Legendary Hero Battle Breaks Through: F!Corrin

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imma gonna try to see if i can remember how i did it -
took me about 1.5 hours to figure out, but Sophia's new toy, Azura's ability to tank a hit and Micaiah's general res-awesomeness saved the day. 
The Hero of the Day: Alm. woo. and hoo. 

@LordFrigid The axe cav's guard was certainly annoying. Yet again, I forgot that Naga ruins dragons, although the movement from the whitewing trio's skill definitely helped out. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who murdered brave Claude for a galeforcer. Nice clear!

Bunny Fir finally got a power up, and it came in handy right away. The annoyingly high speed on Corrin was still not enough to avoid getting quadded by Bartre.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan

So... many... Guards...

(This clear assumes that F!Grima does not have a Summoner Support.)

Silvia did not like this map. She toughed it out, certainly, but it was claustrophobic as hell because the multiple instances of Guard prevented her from doing her usual Galeforce crowd control. Eventually I found a way to force the team into the upper section of the map in a way that allowed Silvia to duel the boss. And speaking of the boss, Corrin can eat a dick for bringing the Hardy Bearing seal - I was wondering when an Abyssal boss would have that seal to screw over Silvia's Desperation, but I didn't think IntSys would be mean enough to do it on the map with so many other things to prevent Galeforce rushdowns.

In other news, this map was also what convinced me to pull the trigger on giving Atk/Spd Rein to F!Grima so that she could handle the Thieves. Turns out Rein + Dragonskin is pretty nutty. She is looking forward to more of these treats.

As stated above, this clear pretends F!Grima doesn't have the extra stats from the FEH Pass's extra Summoner Support. This resulted in me doing some silly things like not instantly killing the Red Mage when I could, otherwise I would've had B!Ninian steal his spot so Silvia could move away from the Green Mage (he does no damage, but his Seal Spd/Res almost got her killed by Corrin).

Got to bust out the Brave Bow for this one, it was fun nuking things with Glacies. Chill skills was a blessing for debuffing certain enemies as well as spur/drive skills for jacking up my attack stat just to deal with the Lance Fighter on the left at the beginning.

@Maaka Looks like Fir is enjoying those new Rein skills. I guess Azura didn't want to fight Corrin since she didn't have a weapon equipped but still had to come and sing. Great one turn clear!

@LordFrigid I imagine this would've been a lot more complicated if Corrin had her Special charged already... Good thing it wasn't.

@Maaka Always nice to see Fir join her dads. Was she -Spd before?

@Some Jerk Rein is nice to have. I see Silvia clutched it out vs Corrin anyway, even if she can't use her strongest gimmick. Never needed it.

@Hilda RIP Corrin, killed in one hit. Astra with Breath is insane.

@NSSKG151 Ah, the Brave Bow Glacies with the obscene damage. I was wondering if you were finally going to give a kill to Phina with the armor, but she killed the bow cav instead I see.

@Diovani Bressan @DLNarshen @mcsilas @Zeo @Alexmender @Landmaster @daisy jane

Debut of a toy I got for Celica a month or two ago. This is also the first time I've actually ended up using Gravity+ on Nanna I think. The reinforcements stumped me for a little while, but overall it was actually relatively easy once I figured out how I could gimmick this map. If I pull a LCorn I'll think about giving her NCD lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Y'know the drill by now, comments first, video second (unless I'm so late I can't do either): 

@NSSKG151 Wow! Your Awakening Anna really makes justice to her Apotheosis goddess title, her damage output is ridiculous. NY!Anna doesn't fall behind as she also deals tons of damage. Not Anna Phina and Heroes Anna did a little less than the other two but the kills they got were equally impressive. It was a nice touch to leave the last kill for Heroes Anna. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy Zanbato B!Celica, nice and RIP Gray at the same time. It seems this time we used very similar strategies by leaving the refrigerator and Corn until the very end while giving laps around the map. Kagero hungers for those extra 5 DW, but those are really hard to come by I got broke after giving them to +15 Eirika, now Officer Hilda will keep pestering me while the Lyns do farm work at the resort. Anyways, great clear as always!

- - - - - -

Well, this one wasn't all that hard but it required one expensive-ish sacrifice for Officer Hilda (you'll notice at the beginning that I have no feathers) but it was worth it. Well, that's about it for preparations as the map wasn't that hard outside of finding the right special to nuke Corrin. Anyways, enjoy Teleporting shenanigans the nth, super beacon edition. 

