Create a non-seasonal alt for the lords

Fabulously Olivier

The rules

Non-Seasonal

By non-seasonal, I mean serious in tone. This means that it should be similar to Legendary, Brave, or Fallen alts in nature, and be part of either the permanent summoning pool or legendary/mythic pool.

Lords

Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Elincia, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri constitute lords for our purposes.

Given their role, lord-adjacent characters like the Hoshidan/Nohrian families, Julia, Deirdre, Lilina, and Yuri may also be used.

Must Change Character Type

The alt must give that character either a new weapon type, a new movement type, or both.

Starting with my first example, Desperate Heroes.

These alts display the lords taking up the arms of their fallen comrades in dark alternate timelines.

Ephraim - Ferocious Dragoon (Lance Flier)

Following the death of Cormag, Ephraim took up his mount, becoming a mighty wyvern knight with Siegmund in tow.

Prf = Sky Siegmund

Edelgard - Dark Empress (Armored Red Tome)

The death of Hubert set Edelgard down a desperate path. She embraced forbidden magics to win the war for Fodlan's future. Prf = Apocalypse

Sigurd - Broken Knight (Armored Sword)

Surviving the deaths of all of his comrades, including his steed, has weighed heavily on his heart. Sigurd is a broken man with a bloody blade.

Prf - Vengeful Tyrfing

Micaiah - Fallen Sparrow (Infantry Dagger)

The death of Sothe broke Micaiah thoroughly. She took up his dagger and swore to take vengeance on Ike.

Prf = Bloody Peshkatz

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Alm the Conqueror. In this alternate reality, Alm, now the Emperor of Valentia and encouraged by the increasingly fanatical religious tendencies of Empress Celica, sets his sights across the ocean. He would be a hyper-offensive axe cavalry, both in reference to but as a point of differentiation to Walhart, who failed the same conquest. He faces an incredibly fragmented foe, with a weathered Marth barely able to hold together the hugely disparate cultures that the foolish abdications have burdened him with, and fierce independence movements rising up in all corners.

Okay so I'm just looking for an excuse to have my much-coveted Galeforce axe cavalry. I suppose the whole idea could be extended into a full banner, but I have no real image of who the supporting players would be. Maybe an armoured healer Celica in the style of a Lady MacBeth and an armoured Marth on the precipice of a breakdown with some early suggestions of doing a Hardin. The only thing keeping him and the realm together, then is the diplomatic skill of his wife: the blue mage Queen Maria on her noble steed. Okay so that last one is kinda against the rules, but I think it helps convey the fact of this world really being Not Quite Right. Plus I just made all these up as I was typing them. Man, I can't believe I'm suggesting two armoured units and yet another sword Marth, but I don't think we have any dragonslayer sword armours yet?

And yeah, this would probably be better as a CK3 mod. I'm watching a CK3 stream as I type this, which probably explains the whole theme of it.

Edited by Humanoid

Leif, crusader of earth

I was inspired by the cipher card where he holds the gae bolg, in this timeline leif has major holy blood, he gets his holy weapon after he has killed Travant. His class is still master knight

Edited by Mecha Wilson

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

We already have a Create a Hero Thread for this.

Is it mini-modding to call out mini-modding? Asking for a friend.

You know, more constrained rules have merits of their own, right? If we prevented any point of discussion because another thread exists that fills that purpose, we may as well not have any threads other than the FE Heroes general discussion. Focused topics are fun.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Ephraim, Hector, Lyn, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Elincia, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri constitute lords for our purposes.

Double Ephraim: Ephraim but Twice

It's a bound hero or twin hero or double hero whatever its called, except its just two Ephraims.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Is it mini-modding to call out mini-modding.

You know, more constrained rules have merits of their own, right? If we prevented any point of discussion because another thread exists that fills that purpose, we may as well not have any threads other than the FE Heroes general discussion. Focused topics are fun.

Yes, but allowing too many narrow topics when a broad topic already exists would overwhelm the front page of the forums. It is the reason why we have a broad topic like Official Pull Topic or Ask Questions Thread so the forums is not spammed by short threads with little to no discussion when a larger, broader thread will do to compile it all.

