So since Mario 3D all stars is a thing, what if they did a fire emblem style thing like this?

Faellin

Basically including DS shadow dragon, path of radiance, and awakening all upscaled and updated for the switch. Would this be worth a 60$ price tag? While also releasing individual ports of the GBA games and radiant dawn as seperate purchases on the eshop.

Reasoning for those 3 in particular being part of the collection: SD being the original, very fitting for this. PoR being the series first foray into 3D and being a very popular game in the series. And awakening being what saved the franchise, it would be fitting to include in this as a fully upscaled rerelease with updated graphics.

Skipping New Mystery and Radiant Dawn the way they skipped Galaxy 2 definitely hits that same vibe of "you underestimate how little we care"

My FE All-Stars would be the three SNES games, fully translated, but with no other excessive alterations. Then watch fans clamor for the GBA trilogy as a followup. Then Tellius, DS, 3DS, you get the picture. Of course we are still waiting to see if Echoes was part of a sub-series of remakes. If it is, then my idea doesn't mesh with that at all. And I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority of wanting translated ports over remakes. Mainly because ports would be cheaper to buy and take far less time to make, leaving valuable time for IS to make new games.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Why would you not include Radiant Dawn?

It sold really poorly to the point that even Berwick Saga did better despite not being sold in North America; I'm not sure that the fanbase in Japan has shifted its perspective. Then again, none of the games in the franchise have sold particularly well pre-awakening. Maybe resellin them would yield different results?

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Basically including DS shadow dragon, path of radiance, and awakening all upscaled and updated for the switch. Would this be worth a 60$ price tag? While also releasing individual ports of the GBA games and radiant dawn as seperate purchases on the eshop.

Reasoning for those 3 in particular being part of the collection: SD being the original, very fitting for this. PoR being the series first foray into 3D and being a very popular game in the series. And awakening being what saved the franchise, it would be fitting to include in this as a fully upscaled rerelease with updated graphics.

If we're getting anything like that then give me a legal New Mystery to play.

I'm fine with this purely because New Mystery's getting skipped and provides another chance for Shadow Dragon. NM shoudn't be localized, or it increases the odds of Intsys pretending that game has value.

i wouldn't like it at all

Fire Emblem is not Super Mario, a collection of random games wouldn't really work for FE the way it works for Mario imo

actually, i don't want FE Remasters to ever be a thing: Remakes have much more value, and some titles ABSOLUTELY need one

and no, i wouldn't like a "PoR+RD Remaster Colletion" either: RD is still decently good-looking, but PoR needs a remake, those models aged really bad

I'd like to see it with the golden age games (FE7-10) specifically. Could even be two collections of 7 & 8 (via Switch online or as a $20-30 release) and 9 & 10 (as a $40-60 release).

I would not buy Shadow Dragon again unless it was given a full Echoes remake with story and support improvements. I'm sorry, but it just wasn't good.

And Awakening is still very relevant and very obtainable. I might buy an upscaled Switch port, but I also wouldn't be especially excited.

Also, I would not want this as a tradeoff for Echoes remakes. It could be a fun little hold-over until these games could get the proper remake treatment, but I think each and every game from FE1-FE10 deserves a modernized version.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

21 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Skipping New Mystery and Radiant Dawn the way they skipped Galaxy 2 definitely hits that same vibe of "you underestimate how little we care"

Fat Purple Luma is on suicide watch.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a limited remaster of a game I can play on another system. Which, for me, is all three of the Fire Emblem games you listed. Assuming the graphical updates are similar to what Mario is doing (SM64 still looks blocky), and there are no gameplay changes, it's not worth it for me.

Now, if they want to finally localize some of the Japan-only titles, I'll gladly buy those. I'd prefer remakes, but I'd accept a port/remaster.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'd like to see it with the golden age games (FE7-10) specifically. Could even be two collections of 7 & 8 (via Switch online or as a $20-30 release) and 9 & 10 (as a $40-60 release).

I would not buy Shadow Dragon again unless it was given a full Echoes remake with story and support improvements. I'm sorry, but it just wasn't good.

