Will my friends plans to make the beatable make the game far too easy?

James Marshall

A friend of mine claims to have never had much luck in playing Immortal Sword and wants to see more of its brilliant story so much that he plans to use a hack that he made to make it easy enough for him to win but I fear that he's going to make it too easy. What do you think?. Here are his planned changes and the boosted starting levels and stats of the character he knows he'll get

Here are the extra customized Features

Regardless of when they normally join and the stats and levels they normally join at all characters start at the best that he ever had them at

This can make several of the easy early battles impossible to lose but it also means that units get very low experance

For example in The 1st Battle were you use Uther he’s normally level 1, but here he’s Level 11 and therefore every time he fights gains the same experance that A Level 11 unit would

Even worse is that Marcus who in the official game joins you at a decent level in a trainee class would start out as A Paladin

Even worse is that his stats that for the first battle and likely most if not all the first half of the game are god-like and for at least the 1st 6 Battles will fell any foe that isn’t a boss in 1 hit and will even fell most bosses in 1 hit and always fell them In 2 hits

Just a shame that even when first recruited although their boosted levels and stats make them several times more powerful then they are in the main game most units can’t solo entire maps for more then the first 3 or 4 maps

That means very little if any experance for most if not all of my units, but at least those units will now be well worth using whereas normally they would too weak for more then 1 or 2 battles

Even if they can’t be recruited Green Units and Yellow Units that get you benefits or A Side-Quest if some or all of them survive can’t die

For example Bret and his 3 Sons in The Battle were you defend their village and if all 4 survive you get A Side-Quest

No matter what damage they take your units will survive with at least 1Hp left and this even applies when playing on Classic Mode on Hardest Setting Units

As well as which in The Battle were you defend their village in order to make sure that they aren’t completely worthless I want Bret and his 3 Sons boosted big-time and have listed what I want their stats boosted too

As well as which in cases were certain units have to talk to each other and/or do something else it happens automatically

Saying that though if they have to talk to each other more then once each of them can only do it once per turn, which means that it their can be no more then 2 talks per turn

For example in The Battle were you defend The village of Bret and his 3 Sons if Eagler learns the enemy slipping through their Defence’s isn’t Marcus’s fault, which requires getting the truth out of 2 other units that you have to use during the fight, then you get A Knights Crest

Despite the fact that due to the hacks I want done to the game in the Chapter were you defend their village Bret and his 3 sons can’t die in order that they can be of some use I want their stats boosted to the values listed later

Here are The Characters of The Fan-Made Immortal Sword at the highest levels and with the best stats they ever had, which like I said earlier is what I want the levels and stats that they start with changed to

He has since decided that all as well as the boosts they have to their initial stats and levels that all characters are to gain +5Hp, +2 to all others stats and +20% to all their growth rates and that even applies to characters that are recruited later in the game then my friend has got, which is why they aren't listed here

And

That +5Hp and +2 to all others stats also goes to all Green Units and all Yellow Units that help you but don’t join you, for example Brat and his 3 sons that are all called Junior that aide you in 1 of the missions

1st part

The 1st and only group

Harmut. He is A Level 10 Hero. 75Hp, Str 26+2, Skill 22, Spd 18, Lck 17, Def 24+2 and Res 24. S with Swords. B with Axes. C with Bows. C with Lances

Melios. He is A Level 5 Berserker. 80Hp, Str 24, Skill 21, Spd 16, Lck 14, Def 16 and Res 14. S with Axes

2nd part

1st group

Uther. He is A Level 11 Lord. 47Hp, Str 14, Skill 12, Spd 13, Lck 12, Def 14 and Res 8 when sober. 47Hp, Str 14, Skill 6, Spd 6, Lck 12, Def 14 and Res 8 when drunk. A with Swords

Madelyn. She is A Level 11 Medic. Level 5 Troubadour. 41Hp, Mag 16, Skill 10, Spd 14, Lck 15, Def 8 and Res 15. A with Staffs

Hassar. He is A Level 11 Nomad. 39Hp, Str 13, Skill 14, Spd 16, Lck 12, Def 10 and Res 8. B with Bows

Marcus. He is A Level 11 Recruit. Level 12 Vanguard. Level 2 Paladin. 49Hp, Str 16+2, Skill 18, Spd 18, Lck 12,  Def 14 and Res 9. A with Lances. C with Swords

Harken. He is A Level 10 Drifter. 38Hp, Str 13, Skill 10, Spd 10, Lck 8, Def 7 and Res 3. C with Swords

Isadora. She is A Level 8 Squire. 33Hp, Str 10, Skill 10, Spd 12, Lck 8, Def 7 and Res 3. C with Swords

Eagler. He is A Level 5 Paladin. 51Hp, Str 14+2, Skill 14, Spd 13, Lck 11, Def 14 and Res 6. A with Lances. A with Swords

Cybil. She is A Level 10 Skywatcher. 32Hp, Str 9, Skill 12, Spd 14, Lck 8, Def 9 and Res 10. C with Lances