I do kinda feel like this could be part of that create a hero thread, but this is still a fun idea.

Ike: Father's Successor

He'd be wearing the Hero garb he has in RD and come with Ettard. Is about the level of his legendary self, but not as stupid good as Fallen Ike. lol

Elincia: Golden Queen

This is legendary Elincia. She's a flying healer wielding Matrona and her unique skill is Crimea's Might. It buffs infantry and cavalry since Crimea's army seems to be made up of mostly those unit types. There were some armors, but most of them seemed to be sided with Ludveck.

Claude: Alliance's Buck

This is legendary Claude. He wields Failnaught, of course. He comes with Golden Deer Rule as his unique skill to complete that set that Edelgard and Dimitri started with Black Eagle Rule and Blue Lion Rule. "Buck" in his title refers to a male deer, naturally. lol

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do kinda feel like this could be part of that create a hero thread, but this is still a fun idea.

Ike: Father's Successor

He'd be wearing the Hero garb he has in RD and come with Ettard. Is about the level of his legendary self, but not as stupid good as Fallen Ike. lol

Elincia: Golden Queen

This is legendary Elincia. She's a flying healer wielding Matrona and her unique skill is Crimea's Might. It buffs infantry and cavalry since Crimea's army seems to be made up of mostly those unit types. There were some armors, but most of them seemed to be sided with Ludveck.

Claude: Alliance's Buck

This is legendary Claude. He wields Failnaught, of course. He comes with Golden Deer Rule as his unique skill to complete that set that Edelgard and Dimitri started with Black Eagle Rule and Blue Lion Rule. "Buck" in his title refers to a male deer, naturally. lol

Genuinely forgot that Ettard existed.

Also, is Claude an infantry in this case? Wielding the Failnaught means he needs a new movement type to meet the rules.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Genuinely forgot that Ettard existed.

Also, is Claude an infantry in this case? Wielding the Failnaught means he needs a new movement type to meet the rules.

It's kinda easy to forget Ettard, I suppose, since Ike is way more iconic with Ragnell. lol

Why? I don't remember anything saying Failnaught can't be wielded by a flier. Claude would be on a wyvern like he is in Verdant Wind.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why? I don't remember anything saying Failnaught can't be wielded by a flier. Claude would be on a wyvern like he is in Verdant Wind.

Hmm. You have a point. Neither of his versions in Heroes wield it.

The rule was different weapon type or movement type. But I think that's fine. Since it is something new. The rule really existed to prevent yet another version of armored Hector with Armads ... or infantry Ike with Ragnell. Boring stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Hmm. You have a point. Neither of his versions in Heroes wield it.

The rule was different weapon type or movement type. But I think that's fine. Since it is something new. The rule really existed to prevent yet another version of armored Hector with Armads.

Oh, I see. I didn't read the post all the way through, my bad. But yeah, both Failnaught and Ettard would be new to Heroes (bringing up both because that Hero garb Ike would be another infantry sword Ike).

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. I didn't read the post all the way through, my bad. But yeah, both Failnaught and Ettard would be new to Heroes (bringing up both because that Hero garb Ike would be another infantry sword Ike).

It might be fun to make Ettard Ike a cavalry too. Young Greil's Cipher card is on a horse.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It might be fun to make Ettard Ike a cavalry too. Young Greil's Cipher card is on a horse.

That's not a bad idea. Ike might have learned a bit about riding from Titania too as well as Greil then.

Byleth: Fodlan's Restoration
This is Brave Byleth, having a similar concept to the other Three Houses Brave alts, being after the ending of a particular route, with this one being from Silver Snow. This Byleth is in his Enlightened One class, being an Infantry Blue Tome unit with Abraxas equipped (Byleth doesn't learn Abraxas, but Abraxas is more three-houses specific and we got a lot of people using Aura already), a bit of a Jack of All stats with Close Counter on his weapon.

