Your Opinion of the Above Posted Video

Randoman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew that Romeo and Juliet was inspired by a volcano myth. Looks like Shakespeare continues to be unoriginal.

(Per the rules, you can just watch the first four minutes.)

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

A pretty good anime opening, though I do wish they had more focus on other characters for it

It was actually an ending; that the reason it only focused on the one character. 

Weird video/10

Here's the opening for the same anime arc as that ending (plenty of other characters in this one, as this arc was a very climactic one):

I... guess it's cool. I'm sorry to say, as much as I want to give the video a chance and enjoy it as its own thing, it just exudes "PS1 era and onward Square" to me, which I utterly despise. There are some "PS1 era and onward Square" games that I enjoy, like Dissidia and the FF1-6 Advance remakes (and the PSP remakes for the ones that received them), but Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII isn't one of them, as cool and flashy as the fight scenes in the video were.

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

I... guess it's cool. I'm sorry to say, as much as I want to give the video a chance and enjoy it as its own thing, it just exudes "PS1 era and onward Square" to me, which I utterly despise. There are some "PS1 era and onward Square" games that I enjoy, like Dissidia and the FF1-6 Advance remakes (and the PSP remakes for the ones that received them), but Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII isn't one of them, as cool and flashy as the fight scenes in the video were.

I see. Personally, I dislike XV as well both for how the game ended up and for what Square Enix's upper management did that resulted in this game's horrific ten-year development. Apparently the game's original director, Tetsuya Nomura, is still extremely upset about what happened (and despite what many still believe for some reason, what happened to the game was neither his fault nor Tabata's). I try to enjoy this trailer on its own (as what it shows is really cool), but I can't help but think about what happened. So, I completely understand how you feel even though my reasons are a bit different. 

Anyway, may as well review the video you posted. …I'm not sure I understand it. 

Here's a video for those who dislike how anime generally handles romantic subplots (which is to say, poorly). It's one of the most wholesome scenes I've seen in the last two years, and it happens in episode nine of the show (for context, he's a peasant-turned-noble and she's his court mage):

Edited by vanguard333