Toni. She is A Level 8 Scout. 32Hp, Str 9, Skill 11, Spd 119, Lck9, Def 7 and Res 4. C with Bows

Eiry. She is A Level 9 Pupil. 33Hp, Mag 14, Skill 9, Spd 13, Lck 16, Def 6 and Res 12. C with Dark

Magnus. He is A Level 11 Page. Level 3 Mage. 46Hp, Mag 10, Skill 9, Spd 8, Lck 8, Def 8 and Res 14. C with Thunder Magic. D with Fire Magic

Leonard. He is A Level 10 Thief. 39Hp, Str 14+1, Skill 13, Spd 16, Lck 9, Def 8 and Res 6. C with Swords

Augustus. He is A Level 6 none-mobile Transporter. 34Hp, Str 2, Skill 2, Spd 15, Lck 17, Def 11 and Res 8. No specialty, but he lets me store things and his Provision Skill heals up to 10Hp to each adjacent unit per turn

Fargus. He is A Level 11 Corsair. 44Hp, Str 15, Skill 11, Spd 12, Lck 7, Def 12 and Res 11 when sober. 44Hp, Str 15, Skill 5, Spd 6, Lck 7, Def 12 and Res 11 when drunk. B with Axes

Bennet. He is A Level 10 Soldier. 43Hp, Str 12, Skill 14, Spd 14, Lck 9, Def 14 and Res 7. C with Lances

Allied units. Not including those that can’t fight or that join you

From Chapter 7

Brat. He is A Level 12 Fighter. Level 1 Warrior. 56Hp, Str 20+2, Skill 15, Spd 17, Lck 13, Def 17+2 and Res 12. C with Axes. C with Bows

The Oldest of  Brats sons who is called Junior. He is A Level 18 Fighter. 52Hp, Str 17+2, Skill 14, Spd 15, Lck 11, Def 17+2 and Res 11. E with Axes

The 2nd Oldest of Brats sons who is also called Junior. He is A Level 18 Fighter, 54Hp, Level Str 20+2, Skill 17, Spd 18, Lck 18, Def 20+2 and Res 11. E with Axes

The Youngest Oldest of Brats sons who is also called Junior. He is A Level 18 Fighter. 56Hp, Str 17+2, Skill 16, Spd 18, Lck 17, Def 16+2 and Res 12. E with Axes

2nd group

Tristan. He is A Level 11 Lord. 37Hp, Str 17, Skill 14, Spd 16, Lck 13, Def 10 and Res 6. B with Axes

Reno. She is A Level 8 Ascetic. 33Hp, Mag 10, Skill 13, Spd 12, Lck 11, Def 4 and Res 9. C with Light

Celeste. She is A Level 11 Zweihander. 47Hp, Str 15, Skill 12, Spd 10, Lck 10, Def 15 and Res 10+2. B with Swords

Gado. He is A Level 8 Ruffian. 39Hp, Str 11, Skill 12, Spd 10, Lck 8, Def 7 and Res 3. C with Axes

Shen. He is A Level 7 Journeymen. 35Hp, Str 10, Skill 7, Spd 11, Lck 9, Def 10 and Res 3. C with Axes

3rd group

Eliza

She is A Level 11 Lord. 45Hp, Str 12, Skill 12, Spd 13, Lck 10, Def 13 and Res 8. C with Lances

Brendan. He is A Level 5 Warrior. 54Hp, Str 20+2, Skill 12, Spd 12, Lck 11, Def 16+2 and Res 6. S with Axes. B with Bows

Zephyr. She is A Level 9 Pegasus Knight. 37Hp, Str 11, Skill 14, Spd 15, Lck 9, Def 6 and Res 8. C with Lances

Melanie. She is A Level 10 Thief. 35Hp, Str 8+4, Skill 14, Spd 17, Lck 7, Def 8 and Res 3. C with Swords

William. He is A Level 13 Cleric. 44Hp, Mag 13, Skill 10, Spd 12, Lck 16, Def 8 and Res 16. A with Staffs

Elle. She is A Level 3 Bishop. 40Hp, Mag 14, Skill 16, Spd 17, Lck 13, Def 10 and Res 12. C with Light. E with Staffs

Vadia. She is A Level 11 Dracoknight. 48Hp, Str 15, Skill 9, Spd 11, Lck 10, Def 16 and Res 5. B with Lances

Saka. She is A Level 15 Mercenary. 42Hp, Str 15+3, Skill 16, Spd 14, Lck 11, Def 9+2 and Res 14. B with Swords

Edited by James Marshall

I mean, if he's playing it only for the story, then I wouldn't be too concerned about difficulty-Otherwise, yeah, adding bonuses to bases and vastly improving growth rates probably will make the game rather easy. This isn't necessarily a problem, though.

So to answer the question of the thread: Yes, but depending on what your friend is looking for, it won't be a problem.

Edited by Benice

Moved to Questions. Looking at your history of topic creation, OP, many of your recent topics should have come either here or to Concepts. Fan Projects Main is for ROMhacks / fangames that are in (or at least very close to) a playable state.

Edited by Parrhesia