New Game + no longer working

Ever since I downloaded the DLC expansion pack my NG+ has stopped working. Even tho I use it every time I start a new game, from my most recent cleared-game data. At first I thought that it just didn’t apply to the Ashen Wolves, but I’ve recently found out that it’s also stopped working for all of my units and areas of NG+. How do I fix this, or what is going wrong?

On 9/9/2020 at 1:53 AM, Sooks1016 said:

Well what do you mean by “not working”? What features do you not have access to?

I have access to all my current features but the data And progress from my most recent Save files are not transferring. For example I levelled Ingrid’s reason to A in my most recent cleared-game data but In the NG+ it says that her reason has never been levelled.

26 minutes ago, StanningHilda said:

I have access to all my current features but the data And progress from my most recent Save files are not transferring. For example I levelled Ingrid’s reason to A in my most recent cleared-game data but In the NG+ it says that her reason has never been levelled.

Is the NG+ and the previous run in the same playthrough chain? As in, did you complete a run-through with Ingrid getting A reason, then use that cleared-game data to start a new run where Ingrid can't buy back her A rank? 

6 hours ago, haarhaarhaar said:

Is the NG+ and the previous run in the same playthrough chain? As in, did you complete a run-through with Ingrid getting A reason, then use that cleared-game data to start a new run where Ingrid can't buy back her A rank? 

Yes! That explains it so much better thank you ☺️ They’re all within the same chain

12 minutes ago, StanningHilda said:

They’re all within the same chain

Hmm, that really is strange. Presumably this is even though you have enough Renown and have recruited Ingrid in your current playthrough as well? Those are the only normal reasons I can think of as to why NG+ won't let you buy back ranks. What exactly is shown on screen when you try to buy the ranks back?

On 9/12/2020 at 7:18 PM, haarhaarhaar said:

Hmm, that really is strange. Presumably this is even though you have enough Renown and have recruited Ingrid in your current playthrough as well? Those are the only normal reasons I can think of as to why NG+ won't let you buy back ranks. What exactly is shown on screen when you try to buy the ranks back?

Yeah. The screen basically looks like I haven’t levelled the reason in previous game data, even though I have. The hours of gameplay are transferred over each time but none of the NG+ benefits are

14 hours ago, StanningHilda said:

The screen basically looks like I haven’t levelled the reason in previous game data, even though I have. The hours of gameplay are transferred over each time but none of the NG+ benefits are

Do you have a different NG+ chain this can be tested on? As in, starting a new run from a cleared-game save file outside of your current chain, and seeing if everything has transferred over. If it hasn't, then the overwrite function might have been corrupted somehow? This is pretty outside my expertise though, so I'm not too sure - sorry I can't help more.