Special Heroes Arrive! To Stay Dreaming (Sept. 8th)

Anacybele

I wonder what type of skills Eldigan will have. His HP is kind of high so I can see that being due to an HP+ A slot. Then his weapon would be like Quan's; sounds like something people will want for their Lucas or who ever. Maybe they'll give him Flier Guidance since it isn't the craziest skill.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

I was not expecting a full FE4 banner. Which does mean probably it'll take even longer to get another FE4 Gen 1 New Heroes banner, so that's a bit frustrating, but still.

They Seasonal-introduced Brigid. That in itself was a body blow to the next FE4 Gen 1 banner. Not that a snazzy Yewfelle couldn't compensate, and we've still Edain (so, auto-demote b/c Infantry Staff?) and Erinys. Them plus Lex and Azelle make for the best quartet of what's left, and maybe Young Finn. After them, all that'd remain would be Who?lainn, Dewdew, Benowolf, Aleh, Midtier, Naoisebad, and Not A Gilded Stag. As my increasingly forced joke names (no offense meant to any of them) indicate, they'd be a bit of a hard sell I think.

So it really was Sigurd and Deirdre, that's nice. 

As for the banner, for me it's a skip. Nowadays the phrase "you can't have too many dancers" doesn't hold true as you reach a point where you really have more than enough dancers to cover every mode in the game. Not to mention L!Azura (and Peony to a lesser extent) invalidate other dancers unless they have some niche like being good at combat or huge HP for IP. At least the Gen 5 BST will make these guys on par with recent units. 

The Swift Sparrow 3.5+half NFU dagger that D!Ethlyn has is really good, it may be one of the few daggers that can be on par with Broadleaf Fan with it's sheer power. Nothing else strikes me as something worth mentioning as the niche they offer is too narrow (and Eldigan's weapon is totally having the same effect as Quan's so yeah). 

On a different note, I'm mixed on Lachesis art. She doesn't look like a kid anymore which is great but she's still kinda small, it stood out to me for some reason but it's not like there's anything wrong with that. 

Nice banner for sure since it's a game which has not represented an alt banner to my knowledge yet. Another version of Sigurd was so overdue. I will definitely wait till these units will return in a double heroes banner since pulling from seasonal banners is pointless for me nowadays. I was very lucky with the dancer banner last year, but I have like no orbs to pull from it (if I would). I guess and hope regular Deirdre will become a bonus unit in next TT.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Its very nice to see our last remaining lord finally get his alt. He and Deirdre also really fit well on a more classy banner like this.

Lachesis got one much appreciated art upgrade so thats good too. Ethelyn looks great as well with her alt.

I think Quan is the only unit whose art i'm not that big of a fan of. Along with me not being a big fan of Eldigan in general. But all in all this is a really solid banner. My only nitpick would be that its all familair faces this time around. I would't have minded seeing Azelle on this banner instead.

Very nice artwork for at least the banner units and we're likely getting another free dancer in Eldigan (lance flier is boring but hey, dancer).

In terms of units/skills though, the banner is pretty boring aside from Duo Sigurd.

Duo Sigurd marks the very first cavalry dancer in the game and he gets to have 185 scoring BST in Arena modes. In Arena, he'd likely be seen with Legend Leif, meaning if you can't bait him, chances are pretty good that you may lose a unit on turn 1 (depending on map and deployment spots) in Arena modes. Thankfully, he already hits 55 listed Atk at +0 with Prf equipped so baiting him can be pretty easy, especially since he's a ranged unit with 3 movement. Killing Sigurd with even with an enemy phase blue mage (ie. MRobin) can be a struggle, however (Sigurd is slow to the point that he couldn't double at all against most units, so the only specials that would work on the enemy phase against him would be... Moonbow if there is no prior preparation). MRobin, even with TA3 and 5*+10 merge, would likely not kill a 5*+10+5 Duo Sigurd in Arena on the enemy phase if he has Legendary Heroes buffs and if Robin starts the fight at full HP.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I knew what they showed in the silhouette was Sigurd and Deirdre! Too bad Dimitri took my orbs. *sigh* Oh well, maybe I'll get one of them later. For now, I'm banking until Ninian/Peony/L!Azura/B!Dimitri reruns. And they're all blue...I'll admit to being in trouble if they bring in Summer Dimitri next year.

