Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

In this thread, ask the above poster something you want to learn about them, whether it be "in real life" facts about them (don't make it too personal, though), their hobbies, favourite foods/shows/video games, their opinions on various things, etc. And if you get asked a question, you're encouraged (but you don't have) to give an answer. It's completely fine if you don't want to answer a given question for whatever reason, whether it be feeling that the question is too personal, you not having a confident enough answer to give, etc. This is basically a fun way to get to know fellow SF members better.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it was pretty good. Nothing particularly bad happened today, and it was relatively uneventful. Just work at home keying in kitchen renovation orders, checking out youtube, GoNintendo, and serenesforest, and playing Super Mario Maker 2.

What were some of the very first video games that you played as a kid?

Maybe. My computer's a bit iffy when it comes to emulation, so sometimes GC emulation works perfectly and other times PS2 works like garbage. I'm not opposed to playing it. How would you rate the difficulty compared to say, Radiant Dawn normal?

Berwick Saga is quite hard, but not impossible. (I would recommend putting a save-state at the start of every turn, since there's a lot that can go wrong, and errors from two turns back really bite you.) The difficulty is different than RD's difficulty, but I'd say that a lot of the maps towards the midgame are close to Elincia's gambit difficulty, but the first few maps are very good tutorials, and you get a lot of godlike units who can make it easier. The difficulty curve is good, but just a little bit sharp-the jump from Ch. 4 to Ch. 5 is fairly big. Kaga is merciful for once, so there are battle saves every five turns so you don't have to completely restart if you need to reset, and the difficulty is fair. (I think that there are one or two instances of Kaga's jankiness in a few maps, but generally it warns you to some extent...)

I'd say that a lot of the challenge also comes from getting used to the mechanics. I personally died a ton in my first playthrough, but this time around I've done MUCH better as I've figured out the mechanics more. (PM me IF you decide to play, since it is varies in several mechanics-It plays a lot like an FE game, but at first glance it doesn't necessarily look like one.)

What's your advice for the prison break chapter in PoR if I want to sneak?

Edited by Benice

Don't. Trust me. It's better to fight the enemies and get the exp to get through. It's waaaaay too time consuming to sneak.

Why do you dislike Path of Radiance's maps so much? They're far from the worst in the series.

Because they're very, very slow. I didn't mind so much in RD, since there was generally a fair amount of difficulty, but in PoR's, the maps are generally fairly simple. I can still enjoy easy FEs, (FE8 is still one of my personal favorite games) but every enemy phase taking so long is rather annoying.

I will say that hyper-buffing enemies has made it more interesting, though.

What is the weakest house unit-wise in Three Houses in your opinion?

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Cats are cute. I like them. Although they tend to be a bit temperamental compared to most dogs.

What was your first FE?

FE7; S.S.B. Brawl introduced me to Fire Emblem, but i found the motivation to actually play one when i found out a YT channel called "MaySunders92" (now just "May", stopped uploading videos 2 years ago, 100% of the channel's contents are in italian), who was doing a FE7 Let's Play (that's also one of the reasons why i love erk)

is there a non-FE game you think more people should play and appreciate? if so, what is it?

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

is there a non-FE game you think more people should play and appreciate? if so, what is it?

Rune Factory 4 (Special) - A very charming life sim/ARPG/farming sim and one of my favorite 3DS games (it also got a Switch port earlier this year). The gameplay loop is very satisying and the story and characters are so well done, imo.

What is your fav Smash game?

Edited by twilitfalchion

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What is your fav Smash game?

i'm torn between Brawl and Ultimate, since the former is a huge part of my childhood and even something more, while Ultimate is what i love about Smash (in a nutshell, being "Videogame: The Game") but enhanced by 500%

if i really must pick one of the 2, i'd pick Ultimate: seeing so many characters from so many different franchises reunited in a single game is simply incredible, and i don't want Sakurai to stop here and that's also why i still hate Byleth's inclusion so much but that's my problem i guess

why is Tidus from Final Fantasy X so hated? is it really just for the scene where he laughs?

Edited by Yexin

Who's your favorite character to be included in Smash? (As a Fighter, Spirit, Assist Trophy, Sticker, etc.)

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks!

Their username on zerochan is SubaruSumeragi.

Here's the link to the original art. They have other work on there as well.

https://www.zerochan.net/2643278

That art is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

why is Tidus from Final Fantasy X so hated? is it really just for the scene where he laughs?

That's a good question. I don't know, but having been told about the context of the scene I would say that the awkward laugh makes sense. I wouldn't hate him for it.

---------

No problem. There's a lot of quality work on zerochan.

Why is Gaiden your favorite FE?

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why is Gaiden your favorite FE?

That's an excellent question, actually. My reasoning as for why it's my favorite is that without Gaiden, we wouldn't have gotten Shadows of Valentia, which I absolutely adore. Technically SoV would be my favorite, but Gaiden also has broken warp strats, which Echoes nerfed, so that's a point in Gaiden's favor, haha.

Who are the four characters in the picture in your signature? I know top right is Lysithea, so I guess what I'm asking is, who are the other three?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

21 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

How'd you come up with your username?

I came up with it back in high school, when all the student council members had to come up with names/titles that would be on their student council T-shirts. Since I'd come up with and run random events for pep rallies like flour blowing contests and jello eating contests, I figured Randoman was a good student council title for me. I'm nowhere near as random these days as I was back then, but I'm still significantly more random than the average person.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

Who are the four characters in the picture in your signature? I know top right is Lysithea, so I guess what I'm asking is, who are the other three?

Top left: Dolce (from Rune Factory 4)

Bottom left: Estelle Bright (from the Trails series)

Bottom right: Kloe Rinz (also from the Trails series)

-------------

Who is your avatar?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

21 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who is your avatar?

Uh... I'd rather not answer that question publicly since I don't want people to learn about him and his series, and risk making his hatebase higher than it already is.