Robin: Grandmaster of Thunder
Brave Robin, while an Infantry Sword unit that is very common due to using his Levin Sword, he would be a bit more of a Mage unit in the body of a sword unit, with a weapon that targets Res and has Distant Counter.

I've been craving another brave tome wielder for quite a long time now, so I'd love to see Celica actually using Celica's Wind. I wouldn't even be too pushed if it were Awakening's Hentai!Celica.

Either Egelgard or Dimitri alt using the Oath Dagger. Or perhaps both of them as a Duo unit.

You know it would be nice to see the Mani Katti in the game and have an actually good version of sword Lyn, much as a campaigner for Bow Lyn that I am. Though I guess that violates the must be a different weapon or movement type clause...so Lyn and Florina as a duo flying unit with Lyn in the lead using the Mani Katti (well either that or we just put Glass in the game, which I would legit prefer but it seems much less likely).

Give me Hector with a proper beard from Sword of Seals. I don't even care what weapon he's using. Just give me a proper old Hector (and sickly Eliwood).

56 minutes ago, RomanFlour said:

Byleth: Fodlan's Restoration
This is Brave Byleth, having a similar concept to the other Three Houses Brave alts, being after the ending of a particular route, with this one being from Silver Snow. This Byleth is in his Enlightened One class, being an Infantry Blue Tome unit with Abraxas equipped (Byleth doesn't learn Abraxas, but Abraxas is more three-houses specific and we got a lot of people using Aura already), a bit of a Jack of All stats with Close Counter on his weapon.

Robin: Grandmaster of Thunder
Brave Robin, while an Infantry Sword unit that is very common due to using his Levin Sword, he would be a bit more of a Mage unit in the body of a sword unit, with a weapon that targets Res and has Distant Counter.

I'd like to see Sword Robin too, but let's face it, Robin is so diverse as a unit and that's completely lost in Heroes. Robin wouldn't need to be sword infantry. They could be sword cavalry or even  a sword flier. After all everyone just loves Awakening's Dark Knight design...

Edited by Jotari

Why not Chrom & Lucina as a duo unit, with their attacks from Project X Zone 2 copied down to the slightest detail?

🤩

It'd be entertaining, who cares if it's Sword Infantry again?😗But you can make it Lance Infantry maybe.

For a more serious lord alt, I wouldn't mind a Seliph alt indicative of his notionally worldly nature. But it would be too disparate for him to appear in a combination of: Verdanian (mother's homeland), Agustrian (birthplace), Silessean (a few months of his infancy), Issachan (where he grew up), and lastly Grannvalian, clothes. And beside the impossibly of cohesion, that blend of costume wouldn't be so felt, because there mostly aren't overly national fashions in FE. Weapon/movement types are an afterthought to this idea, but flexible. His mother's Aura (Minor Naga Blood, yay!) on a fine Agustrian horse, in Shannan's robes?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why not Chrom & Lucina as a duo unit, with their attacks from Project X Zone 2 copied down to the slightest detail?

🤩

It'd be entertaining, who cares if it's Sword Infantry again?😗But you can make it Lance Infantry maybe.

For a more serious lord alt, I wouldn't mind a Seliph alt indicative of his notionally worldly nature. But it would be too disparate for him to appear in a combination of: Verdanian (mother's homeland), Agustrian (birthplace), Silessean (a few months of his infancy), Issachan (where he grew up), and lastly Grannvalian, clothes. And beside the impossibly of cohesion, that blend of costume wouldn't be so felt, because there mostly aren't overly national fashions in FE. Weapon/movement types are an afterthought to this idea, but flexible. His mother's Aura (Minor Naga Blood, yay!) on a fine Agustrian horse, in Shannan's robes?

Stick him on a pegasus for Silessea, give him an axe for Verdane, give it Mystoltin's (or however it's spelled) Special Spiral effect for Agustria and give it dragon effectiveness for Grannvale. Lastly have him dressed as Awakening's samurai Seliph for Iassch.

Great Lord Chrom - Lance Infantry

Luna Lance. Grants Luna-esque effect (Kind of like L!Alm but lance). For laughs he can get Sol as his special so he has both Sol and Luna in his kit, like how Aether combines the two. A faster, blue melee Chrom.

