Special Heroes Arrive! To Stay Dreaming (Sept. 8th)

Anacybele

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A clean Genealogy sweep for this banner, and I and many others were right in guessing that the silhouette preview was Sigurd and Deirdre! Sigurd/Deirdre look nice, and Ethlyn looks good. Quan and Lachesis look okay, but definitely not at the same level as S/D and Ethlyn. Cool we're getting Eldigan for free.

I'm not sure if I'll spend orbs on this banner or not. I kinda wanna wait and just save up some orbs, but I do like the character selections here.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting any of these peeps since I have a lot of interest in FE4, and in Sigurd in particular. Definitely going to be going for him and Deirdre primarily.

Gonna pick up Lachesis as per demote tradition, and the duo as per duo tradition. 

Quan’s art... err, it looks... like a doodle, compared to the rest of the banner. I know it’s that artist’s style, but... umm... it stands out rather harshly.

I am excited to see how Eldigan looks though 👀 hoping for nice art!!

First cav dancer in the game, I could use one so I am pulling.  Eldigan is free so I am happy since I really like him.  I am glad FE4 finally get a seasonal banner it deserved some alts.

FE4 needed seasonal alts so I am fine with them having the whole banner to themselves. Makes it easier for me to skip since I don't know any of the characters. Another free flying dancer is nice, hopefully Eldigan bring decent fodder with him. Dancer Sigurd doesn't look too crazy. I could probably deal with him easily if I see him in Arena. In fact him being a red tome cavalry unit might make it easier to bait him out.

Holy shit. Lachesis is a green dagger flier dancer with some pretty fancy skills and is also a demote, Sigurd/Dierdre are not only a duo dancer but also a cavalry dancer, and I can get Eldigan for free as another flying dancer! Ethlin and Quan aren't doing anything too exciting to me but it's cool to have them here too, I was not expecting a full FE4 banner. Which does mean probably it'll take even longer to get another FE4 Gen 1 New Heroes banner, so that's a bit frustrating, but still.

Definitely getting Sigurd, as well as Lachesis since I always get the demote. Going to have to figure out the most efficient summoning strategy to get both of them. Since Sigurd is red and Lachesis is green, I'm leaning towards pulling both colors right off the bat, rather than holding off on Lachesis in hopes of getting her on non-red sessions. This will wreck my orb supply but I'll deal with it. At least I won't have to worry about trying to pick up the original versions of Dierdre and Eldigan, at least not until I decide I need a face version of Dierdre. Which would certainly be nice, but it's less pressing.

My main horse team is totally going to be alternating a lot now if I can get my hands on this Sigurd. I've got +10 Reinhardt, Freddy, Hrid, and Sylvain and they all serve me well, and I still got a good legendary Ephraim too. And now Sigurd can really help all them out. XD

Funny thing about that though, OG Sigurd was once part of my main horse team until Hrid replaced him. lol Now he's back in a new form! Haha.

Edited by Anacybele

Don't have many orbs but I hope I can snatch a Lachesis and at least one of the others. Duo Sigurd looks awfully OP being a Mounted Refresher with a skill that's basically Double Reposition.

They really went and made a Cavalier dancer... I'm low on orbs so I'll have to look out for a Double Seasonal banner in the future with him on it. I really appreciate the improvements that Miwabe has made to their art over the years; Lachesis looks great hope I can free summon her.

Oh, huh, Sigurd's duo skill can be used every two turns. I was so focused on the first paragraph, I missed the second one.

I still can't tell if it's capable of having two allies on opposite sides switch places. It sounds like no, but maybe that's only if there's terrain issues? But it doesn't list that as the reason, so probably it can't. Wonder why not, it'd be a cool use for it.

Also, rewatching the video, it hit me that now any dagger unit can use Ethlin's weapon with Windsweep (or Watersweep). That's pretty scary.

Eldigan's a lance flier... He's probably a refresh unit and, thus, would be our second free flying refresh unit after Peony, but another lance flier? I swear if they shaft him and make him a non-refresh unit.

Courtly Fan is interesting. It's an inheritable dagger version of Bun-Bun Baton, Creator Sword, Mareeta's Sword, and Winds of Change in that it has the neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks effect, so as with Ethlyn's and kid Merric's base kit, a unit with it or any of those weapons can run Windsweep or Watersweep and be able to do a follow-up attack. This makes it the closest thing to an inheritable Firesweep dagger. Still requires the dagger unit to inherit either Windsweep or Watersweep. Worst case scenario is that it's just a Swift Sparrow 2.5 dagger.

Gilt Goblet shits on refined Brynhildr's and and unique refined Parthia's: "Reduces damage from magic foe's first attack by 30%." Mainly Brynhildr since unlike Blood Tome which has a stronger and wider covering damage reduction effect, Blood Tome doesn't compete with any other green tomes. Brynhildr and Gilt Goblet are both red tomes and Gilt Goblet's Mirror Stance that also works on foes at full health effect is more practical even if it's not as strong as being able to deny a follow-up attack from ranged foes than unique refined Brynhildr's defense check on Leo whose defense is okay, but ranged units having as high or higher than +Def Leo aren't uncommon. It's also a stronger version of Divine Tyrfing's effect where it also reduces damage from a mage foe's AoE special in addition to working on all of the attacks and not just the first attack. I'm guessing that when it's part of a weapon update that refining Divine Tyrfing would upgrade its base effect to that.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Eldigan's a lance flier... He's probably a refresh unit and, thus, would be our second free flying refresh unit after Peony, but another lance flier? I swear if they shaft him and make him a non-refresh unit.

Given that Rinea was a dancer, it's hard to imagine why he wouldn't be.

Which also means he'll be our first lance flier dancer at all, which is interesting. All the previous blue flying dancers were tomes.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Given that Rinea was a dancer, it's hard to imagine why he wouldn't be.

Which also means he'll be our first lance flier dancer at all, which is interesting. All the previous blue flying dancers were tomes.

Pessimism makes me feel like if they really wanted to be a massive dick, they could make him a non-refresh unit just because.

Edited by Kaden

This banner has bad timing, Altena has priority. At least it should last a while.

So there's the Bride duo I was expecting, a cavalry dancer is a neat niche.

Bad luck to whoever was wondering about Ayra being on the banner because Larcei's brother got renamed. Of course, she could always be on the TT banner.

Edited by Baldrick