Something you'd love in a fire emblem game but fear you'll never see

James Marshall

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Basilio ain't dark enough for you?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/d/d3/BasilioPortrait.png

The problem with Basilio is, they didn't get Samuel L. Jackson to voice him. A perfect opportunity, squandered.

Anyway, there is a point that the series has gotten much better about representing darker skin colors. Awakening had Basilio, Fates had Rinkah, Echoes gave us the Boey and Gray redesigns, while Three Houses finally introduced a non-white/Japanese Lord in Claude. Plus characters like Cyril, Petra, and Dedue.

Hopefully, this kind of racial diversity can persist as the series goes forward. In particular, if a customizable Avatar returns, I would really want to see a skin tone option.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

The problem with Basilio is, they didn't get Samuel L. Jackson to voice him. A perfect opportunity, squandered.

Anyway, there is a point that the series has gotten much better about representing darker skin colors. Awakening had Basilio, Fates had Rinkah, Echoes gave us the Boey and Gray redesigns, while Three Houses finally introduced a non-white/Japanese Lord in Claude. Plus characters like Cyril, Petra, and Dedue.

Hopefully, this kind of racial diversity can persist as the series goes forward. In particular, if a customizable Avatar returns, I would really want to see a skin tone option.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Awakening really, really should have had a skin tone option. Partially because, hey, that's something nice tot have, but also because it'd make some sort of sense to the fact that Validar is Robin's father. Corrin it would be much harder to justify as a feature given their number of siblings of perceived blood relation. And Byleth didn't get any customization at all 😞

• 3 months later...

I Would Like A Game With More Then One Sequel So That In One Game We Marry One Character To Another It Will Efect The Story Of The Next Two Game

An FE game where the conflict is Global somehow with factions based on several historical countries. (I guess cross-continent teleportation is a thing or the story is set over a significant amount of time.)

So you have not-Egyptians for instance (I know Plegia are apparently based on Egypt but they don't use Egyptian weapons or resemble them much.) throwing down with not-Vikings, with each country having a few things to make them distinct. (Such as the not-Egyptians using mostly Bronze weapons but being big on Light Magic.)

So we can have more weird historical-inspiried weapons like a Not-Khopesh.

Edited by Samz707

A hardest difficulty that is well designed and doesn't rely on either removing game mechanics, having absurdly high enemy stats to be challenge, or otherwise adding a lot of suprise factors that a newer player can't reasonably expect. Trust me, it's possible to do.

I'd like to see an Trapper/Item-based class.

Like maybe as Mark's unique class in an FE7 Remake.

So for instance,  Mark's skills could be stuff like:

Increased Mine Damage. (Either directly or by stacking multiple mines while placing one.)

"Safe" mines that friendly units can't trigger.

Light Runes that last longer/allow allies through them.

Or maybe add extra items, like Bear Traps, as a less damaging Mine (Assuming they get a much needed damage bost) but it inflicts the Status Effect from 3H that prevents enemies from moving but Mark's skill lets him place harder to disarm bear traps that hold the enemy for several turns for instance and maybe also gives them a big evade debuff as it's a bit hard to dodge while your leg is trapped. (But other enemies can still move through them.)

Basically stuff that would take stuff like Mines, Light Runes and maybe other equipment and make them more effective.