Griffon Rider Male Robin (the forgotten mounted class....) - Axe Flier

Either a choice of Volant Axe (such a nice-looking axe.. Effective against fliers), Helswath (or Awakening version if the FE4 boss with it will never come) or Vengeance Axe. High Spd axe flier with decent defenses.

Yes I know Levin Sword...which leads me to..

Grandmaster Female Robin - Sword Infantry (so she can be in the regular pool)

Male Robin overshadows her usually in overall media, so this will give her the spotlight with her signature weapon. Probably a semi-sword version of Crusher (adaptive damage but instead of Rally Mov, she gives a +4 in combat omni-boost to herself/target when using a Rally). Has DC and a Rally Atk/Res+ (so can give up to +10 Atk/Res on target). Leans to Atk/Res/Spd stats.

Paladin Lucina - Sword Cavalry

Sol Sword. Basically Forsyth's weapon but a sword (and her being more mobile). High Speed/Res Lucina on a horse with decent Def. OR Noble Rapier (anti-cav/armour but instead of Vantage it grants Desperation to go with her speed).

Hector - Axe Infantry/Cavalry

Comes with Wolf Beil which is anti-cav/armour. Pretty much Hector that you start with (or could be old man Hector using a nostalgic weapon). Or for something interesting, Hector on a horse (taught by Eliwood? Same energy as Horse Chrom lol)

Celica - Colourless Tome Infantry

Ragnarok Omega. Has in built Lull Spd/Res and ignores Guard. Have fun. Basically colourless LCelica with more Res/Spd for less of HP and slighlty less Atk.

Edited by mcsilas

12 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Double Ephraim: Ephraim but Twice

It's a bound hero or twin hero or double hero whatever its called, except its just two Ephraims.

To take this idea and actually put a serious spin on it, Takumi and Takumi. With the Duo skill being deal 10 damage and inflict panic on enemies. So we can finally get a fallen Takumi who's actually decent.

King of Granvelle Seliph as an armored lance. This is Seliph after defeating the Lopto Church and ascending to the throne. Wearing a heavy armor and a lance make for him he focuses on keeping the peace he fought so hard for. 

Lady of Ostia Lilina (using her cool Cipher artwork) as an Armored red mage with a Forblaze Alt. After the war with Bern she took her father's role at Ostia and proudly uses the Forblaze as her father had told her stories about it's original user Athos. 

Hagemon Husk Edelgard, Colourless Flying beast. At the losing side of the war, Edelgard gave up her own humanity to ensure her victory over Dimitri becoming a monster that can use the full power of her crests (it may be canon but it's still a great idea and I want to see it more than any other alt of hers). 

Edited by SuperNova125

How the heck is Elincia considered a lord? In PoR she doesn't actually take to the field until way late in the game (being more of a Nyna, really, with her whole "my country is in danger please help -- oh but I'm not going to do anything"), and in RD, she's one of many who fill the role (of "lord") throughout the game. (Heck, even Lucia fills this role at least once.) I'd say that the Tellius lords are Ike (PoR), Micaiah (RD) and maybe Sothe (RD) (though he's more like a Jeigan, really.)

Anyway, how about Mage for a Day? (Alternate event title: Hit the Books!) Lords who try their hand at filling the role of their associated mage friends in order to better understand what they go through in fulfilling their roles.

Alfonse: History Student. In an effort to understand his good friend Bruno better and to help him in his research of Embla's history, Alfonse has taken up an ancient Emblian tome to see what he can learn. His design will be based off of Bruno's outfit. Cavalry blue tome. Uses some new Emblian tome.

Ike: Straightforward Tactics. As much as Ike is sincerely trying to gain an appreciation for and understanding of Soren's tactical genius, his own abilities remain better suited to physical might. His outfit is based on Soren's sage design (PoR or RD; I don't care which, though this is Ike somewhere between his PoR and RD selves.) Infantry colorless dagger. Technically he's using a wind tome, but he's just chucking it at his foes instead of casting magic. Let's call this the "Flying Tome."

