Legendary Hero Battle Breaks Through: F!Corrin

SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid I never comment on your videos often but seeing a one turn clear with double Caeda is always a treat to see.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear with the Celica and Kagero duo team. I liked how you had Corrin dance around the map before finishing her off. Lookin forward to Brave Celica's refine coming out in a couple weeks?

@Alexmender Hilda looks fast with all those speed skills on her not to mention how she zips about the map with Escape Route. Nice clear with setting Corrin and the axe armor up in such a way that they both got hit by Blazing Thunder.

@GuiltyLove Another great flying team clear. Flier Formation is a fun skill to play around with on Flier teams.

@daisy jane Great clear. Alm and Sophia both are good and tanking damage.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's quite a difficult map... What units are you using for this one?

I somehow managed a clear on Abyssal and within 5 turns no less. Basically chip damage and AoE special is your best friend when the boss has Hardy Bearing. I thought I hated LH!Robin's map but this one was something else.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

A tad bit tricky. Really had  to get aggressive with this one and not be afraid to take some hits. Too many ranged units to avoid them all. For the 999999th time, Troubadours were a mistake.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid - It’s always good when we get a double Caeda clear. Very nice of Naga to lend some Dragonkilling so even Negating Fang couldn’t stop her~

@Maaka - I always want to see Bunny Fir but not at the cost of Claude! But the Rein had its use here. Bartre is just a god slayer, no one is safe.

@Some Jerk - Is this just Claude murder day? Poor boy~ I see you’ve wasted no time in handing out those extra flowers. Grima went pretty bonkers, you don’t often see Dragons have such a vicious player phase. Silvia is the Res champ for hanging on against Corrin and being able to finish her off. Amazing how you maneuvered all the way up to the top of the map. Well done~

@NSSKG151 - I’m jealous of how you were able to set up that easy Turn 1 Enemy Phase. The Annas were able to deal with the enemies pretty easily thanks to Infantry Flash. I enjoyed Phina getting a chance to shine, too. She is great with the DC Null-C~ Nice job!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Zanbato’s not a bad choice for this map with all the annoying Cavs there were. I was wondering how you planned to take on Corrin. Gravity spam was a good idea, giving Kagero and Celica freedom to clear the map while she slowly followed them around. Very well played~

@Alexmender - Double Brazen is always fun (I attempted it but didn’t end up getting it to work). Officer Hilda was a warping Queen for this one. She and Tsubasa always make easy work of the frailer enemies while Eirika nukes pretty much whoever she wants~ Awesome AI manipulation for Eirika to get off the Savage Blow damage and the AOE nuke against Corrin to make it an easy KO for Officer Hilda

@GuiltyLove - Nice to see Claude joining the party. That many FF sounds like a lot of warping fun~ Camilla must have felt some pain in having to be the one to fight Corrin down, but it was the only way. That was a lot of fun warping around and nuking from Catria, Catria, and Claude~

@daisy jane - OHO Sophia time~ Almlica ran house LOL, they’re unstoppable. But no on is a better Colorless and Green wall than Sophia. Probably the best one out there to tank Corrin~ You made that look too easy~

@Diovani Bressan - Double Marth! Null-C was good to have against all the annoying Firesweeps and Flashes. Looked fairly easy, nice work!

@Landmaster  - I know! it was really great to finally see her in action. she's had a few attempts but i wasn't able to make it work - so it was really awesome to actually see her have a starring role here  - and i agree. when it comes to being a wall on colourless/green duty, no one beats Sophia 🙂

this was an amazing clear. I had actually missed that Elise had Minty Cane so i was all lie "the heck? how did she heal? Mira got some mucho action too. i really have to figure out how to get Azura (or whomever) in on the deal. next time lol

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

A tad bit tricky. Really had  to get aggressive with this one and not be afraid to take some hits. Too many ranged units to avoid them all.

Abyssal really forces you be go all in on the offensive like: "We're gonna make a player phase player out of you whether you like it or not."

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

For the 999999th time, Troubadours were a mistake.

Depending on the map, healers are secretly the boss of the map. Don't think I've forgotten about you, Hardy Bearing dagger thieves. They have a huge influence on who gets fielded/which specials to equip as I usually rely on Desperation.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Flying Shogi That Guard Bearing flier looked like a pain to take down if you needed both Cordelia and Nino to do the job. It definitely wasn't a fun map.

I forgot where I heard this but I'm starting to believe that they introduced the skill just so it can be annoying on Abyssal maps. Didn't know the flier had the skill until I realized she wasn't going down to AotB!Hector with his special charged in one of my earlier attempts. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

CYL Claude was used by FreshPanths for his Abyssal strategy. Team of 5* Altina (neutral) with a Fierce Stance 3 seal, 5* Itsuki (neutral) with Astra, Speed +3, Quick Riposte 2, and an Atk/Spd Bond 3 seal, 5* Peony (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, 5* CYL Claude (neutral) with a Death Blow 3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_qINldqNm8.

