Special Heroes Arrive! To Stay Dreaming (Sept. 8th)

Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm +10ing on sight for the art, Lachesis would be proud

lol. there's a lot of grail units i wanna +10 now. so i figure taking it slow makes it a bit easier to digest. 
but he's got fantastic art. (and he can be such a stupid tank for Dark season)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, I admit I was kind of hoping for Brom to be on this banner for your sake. XD But hopefully he and his daughter make it into Heroes soon! Zihark, too. Everyone says Meg is chasing him, but it's really just that her dad told her that she's basically betrothed. It's not her fault! XD And when she finds out, she's cool with it. Meg gets a bad rap, though I find Brom's whole "BE MY SON-IN-LAW" thing hilarious. XD Poor Zihark.

They really could make a PoR banner with Brom and Zihark on it to play off their supports, and still make Jill the star with another lady...Astrid, maybe. That'd be pretty great.

As for the main topic, I'm kinda surprised about Sigurd's stats. He still looks fine, it's just not quite what I expected.

Might have to finally break F2P on this. Had my worst luck to date spending every orb I had to get a Brigid since I had kind of given up on Genealogy seasonals and... certainly didn't expect this.

Pretty hard to be mad about it, though. Now I just have to decide whether to try for one copy of everyone, or to prioritize 4* Lachesis and save until the inevitable Double Special rerun...

Lachesis looks gorgeous. I will definitely +10 her in the future, during the double special. Since I like all characters I will be pulling in all colours except blue because Eldingan does the same thing as Quan in a way. I ideally would like as many Lachesis copies as I can grab and an Ethlyn to give her the Weapon and C slot. However, I still don't want to get carried away. 

Eldingan looks amazing however I really don't like his Spd and Res. They should have been the opposite. He doesn't want Spd to get the damage the reduction and because of Iote's Shield he is locked out of most Res Boosts. Will +1 him and will still have him to counter Mila in AR defence. He is one of the few damcers able to do that at all. 

Nordion won at the end I say. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Oh man Lachsis and Eldigan have parallel outfits. That's adorable! Lachesis' boa looks super soft and fluffy, too.

Edit: And Sigurd's damaged art is so sweet! He's doing his best to protect his wife!

Edited by Mercakete

3 hours ago, Stugard said:

Might have to finally break F2P on this. Had my worst luck to date spending every orb I had to get a Brigid since I had kind of given up on Genealogy seasonals and... certainly didn't expect this.

Pretty hard to be mad about it, though. Now I just have to decide whether to try for one copy of everyone, or to prioritize 4* Lachesis and save until the inevitable Double Special rerun...

If you're thinking about that, bear in mind that sniping a (non-Lachesis) unit on this banner costs an average of like $100 worth of orbs, and consider if that's really worthwhile for you. Especially if it causes you to feel more compelled to spend on future banners.

As far as I can tell, people spending money on this game does not increase their satisfaction or enjoyment of it, it just makes them want even more. Remember, you've got a full month to pull on this banner, and the units will all be rerun. First on the Double Special banner, then on the revival banner at this time next year. In the long run, it's completely feasible to get them all on f2p orbs.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, silverserpent said:

Good thing i finished my current grail project, I'mma start saving for Eldigan! I'm totally not going to make a Pride of Lions team...nope >_>

XD Eldigan, Roy, Dimitri and Cainhigis?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

XD Eldigan, Roy, Dimitri and Cainhigis?

I mean...outside of Dimitri and Eldigan both being Lancer units, it's a well balanced team. Dimitri can dominate blue/red teams, Roy can nuke any Edelgards that threaten my precious, and Caineghis is there to be furry and tank shit.

Actually...between Eldigan, Caineghis and Dimitri, it's a pretty bulky team...

I've had the weirdest luck on this banner. I spent around 180 orbs sniping specifically for red and got around 5 5*s, but no Sigurd and Deirdre. It's even weirder because they're all pretty decent units (Kiria, a second normal Lysithea, a second F!Julia, Lethe, and F!Kris) that are all +ATK sans Lysithea (who is +RES) and Lethe (who is neutral).

Welp, time to hoard orbs until the last possible day of this banner and if I don't get Sigurd/Deirdre then, I can hoard orbs until they inevitably get rerun.

@silverserpent

I'm not saying it's a bad team. I actually think it's a fun idea, and one I entertained before reading you post, actually! Plus, there are several Roys to choose from, and besides Brave Dimitri, there's Horse Dimitri, and probably Legendary Dimitri coming in October. I guess I'm mostly amused that there are so many "lions."

17 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I've had the weirdest luck on this banner. I spent around 180 orbs sniping specifically for red and got around 5 5*s, but no Sigurd and Deirdre. It's even weirder because they're all pretty decent units (Kiria, a second normal Lysithea, a second F!Julia, Lethe, and F!Kris) that are all +ATK sans Lysithea (who is +RES) and Lethe (who is neutral).

Welp, time to hoard orbs until the last possible day of this banner and if I don't get Sigurd/Deirdre then, I can hoard orbs until they inevitably get rerun.

Yeah, Double Special has better odds. Also, at first, I read "F!Julia" as "Female Julia" and was confused for a bit there. "Isn't she always female?" And then that go me thinking about what she'd look like as a dude, especially since she doesn't really look much like either of her brothers.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, Double Special has better odds. Also, at first, I read "F!Julia" as "Female Julia" and was confused for a bit there. "Isn't she always female?" And then that go me thinking about what she'd look like as a dude, especially since she doesn't really look much like either of her brothers.

I usually have better luck on Legendary/Mythic and Double Special banners (except the L!Leif banner where I spent 200 orbs trying to get him and only got a -ATK F!Tiki but shhhh), but I'd figure that I'd save until the last day anyway while also doing more Lunatic Chain Challenges.

Lunatic Chain Challenges are a pain.

So, with Sigurd and Dierdre getting seasonals, every non-3H/TMS character from the leads reel has an alt. However, Seliph and Leif are the two remaining non-3H/TMS characters from the leads reel who haven't gotten seasonals, while Seliph, Leif, Julia, and Nanna are the only remaining non-3H/TMS characters from the leads banner who haven't gotten seasonals. In addition, Nanna is the only non-3H/TMS character from the leads banner who hasn't gotten any sort of alt.

I've already been speculating that the next Jugdral banner will be another seasonal banner, with an FE4 Gen 2 + FE5 theme. That could tie up all of that at once by featuring those four, probably with Leif/Nanna as the duo hero.