Sigurd's Def leaves everything to be desired

ae9aflw61gl51.jpg

That said, Quan and Eldigan (at least Quan), stand to have pretty high Def stats based on their OG variants, making them potential targets for people looking for Mila counters~

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

hm. Sigurd has magic reduction thus basically he's double Micaiah proof. so basically since both can't double it would be who would get to glimmer/iceberg (ruptured sky) first. 

Regular Micaiah is faster then Sigurd (and has color advantage) she will still blow him up to ze moon. Besides all it needs is a melee sniff at Degurd and they are gone.

IS desperate attempt for money... lets release a Cav Dancer!

Well i dont see a problem with Cav Dancer anymore. For PVE people can if they want run again easy Horse Emblem and for Arena a Ranged Cav Dancer is way easier to bait out then any other Dancer.

For AR Offense he is pretty fantastic, for defense not so much.

EDIT: I have to say the art looks very good and I am happy for Sigurd and Deirdre duo though, they deserve it!

Edited by Hilda

To stay dreaming is an odd title. Is is going to imply their reality is the worst?

Anyways it's a dancing banner with Genealogy and I suspect it's all the trio and their partners (/Lachesis because they want to do that to us again) on purpose. Lachesis is a Green Flying Dagger with Courtly Mask+ (If unit has > 49% HP gets Atk/Res +5 and if foe doubles them reduces attack from first hit by 50%), Dance, Def Cantrip 3 (Like Dorothea's but defence) and Air Orders 3 (Dayum). Next is Ethlyn who's a colourless flying dagger and has Courtly Fan (If HP >49%. gets Atk/Spd +5 and allows her to double if something tried to stop her), Dance, AR-O Atk/Spd 3 (I didn't see it taking this long to show), Windsweep 3 and Joint Drive Spd. Then Quan shows up with pretty bad art and a blue flying bow, coming with Courtly Bow+ (Hurts fliers, if unit has >49% HP, gets Atk/Def +5 during combat and if foe doubles them reduces attack from first hit by 50%), Dance, Atk/Def Bond 4 (Neutralises penalties, is worse than Unity), Flier Formation 3 and Joint Hone Def. Finally we have Sigurd and Deirdre duo (MY ORBS ARE NOT PROTECTED), who are a Red Tome Cav with Gilt Goblet (Atk +3, If foe initiates/has 100% HP, gets Atk/Res +6 and if foe uses magic, reduces in combat and AOE damage by 50% (Will this be able to tank Ophelia? HMMMM)), Dance (THE DAY HAS COME, WE ARE UNDONE), Atk/Res Bond 4, Lull Atk/Res 3 and Joint Hone Res (Like Quan's but Res). Their Duo skill is weird. It moves the ally to the opposite side of the two and can affect two at once so log as they're not in the way. It's a good thing this is not once per map. Also, I see Eldigan took up the lance this time..... So, with that the trio all have alts. And Lachesis still isn't a Master Knight. Dangit.

