Recommanded wife for Male Byleth. (SS)

Recommanded wife for Male Byleth. (SS)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Linhardt, Alois, Rhea, Sothis, Yuri, Constance and Hapi excluded.

Marianne is really sweet, and is the only girl who proposes to Byleth rather than the other way around. It's also the only pairing on this list that I've done on my playthroughs, as I've so far only done two playthroughs: one Crimson Flower where I paired Byleth with Edelgard, and the other being Verdant Wind where I chose Marianne. 

I do know that Lysithea and Byleth saves Lysithea's life, and it's one of the few pairings where their ending states that Byleth has kids; the others being Flayn, Manuela and Shamir. 

Both Marianne and Lysithea get quite a bit of development in their supports with Byleth. They're both great characters on their own and great S-support options imo.

Flayn also gets some cute supports with Byleth from what I've seen, so I'd say she's a good option as well. And I still really like Hilda even though she is a bit lazy and selfish.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Why doesn’t Bernadetta have more votes? He’s the only one that makes her not nervous

byleth is the only one who does a lot of things others can't because he's the avatar, it doesn't really mean much

anyway, i'd like to vote, but Rhea is not included so i'm not

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Marianne is really sweet, and is the only girl who proposes to Byleth rather than the other way around.

There's at least Catherine, Shamir, Annette, Rhea, Mercedes and Linhardt who proposed first aswell, there's probably others that i'm forgetting.

Personnaly, i'll pick Shamir over everyone else as Byleth's partner, they mostly come the same place and have mostly similar experiences, and have mostly similar behavior. The fact that i absolutely love Shamir may have biased me a little just a little tiny bit but what can i do? 

I also like how Shamir relate Byleth with her old partner, but is still able to see him as more than a shadow of the past. I also like how during their S-support, they're already set on marrying. Their endings are also one of the few of Byleth's were he and his partner are talked about as a couple, rather than Byleth and X.

Do you really ship Byleth with any of these women?  Really?  
Are you convinced that any of them would actually love someone like Byleth?  Would YOU love someone like Byleth??

I say let him stay single.  Imagine he goes on another adventure and finds love off screen...

Spare the ladies a miserable life.  I bet each of them will be grateful to you. 😉  

3 minutes ago, Rioma said:

Spare the ladies a miserable life.  I bet each of them will be grateful to you. 😉  

I know she’s not an option here but Edelgard certainly wouldn’t seem to mind 😳

Horse girl and fish girl are best waifus for minty boy

Flayn was my first choice for Byleth when I first beat the game (GD route). I thought that they were sweet together, and it fit since they both had some connection with Sothis.

Spoiler

Byleth for obvious reasons, and Flayn because I'm pretty sure she's descended from Sothis. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Marianne was my next choice, and I was planning on replaying the final map of GD to get more paired endings (I set up a save that was right before Byleth could choose who he wanted to marry). It was a really sweet ending, and the CG is so good. It's also amazing to see how far Marianne had come since the beginning of the game.

Edited by indigoasis
Punctuation error

If you're not already pairing her with Hanneman, I'd say Lysithea just to make sure her twin crests are cured.

As a side note...

Spoiler

Byleth x Rhea is pretty much incest. You probably knew already since you're on SS, but figured I'd give you a heads-up just in case.

15 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Hide contents

Byleth x Rhea is pretty much incest. You probably knew already since you're on SS, but figured I'd give you a heads-up just in case.

Wait it is? How?? I’ve done this pairing before :0 (and I’ve beaten all four routes multiple times 👀)

1 hour ago, RainbowMoon said:

If you're not already pairing her with Hanneman, I'd say Lysithea just to make sure her twin crests are cured.

Linhardt can also save Lysithea, and since this is supposed to be a Silver Snow playthrough, drattakbowser will automatically have Linhardt. 

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

Wait it is? How?? I’ve done this pairing before :0 (and I’ve beaten all four routes multiple times 👀)

Spoiler

Rhea sort-of made Byleth's mom; making her the closest thing Byleth has to a grandmother. Byleth is also the host of Sothis, who is Rhea's mom.

