August's Legendary Hero Is: Corrin, Child of Dusk!

daisy jane

On one hand, I am glad to see a new unit with a personal defensive special and Shield Pulse 3, but on the other hand, I'm still waiting for Shield Pulse 3 to be in the 3* and 4* pool, as a seal, or even on a grail unit that I would probably never use for skill inheritance because screw the 20 summons cap. Shield Pulse is a hilariously rare, yet niche skill where three of its owners are among the handful of units who can use it well, but its three owners are two legendary, so seasonal essentially, and one gen 1 5*-only unit who does not appear in new heroes banners. It's even worse than Warding Stance 3 where you can throw it onto a DC unit or a dedicated magic tank or counter since it can be inherited by everyone unlike Shield Pulse only be inheritable by melee infantry and armor units and only wanted by like 5 units where one is only going to end up as a worse legendary F!Corrin. Damn thing should have been on Mustafa instead of Water freaking Boost.

Legendary F!Corrin as a wind legendary is weird since Corrin is a water dragon. I guess it could work with the idea of storms since it would be wind and water and storms can be quite violent. For whatever reason, F!Corrin is associated with Nohr while M!Corrin is associated with Hoshido. From the feeling I get, Birthright Corrin is portrayed as being more serene while Conquest Corrin is more passionate. So, like calm water and a turbulent storm.

One thing that I feel is often overlooked is the advantage defensive specials have over damage reduction skills is that it will work against Altina's Twin Blades which: "Disables non-Special skills that 'reduce damage by X%'." It's currently only on Altina, but in the future, there could be another or maybe even several new units with that effect. Granted, they're specials, so they need to be charged in order to work instead of passing a stat check or some other condition and only legendary F!Corrin can have it work against any foe she is fighting unlike Fjorm or anyone else where it only works against a foe they are fighting who is adjacent to them or 2 spaces from them. On a side note: I could totally see a new unit having that effect, but extended to specials and including Miracle or Miracle-like effects. Maybe even penalizing them further just because they have one of those.

Legendary and mythic banners usually are crapshoots for me and with me wanting to use the 40 summons for the Heirs of Light re-run and maybe the second one for CYL4, I think I'm only going to do one full summon of the legendary corn banner and the upcoming special heroes banner whatever that is.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Problem is that her special is pretty much Fjorm's special but also for mellee foes. That damage reduction is pretty bad. Pavise and Aegis that also stand at 3 CD and have 50%. When we have personals skills like To change Fate, Raging Storm, Black Eagle and Blue Lion Rule and the evasion skills that are inheritable it's kind of unfair for her to mirror the kit of the first legendary. It should have 50% maybe or she should have had some healing to be able to tank multiple rounds of combat. When used in AR she has to tank Bramimond, Thrasir, Lysithea, Ophelia, Brave weapons and all of them pretty much ruin her as it is. Most of the defence threats are ranged so both specials do the same job if you think about it. 

I am leaning towards Noontime or Aether with Null Follow-up or Lul Atk/Spd. 

I think you quoted the wrong person since I can't see anything that relates to my original post. 

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I think you quoted the wrong person since I can't see anything that relates to my original post. 

Oh I I didn't realise it haha. There was previously some discussion about her and Fjorm's special. Too bored to correct the mistake so don't mind me. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Ugh, I'm actually kind of mad that this banner looks so good. I was already planning to spend my stockpile for Julia merges, so seeing a bunch of non-blue units that I want is going to bother the heck out of me while I try to snipe for her.

As for a potential future Legendary M!Corrin representing Hoshido, I doubt it'll happen. More likely we'll get a Grima situation where he's the flagship character of a new Fates banner. There's enough characters who "need" Legendary alts that giving Corrin an unprecedented second one any time soon would just piss people off.

I think fates needed a new legendary, since it had been a long time since the last one... but why her? It could have been takumi who would have fit the wind element better. Also, had she been red she would have covered all colors, it feels like a missed opportunity

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

How about the fact that Ike was the first non-OC legendary two and a half years ago?

Or the fact that Grima Robin was literally the next legendary after him also around two and a half years ago?

I've wanted legendary Elincia and legendary Robin with the Levin Sword all that time and I'm sick of waiting.

