Personal Skill Ideas

RomanFlour

This is a bit of a for fun topic, wherein the idea is a "what if characters in a Blazing Blade remake get personal skills?": This is mainly assuming only personal skills, and the game stays the same gameplay-wise.

I'll start with:
Rebecca - Countershot: Rebecca counters attacks that she dodges at 1 range.

Assuming it's a faithful remake, the very first ones I thought of

• Nino-Paragon
  • Marcus-Mercy
  • Lyn-Distant counter. Or something that would make her decent.
  • Hector/Oswin-Armor march.

A few other things would be nice, such as Sain having Gentilhomme and Kent having Loyalty.

Ooh, fun!

Farina- Profiteer: Luck percent chance to obtain a gold bar on the first seven turns (although they might change this to just normal gold).

Florina- Quiet Strength: Allies within two spaces receive minus two damage. (Also the personal ability of Sakura!)

Fiora- Guardian: Adjacent female allies deal 3 extra damage during combat. (Also the personal ability of Seteth!)

Edited by Sooks1016

23 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Farina- Profiteer: Luck percent chance to obtain a gold bar on the first seven turns (although they might change this to just normal gold).

Alternatively, maybe something akin to despoil would work too? A bit gruesome, but she really do want that cash. Maybe both?

Also, a few more weirder ones-

Karel-Deathmatch, both units go into five round of combat.

Bartre-Firey blood, (basically persecution complex.)

Dorcas-Armsthrift. Every time a weapon is used, there is a 1/4 chance not lose durabilty.

Canas: Discipline-doubles wexp gains, can S rank multiple weapon types.

Pent/Louise: Power of love-When within three spaces of Louise/Pent, gets +25 to crit.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alternatively, maybe something akin to despoil would work too? A bit gruesome, but she really do want that cash. Maybe both?

Dorcas-Armsthrift. Every time a weapon is used, there is a 1/4 chance not lose durabilty.

Actually, just think about it... Despoil on Dorcas instead. 🙃

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Actually, just think about it... Despoil on Dorcas instead. 🙃

You're right but I hate it.

Armsthrift would actually make sense on Farina, too, actually.

A few more ideas:

Lucius- Elimine’s blessing: Adjacent units recover up to 20% hp (I’m 99% an ability like this already exists somewhere but oh well).

Raven- Vengeance: deals +10 damage when adjacent to an Ostian, Ertruian, or Cornwellian? ally (so Hector, Matthew, Oswin, Serra, Erk, Priscilla, Lucius, and maybe Nino, Canas, Pent, and Louise, I forget if they’re Etrurian). Side note: this doesn’t stack.

Wil- Sociable: When adjacent to an ally, +15 Avo and +15 Crit Avo

Serra- Damsel: Heals 10% more hp when there isn’t an enemy within 3 spaces.

Geitz- Wanderer: When an ally isn’t within 3 spaces, avo +20 and crit +15

Lowen- Apprentice: Deals +10 damage when adjacent to a higher leveled unit.

Alternative:

Raven- Edgy swordlord: Capped stats at base, can use all weapons and magic, S ranked every weapon and magic at base, crit and avo +100, supports with every unit, 100% growths, x2 exp, 100% chance to not consume weapon uses, effective against every enemy type, and can use any item.

Edited by Sooks1016

11 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

and maybe Nino, Canas, Pent, and Louise, I forget if they’re Etrurian).

Nino is... We don't actually know, I think. Canas is Ilian, and Pent and Louise are Etrurian scum.

15 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I’m 99% an ability like this already exists somewhere but oh well

I believe that it's Voice of Peace?

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Raven- Edgy swordlord: Capped stats at base, can use all weapons and magic, S ranked every weapon and magic at base, crit and avo +100, supports with every unit, 100% growths, x2 exp, 100% chance to not consume weapon uses, effective against every enemy type, and can use any item.

Why is this my LP's Raven in a nutshell?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why is this my LP's Raven in a nutshell?

because it’s every LP’s edgy sword user in a nutshell

Oh also did I forget any Etrurian, Ostian, or Cornwellian characters?

