Regarding forum sections and sub-sections

out of curiosity: while we have different "era" sections on the forum with their own games sub-sections( to be more specific, from the GBA to the 3DS ), there's also generic and separate sections for the NES/SNES games and the past-3DS ones.

now, the questions are: wouldn't it make more sense to have about 5Β different sub-sections for the NES/SNES titles, like the other "era" sections have?

same goes for the Switch titles:Β would it be possible to regroup the other games such as Three Houses, Warriors and Tokyo Mirage Sessions in a new category( Switch era ) with its own sub-sections for each game?

Β 

i do believe i've read something about the changes madeΒ to the older sections before, but i can't really remember where's that source of infos. not sure if it was about overall space available, content organization or other reasons.

in any case, i'd rather prefer to have more organized sections for each era/title, rather than having merged/separate ones, but that's just me.

Even still, at least we could have a subforum splitting NES and SNES. Or, if we want more balanced in terms of use, one subforum for FE1-3 and one for FE4-5.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

NES/SNES are combined because they are so unactive, well that's the reasoning the mods gave before.

this reasoning holds. if you check the forum, you can easily see that there are four different months of posts represented on the default first page; considering our necroposting cutoff is off the first page and a month old, one can pretty easily surmise that the total S/NES forum isn't particularly popping, and there's no real need to split discussions off and take up more user interface real estate for literally zero gain. for reference, the S/NES forum of five games is about as happening as FE7 Or FE10, Either One Alone.

Β 

it's worth noting that this isn't a uniquely S/NES issue - there's probably a reasonably near future where i crunch the DS boards back into one forum, for instance, but that day is not today.

Β 

On 8/31/2020 at 7:02 AM, Hello72207 said:

Or, if we want more balanced in terms of use, one subforum for FE1-3 and one for FE4-5.

this wouldn't be at all balanced. in fact, judging by the long past when the boards were split, even splitting one board as FE4 and the other board as FEs 1, 2, 3, and 5 wouldn't be particularly balanced. the S/NES forum has been FE4, Etc. for about as long as we slammed them together into one board.

• 3 weeks later...

Though not related to the sections the Op mentioned, I figured the topic title holds up well enough and a second topic regarding the same discussion but on a different section seemed unnecessary.Β 

Β 

Is there a reason to keep the Heroes Analysis sub forum? It's been dead for such a long time.Β There are a few topics worth keeping that fit just as well into the War room regarding guides etc. However,Β pretty much every single "analysis" on a unit is not only outdated, but also incredibly poorly made. If someone were to base their criteria for building units in Feh on those topics, half of them wouldn't even make sense since they don't even factor in skills from the past two years. A decent chunk probably don't even factor in dragon flowers or skill inheritance.Β 

i genuinely thought we'd retired heroes analysis when we deployed the war room. thanks for pointing it out

Β 

EDIT: i'm running around a lot and cleaning today but i'll find some time this evening to crack into the admin CP and archive it

Β 

EDIT2: alright it's done cheers

have i ever told you guys every time i go into the ACP i get a notification that poomonkey14 is awaiting account validation? i laugh every time and i cannot bring myself to clear the notification

Edited by Integrity

7 hours ago, Integrity said:

i genuinely thought we'd retired heroes analysis when we deployed the war room. thanks for pointing it out

Β 

EDIT: i'm running around a lot and cleaning today but i'll find some time this evening to crack into the admin CP and archive it

Β 

EDIT2: alright it's done cheers

have i ever told you guys every time i go into the ACP i get a notification that poomonkey14 is awaiting account validation? i laugh every time and i cannot bring myself to clear the notification

Woop thanks for the quick pickup and happy to help. =]

Also, i reallyΒ needed that info and I am so glad you told me.Β