See what I wrote above. And Seliph wasn't the first Jugdral legendary. Julia and Leif both came before him.

Ike is still the only Tellius legendary after two and a half fucking years!

Oh yeah, mythic banners, you know, don't introduce a new legendary, they introduce a new mythic.

Lots of things have taken a while to happen and people felt like IS was making a point of avoiding them and then they happened. Beasts, for example, took almost two years to show up. For the first six months of Heroes, they seemed allergic to adding armors beyond the first 6, and for almost a full year they seemed allergic to adding dragons beyond the first 6, but they ended up making so many of both of those that people have complained about them making too many. I remember complaints that we weren't getting any playable OCs beyond the Askr trio until the start of Book 2, and then complaints that we weren't getting any more Book 2 characters playable beyond Fjorm and Gunnthra until the end of Book 2. Remember when Hrid seemed to be taking forever? Then he showed up eventually. Sometimes things just take time.

The only reason for them to never add more Tellius legendaries would be if they were making a point of adding them, which they would have no reason to do. They've simply decided to do some other things first. They'll certainly do Legendary Micaiah eventually, she's both a main character and a CYL winner. It's possible that they decided to delay her a bit to avoid proximity to her duo version, and before that, to the Tellius mythics last year, and they've had plenty else to do in the meantime. She's not the one you want, but she'll at least end the Tellius drought.

Looking at the "Entry" filter, of the characters representing the 12 traditional FE games (the ones other than Heroes and TMS), now that Seliph and Corrin F have legendary versions, Micaiah is now the only one without a legendary version (or a mythic version, in Sothis's case). So far this year, all 4 legendaries we've gotten (Chrom, Edelgard, Seliph, and Corrin) have been from either that list or Three Houses. That in mind, I think it's very likely that Micaiah will be the next non-3H legendary.

The only other non-3H legendaries we're missing from the leads reel earlier this month are Sigurd, Sothe, Robin M, and Corrin M, and while not all legendaries are units from that leads reel, the vast majority of them are. Sigurd and Robin M are both other units I know you want, Corrin M is probably not going to be anytime soon, and Sothe is an oddball and seems like the lowest priority of them, especially before Micaiah gets added... and he's also another Tellius unit anyway.

Corrin's build is fascinating. Basically get 40% or more damage reduction on anything coming at you, then fire back with a Draconic Aura that refills your special so you can do it again next time you get hit. I really want Brammimond, but I'll be happy with whichever one of the two I end up getting.

I'm really kicking myself for not going for Eirika back in February, though. She was running alongside Phina, who's now one of my most wanted missing units, and now when she's back after 6 months she's not sharing with any other reds I'm missing. Wonder how long her next rerun will take and who it'll be with, but that won't be revealed until tomorrow. November/December/January wouldn't be too bad, I guess, but if she joins Altina and Hrid in February, I'll be tempted to try to get her here in spite of the awful rate rather than having to wait another full year just for a chance at her.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

... Unless they're doing Ryoma-Hoshido, Azura-Valla, and f!Corrin-Nohr, but that's such a fucking weird trio I think I'd be at a complete loss for words if that's what they really wanted to do.

It's possible they'll just release M!Corrin as a regular alt, just like F!M!Robin, but since that trend died in a horrendous blaze of fan-outrage two years ago (save an Echoes!Catria out of nowhere) I guess it's possible he'll be a Legendary. But of course, that means Fates has two Hoshido Legendaries and four in total which would then get people wondering where Xander is.

As for F!Corrin being Nohrian, she's always been depicted as one in marketing and Cipher with M!Corrin as the Hoshidan rep, so there's that too.

9 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Ahh, will skip. I don’t like female Corrin, and that art isn’t good either. Tired of Sencha, kit doesn’t look too exciting either.

I like Sencha's style, but the outfit looks ridiculous and thus perfectly in-line with Fates. I'm curious why they gave her another Ice Mirror-type Special though. Granted her weapon comes with cooldown reduction and a built-in Special Spiral, so it's easy to replace, but still. Well, at least this ability reduced ALL types of damage, not just ranged ones.

Speaking of her weapon though, does it stack with Special Spiral itself? If so, that'd be pretty busted.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Second of all, why bring her in now as a Wind Legendary instead of a Water one, when she's literally, like...a water dragon (or closest to it in FE)?