And Awakening is still very relevant and very obtainable. I might buy an upscaled Switch port, but I also wouldn't be especially excited.

Also, I would not want this as a tradeoff for Echoes remakes. It could be a fun little hold-over until these games could get the proper remake treatment, but I think each and every game from FE1-FE10 deserves a modernized version.

Unfortunately due to Marth's games already receiving remakes and treated as modern titles by Intsys side by side with Awakening, SOV and Fates. I highly doubt Marth's games will get Echoes' treatment. Which I'm fine with since New Mystery blows and giving it another chance would likely make garbage like Kris and Michalis' retcon more widespread.

Along with that, any future remakes of Archanea run into a lot of roadblocks. The cast bloat for example is a major issue and gimped the cast of Radiant Dawn due to the sheer amount of characters. The Archanea games post BS FE just didn't know when to STOP ADDING CHARACTERS. Characters that struggle to serve a purpose of fleshing others out nonetheless. 

Edited by Seazas

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno. The first 7 games were never localized, and it does not seem like they have any plans to do so. Also Fire Emblem’s most critically acclaimed titles were the 3DS and 3 Houses, and I think they are far too young to encourage a remaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Fire Emblem: Fates Awakened, a compilation remake of Awakening and Fates with updated visuals and support convos on par with TH, as well as some bonus content. For starters, I'd like to see the rest of the second-gen units in Fates with new names like with Owain/Odin, Severa/Serena, and Inigo/Laslow. Three of them would side with Nohr, six would side with Hoshido, and one - Morgan - would be neutral. Furthermore, the additional males - Gerome, Brady, Laurent, and Yarne - would have kids just as Odin and Laslow do.

Awakening gives fighters two secondary classes while Fates gives them one secondary class with the ability to access their spouse and best friend's classes through the use of seals. Between the two, I prefer Fates' class system, including the ability to share classes between units who are close to each other, and so I'd rework Awakening's class system to more closely match Fates'.

Some other tweaks I'd make:

• Chrom and Cordelia have C-S Supports and can now marry.
  • Azura and Camilla have C-A+ Supports.
  • Rinkah has +20% to HP and strength growth.
  • Benny's A+ class issue is fixed; Arthur now gives him Cavalier, and Keaton gives him Oni Savage. Originally, they both just gave him Fighter, which he already has.
Edited by Lord_Brand

On 9/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, zarathusta said:

I'd like to see a port of the tellius games and 3ds ports of all the 3ds games l doubt snes games will ever get officially translated

In a world where Gaiden, of all things, gets a full remake, anything is possible. Also, wouldn't 3DS ports of the 3DS games be redundant?

On 9/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, Lord_Brand said:

For starters, I'd like to see the rest of the second-gen units in Fates with new names like with Owain/Odin, Severa/Serena, and Inigo/Laslow. Three of them would side with Nohr, six would side with Hoshido, and one - Morgan - would be neutral. Furthermore, the additional males - Gerome, Brady, Laurent, and Yarne - would have kids just as Odin and Laslow do.

I'm confused by how this would help the game, and the world in which it's set. The Awakening trio already have next-to-no connection to Fateslandia, and now we're throwing in more characters who are just fighting for the heck of it? And/or because a dragon told them to? Fates already has a large enough cast, there's no need to borrow more from Awakening.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, Lord_Brand said:

Awakening gives fighters two secondary classes while Fates gives them one secondary class with the ability to access their spouse and best friend's classes through the use of seals. Between the two, I prefer Fates' class system, including the ability to share classes between units who are close to each other, and so I'd rework Awakening's class system to more closely match Fates'.

This much, I'm certainly game for. Also doing stuff like Offspring Seals on Awakening kids, no more infini-leveling, and Pair Up working in Fates-style. As for Fates, I'd love to see it get individual weapon icons like Awakening offers, as well as voice touches during support conversations. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm confused by how this would help the game, and the world in which it's set. The Awakening trio already have next-to-no connection to Fateslandia, and now we're throwing in more characters who are just fighting for the heck of it? And/or because a dragon told them to? Fates already has a large enough cast, there's no need to borrow more from Awakening.

