna save their orbs for the CYL2 revival banner if they turn out to be amazing.

Although, how to put this lightly... Corrin makes Fjorm completely and utterly useless. Pretty much the same role of tanking damage from any range and returning favor with strong retaliation attacks, but Corrin taking Distant Counter instead of a Bond means her weapon doesn't have to have watered down effects just to carry Distant Counter, and yes that is considering that DC weapons these days are allowed to have powerful effects. Admit it, if she had a DC weapon there would not have been enough room for Slaying effect AND that Spectrum boost (which simulates the Bond that Fjorm had).  Negating Breath is just Ice Mirror but better because it works at ALL ranges and doesn't rely on the absorbed damage for a damage boost. Hell, Corrin even has the direct upgrade of Drive Atk. The only way she could have made Fjorm even worse is if she also had a Shield Pulse 4 somehow.
The only true problem is that Corrin has a dragon weakness, but that's a hell of a better problem than her weakness being every Green melee unit and also real strong Green mages.

...hm. That Alm resplendent came at a funny time... he basically neutralizes Corrins greatest form of defense if she isn't carrying Deflect Melee... ANYWAY I'm not sure what I wanna do. CYL won't be going anywhere anytime soon at least. 

Based on what I've seen, I am now scared to admit to thinking Corrin is kinda cute

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just to point it out before someone else does, the localization removed a Smash reference. Negating Fang is Counter Surge (name of Corrin’s down B) in Japanese.

Didn't localization remove many more Smash references in translations? Even though Smash was arguably the big driving force behind not-Japan even getting any Fire Emblems at all, so should probably at least get something like the occasional "hey not to make this awkward Roy, but didn't I take your spot in Brawl that one time?"

Edited by Xenomata

I do not really want COD!F!Corrin, but I do want Mila. Bramimond is decent. I need to limit my spending though since I spent a chunk on DM!Ephraim, and I do not need Mila since I am already doing well during Light with BH!Ike, so I should probably save my Orbs and wallet for Astra.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not to say that this Legendary Heroes banner is underwhelming, but Corrin came at a real bad time. These CYL units are among the best units in the game and people certainly wanted them (though I'm still not sure why that George guy or whatever his name was scored high enough to be a Hero Battle unit), and Corrin from my understanding is not one of the best received FE characters.

Although, how to put this lightly... Corrin makes Fjorm completely and utterly useless. Pretty much the same role of tanking damage from any range and returning favor with strong retaliation attacks, but Corrin taking Distant Counter instead of a Bond means her weapon doesn't have to have watered down effects just to carry Distant Counter, and yes that is considering that DC weapons these days are allowed to have powerful effects. Admit it, if she had a DC weapon there would not have been enough room for Slaying effect AND that Spectrum boost (which simulates the Bond that Fjorm had).  Negating Breath is just Ice Mirror but better because it works at ALL ranges and doesn't rely on the absorbed damage for a damage boost. Hell, Corrin even has the direct upgrade of Drive Atk. The only way she could have made Fjorm even worse is if she also had a Shield Pulse 4 somehow.
The only true problem is that Corrin has a dragon weakness, but that's a hell of a better problem than her weakness being every Green melee unit and also real strong Green mages.

...hm. That Alm resplendent came at a funny time... he basically neutralizes Corrins greatest form of defense if she isn't carrying Deflect Melee... ANYWAY I'm not sure what I wanna do. CYL won't be going anywhere anytime soon at least. 

Based on what I've seen, I am now scared to admit to thinking Corrin is kinda cute

Didn't localization remove many more Smash references in translations? Even though Smash was arguably the big driving force behind not-Japan even getting any Fire Emblems at all, so should probably at least get something like the occasional "hey not to make this awkward Roy, but didn't I take your spot in Brawl that one time?"

Even if Fjorms DC weapon had like 2 more effects, Corrin would still be superior. Ice Mirror from Fjorm only works on ranged units and is very inconsistent with the damage output (depending on the damage soaked up), meanwhile Corrins special works against any unit to reduce the damage taken and is consistent in the damage output, because its a flat % based Damage boost based on the units Atk.

