Special Heroes Arrive! To Stay Dreaming (Sept. 8th)

Anacybele

Quan being a flying bow user is kind of funny, though. Would've been funnier if he'd been a green flying bow.

Quan: NOT TODAY, TRAVANT!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Its not exactly a Null follow up. It just lets the unit double through skills like wary fighter and Hrids weapon (if debuffed), but it wont protect from being followed up by Bold Fighter Vengefullfighter Quick Riposte and all the other autofollowup  weapons.

In that regard its only and best use is for playerphase units with high speed period and offers no additional bulk

Are you getting the point of the weapon? It doesn't just attack through Wary Fighter, it attacks through Windsweep, the ultimate form of bulk being not being attacked at all.

The very units who run skills like Vengeful Fighter do not have the speed to resist Windsweeps effects, and Null C-Disrupt seems to remain a somewhat rare skill, so anyone who runs the weapon flat-out cannot be hit.

EDIT: Hm... one unit who could take advantage of this weapon is Summer Linde, one of my +10s... would certainly make using her a lot easier not having to worry about her frankly poor defenses...

Edited by Xenomata

Not a lot to comment on besides flying Dancer/Singers.

Having Reposition as Duo Skill provides a work around against Isolation, so that is neat. I just do not see a lot of Isolation being used on defense. It is also useful for testing Traps.

Okay, just saw part of Eldigan's art in the TT+ notification. I knew he'd look good from his sprite, but wow. Dude's really putting his best food forward.

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But at least Lachesis is no longer a loli. 

what i find hilarious is that the artist is still the same: miwabe sakura

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They Seasonal-introduced Brigid. That in itself was a body blow to the next FE4 Gen 1 banner. Not that a snazzy Yewfelle couldn't compensate, and we've still Edain (so, auto-demote b/c Infantry Staff?) and Erinys. Them plus Lex and Azelle make for the best quartet of what's left, and maybe Young Finn. After them, all that'd remain would be Who?lainn, Dewdew, Benowolf, Aleh, Midtier, Naoisebad, and Not A Gilded Stag. As my increasingly forced joke names (no offense meant to any of them) indicate, they'd be a bit of a hard sell I think.

Sure. Still, I was really hoping we could at least get a Brigid/Lex/Azelle/Erinys banner later this year, even if it could very well be the last proper FE4 Gen 1 New Heroes banner for the foreseeable future.

This is the best seasonal baner in a long time for me. I want them all! But since I'm low on orbs I'll prioritize Sigurd and Deirdre and hope to get at least one of the others. I'm glad Eldigan is a freebie too. Love me some FE4.

22 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Despite this banner being a clean Genealogy sweep, I'm still convinced we'll be getting a Gen 1 Genealogy banner soon-ish with Azelle/Erinys/Lex, either Brigid or Edain, and a Chulainn GHB.

Not before a proper Tellius banner, I hope. They are WAY overdue. And I know you want Brom, so I can't imagine you'd really disagree!

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh yeah, for sure. I definitely want Tellius first, especially if Brom is included!

Yeah, I admit I was kind of hoping for Brom to be on this banner for your sake. XD But hopefully he and his daughter make it into Heroes soon! Zihark, too. Everyone says Meg is chasing him, but it's really just that her dad told her that she's basically betrothed. It's not her fault! XD And when she finds out, she's cool with it. Meg gets a bad rap, though I find Brom's whole "BE MY SON-IN-LAW" thing hilarious. XD Poor Zihark.

This banner looks fine, but it's a skip. I don't see myself needing any of these Heroes. I will summon all Red and Green orbs in the free summon circle, and that's all.

Maybe I try for Sigurd in its rerun in a Double Special, depending in what month it comes.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, I admit I was kind of hoping for Brom to be on this banner for your sake. XD But hopefully he and his daughter make it into Heroes soon! Zihark, too. Everyone says Meg is chasing him, but it's really just that her dad told her that she's basically betrothed. It's not her fault! XD And when she finds out, she's cool with it. Meg gets a bad rap, though I find Brom's whole "BE MY SON-IN-LAW" thing hilarious. XD Poor Zihark.

That was always a funny moment with those three. lol Meg is cute too, she's underrated. She's a terrible unit, but she's a cute character. Zihark is also awesome. Best swordmaster character imo.

Huh. Did not expect Sigurd to have such low defense. I suppose he will be a magic tank but die to physical hits then.

The others are as expected.

@Sunwoo Sigurd's stats can be seen in the trailer, so no surprised for me.

Also, here are the boons and banes:

Spoiler

Lachesis: +ATK, -SPD, -HP

Sigurd: +ATK, +RES , -DEF, -HP

Quan: +DEF, -ATK

Ethlyn: - HP, -SPD, -DEF, -RES (yes, 4 super banes)

Eldigan: +ATK, -SPD, -RES

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Hide contents

Oh right, his stats were shown in the trailer.

Don't mind me, just being a derp.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Wow, apparently someone on the dev team really hates Ethlyn since her original version also has 4 super flaws and no super asset.

54 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
Spoiler

Wow, apparently someone on the dev team really hates Ethlyn since her original version also has 4 super flaws and no super asset.

Having a super Flaw in HP is a good thing for player phase and Counter-Vantage units, since it makes getting into HP range easier. And since merging gets rid of Flaws, if a player is lucky and gets [+Atk/Spd, -HP] on the first try, it creates a disincentive for merging and encourages Orb saving.

Spoiler

Hm... now that I think about it, have we ever had a unit with more than one stat in the 10s? I mean we've seen some low numbers, but I can't think of anyone who has multiple stats in the 10s like Sigurd/Deirdre here do.

Everyone ecept Ethlyn seem pretty true to the stat layout of their original selves. Sigurd to I guess, but Deirdre might be affecting a few things in that regard... and as for Ethlyn, she got the stats to run the Null Follow-up + Windsweep build... I just don't like having dancers in offensive roles, ESPECIALLY if it means giving them a B slot that means they can't hold Wings of Mercy or Escape Route. WHERE ARE THOSE SEALS ALREADY???

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hm... now that I think about it, have we ever had a unit with more than one stat in the 10s? I mean we've seen some low numbers, but I can't think of anyone who has multiple stats in the 10s like Sigurd/Deirdre here do.

Everyone ecept Ethlyn seem pretty true to the stat layout of their original selves. Sigurd to I guess, but Deirdre might be affecting a few things in that regard... and as for Ethlyn, she got the stats to run the Null Follow-up + Windsweep build... I just don't like having dancers in offensive roles, ESPECIALLY if it means giving them a B slot that means they can't hold Wings of Mercy or Escape Route. WHERE ARE THOSE SEALS ALREADY???

Arden (16 Spd, 16 Res) and Dancer Xander (17 Spd, 16 Res) also have that.