Edited by Sooks1016

16 minutes ago, German FE Nino said:

Isn't Pent already the best when he is in the supportrange of Louise? No need to make him into a magical FE6 swordmaster too.

I mean, Pent breaks the game already, although I suppose I was going under the assumption that supports would be nerfed in a remake to allow for more supports. But true enough, Pent could have a skill that gives him negative growths and he'd still fare well.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Benice said:

Karel-Deathmatch, both units go into five round of combat.

That sounds super interesting. Probably not very practical in most cases but definitely fun. Alternatively, I always imagined Karel as a masochist. So a Vengeance or Persecution Complex type ability.

For Raven, something to make him less susceptible to getting RNG screwed.

Personal Abilities could be a great way to balance weak units, such as the Nino Paragon idea. 

Wallace - Juggernaut - Breaks enemies like twigs beneath his boots.

Lyn - Sacaen Pride - I don't know what it would do but the name seems appropriate. 

10 minutes ago, Whisky said:

That sounds super interesting. Probably not very practical in most cases but definitely fun.

Actually, that one' from Berwick-it's exceptional in Berwick, (and the second best unit in the game has it, he's a myrmidon/swordmaster as well.) and I guess I felt that it was aprpriatw for Karel, although Vengeance or Persecution complex-copies also would work.

10 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Lyn - Sacaen Pride - I don't know what it would do but the name seems appropriate.

Hm...Maybe a distant counter effect so she can be helpful, assuming that FE7 remains the same in terms of difficulty?

Edited by Benice

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hm...Maybe a distant counter effect so she can be helpful, assuming that FE7 remains the same in terms of difficulty?

I was having trouble figuring out how that would work narratively. It wouldn't make sense for her to start shooting out lightning bolts like Retribution in 3H. But I think I figured it out. She can create shockwaves when she swings her sword. So basically every Sword becomes a Wind Sword in Lyn's hands. That would definitely make her a lot better. It would make Bows even less useful for her than they already are if they game plays similarly to how it is now. Bows need to be buffed in some way. 3 Range or something.

30 minutes ago, Whisky said:

What about +10 damage on plain tiles? She does have a serious strength problem.

Building off of that:

Eliwood- Pherean Virtue: +5 strength and speed when adjacent to an ally (also sounds broken but keep in mind Eliwood also sucks)

I really have no clue what to do for Hector though.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

What about +10 damage on plain tiles? She does have a serious strength problem.

Building off of that:

Eliwood- Pherean Virtue: +5 strength and speed when adjacent to an ally (also sounds broken but keep in mind Eliwood also sucks)

I really have no clue what to do for Hector though.

+10 and +5 damage seems huge. Maybe tone down the numbers a bit?

Lyn relies on terrain like Forests since she really does like getting hit. So, I actually like the idea. It makes enough sense with her background and it makes you think about whether you need the defensive bonuses from the forest or the damage boost from her ability more. Gives you something extra to consider and strategize around.

5 minutes ago, Whisky said:

+10 and +5 damage seems huge. Maybe tone down the numbers a bit?

you don’t know... the things I’ve experienced...

but you’re right, maybe I was being a bit overdramatic. They’re not that bad unless on higher difficulties, but then keeping it for that reason kind of destroys the point of higher difficulties

Edited by Sooks1016

21 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

you don’t know... the things I’ve experienced...

but you’re right, maybe I was being a bit overdramatic. They’re not that bad unless on higher difficulties, but then keeping it for that reason kind of destroys the point of higher difficulties

They are bad on lower difficulties too. They perform better in combat but so do other units, and if every unit is good in combat then mounts, utility, and 1-2 range become the primary factors in determining overall unit quality. Being Sword locked is really bad in this game. Actually, now that I think about it more, +5 damage seems like a lot but I don’t think it would make Lyn too good. She would still have a lot of weaknesses so it probably would be fine. Oh wait, you said 10? Yeah, that’s a lot.

Edited by Whisky

4 minutes ago, Whisky said:

They are bad on lower difficulties too.

Of course they’re bad, I just meant not bad enough to warrant whatever I was thinking when I put down those numbers, lol.