In other words: Corrin is very tanky on offense and defense against any foe, ecxept for dragon effectivness. You can only playerphase her with some form of Desperation and enough punching power behind it (or Brave weapon), but even that I am not sure of, because i have the high suspicion that she will be very fast. If you try to enemy phase her she will open up some wings of mercy shenanigans probably. And if she is fast and can run Flashing blade on the sealslot (she doesnt even need Flashign Blade if the enemy is at full health), not even QR might help. It really all boils down to her stat spread, if she is very fast she might be a strong dualphase contender Dragon against all units (ecxept Dragon effectivness)

But she is very susceptible to Pulse Smoke^^ and AoE damage

33 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not to say that this Legendary Heroes banner is underwhelming, but Corrin came at a real bad time. These CYL units are among the best units in the game and people certainly wanted them (though I'm still not sure why that George guy or whatever his name was scored high enough to be a Hero Battle unit), and Corrin from my understanding is not one of the best received FE characters. Not to mention we'll be getting the CYL2 refines soon, and they're gonna be refines to look out for. People might wanna save their orbs for the CYL2 revival banner if they turn out to be amazing.

Fjorm in water season - can tank green mages. I'm sure if you give her a stance 3 w/guard she can do it outside of water season. She isn't useless. she has other skills to make her quite amazing (even outside of what the game wanted her to be) Does Corrin have that ability? who knows, we'll see. 

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, no one else is questioning why Corrin was forced into the Wind element when she clearly always had a water theme going on with the dragon form? This is actually what I hate most about this, because there are characters they could have used that make WAY more sense as Wind and colorless. Elincia and Claude most notably.

and Levin, i mean who's more fitting for Wind element than Levin?

anyway, 0 interest in this banner, i'll just start speculating on september's mythic hero and get L!Corrin's orbs to try and reach 40 summons on the 3H alts banner

57 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Even if Fjorms DC weapon had like 2 more effects, Corrin would still be superior. Ice Mirror from Fjorm only works on ranged units and is very inconsistent with the damage output (depending on the damage soaked up), meanwhile Corrins special works against any unit to reduce the damage taken and is consistent in the damage output, because its a flat % based Damage boost based on the units Atk.

In other words: Corrin is very tanky on offense and defense against any foe, ecxept for dragon effectivness. You can only playerphase her with some form of Desperation and enough punching power behind it (or Brave weapon), but even that I am not sure of, because i have the high suspicion that she will be very fast. If you try to enemy phase her she will open up some wings of mercy shenanigans probably. And if she is fast and can run Flashing blade on the sealslot (she doesnt even need Flashign Blade if the enemy is at full health), not even QR might help. It really all boils down to her stat spread, if she is very fast she might be a strong dualphase contender Dragon against all units (ecxept Dragon effectivness)

But she is very susceptible to Pulse Smoke^^ and AoE damage

Everything you say is true, but I'd still rather have a +10 Fjorm than a +10 Corrin. Skill inheritance can help From tons and I just value the fact that she's rotting every 4 weeks in AR and Arena as a bonus. And If you have her +10, she becomes +20 in effect and that's just a week of free wins. It's the consistent value I appreciate, but yeah, stats wise etc she's inferior in most situations.

56 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Fjorm in water season - can tank green mages. I'm sure if you give her a stance 3 w/guard she can do it outside of water season. She isn't useless. she has other skills to make her quite amazing (even outside of what the game wanted her to be) Does Corrin have that ability? who knows, we'll see. 

Slightly rambly, sorry but my mind went places. Also I kept calling Negating Fang Nullifying Breath... for some reason, I don't know why.

Spoiler

Maybe not USELESS, Fjorm does have a fairly balanced statspread so she is able to fulfill whatever role the player needs out of an Infantry Lance, can always fall back on the classic DC weapon if a player can't make a choice, and she's still good as a free Traitless unit from Book 2, but as for the original role that the devs set up for her? Corrin takes over Fjorms original job almost completely, and I personally do not think that saying "other skills exist" completely fixes a character when comparing them to a newer unit.