Likewise, Jorge makes his debut for an Abyssal strategy as さるGames used 5* Eir (neutral) with a Savage Blow 3 seal, 5* Altina (neutral) with a Brazen Atk/Def 3 seal, 5* Jorge (neutral) with Shove and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Peony (neutral) with Wings of Mercy 3 and a Spur Atk/Spd 1 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGm2RJl5Oc.

sukwindallinrush has the closest to a F2P strategy since the others used Altina or CYL Veronica who are not available for newer players as the time period when they were available has since expired. That said, the CYL4 free pick banner will expire in the future and this is not a contest as who has the strategy that works for a player is what matters and it's a Abyssal Legendary Hero Battle that rewards an accessory and not a Limited Hero Battle that rewards a resource. Team of 5* CYL Dimitri (neutral) with Swap and an Attack +3 seal, 5* Itsuki (neutral) with Astra and an Atk/Def Bond 3 seal, 5* Eir (neutral) with a Speed +3 seal, and 5* Peony (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJN6X89Nsw.

@Maaka

I was wondering what was up with Fir’s Spd before I realized it was a Brave Axe set. I’m still wondering what’s up with Bartre’s Spd, though. Nice work!

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Re. no pre-charge on Negating Fang, it looks like it would only be a couple small adjustments: switching Naga’s Hone Spd seal to Chill Atk, and Caeda’s Live for Bounty to Guard. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the math works out on brute forcing through 2 activations...even with Fury 4 + Pegasus Flight, then [xxx]/Res Link  and Chill Def on Naga, she would fall 3 damage short. Curse you, Shield Pulse.

Anyway, nice job on your clear. When in doubt, open Wings of Mercy.exe. I had to stop and think for a second to figure out what the Arceus thumbnail was about. Nanna MVP.

@daisy jane

Huh, it never occurred to me that Sophia totally obliterates this map. I mean, I guess there’s the lance fighter, blue manakete, and Watersweep mage, but other than that, she’s basically free to rampage. Nice job!

@Diovani Bressan

So, what I’m getting here is, Dragonslasher is more useful against Desperation than it is against actual dragons. Seems legit. Marth had a lot of fun with those poor enemy cavalry units. +Style points for that ending formation, nice work!

@NSSKG151

Nice job on your clear, those Annas really tore the place up. That Brave Bow + Infantry Flash + Special Spiral + Glacies setup was nice, as was the Pulse Smoke, getting rid of Negating Fang.

@Landmaster

...but...Elise is a troubadour 😧 .

Nice work on that clear! I see Elise has the Palm Staff back. I guess if the Green Mage had a winning matchup against Summer Elise, he would’ve attacked before the staff Cav healed, but it was still funny that the heal forced him to attack HS Elise...out of the frying pan and into the fire, as they say. I wasn’t paying attention to Elise’s skills and was super surprised when her 1x 19 on the red mage turned into 2x 32 on the player phase. Poor Corrin gets destroyed by Dazzling Staff eating her Negating Fang for free...I like how she totally ignored Mirabilis and ran straight to her demise.

~

They sure put a lot of Celica-unfriendly stuff on this map...Hardy Bearing on Corrin, Dragonslasher thief, Sapphire Lance fighter, Pulse Smoke blue Manak...er, never mind, the Manakete was actually really useful.

Spoiler

Surprisingly, Thrasir did not immediately go for the boss’ throat this time. I actually ended up having her borrow Celica’s opening, which worked out quite nicely.

Spoiler

I’ve been thinking about using team “Alone Together” for a while, but never could get it to work. Earlier iterations of the concept used Sirius and Lethe, but Corrin and Bernadetta work well too. It ended up becoming the Edelgard show, with a strong side act by Mareeta, but honestly, I don’t really mind.

Took a while for me to figure it out how to actually kill Corrin and the right spot to set up to take on the top. Originally figured out a strategy that took a bit longer with the same team then realized I could do this instead. Only really used the duo skill to kill the bottom Mantkete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFMqa9QYXY

Edited by vikingsfan92

Chalk up two more Abyssal strategies using CYL Edelgard. なるおじ used 5* CYL Edelgard (neutral) with a Sturdy Stance 2 seal, 5* Altina (neutral) with a Brazen Atk/Res 3 seal, 5* Eir (neutral) with a Swift Sparrow 2 seal, and 5* Peony (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSgdE3DfTc.

