FE abilities as Pokémon moves

Perkilator

When it comes to new moves, the ideas are limitless. One I just had was with translating abilities from Fire Emblem into Pokémon as moves. For my OP, I was primarily focused on the FE roster's Smash specials, but feel free to use any ability that has to do with FE. Here's mine:

• Dancing Blade (Steel, 15PP): Hits the target with two to four slashes in rhythmic succession.
  • Shield Breaker (Steel, 10PP): A powerful blow that breaks barriers, including ones that protect the target. It also harshly decreases the target's Defense.
  • Double-Edge Dance (Fire, 15PP): Hits the target with three quick slashes and a powerful fourth all at once. It may leave the target with a burn.
  • Flare Blade (Fire, 10PP): A mighty flare that charges for two turns, and can nearly one-hit KO when super-effective. Inflicts recoil on the user.
  • Quick Draw (Normal, 10PP): The user waits a turn to slash the target. The accuracy and power depend on the user's Speed.
  • Aether (Fighting, 8PP): The user flies into the sky one turn, then slashes down and upward upon landing the next turn.
  • Nosferatu (Dark, 20PP): The user attacks with dark magic that not only binds the target, but drains them.
  • Goetia (Dark, 5PP): The user casts powerful dark magic that prevents the target from escaping.
  • Pair Up (Normal, 25PP): The user not only boosts an ally's stats, but can sometimes take hits for them.
  • Dragon Fang Shot (Dragon, 15PP): The user fires a ball of draconic water, then bites the target the next turn.
  • Dragon Lunge (Dragon, 15PP): The user lunges towards the target and sticks to the floor. They must use a different move the next turn.
  • Counter Surge (Water, 20PP): The user waits for their target's attack. When struck, the user unleashes a wave that hits multiple targets.
  • Torrential Roar (Water, 5PP): The user roars at the target with a torrent. The target becomes bound, should they survive the first hit.
Edited by Perkilator

Hmmm... Here's a few:

Astra (Fighting, Physical, 15PP): The user attacks with a quick flurry of strikes. Multi-hit move that always strikes five times.
Nosferatu (Psychic, Special, 15PP): The user siphons vitality from a foe using a magical power. Basically Psychic-type Giga Drain.
Excalibur (Flying, Special, 10PP): The user attacks with razor-sharp wind currents. This move has an increased critical hit rate, and will hit targets using Fly, Bounce, or Sky Drop for double damage.
Bane (Dark, Physical, 5PP): The user ruthlessly attacks the target's weak points, reducing its HP to one. Fails against targets with higher levels than the user.
Book of Naga (Dragon, Special, 5PP): The user invokes the spirit of an ancient dragon to attack the target. After using this move, the user's Defense and Special Defense sharply increase.
Ward (Psychic, Status, 10PP): The user shrouds itself in a protective veil, sharply raising Special Defense.

Edited by Topaz Light

Honestly in my case it's just because coming up with a specific Power value would require a lot more checking prospective numbers against official moves' than I really felt like doing for a post in a thread like this one.

Astra, specifically, I would probably assign 25 Power to match the other higher-end multi-hit moves. I might also decrease its max PP down to just 5 since it's guaranteed to get the full 5 hits and isn't chance-based like other similar moves.