This made me do a double take. You're right, that is bizarre! Heck, even Ryoma's a Water Legendary!

I have close to 550 orbs. I'll go for 2 copies of Brammy, and save the rest for next month's mythic. Picking up a Corrin or Mila on the way wouldn't be bad tho.

Backup color should be blue, since Naga merges are ok, Julia can be merge or fodder if I need Impact. Other colors don't interest me at all.

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's possible they'll just release M!Corrin as a regular alt, just like F!M!Robin, but since that trend died in a horrendous blaze of fan-outrage two years ago (save an Echoes!Catria out of nowhere) I guess it's possible he'll be a Legendary. But of course, that means Fates has two Hoshido Legendaries and four in total which would then get people wondering where Xander is.

As for F!Corrin being Nohrian, she's always been depicted as one in marketing and Cipher with M!Corrin as the Hoshidan rep, so there's that too.

I like Sencha's style, but the outfit looks ridiculous and thus perfectly in-line with Fates. I'm curious why they gave her another Ice Mirror-type Special though. Granted her weapon comes with cooldown reduction and a built-in Special Spiral, so it's easy to replace, but still. Well, at least this ability reduced ALL types of damage, not just ranged ones.

Speaking of her weapon though, does it stack with Special Spiral itself? If so, that'd be pretty busted.

This made me do a double take. You're right, that is bizarre! Heck, even Ryoma's a Water Legendary!

TBH I'm guessing we end up getting Corrin M as a second Hoshido legendary and then Camilla as a second Nohr legendary, just because they can.

Corrin's weapon isn't a Special Spiral effect, it's Heavy Blade.

Excellent. Sencha is second only to Yoshiku for drawing cute, squishy-looking girls.

And we finally get another unit that can actually make use of Shield Pulse, which is really nice, and another Wind Legendary Hero that isn't awful in the Arena, which is also really nice.

Colorless is stacked on this banner with Bramimond and Mila, both being units that I didn't have the budget to pull additional copies of on their original banners, but unfortunately, this banner just has to come at the worst possible time. I'm not sure if I want to go for the last 2 sparks on the CYL banner or get some extra pulls here. I guess I'll just have to see how lucky I get with my first few orb packs to see which banner I want to put the rest in. Sigh.

Clearly, I should just get a higher-paying job.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just to point it out before someone else does, the localization removed a Smash reference. Negating Fang is Counter Surge (name of Corrin’s down B) in Japanese.

Eh, it's not the first time the localization team has changed how something is translated, mind Smash and Fire Emblem probably aren't translated by the same team anyways (and they don't seem to care/have the time to check their work against the other's anyways).

Also, name of the skill in Japanese is simply just Dragon Fang (竜穿, lit. "dragon pierce") with the word for "counter" (反) in front of it, so more eh. I would have preferred "Counter Fang" over "Negating Fang", but whatever.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Didn't localization remove many more Smash references in translations? Even though Smash was arguably the big driving force behind not-Japan even getting any Fire Emblems at all, so should probably at least get something like the occasional "hey not to make this awkward Roy, but didn't I take your spot in Brawl that one time?"

The only Smash reference I remember is the fact that the CYL 1 winners got an extra voice clip in English as a reference to the fact that all four of them were in Smash whereas that voice clip doesn't exist in Japanese. That said, I haven't touched Smash since the early days of Smash 4, so...

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Lots of things have taken a while to happen and people felt like IS was making a point of avoiding them and then they happened. Beasts, for example, took almost two years to show up. For the first six months of Heroes, they seemed allergic to adding armors beyond the first 6, and for almost a full year they seemed allergic to adding dragons beyond the first 6, but they ended up making so many of both of those that people have complained about them making too many. I remember complaints that we weren't getting any playable OCs beyond the Askr trio until the start of Book 2, and then complaints that we weren't getting any more Book 2 characters playable beyond Fjorm and Gunnthra until the end of Book 2. Remember when Hrid seemed to be taking forever? Then he showed up eventually. Sometimes things just take time.