Keep in mind that any skill you give Fjorm to make her able to tank hits even better can also be given to Corrin, and if you have the ability to give Fjorm a Stance 4 without regret, you probably already have LegCorrin (yes I know you used the example of Stance 3 and Guard, I didn't realize you meant Stance 3 AND Guard since Stance 4 just... has Guard). Even if you replaced both units A passive with... lets say Bracing Stance 3, Corrin will still have the higher offensive stats and appealing defensive special than Fjorm, and if you really need Corrin to counter at all ranges Lightning Breath + Flashing Blade SS is always an option.

And the fact remains that in this case, Fjorm has the factually worse personal skill. If you have to send out Fjorm or LegCorrin, why would you take the unit whose Ice Mirror can only block damage from ranged attacks, only boosts damage dealt by the amount of damage nullified and so isn't consistent enough to consider in damage calcs, and likely doesn't have enough Spd to double without Quick Riposte (which can be nullified) and prevent follow-ups from dangerous foes when Nullifying Breath blocks damage from all attacks, boosts damage by a consistently good amount, and probably has the Spd to double naturally if not prevent follow-ups. There's a scenario where Fjorm's freedom of A slot is appreciated, but that's mostly against a full team of Ranged units. In that case though, Fjorm has free reign of their heads since she can carry whatever A passive she wants, let's say Distant Def 4, and still be able to counter the ranged units thanks to her DC weapon. And hell, they're making stronger and stronger Rangies these days, maybe one of them will be able to make Ice Mirror outdamage Nullifying Breath.

I'll just end, assuming that both units have been tailored to the original roles they were built with, with Fjorm has the ability to counter Ranged units specifically better, but Corrin can counter against both melee and ranged, and ultimately if you have both Fjorm and Corrin in the defensive special role then Corrin has more battles where she is the superior option. And if you change their designated role then this was completely pointless because for all I know you're gonna give Fjorm a Brave Lance and LegCorrin Light Breath and two stacks of Breath of Life.

(oh hey, bonus point Corrin can carry one of the Evasion passives and gain the full benefit on more units than Fjorm)

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Corrin is very tanky on offense and defense against any foe, ecxept for dragon effectivness. You can only playerphase her with some form of Desperation and enough punching power behind it (or Brave weapon), but even that I am not sure of, because i have the high suspicion that she will be very fast. If you try to enemy phase her she will open up some wings of mercy shenanigans probably. And if she is fast and can run Flashing blade on the sealslot (she doesnt even need Flashign Blade if the enemy is at full health), not even QR might help. It really all boils down to her stat spread, if she is very fast she might be a strong dualphase contender Dragon against all units (ecxept Dragon effectivness)

It's very likely she'll have high Speed, I'll even put money on her having either a Superasset in Spd or a Superflaw but a real high Lv40 base. Every other Corrin in the game, LITERALLY every other Corrin regardless of sex, has always had either good or amazing Speed. Her problem stat might end up being Res, like almost always.
Outside of Dragon effectiveness, and even then her stats might give them some struggle if she winds up getting good Def, not a whole lot will be able to break through an invested LegCorrin... except LegJulia. Literally no dragons will ever be able to survive her without Dragon effectiveness nullification...

Edited by Xenomata

32 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Everything you say is true, but I'd still rather have a +10 Fjorm than a +10 Corrin. Skill inheritance can help From tons and I just value the fact that she's rotting every 4 weeks in AR and Arena as a bonus. And If you have her +10, she becomes +20 in effect and that's just a week of free wins. It's the consistent value I appreciate, but yeah, stats wise etc she's inferior in most situations.

Problem is that her special is pretty much Fjorm's special but also for mellee foes. That damage reduction is pretty bad. Pavise and Aegis that also stand at 3 CD and have 50%. When we have personals skills like To change Fate, Raging Storm, Black Eagle and Blue Lion Rule and the evasion skills that are inheritable it's kind of unfair for her to mirror the kit of the first legendary. It should have 50% maybe or she should have had some healing to be able to tank multiple rounds of combat. When used in AR she has to tank Bramimond, Thrasir, Lysithea, Ophelia, Brave weapons and all of them pretty much ruin her as it is. Most of the defence threats are ranged so both specials do the same job if you think about it. 

I am leaning towards Noontime or Aether with Null Follow-up or Lul Atk/Spd. 

Edited by SuperNova125