軍師P FEH used 5* CYL Edelgard (neutral) with a Mirror Stance 2 seal, 5* soiree Rinea (neutral) with a Chill Atk 1 seal, 5* Eir (neutral) with a Steady Posture 2 seal, and 5* Peony (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGxJtP-1NE.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:45 AM, DLNarshen said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Your ladies are just as strong as ever, and nice to see Nanna added to the mix this time!  Looking forward to seeing what Celica's refine brings to the table next month.^^

I'm excited for it too. Nanna is a good girl.

@daisy jane Your clear tempts me to give my own Sophia CC... Her performance against Corrin was especially impressive. I've just been using Atk/Res Solo for AR, but I've always thought it might be cool to have CC Sophia for Abyssals. I have spare CC lying around, just not quite pulling the trigger because I don't know when I might need it. Also, damn, you have a lot of +10s, huh.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:20 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh, Celica was great here! I wonder what will be her refinement!

It was mini-Spiral that always activates post combat and Mystic Boost I think, but the ally proximity thing might still be present unfortunately.

NCD on Marth sure is handy. Screw that Flash+. Ruse to prevent Corrin from regaining Negating Fang was a good idea, but I guess you didn't really need that at all since Nowi did so much damage.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Fir was +res/-def before I believe, so not bad, but it didn't help her much. Hope you're excited for the brave Celica refine! Can't wait to see the clears you do with her next! That was some pretty crazy movement you did with wings of mercy and gravity. That was neat how you basically locked down Corrin through most of the map. Awesome clear!

I see, definitely an upgrade now then.

I had already pictured certain scenarios where Celica's upcoming refine would've helped me in this clear, and I think it's promising.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear with the Celica and Kagero duo team. I liked how you had Corrin dance around the map before finishing her off. Lookin forward to Brave Celica's refine coming out in a couple weeks?

Sure am. Veronica's too.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Zanbato’s not a bad choice for this map with all the annoying Cavs there were. I was wondering how you planned to take on Corrin. Gravity spam was a good idea, giving Kagero and Celica freedom to clear the map while she slowly followed them around. Very well played~

Poor Kagero gets doubled by Corn, and there wasn't a lot I could do to adjust for it, so I decided to just forgo all of that business and take advantage of the lack of NCD.

This is probably the most healing I've seen you apply in a clear despite maining a healer, between staff heals, Breath of Life, and BElise's weapon. Mirabillis went to take a nap while the Elises handled Corrin at the end, huh.

By the way, I didn't know there was a full Azura version of Lost in the Waves. Where did you find that?

On 9/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, LordFrigid said:

Re. no pre-charge on Negating Fang, it looks like it would only be a couple small adjustments: switching Naga’s Hone Spd seal to Chill Atk, and Caeda’s Live for Bounty to Guard. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the math works out on brute forcing through 2 activations...even with Fury 4 + Pegasus Flight, then [xxx]/Res Link  and Chill Def on Naga, she would fall 3 damage short. Curse you, Shield Pulse.

Anyway, nice job on your clear. When in doubt, open Wings of Mercy.exe. I had to stop and think for a second to figure out what the Arceus thumbnail was about. Nanna MVP.

So you'd have to rethink it entirely if Negating Fang was pre-charged?

Wings of Meme is always strong indeed. It seems a disappointing surprising amount of people have already forgotten about the Corrin-Arceus jokes.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Zanbato B!Celica, nice and RIP Gray at the same time. It seems this time we used very similar strategies by leaving the refrigerator and Corn until the very end while giving laps around the map. Kagero hungers for those extra 5 DW, but those are really hard to come by I got broke after giving them to +15 Eirika, now Officer Hilda will keep pestering me while the Lyns do farm work at the resort. Anyways, great clear as always!

With how thicc Corrin is, most people seem forced to dance around Corrin like this too. You definitely used more teleporting than I did, since I chose to control space with Gravity instead.

Yeah, flower income is really slow... Hope they fix that later.

Tsubasa must definitely be one of the best WoM users. Her weapon and stuff meshes perfectly with coming in after an ally goes up to get hurt. Eirika finished things off with a bang with the Blazing Thunder, and Hilda decided to go the extra mile on to kill the boss too. What role is Azura again in the "lore"?

48 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wings of Meme is always strong indeed. It seems a disappointing surprising amount of people have already forgotten about the Corrin-Arceus jokes.

Not gonna lie, I didn’t even realize there were Corrin-Arceus jokes. I thought it was a reference to the fact that he uses Gravity in Smash Bros.

Edit: also, for the pre-charged Negating Fang follow-up question, no. She can deal with one activation, since switching Naga’s seal to Chill Atk would take enough punch out of Corrin’s hit to survive, and Guard in her B slot would prevent Corrin from charging up a second one. I was just saying that if I’d wanted to try going for a no-Guard “you mitigated (30% +5) of both my hits and still died” flex, that probably wouldn’t have worked.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

NCD on Marth sure is handy. Screw that Flash+. Ruse to prevent Corrin from regaining Negating Fang was a good idea, but I guess you didn't really need that at all since Nowi did so much damage.