The only reason for them to never add more Tellius legendaries would be if they were making a point of adding them, which they would have no reason to do. They've simply decided to do some other things first. They'll certainly do Legendary Micaiah eventually, she's both a main character and a CYL winner. It's possible that they decided to delay her a bit to avoid proximity to her duo version, and before that, to the Tellius mythics last year, and they've had plenty else to do in the meantime. She's not the one you want, but she'll at least end the Tellius drought.

Looking at the "Entry" filter, of the characters representing the 12 traditional FE games (the ones other than Heroes and TMS), now that Seliph and Corrin F have legendary versions, Micaiah is now the only one without a legendary version (or a mythic version, in Sothis's case). So far this year, all 4 legendaries we've gotten (Chrom, Edelgard, Seliph, and Corrin) have been from either that list or Three Houses. That in mind, I think it's very likely that Micaiah will be the next non-3H legendary.

The only other non-3H legendaries we're missing from the leads reel earlier this month are Sigurd, Sothe, Robin M, and Corrin M, and while not all legendaries are units from that leads reel, the vast majority of them are. Sigurd and Robin M are both other units I know you want, Corrin M is probably not going to be anytime soon, and Sothe is an oddball and seems like the lowest priority of them, especially before Micaiah gets added... and he's also another Tellius unit anyway.

Um, Elincia was in that leads banner though, as were some other characters that weren't in that video, if I recall. And since Ryoma and Tiki were not in that banner, and they got to be legendaries, Elincia should be one. Why do they get to be legendaries and she doesn't otherwise? It makes no sense.

Anyway, sure, I wouldn't want Micaiah or Sothe as much as I want Elincia, but I would admit that they'd end that Tellius drought. I don't think Sothe should be legendary though, nor did he have any business being in that leads video. He's not a lead, or even a pseudo lord, really. He's a Jagen and support character who happens to get a little more screen time than other typical Jagens. And I feel like the only reason you get a game over in RD if he's killed is because he's needed for a few scenes later. And I wouldn't say he's a lead just because he gives a game over upon death either. Lucina doesn't actually have any typical characteristics for being a lord/lead other than her class. She doesn't give a game over when she dies, yet she's still considered a lord and a lead. So I can do the reverse with Sothe and not consider him a lead despite him giving a game over.

The only Tellius characters I can accept as new legendaries right now are Elincia and Micaiah. Anyone else from there right now would just have me going "why?" Once both are added though, if they both are, then I don't care if they add anymore.

As far as legendaries go I predict the following, 

October, Dimitri infantry lance with Areadbhar and Atrocity 

December, Michy as a double effective tome (original I know) or a staff 

February, Claude as a flying bow with Failnaught and Fallen star. 

Then we would be done with all main Lords (Byleth is a weird case due to his transformation) and we can have secondary yet important characters like Elincia or even Rhea I guess?? 

Mythics I really don't care that much as I like using these originally unplayable characters as it is. I just want September's Mythic to be Astra Res with insane support capabilities (a dancer or a staff would be perfect). I want to bench Naga and never dare to use her again. 

I'm actually blind for this one!

So, anyways, turns out we get F!Corrin, who's an infantry colourless dragon with wind pairup (Why no Omega Yato?). She comes with Primordial Breath (SC-1, If foe is 2 range, gets adaptive damage, If foe initiates/has 100% HP gets +5 to all stats and gets SC+1 per unit attack), Negating Fang (Reduces foe's attack by 30%, then boosts damage to next attack by 30%), DC, Shield Pulse and Joint Drive Atk (Nice fodder). It's interesting she's a defensive type of unit, but hey that's the breaks. Also Fjorm just got tail whipped.

As for the others, Red has Hrid, L!Eirika and BersIker, Blue has Naga, L!Julia and Nils, Green has Gunnthra, L!Hector and Rinkah and Colourless has Bramimond and Mila. COLOURLESS IS STILL OP, I have all the reds and nearly all the greens so it's Colourless >> Blue >>>>>>>> Green >> Red if I bother because I am so broke.

Seriously, Why no Omega Yato?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, Why no Omega Yato?

There are people that is complaining that its Corrin (which is not my case, since I am happy she got a Legendary Alt) ... Being another Infantry Sword unit would cause even more complains.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, Elincia was in that leads banner though, as were some other characters that weren't in that video, if I recall. And since Ryoma and Tiki were not in that banner, and they got to be legendaries, Elincia should be one. Why do they get to be legendaries and she doesn't otherwise? It makes no sense.