So, Cav dancer. Fuck. Buncha slow units, but that's irrelevant for these guys when they can probably take damage alright and Sigurd/Deirdre have a weird skill that'll disappoint becase they don't dance everyone. Still, they're my highlight because cav dancer.

ok, this banner intantly became my favorite since, i don't know... probably since launch

they all look really good (yes, quan too), and i'd love to +10 all of them, but i'm orbs-broke (tried to get some copies of loki, miserably failed) so i'll at least wait till the banner's last week to try summoning

let's see if it's a dancer lance flier unit the one who's gonna break the "male lance flier TT/GHB units suck" curse this game has been reiterating

This is an amazing banner. Genealogy finally get the alts they deserve. Ideally I would want a copy of everyone however, I want this month to ba a saving period/waiting for the mythic so maybe I will skip I am not that sure myself. Sigurd being a cavalry dancer with a reposition type of Duo skill is amazing and he also is a great magic tank. His bad defence is kind of a letdown but I am really excited for his first alt nonetheless. Will go for green mainly, as Lachesis the demote has some amazing skills like Air Orders (for Azura and Mirabilis) and a nice dagger and being a demote does make her easier to get. Red will be my backup hoping for Sigurd but I will pull for them in the double seasonals. 

Edited by SuperNova125

This is fine, new alts for all these units. The Duo unit is of course quite appealing but I see nothing special in the rest other than in the fact that they fly and presumably have higher BST than the last batch of flying dancers. That said, that doesn't necessarily elevate them above last year's who have more interesting weapons for me.

In the end I was never going to summon on this banner anyway, since I haven't recovered from a bad CYL. And seeing the units now makes me fully comfortable with my decision to wait for the double seasonal banner to try for the duo, even if they appear alongside Brigid who I don't really want. Would also prefer it if Lachesis didn't appear alongside the pirate duo. Not that it's based on her art, which is simultaneously miles better but still mediocre.

Besides being disappointed in how we're getting our first Ranged Dancing Cav, I do still have some opinions...

• Lachesis being the demote is actually pretty alright, considering her skills (Air Orders is pretty deadly in the trickiest of hands). Plus, if someone happens to have NekoSakura lying around, they now have a Flying Dagger with Dagger Valor pretty easily!
  • Ethlyn's dagger is quite impressive, offering Daggers an inheritable version of the combination seen on units like Summer Byleth and Young Merric. Ethlyn might end up being one of the best users of the combo as-is though, considering... well, they're giving it to her. Does make me wonder if we'll see a Windsweep 4 if they're just gonna keep making units with built-in Null Follow-up weapons...
  • Seems odd that we're still getting Atk/Def Bond 4 after literally just getting Atk/Def Unity, which serves the needs of Atk/Def Bond just nicely, but eh. Quan looks pretty defensive, and being a flying Bow means he can take Bow Valor instead of Nephenee.
  • Sigurd and Deirdre... Duo Sigurd would almost take over as one of the best offensive dancer if he had any effective damage like Micaiah, but he still looks to be pretty bulky and strong as-is. I do appreciate that their answer for a Dancers Duo Skill is to just give them Reposition hiding behind a fancy effect. I'm not sure if having a Cav Dancer is as great as it sounds to be honest... having the large movement range is great, but Sigurd has to contend with terrain restrictions that flying dancers don't have to worry about at all, let alone the fact that a lot of maps with heavy Flier favoritism were recently released. But we'll see I suppose.
  • How is Eldigan the first flying Lance dancer we'll be getting in the game...?

...yes I do judge Dancers by how well they can hold a Valor skill. Lachesis gets 5 out of 5 for being a demote in addition to a flying dancer, Quan a 4.5 out of 5 for being the first Bow flier in a very limited Bow dancer pool, Sigurd... 4, since Ishtar still exists and having the arguably better class for Valor purposes, but also for providing an alternative depending on which of the two you get first. Ethlyn gets a 3.5 since she is still a flying dancer, but a normal summoner is likelier to see Lachesis first. Eldigan gets 4.5 for being a free Lance Flier, but coming so late when you've had so many chances to get Azura and Summer Robin docks half a point. Seriously dude, where were you a couple years ago...?

Edited by Xenomata

Well, it's an all gen1 FE4 special heroes banner.