It seems yorotsruuu yorotsruuu picked CYL Edelgard. Not sure for in general or because of this map and as a lock in for future strategies considering yorotsruuu yorotsruuu and anyone playing as of now could do 40 to 120 summons and guaranteed themselves all four CYL4 units and have them be neutral. Team of 5* Ethlyn (neutral) with Imbue equipped and an Atk/Def Bond 3 seal, 5* Peony (neutral) with an Atk Tactic 3 seal, 5* CYL Edelgard (neutral) with an Obstruct 3 seal, and 5* Altina (neutral) with a Brazen Atk/Def 3 seal. This is not completely a F2P guide due to the presence of Altina.

Edit: エルマオの横好き used CYL Edelgard for his Abyssal strategy as well. The team used was 5* CYL Edelgard (neutral) with a Brazen Atk/Res 3 seal, 5* Peony (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, 5* CYL Veronica (neutral), and 5* Altina (neutral) with a Fierce Stance 3 seal. This is also not a F2P strategy as in addition to the presence of Altina, the CYL2 free pick banner expired on August 30th, so new players cannot get CYL Veronica for free. His videos feature commentary, so if that's not your thing, then mute it. Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rZHDSvpMc.

This is curious. Pheonixmaster1 and sukwindllinrush both held polls for who should be the free pick and CYL Dimitri won on both. Not sure about KumaTheta, but he ended up with CYL Dimitri as the free pick as well. He has used him alongside Altina for his second infernal strategy; the first one used the old reliable pair of vanguard Ike and Fjorm. No sign of CYL Claude or CYL Lysithea yet.

Also, 5* Jorge has been making appearances for guides at least on infernal difficulty. さるGames and Trigourd have used him for their infernal strategies.

Edit 2: yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's strategy works with a CYL Edelgard who is +HP, -Def and also unmerged since, well, I don't have any merges on her. Nothing changes. Same deal if you forgot to switch Ethlyn's Fear+ back to its normal version instead of the Dazzling Staff refined version. She only attacks a few times for chip damage and debuffing, so the Wrathful Staff refine probably would affect things.

Edited by Kaden

39 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Welp. Can't clear it on Infernal and I can't follow PM1's guide either as enemy movement changes because my Eir is +1.

Do you have unmerged and neutral Altina, Mininerva, Peony, and CYL Veronica: https://youtu.be/sYtmhMxbR7s?

It's infernal, but CYL Claude has made his appearance as well. FreshPanths used  5* CYL Claude (neutral) with an Atk +1 seal, 5* Mininerva (neutral), 5* Peony (neutral), and 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal.

Edited by Kaden

Tried to enemy phase it with many different tactics that previously worked however the flash staff and the daggers made it hard from turn 1. So I went with something different for the fun of it that actually worked. I cleared the abyssal with my extremely unbuilt galeforce/one turn clear team utilising L. Edelgard, OG Edelgard, Duo Ephraim and Mirabilis. Never thought I would player phase an Abyssal but it was super fun and one of my highlights when playing heroes. Since I don't know how to record/upload videos of gameplay I will mention the units and strategy in spoilers as I am very excited about this victory and I want to share it. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200831_193418.thumb.jpg.6d930e61e79c0226109c086cbccb75ac.jpg

Screenshot_20200831_193438.thumb.jpg.b45b9a6aad1789a23634c0dc7769527e.jpg

Screenshot_20200831_193457.thumb.jpg.092bab321ac8c83054c8b376af69edac.jpg

Screenshot_20200831_193508.thumb.jpg.c6c6929efc45ca8d5e5d588cf1279831.jpg

Spoiler

At turn 1 Ephraim gave the Edelgards the Atk buff and activated the Duo skill and with the help of Mirabilis he smited legendary Ed and she took out Corrin and ended up with 18 Hp allowing OG Ed to WoM herself next to the legendary and then she took out the red dagger and at the end only the staff and the other dagger remained that left OG one with 1 Hp. Then for the next 2 turns the Edelgards cleared the foes that spawned at the top and Ephraim with Mirabilis climbed their way in the upper side of the map with them. When the spendthrift bow appeared the Edelgards trapped it and very slowly killed it, at the same time the Duo with Mirabilis took down the rest (some tomes the pegasus sword). At the end of turn 7 only the armor Axe was left. However, he could kill Legendary Ed because of the hammer and Ephraim had few Hp and couldn't survive so it was up to OG one to deal with him. Then followed one of the coolest sequences in my time playing Heroes. At Odd turns that OG had good Hp she attacked the armor once and then everyone kept dancing/smiting/shoving around the map and the unbreakable pillar. It took about 24 turns if I remember correctly to leave him at low Hp to allow Duo Ephraim to kill him with his special that was already charged beforehand. 