Mostly, it'd be for the sake of coolness. The fact three of them already got in opened the door to what-if scenarios where the other ten join them. Obviously they can't all join Nohr, so my figuring is that six of them join Hoshido instead, and together they try to keep the war from escalating too far.

My choices for their classes, alignment, and offspring would be thus:

Spoiler
  • Lumina (Lucina) - Samurai, Cavalier, *Lord
  • Barei (Brady) - Monk, Troubadour, *Diviner
    • A son named Gan (together, they form the term "ganbare", meaning "hang in there")
  • Kellen (Kjelle) - Knight, Oni Savage, *Cavalier
  • Celia (Cynthia) - Sky Knight, Knight, *Shrine Maiden
  • Gerald (Gerome) - Wyvern Rider, Oni Savage, *Monk
    • A son named Gordon
  • Morgan - Tactician, Varies, *Varies (faction counterpart of secondary class)
  • Wule (Yarne) - Taguel, Fighter, *Outlaw
    • A daughter named Linne (derived from "linen", and a reference to Panne)
  • Renzu (Laurent) - Diviner, Dark Mage, *Troubadour
    • A daughter named Miru
  • Kuro (Noire) - Archer, Dark Mage, *Knight
  • Nein (Nah) - Manakete, Diviner, *Wyvern Rider

Each of the 13 could also have a secret class (marked by an * above) that's accessible by reading save data from Awakening. Odin's Awakening Class would be Monk, Selena's would be Dark Mage, and Laslow's would be Fighter. In Morgan's case, it is the opposite-faction counterpart to their secondary class, so if for example Morgan's secondary class is Diviner, their secret class will be Dark Mage. If it's Fighter, then Oni Savage. And so forth.

Edited by Lord_Brand

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Mostly, it'd be for the sake of coolness. The fact three of them already got in opened the door to what-if scenarios where the other ten join them. Obviously they can't all join Nohr, so my figuring is that six of them join Hoshido instead, and together they try to keep the war from escalating too far.

My choices for their classes, alignment, and offspring would be thus:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Lumina (Lucina) - Samurai, Cavalier, *Lord
  • Barei (Brady) - Monk, Troubadour, *Diviner
    • A son named Gan (together, they form the term "ganbare", meaning "hang in there")
  • Kellen (Kjelle) - Knight, Oni Savage, *Cavalier
  • Celia (Cynthia) - Sky Knight, Knight, *Shrine Maiden
  • Gerald (Gerome) - Wyvern Rider, Oni Savage, *Monk
    • A son named Gordon
  • Morgan - Tactician, Varies, *Varies (faction counterpart of secondary class)
  • Wule (Yarne) - Taguel, Fighter, *Outlaw
    • A daughter named Linne (derived from "linen", and a reference to Panne)
  • Renzu (Laurent) - Diviner, Dark Mage, *Troubadour
    • A daughter named Miru
  • Kuro (Noire) - Archer, Dark Mage, *Knight
  • Nein (Nah) - Manakete, Diviner, *Wyvern Rider

Each of the 13 could also have a secret class (marked by an * above) that's accessible by reading save data from Awakening. Odin's Awakening Class would be Monk, Selena's would be Dark Mage, and Laslow's would be Fighter. In Morgan's case, it is the opposite-faction counterpart to their secondary class, so if for example Morgan's secondary class is Diviner, their secret class will be Dark Mage. If it's Fighter, then Oni Savage. And so forth.

Speaking plainly, this is something that has no draw to me. I'm already satisfied with the Fates cast, and don't wish for any more linkages with the settings of other FE games. Having said that, it's clear it's something you've thought a lot on, and I'm not one to discourage creativity. But in terms of Secret Classes, why not make it based off of who their variable parent is in Awakening? Like, if you pair Lissa with Stahl, the Odin's secret class would be Cavalier. Or if Lucina's mom is Sumia, then she can go Sky Knight.

Just give me Path of Radiance and I'll be content. I hate running the game on an emulator.

This thread also made me realize Awakening has been out for what like 8 or 7 years? Man, it feels like it didn't come out that long ago. Time goes fast.