Ephraim: Attempting Immersion. Still having difficulty with his studies, Lyon has suggested trying to combine study with combat so that the books can hold Ephraim's interest (though Ephraim still struggles quite a bit with controlling his magic.) Outfit based on Lyon's design. Infantry green tome. Nothing specific on exactly which weapon.

Seliph: Half-brother Harmony. Hoping to gain a better understanding of his half-brother Julius, Seliph has decided to try his hand at arcane arts. Outfit based on Julius' design. Armored red tome. Wields a fire tome. (Dad would be proud. Especially if it's Meteor or something.)

TT:

Marth: Altean Library-goer. Having many friends such as Merric and Linde, Marth has decided to read up on the kinds of spells they use in order to gain a better appreciation for them. His outfit will be based on Merric's primarily, with touches of Linde's. Infantry colorless tome. The animation looks like a weaker but combined version of Excalibur and Aura.

Bonus: if Sothe was counted, one of him with a design based on Micaiah's outfit. He'd rock those long black gloves and burgundy tunic. He could be a blue tome unit with flashy (har har) light spells.

Edit: Added a weapon name for Ike's dagger.

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

How the heck is Elincia considered a lord? In PoR she doesn't actually take to the field until way late in the game (being more of a Nyna, really, with her whole "my country is in danger please help -- oh but I'm not going to do anything"), and in RD, she's one of many who fill the role (of "lord") throughout the game. (Heck, even Lucia fills this role at least once.) I'd say that the Tellius lords are Ike (PoR), Micaiah (RD) and maybe Sothe (RD) (though really he's more like a Jeigan, really.)

Anyway, how about Mage for a Day? (Alternate event title: Hit the Books!) Lords who try their hand at filling the role of their associated mage friends in order to better understand what they go through in fulfilling their roles.

Alfonse: History Student. In an effort to understand his good friend Bruno better and to help him in his research of Embla's history, Alfonse has taken up an ancient Emblian tome to see what he can learn. His design will be based off of Bruno's outfit. Cavalry blue tome. Uses some new Emblian tome.

Ike: Straightforward Tactics. As much as Ike is sincerely trying to gain an appreciation for and understanding of Soren's tactical genius, his own abilities remain better suited to physical might. His outfit is based on Soren's sage design (PoR or RD; I don't care which, though this is Ike somewhere between his PoR and RD selves.) Infantry colorless dagger. Technically he's using a wind tome, but he's just chucking it at his foes instead of casting magic.

Ephraim: Attempting Immersion. Still having difficulty with his studies, Lyon has suggested trying to combine study with combat so that the books can hold Ephraim's interest (though Ephraim still struggles quite a bit with controlling his magic.) Outfit based on Lyon's design. Infantry green tome. Nothing specific on exactly which weapon.

Seliph: Half-brother Harmony. Hoping to gain a better understanding of his half-brother Julius, Seliph has decided to try his hand at arcane arts. Outfit based on Julius' design. Armored red tome. Wields a fire tome. (Dad would be proud. Especially if it's Meteor or something.)

TT:

Marth: Altean Library-goer. Having many friends such as Merric and Linde, Marth has decided to read up on the kinds of spells they use in order to gain a better appreciation for them. His outfit will be based on Merric's primarily, with touches of Linde's. Infantry colorless tome. The animation looks like a weaker but combined version of Excalibur and Aura.

Bonus: if Sothe was counted, one of him with a design based on Micaiah's outfit. He'd rock those long black gloves and burgundy tunic. He could be a blue tome unit with flashy (har har) light spells.

IS did put her (and Lilina) on that lord banner despite it already being like 50% red units, so *shrug* don't know what the criteria is but they consider her a lord. Maybe because despite being a blatant Nyna archtype she's actually has far more availability than the other Nynas...despite being around for like only two maps. And when you get down to it the Nyna archetype basically is just a co lord, only a largely unplayable one. The royals from Fates don't really have all that much sensible reason to be considered traditional lords from a story or game perspective yet they are pretty widely treated as such too.