Thanks!

Flash+? Pff, try harder, foes! And yeah, the guard effect may not be needed in the end, but the Def/Res-5 was still welcomed.

Nohrrin shows up to annoy me with OP specials. But that Firesweep bow cav's the real nightmare.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Pirates Veronica/Xander, Lillith, F!Anancorrin and Rinkah and Infernal cleared with BersIker, Chrombow, Y!Merric and Tethys.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Your clear tempts me to give my own Sophia CC... Her performance against Corrin was especially impressive. I've just been using Atk/Res Solo for AR, but I've always thought it might be cool to have CC Sophia for Abyssals. I have spare CC lying around, just not quite pulling the trigger because I don't know when I might need it. Also, damn, you have a lot of +10s, huh

yeah - I am still hoping that we can get bracing stance 3 in the regular summoning pool, because i feel that will help her a lot against a lot of her other threats, but Maaka told me that Sophia would do well with it. (and I had close foil around. but w/o the ability to hit dragons back eehhhh). what we need is Close Ward. LOL. I was really impressed on how she dealt with Corrin. (It actually makes me hopeful that in the next year we can get another 3 raven tome units that can do equally as well. 

Hmm... hmm i don't know. I mean. once i get 200K feathers i usually merge up someone i like. (and now with Limited battles and all, i am trying to remember to do games I don't have or where i have weaknesses). 🙂  

@Maaka Thats one super fast bartre. Or rather two super fast Batre's. They can even keep up with the new Corrin.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Poor Corrin has a rough time with all that gravity. That axe general felt like the true final boss of that map.

@Diovani Bressan OG Marth was great as a support, but nice to see he got the killing blow too.

@Landmaster This is the first time I see the minty canes on Elise. A new toy? I can see how it was a challenging map for team Elise, but did good facing off all those units attacking from range.
-------
Its a busy week so I haven't put any time into Abyssal yet, but my team Sharena is still managing to clear the infernal version. Perhaps the new boon/bane changes will allow them to play along on Abyssal too one day.

@Maaka Thanks. I was surprised how hard they hit. Even with weapon triangle advantage it was a nice one round.

I also managed to do my Abyssal run. This time with all 3 of the araphen orphans. I did't expect to get very far, but they did well for themselves. Alfonse and Sharena probably put in the most work in this clear though.

But oof that colourless dagger user is a jerk. Panic ploy, super high speed and high res.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Diovani Bressan 

@Flying Shogi and @Unknown Gamer11 for the Lugh and Raigh

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I also managed to do my Abyssal run. This time with all 3 of the araphen orphans. I did't expect to get very far, but they did well for themselves. Alfonse and Sharena probably put in the most work in this clear though.

Can't say you see Miracle being used every day in an Abyssal clear. Melon Float is surprisingly useful if the unit is carefully managed to only see combat once per phase. 

@LordFrigid - There is a Genny stan who firmly states that Healers were a mistake, I agree 100%!

Had to hit up that Thief with the trap, I see. Pretty big brained as always~ I didn’t expect a single Dragon Fang to be enough to nuke Corrin, but the Savage Blow chip damage certainly helped.

Nice work from Thrasir, much easier to deal with all of the dragons this time around. That Red Thief is a nuisance no matter who’s fighting him, Red Thieves were also a mistake~

This is a pretty scary team just looking at it. Would have never expected Bernie to be tanking a Thief but that Spd on her is wild. Edelgard stomping the hell out of Corrin was not something I ever expected to see, but it was pretty great. I love how everyone on this team is just Shoving each other around like they’re doing their damnest to get everyone else away from them, LOL~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - It was in another video I saw and found the full song. But I just found out it’s blocked in some countries, including mine. If you go in the video, the link is in the description, but I can’t see it anymore. I couldn’t fine anyone else with the full song, either.

@Sasori - I think I’ve used Minty Cane in a clear before, but it may have been something pretty minor, I think this is the first Abyssal appearance of it.

Will be nice to see Sharena enjoying a Boon soon. For now, she is able to manage fine without one still. Raigh is insane, I’m always impressed with how good he is at tanking and how strong those Glacies procs are.

Nice to see Sharena brought her brother and the other two orphans with her for the Abyssal run~ Nice Melon Float for Lugh, that’s a pretty nice toy on him. I see you also brought out the Cane for Chad, with Mystic Boost, that really makes him hard to kill. A lot of close calls for this run but this team worked really well together to get it done, congrats!