Tempest Trials+: Dancing Affinity! (Sep 8th)

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trial+ is coming, titled "Dancing Affinity"! 

Tempest_Trials_Dancing_Affinity.jpg.454e08d29cb5af4fbc057c0d6741d9eb.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Dancer Sigurd (& Dancer Deirdre), Dancer Quan, Dancer Ethlyn, Dancer Lachesis, Dancer Eldigan, Sigurd, Deirdre and Eldigan.

News_Tempest_Trials_Dancing_Affinity_Bonus_Heroes.jpg.fbd5cd8b70c8a7b96cc616ffedbc4db8.jpg

Dancer Eldigan' skills at 5★ Lv 40:

Hero_banner_Eldigan_Strutting_Lion.jpg.88896ac4ba0920f955590097f8c20360.jpg

Young ruler of Nordion. Also known as the Lionheart. Sets out for the dance festival in dignified attire. Appears in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.

Courtly Candle+ (Mt: 14 Range: 1)
At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, grants Atk/Def+5 during combat, and also, if foe can make a follow-up attack, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%.

Dance (Range: 1)
Grants another action to target ally. (Cannot target an ally with Sing or Dance.) This skill can only be equipped by its original unit.

Caldera Dance 3
If Sing or Dance is used, grants Atk+3 and Def+4 to target.

Def Opening 3
At start of turn, grants Def+6 to ally with the highest Def for 1 turn. (Excludes unit.)

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the fully enchanted version of each sacred seal *

Res Feint
If a Rally Assist skill is used by unit or targets unit, inflicts Res-7 on foes in cardinal directions of unit through their next actions.

Armor March
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an armored ally, unit and adjacent armored allies can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.)

You can also earn some Divine Codes ( Ephemera 9 ) by reaching the 6,000 score, and a Wind Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Final Map:

fmlaxeanetl51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Diovani Bressan

They really are going all-out with the 20k score Sacred Seals lately. Armor March is almost necessary to use Armor units in an effective manor, and this adds at least one extra stack of Ward Armor to the team.

I have the three non-dancers, so bonus unit secured.

I hope the boss isn't Duo Sigurd... not sure I can stand having to fight the most blatantly overpowered unit from a seasonal banner AGAIN...

Armor March? Hot damn. I already have it on my +10 Gwendolyn and Jaffar, so I don't need more for Arena, but the added flexibility on other teams is really nice.

1. Eldigan is hecka pretty.

2. So, Eldigan has the lance version of Dancing Quan's bow (obviously, minus the flier effectiveness.) Ok. Guess I couldn't really expect his weapon to be as good as the others' since he's free. Still, not bad.

3. Looks like he's going to be yet another high-def wyvern rider. Oh well. (Was hoping for high res.)

4. Those aren't bad seals!

54 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They really are going all-out with the 20k score Sacred Seals lately. Armor March is almost necessary to use Armor units in an effective manor, and this adds at least one extra stack of Ward Armor to the team.

I have the three non-dancers, so bonus unit secured.

I hope the boss isn't Duo Sigurd... not sure I can stand having to fight the most blatantly overpowered unit from a seasonal banner AGAIN...

RIP return of the broken Tempest Boss... again. Now Dancer flavored.

Eldigan seems pretty cool, but I'm tempted to give his weapon to my Conrad. And final Armor March is a seal, armors are starting to not be lame too bad their meta relevancy is dying down (obviously they score high in arena).

In addition to being the first lance flier dancer, another neat little milestone with Eldigan is that he was the oldest 5* exclusive character not to have an alt. He had that title for a few months after Minerva was the last launch 5* exclusive to get one, I wasn't expecting him to get an alt anytime soon so it's really neat that he did.

Next up is Karel, I wonder if he'll show up as a TT or demote on one of the next few seasonal banners. That'd be nice for me, since Karel is another character I'm currently missing. After Karel, it gets a bit messier: first Katarina/Luke, then Gray/Saber/Sonya. Sonya seems plausible enough to get an alt, but Luke, not so much. Past those, the other Book 1 5*s with no alts are Amelia, then Ayra. If Deirdre being a duo secondary counts, which I think is a bit iffy but it's something, at least.