It was really fun teleporting, attacking, slowly healing, smiting, shoving, dancing and Galeforcing around the entire map. Though I had to downgrade their builds (these aren't the builds they have for most content) it at least gave me some guidance for the team (Galeforce for the Duo and Legend and WoM 3 for the infanries). Honestly, after getting Legendary Edelgard my entire play style begins to change. 

Edited by SuperNova125

On 8/31/2020 at 4:53 AM, Some Jerk said:

@LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan

So... many... Guards...

(This clear assumes that F!Grima does not have a Summoner Support.)

Silvia did not like this map. She toughed it out, certainly, but it was claustrophobic as hell because the multiple instances of Guard prevented her from doing her usual Galeforce crowd control. Eventually I found a way to force the team into the upper section of the map in a way that allowed Silvia to duel the boss. And speaking of the boss, Corrin can eat a dick for bringing the Hardy Bearing seal - I was wondering when an Abyssal boss would have that seal to screw over Silvia's Desperation, but I didn't think IntSys would be mean enough to do it on the map with so many other things to prevent Galeforce rushdowns.

In other news, this map was also what convinced me to pull the trigger on giving Atk/Spd Rein to F!Grima so that she could handle the Thieves. Turns out Rein + Dragonskin is pretty nutty. She is looking forward to more of these treats.

As stated above, this clear pretends F!Grima doesn't have the extra stats from the FEH Pass's extra Summoner Support. This resulted in me doing some silly things like not instantly killing the Red Mage when I could, otherwise I would've had B!Ninian steal his spot so Silvia could move away from the Green Mage (he does no damage, but his Seal Spd/Res almost got her killed by Corrin).

That was a close call against Corrin! I usually don't see dancers fight that much, so it was nice seeing Ninian nuke things with the Blade tome. It's great seeing Grima getting some use again. I really like her but mine is only at +2 so she's falling behind a lot. I'll see if I can give a Rein skill to her later on, though I do want to merge Claude too!

On 8/31/2020 at 8:26 AM, NSSKG151 said:

Got to bust out the Brave Bow for this one, it was fun nuking things with Glacies. Chill skills was a blessing for debuffing certain enemies as well as spur/drive skills for jacking up my attack stat just to deal with the Lance Fighter on the left at the beginning.

That NY Anna seems quite fun to use... I was surprised when she ORKO'd Corrin! Good thing Phina's weapon had built-in Vantage!

@XRay @Landmaster @Flying Shogi 

I put Flier Formation on three units for this and removed the Heavy Blade seal from Catria for the first time in a year or so. I actually didn't need to highlight the Bond skills to kill the ninja, so pay that no mind. My original intent for stacking the Bond skills on Valentian Catria was to fight Corrin, but it turns out I didn't need it.  Claude is the second male flier to be featured in my Abyssal clears. Yay!

Edited by GuiltyLove

Okay. time for laughing. 
I did it. and then i did another clear before i went to bed last night (different from how i did it the first time)  but i didn't record it (it was like 4am).
Then i did like 3 other clears. with several results (and naturally Sophia's crit quotes changed all the time so you never hear her grump "Stop it"). And per usual.poor Azura is robbed from actual combat action because i couldn't remember how i got her 2 kills. 

Norne just couldn't do this (or she probably could, but i couldn't figure it out. and Myrrh sat out this time mostly because of dragon slasher and other things. So out came Alm and Sophia (obviously) to support my other two abyssal ladies in Micaiah and Azura. And Sophia got a new toy (RIP Takumi). Went with Close Counter vs. Close Foil mostly i think it will suit her more in the long run. when i get extra feathers she can get Guard 3). 

@silverserpent, @Landmaster, @Maaka, @LordFrigid, @SatsumaFSoysoy, @NSSKG151, @Alexmender, @Diovani Bressan, @mcsilas, @Vicious Sal, @Some Jerk

(and yeah, Some Jerk. the guard was SOO annoying). 
I saw everyone's clears - they were really awesome. I really enjoyed Officer Hilda/Tsubas-naigans, and Friga it's great seeing Double Caeda Prime 👏. New toys are always so much fun, Satsuma, aren't they 🙂

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Okay. time for laughing. 
I did it. and then i did another clear before i went to bed last night (different from how i did it the first time)  but i didn't record it (it was like 4am).
Then i did like 3 other clears. with several results (and naturally Sophia's crit quotes changed all the time so you never hear her grump "Stop it"). And per usual.poor Azura is robbed from actual combat action because i couldn't remember how i got her 2 kills. 

