Your Opinion of the Above Posted Video

Randoman

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Markiplier videos I've seen before were him playing various Mario Maker levels, so this was interesting... /10

Even though a truly epic fight just happened in the most recent of Black Clover and I'd love to show you all some of the truly incredible animation, the last couple videos I've posted have been about Black Clover, so I think I'll post something else this time:

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Amazing. I've never watched this before. I think I would give it a shot. 

It's a really good show; it's seriously underrated in the sense that not many watched it when it first released, but it has a pretty good story and interesting characters and such. Plus it's one of very few anime where the protagonist and the leading lady are actually open and honest about their feelings and get together relatively early on in the show (so none of those dumb clichés like the protagonist being extremely dense or anything like that).

Anyway, since I'm replying to you, I may as well review the video you posted. Good music, I don't really understand what's going on since I've never played Street Fighter, but now I think I know where the Iron Fist Netflix show got the inspiration for the black-ink-&-smoke effect in its opening. I mean; besides wanting to do something similar to the red fluid in the Daredevil opening obviously.

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for me to post; please bear in mind that this is only one small piece of a several-minute-long epic fight:

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Amazing. I've never watched this before. I think I would give it a shot. 

Or here’s a better idea, read the manga instead. The anime adaptation isn’t the best cause it’s studio Perriot the definition of inconsistency.

Speaking of, I need to read more of the manga. That fight looks interesting though.

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Or here’s a better idea, read the manga instead. The anime adaptation isn’t the best cause it’s studio Perriot the definition of inconsistency.

Speaking of, I need to read more of the manga. That fight looks interesting though.

I'm pretty sure Hasechi was actually talking about the video I posted of Record of Grancrest War, which was animated by A-1 Pictures. 

Yeah; even I'll admit that Black Clover's animation wasn't the most consistent when it began, but that was less because of Studio Perriot in-of-itself and more because of Studio Perriot putting all its eggs in the much more marketable Boruto basket and leaving the Black Clover animation team overworked, understaffed and seriously underfunded. You know those those dumb, "When the animators are paid/fed" jokes that people make about anime fight scenes? Well, sadly, those jokes had a ring of truth to them in the case of Black Clover for a fair bit of time.

Fortunately, it hasn't stopped them from churning out some amazing works of animation, and the most recent arc in particular has been able to churn out consistently good animation thanks to an increase in funding and animators, many of whom incidentally started off as fans of Black Clover. That fight scene that I posted, in addition to being animated by the main Black Clover animation team, was largely animated by Black Clover fans, with it having been their first time in professional animating. The show's also soon going to be going on hiatus for a while to keep from overtaking the manga.

Anyway, onto reviewing the video above mine: reminds me of watching this movie in high school English class.

Here's a Black Clover fight scene that you won't see in the manga because it's from an anime-canon episode (not filler, anime-canon):

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; even I'll admit that Black Clover's animation wasn't the most consistent when it began, but that was less because of Studio Perriot in-of-itself and more because of Studio Perriot putting all its eggs in the much more marketable Boruto basket and leaving the Black Clover animation team overworked, understaffed and seriously underfunded. You know those those dumb, "When the animators are paid/fed" jokes that people make about anime fight scenes? Well, sadly, those jokes had a ring of truth to them in the case of Black Clover for a fair bit of time.

Fortunately, it hasn't stopped them from churning out some amazing works of animation, and the most recent arc in particular has been able to churn out consistently good animation thanks to an increase in funding and animators, many of whom incidentally started off as fans of Black Clover. That fight scene that I posted, in addition to being animated by the main Black Clover animation team, was largely animated by Black Clover fans, with it having been their first time in professional animating. The show's also soon going to be going on hiatus for a while to keep from overtaking the manga.

Such is the fate of the anime industry. It’s not even Studio Perriot focusing more on Boruto. Naruto’s anime adaptation had a lot of these issues too. It’s just Studio Perriot being Studio Perriot. They are by and large one of the most disorganized and inconsistent studios in the industry and most anime studios are already disorganized as is. Their studio management is worse than the norm which says a lot. Animators in Japan are exempt from minimum wage laws and that’s something not exclusive to Perriot. The only two studios I know of that actually pay their animators are KyoAni and Ufotable. Why recently heard of a story of a guy who was hospitalized due to MadHouse overworking him like 300 hours a week. The anime industry certainly has its problems.

Anyway, I want to avoid spoilers right now so I’ll just say the girl is cute.

https://youtu.be/r0E90DgZdqU

On 3/16/2021 at 8:30 PM, Ottservia said:

Such is the fate of the anime industry. It’s not even Studio Perriot focusing more on Boruto. Naruto’s anime adaptation had a lot of these issues too. It’s just Studio Perriot being Studio Perriot. They are by and large one of the most disorganized and inconsistent studios in the industry and most anime studios are already disorganized as is. Their studio management is worse than the norm which says a lot. Animators in Japan are exempt from minimum wage laws and that’s something not exclusive to Perriot. The only two studios I know of that actually pay their animators are KyoAni and Ufotable. Why recently heard of a story of a guy who was hospitalized due to MadHouse overworking him like 300 hours a week. The anime industry certainly has its problems.

I see. Interesting. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I figured it was a case of all-the-eggs-in-another-basket because, well, Boruto and Black Clover released within a year of each other, and Boruto got a ton of funding and a lot more animators than Black Clover and its animation was relatively consistent from the start. It's rather easy to see that and come to the conclusion of, "Okay, we're making two shows. Which one is more marketable?"

Incidentally, the Boruto and Black Clover fandoms used to be very friendly until the Black Clover fandom began to suspect Studio Perriot was showing favoritism to Boruto. Now, it's not nearly as bad as, say, relations between the MHA fandom and literally every other anime fandom, but things did apparently get a bit tense.

By the way, since Record of Grancrest War (the other anime I had posted a video for) was made by A-1 Pictures, I'm curious: does A-1 Pictures have any particular issues?

As for the video, I can honestly say I've never watched Digimon. The music instead made me think of stuff like the classic Megaman games. 

Sasuke vs Kinshiki | Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - YouTube

Edited by vanguard333

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Your video link has problem. I cant see anything

I see. That's very strange. I wonder why that is, especially since I can see it just fine. I'll try again by editing my reply and changing it from the video to just the link. If it still doesn't work, please let me know and I'll replace it with a different video.

Edited by vanguard333

Reminding me of... actually, I never saw Henry IV in any of my classes. Bad fight choreography and costuming, but good acting.

This one is five minutes long; you can either watch all of it (note that the song ends at around 4:34), or since it's the "full" version (as in the entire song), you can instead watch the version that was used as the show's opening, which is just a minute and 30 seconds and which I'll post below it as a link. Just please let me know which version you watched when stating your opinion on it:

Violet Evergarden Opening HD | Sincerely | - YouTube

Edited by vanguard333