The Armor March seal is amazing. Armors can have good scoring C slots while also having good movement now. Also it can be paired with armored stride for amazing movement. I like it a lot. 

Eldingan, with high Hp and defence he will be pretty good on AR defence. I just hope he has terrible Spd so he can have room for an excellent Res to go with his Def. 

Armor march is great as a seal it will help me during armor quests.  Eldigan looks good and I will be building him for my draco emblem team which needs a dancer.  As to teams Deirdre is the only one of the three non dancers that needs HM so she is my backup until Duo!Sigurd comes home.  

Armor March is really good but most of the armor units I use either already have it or they're fielded with units that have it so I won't be upgrading it just yet. 

Nice to see the Feint skill family all released as seals. Still waiting on the remaining Smoke skills but if I had to pick, I'd like Ground Orders but I don't see that coming soon.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

In addition to being the first lance flier dancer, another neat little milestone with Eldigan is that he was the oldest 5* exclusive character not to have an alt. He had that title for a few months after Minerva was the last launch 5* exclusive to get one, I wasn't expecting him to get an alt anytime soon so it's really neat that he did.

Next up is Karel, I wonder if he'll show up as a TT or demote on one of the next few seasonal banners. That'd be nice for me, since Karel is another character I'm currently missing. After Karel, it gets a bit messier: first Katarina/Luke, then Gray/Saber/Sonya. Sonya seems plausible enough to get an alt, but Luke, not so much. Past those, the other Book 1 5*s with no alts are Amelia, then Ayra. If Deirdre being a duo secondary counts, which I think is a bit iffy but it's something, at least.

Ooh, very interesting! I can see Karel on any sort of seasonal banner, really. Winter might be nice, he can pull a Jaffar. Anyway, Katarina and the 3 echoes characters you mentioned I can 100% see getting a seasonal, and I’m actually more so shocked that Kat and Gray haven’t gotten one yet. Gray (yay, thankfully!) looks like easy demote material on anything, Saber could’ve been a Pirate alt, Katarina could make for a good bride... Sonya, again could be anything, but maybe Halloween as a sexy witch. She can easily be the star of any banner, behind the duo.

Poor Luke! Lol

Anyway, super excited for armor march!!!! Also this is our last Feint skill or no?

Eldigan looks amazing already, I am sad I have too many grail projects now.

I hope the maps aren’t too hard... I plan on bringing Deirdre along until I get someone new. It’s cool how nicely she has held up over the years.

I'm actually pretty cool with Eldigan being a lance flier, because he at least has dance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our only other lance dancers are Azura and Soiree Berkut. Both are 5-star exclusive, one is even a seasonal. A player who was SUPER unlucky and never got Azura throughout the game's lifespan at least has a blue dancer choice with the flying Eldigan, who everyone will have access to.

Also, we did get f!Robin manual some time back. So one could just slap that manual on Eldigan for dancer with valor.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm actually pretty cool with Eldigan being a lance flier, because he at least has dance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our only other lance dancers are Azura and Soiree Berkut. Both are 5-star exclusive, one is even a seasonal. A player who was SUPER unlucky and never got Azura throughout the game's lifespan at least has a blue dancer choice with the flying Eldigan, who everyone will have access to.

Also, we did get f!Robin manual some time back. So one could just slap that manual on Eldigan for dancer with valor.

Ooh, yeah. We do have Rinea and Peony as free blue dancers, but neither of them use lances.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Honestly, expecting Karel to get an alt that isn't his older self from FE6 is pretty wishful thinking (but still not impossible since his brother-in-law of all characters got one). He's not Luke-tier unpopular, but Karel (unlike Eldigan) is still not popular in any metric going off his CYL results: 

1: 279th; 770 votes
2: 436th; 341 votes
3: 408th; 321 votes
4: 454th; 157 votes
Total: 1,589 votes
*Note: His FE6 votes and FE7 votes are separate. The above is his FE7 total.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Next time we get a free refresher though, they ought to be green. I think Young Azura is the only free green refresher right now.