Norne just couldn't do this (or she probably could, but i couldn't figure it out. and Myrrh sat out this time mostly because of dragon slasher and other things. So out came Alm and Sophia (obviously) to support my other two abyssal ladies in Micaiah and Azura. And Sophia got a new toy (RIP Takumi). Went with Close Counter vs. Close Foil mostly i think it will suit her more in the long run. when i get extra feathers she can get Guard 3). 

@silverserpent, @Landmaster, @Maaka, @LordFrigid, @SatsumaFSoysoy, @NSSKG151, @Alexmender, @Diovani Bressan, @mcsilas, @Vicious Sal, @Some Jerk

(and yeah, Some Jerk. the guard was SOO annoying). 
I saw everyone's clears - they were really awesome. I really enjoyed Officer Hilda/Tsubas-naigans, and Friga it's great seeing Double Caeda Prime 👏. New toys are always so much fun, Satsuma, aren't they 🙂

This makes me want to merge up my Duo Alm. Alm and Celica look almost invincible with DC and a damage reducing skill!

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

This makes me want to merge up my Duo Alm. Alm and Celica look almost invincible with DC and a damage reducing skill!

they are. honestly, the y can take a huge amount of abuse. close call really came in handy here. i am tempted if i get spurn and a joint drive, i could give them that too if i don't need the hit and run aspect. 

Busy day today. But in the afternoon I had time to play the map. After 2 hours trying to beat this map, then another 30 minutes trying to remember how I beat the map (lol), here's my clear:

@Landmaster @mampfoid @BoaFerox @mcsilas @DarkAlf

@LordFrigid Nice clear by using the Twin sisters Caeda and Caeda. Of course this wouldn't be possible without Live for Bounty nad it's broken effect.

@Maaka Bartre and Fir did a great job, as always!

@Some Jerk That was great! You have a very nice Silvia, that is both offensive, defensive and also act as a refresher! Robin also did her job very well!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh, Celica was great here! I wonder what will be her refinement!

@Alexmender That was amazing! I was a little confused to why you didn't kill the green armor early and instead played with him and Corrin, moving them around... but that Blazing Thunder strat was so cool! Bonus points for using Shigure's song, which I really love.

@daisy jane I already expect Alm to do a nice job, but Sophia was amazing there! Congrats!

@Hilda Great use of the Askr Trio and Veronica! I hope Veronica's refinementis useful for you in your great videos!

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay @Landmaster @Flying Shogi 

I put Flier Formation on three units for this and removed the Heavy Blade seal from Catria for the first time in a year or so. I actually didn't need to highlight the Bond skills to kill the ninja, so pay that no mind. My original unit for stacking the Bond skills on Valentian Catria was to fight Corrin, but it turns out I didn't need it.  Claude is the second male flier to be featured in my Abyssal clears. Yay!

All of those Flier Formation warps all came in pretty handy for the clear. I'll eventually redeem the free Claude but I'll leave it unclaimed for now.

So... after investing way too much time attempting a clear on Abyssal, I'm calling it quits for now. Corrin is simply way too bulky and fast for my units to ORKO her. I might have to look into a one turn clear for this map...

Edited by Flying Shogi

@Some Jerk Ah the beautiful galeforcing Silvia! Grima did quite a bit of work there, no doubt trying to keep from being completely powercrept by the new colorless legendary dragon. Silvia was definitely the mvp there though. Can't believe she so easily doubled Corrin every round. Great job!

@NSSKG151 Geez those specials... Getting some really big damage off. Actually had to take another look to make sure it was actually Abyssal after seeing some of those hits. Very nice clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Fir was +res/-def before I believe, so not bad, but it didn't help her much. Hope you're excited for the brave Celica refine! Can't wait to see the clears you do with her next! That was some pretty crazy movement you did with wings of mercy and gravity. That was neat how you basically locked down Corrin through most of the map. Awesome clear!

@daisy jane Glad to see close counter coming in handy on Sophia already. I suppose this was as good a reason to with it over close foil, seeing as she decimated legendary corn with that counter-attack. Almica was pretty crazy too. Really making me want to give mine close call right now. Very good job!

@Diovani Bressan Ooo wow null c-disrupt really coming in handy there, although it's weird they attacked into Marth when they were just going to die. The AI seemed to be making some really weird decisions the entire clear. That ruse was quite nice on OG Marth. Glad he got the kill on corn as well. Nice job!

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

All of those Flier Formation warps all came in pretty handy for the clear. I'll eventually redeem the free Claude but I'll leave it unclaimed for now.

So... after investing way too much time attempting a clear on Abyssal, I'm calling it quits for now. Corrin is simply way too bulky and fast for my units to ORKO her. I might have to look into a one turn clear for this map...

It's quite a difficult map... What units are you using for this one?