Anyway, sure, I wouldn't want Micaiah or Sothe as much as I want Elincia, but I would admit that they'd end that Tellius drought. I don't think Sothe should be legendary though, nor did he have any business being in that leads video. He's not a lead, or even a pseudo lord, really. He's a Jagen and support character who happens to get a little more screen time than other typical Jagens. And I feel like the only reason you get a game over in RD if he's killed is because he's needed for a few scenes later. And I wouldn't say he's a lead just because he gives a game over upon death either. Lucina doesn't actually have any typical characteristics for being a lord/lead other than her class. She doesn't give a game over when she dies, yet she's still considered a lord and a lead. So I can do the reverse with Sothe and not consider him a lead despite him giving a game over.

The only Tellius characters I can accept as new legendaries right now are Elincia and Micaiah. Anyone else from there right now would just have me going "why?" Once both are added though, if they both are, then I don't care if they add anymore.

I specified the leads reel, not the leads banner.

The oddness of Sothe's presence in the video and the fact that some units who were not in the video have become legendaries are not relevant to the thing I actually said. I believe we've already had this discussion not too long ago. What matters is that we can assume that the leads video shows the units IS considers most in need of legendary versions, despite the fact that other units show up occasionally.

13 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

As far as legendaries go I predict the following, 

October, Dimitri infantry lance with Areadbhar and Atrocity 

December, Michy as a double effective tome (original I know) or a staff 

February, Claude as a flying bow with Failnaught and Fallen star. 

Then we would be done with all main Lords (Byleth is a weird case due to his transformation) and we can have secondary yet important characters like Elincia or even Rhea I guess?? 

Mythics I really don't care that much as I like using these originally unplayable characters as it is. I just want September's Mythic to be Astra Res with insane support capabilities (a dancer or a staff would be perfect). I want to bench Naga and never dare to use her again. 

Don't forger Sigurd.

Ignoring gender variations (and Sothe), the lords missing legendary versions are Sigurd, Micaiah, Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude. We could get through all of those by the end of June 2021, if they stay focused on them. 9 of the 10 pair up legendaries so far have been from that lineup (Roy, Alm, Eliwood, Leif, Celica, Chrom, Edelgard, Seliph, and Corrin), with Julia as the only exception, so I think it's pretty likely that we'll at least get all 5 of those by this time next year.

Just now, Othin said:

I specified the leads reel, not the leads banner.

The oddness of Sothe's presence in the video and the fact that some units who were not in the video have become legendaries are not relevant to the thing I actually said. I believe we've already had this discussion not too long ago. What matters is that we can assume that the leads video shows the units IS considers most in need of legendary versions, despite the fact that other units show up occasionally.

Why does it just have to be that video? Why can't we consider that banner too? Does the banner just not matter to you for whatever reason? Also, Elincia got to be DLC in Awakening, which Sothe did not. So IS considers her just as important as him for whatever reason, if not more.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why does it just have to be that video? Why can't we consider that banner too? Does the banner just not matter to you for whatever reason? Also, Elincia got to be DLC in Awakening, which Sothe did not. So IS considers her just as important as him for whatever reason, if not more.

If we're counting awakening DLC, why not also include a 2011 interview where Meg was a personal favourite from the designers. 

Using data from so many years ago as a metric of reference is just grasping at straws. 

My advice, just don't have expectations at all. Just see what comes your way and have fun with the Elincia's that are in the game. I am expecting a Micaiah at some point but I am not getting my hopes up because the chance is just very high that it's a different hero that's going to be on the banner. And at some point I'll wake up pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime we'll just keep getting Tellius alts which is fine by me. 

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Just see what comes your way and have fun with the Elincia's that are in the game.

I can't when both are very powercrept and becoming more and more useless. I don't use either of them much anymore because there are better options for fliers and refreshers. And she hasn't gotten another alt in a very long time now. She's due for one.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

If we're counting awakening DLC, why not also include a 2011 interview where Meg was a personal favourite from the designers. 