Eldingan being an Axe wouldn't be that bad either as we still don't have that many flying axes and we are lacking in green F2P dancers as you said. 

Also if he was an Axe he could give his weapon to Brave Edelgard for Damage Reduction that might even surpass B.Ike's.

Edited by SuperNova125

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Next time we get a free refresher though, they ought to be green. I think Young Azura is the only free green refresher right now.

Colorless might be a better one since we don't have a free option at all. Red has Olivia through her map, blue has Ninian through Heroes' Path, soiree Rinea, Peony who doubles as a Light Mythic, and upcoming dancing Eldigan, and green has young Azura. The closest to a free colorless option is Tethys who is in the 3* to 4* summoning pool.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's the only grail refresher, but we've also got Reyson, who's a demote, and that's even better.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, expecting Karel to get an alt that isn't his older self from FE6 is pretty wishful thinking (but still not impossible since his brother-in-law of all characters got one). He's not Luke-tier unpopular, but Karel (unlike Eldigan) is still not popular in any metric going off his CYL results: 

1: 279th; 770 votes
2: 436th; 341 votes
3: 408th; 321 votes
4: 454th; 157 votes
Total: 1,589 votes
*Note: His FE6 votes and FE7 votes are separate. The above is his FE7 total.

Yeah, Bartre is my main reference point here.

FE6 Karel is possible (and I'd say is close enough to count for something), but FE7 Karel could easily show up as the TT unit of a seasonal banner involving his sister.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Colorless might be a better one since we don't have a free option at all. Red has Olivia through her map, blue has Ninian through Heroes' Path, soiree Rinea, Peony who doubles as a Light Mythic, and upcoming dancing Eldigan, and green has young Azura. The closest to a free colorless option is Tethys who is in the 3* to 4* summoning pool.

Yeah, that is a fair point. But I was also thinking that green is still the smallest pool too.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

She's the only grail refresher, but we've also got Reyson, who's a demote, and that's even better.

Yeah, Reyson is great!

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that is a fair point. But I was also thinking that green is still the smallest pool too.

Yeah, Reyson is great!

Looking at dancers available as (non-seasonal) demotes or grail units, as of this banner:

• Red: Olivia (demote), Silvia (demote)
  • Blue: Rinea (grail), Eldigan (grail)
  • Green: Azura (grail), Reyson (demote)
  • Colorless: Tethys (demote)

If we also include 5*s with a free copy available to everyone, that adds Ninian and Peony to blue, pushing it to 4. If we include seasonal demotes, that adds Lachesis to green, pushing it to 3.

Edited by Othin

Getting a free colorless dancer at some point would be great, too. But I'm pretty happy with getting free Eldigan as a lance dancer. Technically I already have all the lance dancers, but more dancers for more team compositions and situations is always great.

But I suppose I would've also been happy with him being an axe dancer. Since both axe dancers are 5-star seasonal exclusives (and alts of the same character). Need more axe dancers, too.

40 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Getting a free colorless dancer at some point would be great, too. But I'm pretty happy with getting free Eldigan as a lance dancer. Technically I already have all the lance dancers, but more dancers for more team compositions and situations is always great.

But I suppose I would've also been happy with him being an axe dancer. Since both axe dancers are 5-star seasonal exclusives (and alts of the same character). Need more axe dancers, too.

more axe dancers?
other than Azuras who else is an axe dancer?

wait. i read this again. sorry. I'm not feeling well, and my comprehension is like zero. 
it would be nice to have a free axe dancer, but i am glad that finallly have a Lance Flying Dancer (and he's v. pretty). 

Edited by daisy jane

On 9/6/2020 at 2:37 PM, SockPuppet said:

Katarina could make for a good bride...

Of all of the alts, this would be the one that I don't want to see her in but I can see her being one if they do decide to place her on that seasonal banner.