But people seem to be fine with pairing Byleth with Flayn, and Flayn is presumably Sothis' granddaughter. I don't really think Sothis' relations count since Byleth is simply her host, but Rhea making Byleth's mom counts in the non-biological sense. 

Edited by vanguard333

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Linhardt can also save Lysithea, and since this is supposed to be a Silver Snow playthrough, drattakbowser will automatically have Linhardt. 

Hide contents

Rhea sort-of made Byleth's mom; making her the closest thing Byleth has to a grandmother. Byleth is also the host of Sothis, who is Rhea's mom.

But people seem to be fine with pairing Byleth with Flayn, and Flayn is Sothis' granddaughter. I don't really think Sothis' relations count since Byleth is simply her host, but Rhea making Byleth's mom counts in the non-biological sense. 

Is it confirmed that

Spoiler

Seteth is the son of Sothis? Rhea never refers to him as her brother, and Seteth never describes Sothis as his mother. The Nabateans are "children of the Goddess", yes, but that doesn't necessarily indicate a literal parent-child relationship. Words like "Father" and "Sister" can have different meanings, particularly in religious contexts.

8 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Hide contents

But people seem to be fine with pairing Byleth with Flayn, and Flayn is Sothis' granddaughter. I don't really think Sothis' relations count since Byleth is simply her host, but Rhea making Byleth's mom counts in the non-biological sense. 

Spoiler

If by “making her mom” you mean putting a crest stone in her then I don’t see how that makes them related at all. And I don’t see how Flayn is Sothis’ granddaughter, although I agree that Sothis relation wouldn’t really count anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:
  Hide contents

If by “making her mom” you mean putting a crest stone in her then I don’t see how that makes them related at all. And I don’t see how Flayn is Sothis’ granddaughter, although I agree that Sothis relation wouldn’t really count anyway.

Spoiler

Wasn't Byleth's mother some kind of homunculus that Rhea created?

…Can someone who's played Silver Snow please explain this? I'm really not good at explaining this stuff as I don't have all the details; I'm just trying to state what I've read is the main problem a lot of people have with Byleth and Rhea.

Edited by vanguard333

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

…Can someone who's played Silver Snow please explain this? I'm really not good at explaining this stuff as I don't have all the details; I'm just trying to state what I've read is the main problem a lot of people have with Byleth and Rhea.

Spoiler

I was under the impression that all Rhea did was stick a crest stone in Sitri. Did she say she did more?

Rhea: I thought that I could regain all I had lost, if only I could revive my mother... And so I tried to bring her back by creating a body, and then burying a crest stone within it. A young woman I created... my twelfth try after much heartache... was a failure. 

Rhea did created Sitri from scratch, however

Rhea: Well before that, I had saved Jeralt's life using the power of my blood. That means you are the child of a mother born of the progenitor God's crest stone and a father who carried my own blood.

She didn't used her own blood when creating her.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:
Spoiler

So does that mean she impregnated herself or?

I don't know how she would do that, especially since she state that Sitri didn't have her blood so it's pretty irrational.

One thing to note tho, is that Sitri, even after dying and having the Crest Stone taken away from her she still didn't deteriorate. 

5 minutes ago, Soroen said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Ohh yeah I didn’t know that she says that although that does make sense, because we know that Rhea blood + Sothis crest stone = vessel for sothis, and Rhea implies that she would know if Sitri has Sothis inside her.

18 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Is it confirmed that

Hide contents

Seteth is the son of Sothis? Rhea never refers to him as her brother, and Seteth never describes Sothis as his mother. The Nabateans are "children of the Goddess", yes, but that doesn't necessarily indicate a literal parent-child relationship. Words like "Father" and "Sister" can have different meanings, particularly in religious contexts.

Spoiler

Seteth and Flayn aren't related to Sothis, Rhea or Byleth as far as I know. I think "children of the Goddess" is basically just a fancy name people use for the Nabateans.

It doesn't really matter if Sitri had Rhea's blood, imo. According to Cindered Shadows, they had a clear mother/daughter relationship, even if they weren't related by blood. Rhea also takes on a noticably calmer, more grandmotherly tone whenever she's alone with Byleth (which makes a certain scene at the end of chapter 10 especially unnerving). None of this exactly lends itself well to a romance between Byleth and Rhea.