...How in any way are these two points similar? One is talking about actual in-game content while the other is just designers liking one character. Big difference.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Using data from so many years ago as a metric of reference is just grasping at straws. 

My advice, just don't have expectations at all. Just see what comes your way and have fun with the Elincia's that are in the game. I am expecting a Micaiah at some point but I am not getting my hopes up because the chance is just very high that it's a different hero that's going to be on the banner. And at some point I'll wake up pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime we'll just keep getting Tellius alts which is fine by me. 

Yep. Creating high hopes every time is not that healthy. It will just create stress.

I am hoping for Micaiah one day, but I am not like "This month will be Micaiah! I am sure!". She will come whatever IS decides to, and until there I will keep playing the game normally.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I can't when both are very powercrept and becoming more and more useless. I don't use either of them much anymore because there are better options for fliers and refreshers.

I am still using Klein, Jeorge, Titania and other heroes a lot and am not at all feeling like they are being power crept. that hard. they all have their uses and places that they outperform most of the newer units that get released.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...How in any way are these two points similar? One is talking about actual in-game content while the other is just designers liking one character. Big difference.

They're similar since it's both incredibly dated information. You're not going to release a vaccine for a disease based on a study from 10 years ago. You're not going to base your choice of buying a new computer on the review from 10 years ago. Saying Elincia was DLC is just as relevant as saying Meg was a favourite among the staff since it's both info from a decade ago, which is not at all relevant in the present.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I am still using Klein, Jeorge, Titania and other heroes a lot and am not at all feeling like they are being power crept. that hard. they all have their uses and places that they outperform most of the newer units that get released.

Weird, they all suck at this point, so you must only be using them for some easier content. I sure don't use them for much of anything. I only use newer units for the most part. my horse team doesn't even get much use anymore because they've become outdated and unable to handle much newer stuff.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

They're similar since it's both incredibly dated information. You're not going to release a vaccine for a disease based on a study from 10 years ago. You're not going to base your choice of buying a new computer on the review from 10 years ago. Saying Elincia was DLC is just as relevant as saying Meg was a favourite among the staff since it's both info from a decade ago, which is not at all relevant in the present.

You're missing the point. IS considered Elincia important enough to be DLC in Awakening and they considered her important enough to be included in the leads banner in Heroes. I'd say the information isn't outdated, it's remaining consistent.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The leads banner had a certain number of male slots and female slots per game, and had the character choices constrained by fitting into those. The Awakening DLC picks were chosen several years ago, so they're pretty out of date, and I don't think they were even necessarily decided by the same people as the ones working on Heroes now.

The leads video has none of those concerns. It's a recent video by the Heroes team, with no constraints based on game or gender. If one character gets included and another doesn't, that tells us that as of this year, the Heroes team considers that first character to be more of a lead than the second one. There are no confounding factors that would lead them to force in a character they feel is less of a lead. It is, therefore, the most reliable source of information about their views on this matter.

That's not to say it's the only source of information worth considering, but it's the most significant right now. The leads banner can be useful for getting some idea of what units are the ones next most likely to show up, but it doesn't seem like we're getting much of that "second tier" of leads right now. Especially now that we know they're willing to bend elemental associations this far to fit whatever "first tier" lead they want to feature on a given month.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The leads banner had a certain number of male slots and female slots per game, and had the character choices constrained by fitting into those. The Awakening DLC picks were chosen several years ago, so they're pretty out of date, and I don't think they were even necessarily decided by the same people as the ones working on Heroes now.

The leads video has none of those concerns. It's a recent video by the Heroes team, with no constraints based on game or gender. If one character gets included and the another doesn't, that tells us that the Heroes team considers that first character to be more of a lead than the second one, there are no confounding factors that would lead them to force in a character they feel is less of a lead. It is, therefore, the most reliable source of information about their views on this matter.

That's not to say it's the only source of information worth considering, but it's the most significant right now. The leads banner can be useful for getting some idea of what units are the ones next most likely to show up, but it doesn't seem like we're getting much of that "second tier" of leads right now. Especially now that we know they're willing to bend elemental associations this far to fit whatever "first tier" lead they want to feature on a given month.

Again, though, why would Sothe be considered a lead and not Elincia? This makes literally zero sense. That is the question I'm trying to get an answer for.