Your Opinion of the Above Posted Video

Randoman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first instinct was to want to make a funny reference to the Arthurian Legend Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, but I can't think of anything fitting. The most notable moment in that story is that Gawain cuts off the Green Knight's head and the Green Knight simply picks his head back up, and I can't really make a song pun out of that.

I'll just say that the song's pretty decent.

51 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

The montante sword looks really unwieldly! That looks like at least a metre and a half. How heavy is it? And what era?

It's a lot lighter and less unwieldy than you'd think; generally weighing between 4 and 8 pounds (with 8 pounds being really heavy for a sword of this size). That said, they still have enough heft to them that you can't just start-&-stop them; you really need to keep the momentum going, as shown in the video.

These types of swords existed in the 16th Century; they were mainly used by bodyguards, though they also had battlefield applications in the form of guarding chokepoints and disrupting pike blocks.

55 minutes ago, Randoman said:

It's pretty cool, seeing people re-enact fighting styles from the medieval times for tourists.

Yeah; it is cool. However, I must point out that I believe you got ninja'd, as someone else posted before you did.

Anyway, now I'll review your video: I must admit; the closest thing to a Jackie Chan film I've seen is the Kung Fu Panda films. Is it just me, or did the fast-forwarding in that clip seem really obvious?

@Dayni The video you post is supposed to be four minutes long or less unless you want the person who watches it to only watch a specific part of it.

As it happens, I saw the first bit of this video already anyway, so I can post my opinion on it: I saw the bait-&-switch coming a mile away.

Edited by vanguard333

Unfortunately, this scene is heavy in dialogue, and I couldn't watch it with the volume on (I was in an area with other people and I did not have my headphones), so I have almost no idea what was going on in this scene.

I can say that a hat shot by a gun won't move like that; it'll just have a hole in it.