Sigurd and Diedre basically have Super Reposition as their duo skill. I winced at that at first, but it can actually be really handy, especially since they (being a cav unit) have that 3 space movement AND can refresh. In that way, they look like a great player phase unit. That said, they seem geared toward atk and res, plus there's their weapon, which is "if foe initiates combat" all of which makes me think enemy phase unit. So, they're versatile for sure (and sweet as heck. PLUS this means I just have to wait for a Julia/Julius or Julia/Seliph duo unit in orderto put the whole family on a team! 'Cause that would be Sigurd, Diedre, Seliph, Arvis, Julia, and Julius. Hard to fit them all on one team.)

Interesting that both ladies are dagger units. Quan's and their weapons have neat effects, I think. Also, free Eldigan! Looking forward to getting him. It's really cool seeing the best friends and their ladies (Ethlin and Diedre as wives, Lachesis as a sister, of course) getting a special banner together.

As for who I'll go for...I guess I kind of have to go for Sigurd and Diedre (they need to cheer on their kids like soccer parents), but I'd be happy to pick up a Quan too. All that said, I wonder if I shouldn't keep saving up orbs... This is a really nice banner, yeah, but other ones I'm more invested in will probably come down the line. Plus, I mean, I still need Performing Shigure and Performing Inigo, and I could definitely use more merges on my Dancing Berkut. And that's just the dancing banners! And I'm probably forgetting people! There's also the upcoming mythic banner who might introduce someone interesting, the upcoming Halloween banners, the next legendary banner... Choices, choices.

Edit: After skimming the comments... Wow. I didn't realize this was our first cav dancer. All the same, I think I'll wait until they appear on a double special heroes banner to actually pull for them (as sweet as they are.) I don't need them immediately. Plus, uh...their def/spd are...low. Very low. The one I'm most excited about, actually, is Eldigan. He's free, he's a lance flier, and he's probably a refresher. Give him high res (especially if his weapon works similarly to his sister's, Ethlin's, and Quan's) and he's perfect for my flier team (though, Lachesis' weapon is atk/res, Ethlin's is atk/spd and Quan's is atk/def. Not sure what else is left, so he'll probably be getting a special effect that's different from the rest of his group like Rinea did.) Somewhat funnily, he'll be replacing my +1 Travant, who works pretty well but I'd really like someone who can tank magic and being a refresher on top of that would be super helpful. If he could have Iote's Shield built into his lance, that would be best for me.

Edit again: Also, Quan and Eldigan's wyverns are super pretty. Maybe someday if I get Brave Claude (who also has a beautiful wyvern) I can put Quan (if I get him) on his team. Lovely wyverns team.

Edited by Mercakete

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Besides being disappointed in how we're getting our first Ranged Dancing Cav, I do still have some opinions...

• Ethlyn's dagger is quite impressive, offering Daggers an inheritable version of the combination seen on units like Summer Byleth and Young Merric. Ethlyn might end up being one of the best users of the combo as-is though, considering... well, they're giving it to her. Does make me wonder if we'll see a Windsweep 4 if they're just gonna keep making units with built-in Null Follow-up weapons...

Its not exactly a Null follow up. It just lets the unit double through skills like wary fighter and Hrids weapon (if debuffed), but it wont protect from being followed up by Bold Fighter Vengefullfighter Quick Riposte and all the other autofollowup  weapons.

In that regard its only and best use is for playerphase units with high speed period and offers no additional bulk

meanwhile Lachesis Dagger or Quans Bow are way more interesting. They are suited best for Slow units, so slow units can initiate combat without getting fucked by stuff like Quickriposte or so. Example Valentines Roy, he can innitiate combat against fast melees with it and run deflect melee on his seal slot and not worry about getting killed and prolly land in the range of wings of mercy, or Halloween Jakob can actually initiate on armor effectiv units without getting obliterated on the counter.
Can also be used by faster units when up against vengefull fighter and Quickriposte or so. Winter Cecilia can be a prime candidate for the Dagger