Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

Some of my favorites as a kid were the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Transformers: Cybertron, and Ben 10 (and it’s spin offs or sequels).

Same question for you, if that’s okay.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What personality traits do you value most when it comes to your friends/making potential friends?

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same question for you, if that’s okay.

The main shows that come to mind are Rupert, The Magic School Bus, and Popular Mechanics for Kids.

Most important to me in a friend is someone who will accept me for who I am, while also helping me to improve myself, and at the same time hopefully I can do the same for them. Honesty and sensitivity as well.

What genres of music do you enjoy?

Edited by twilitfalchion

What would you say is your favorite book?

On 9/9/2020 at 10:04 PM, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

I'd say I'm rather laid back, and I try not to take things too seriously, at least on the internet. I also try to be comical and lighten the mood for others, but sometimes it's only me who gets my own joke. When it comes to getting things done, I either put it off for a good while, or hyper-focus on completing it.

What are some of your favourite foods?

22 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What genres of music do you enjoy?

These days I mostly listen to songs by the Russian singer Vitas (which mostly consist of opera music) and video game music (Secret of Evermore and Final Fantasy are the games/series that I've most recently listened to).

2 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some of your favourite foods?

Steak and potatoes is a classic combo, but I also enjoy (in no particular order) apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapples, pickles, and cucumbers. I also have a an incredibly sweet tooth when it comes to candy corn, so it's probably for the best that it's a seasonal thing!

Theatre would probably be my favorite class by a long shot. I started it Sophomore year, and went up to Theatre 3 in Senior year. I remember our teacher telling us in Theatre 1 that, by the end of the year, we would be more outgoing and confident. She was so confident about that, she said it was a guarantee. Lo and behold, by the end of Sophomore year, I found myself a lot less shy than I had been, and more willing to interact with others in meaningful ways (and actually make eye contact). I also made quite a few friends in that class, too, and a lot of them stuck around with me until Theatre 3. I owe a lot to that class, as well as the teacher and students in there, too, or else I probably wouldn't have really recognized a lot of things about myself. Definitely the most helpful class in terms of growing as a person. After that, I'd say CIS (Computer Information Systems) from Freshman year is my second favorite as I met my best friend in that class, who also helped my grow a ton as a person.

On 9/13/2020 at 3:50 PM, Randoman said:

Uh, you two forgot to ask a question for the above poster to answer.

Dang, you right. Okay, I'll pose a question for each of you then.

@twilitfalchion Who/what would you consider to be the ideal protagonist in a story?

@Randoman What would you say is your favorite TV show/Anime? If neither appeal to you, what medium that you enjoy the most features your favorite story/documentary/etc.?

16 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

@twilitfalchion Who/what would you consider to be the ideal protagonist in a story?

What I consider to be the ideal protagonist in a story would be a character with noble aspirations and goals, but who also deals with an obstacle or flaw within themselves of some kind. To use an example from FE, Dimitri is a character who wants to avenge the lives of his fallen family members and friends, but wars within himself against a more animalistic drive to destroy those responsible.

---------

@indigoasis What was your first FE game?

@Randoman What genres of video games do you enjoy most?

What's the oldest game/game console that you can play and enjoy without getting bored? For example, I could play and enjoy Super Mario Bros. or a good chunk of NES games without getting bored or without finding the game/game console too old or archaic for my tastes. But any console earlier than the NES, such as the Atari 2600, I'd get bored of and it'd be a slog for me to play on. For this question's purposes, you don't actually have to own or have access to the game/game console.

22 hours ago, indigoasis said:

@Randoman What would you say is your favorite TV show/Anime? If neither appeal to you, what medium that you enjoy the most features your favorite story/documentary/etc.?

Since The Red Green Show is the TV show I've spent the most time watching these past 3 weeks, I'll go with that as my answer. Though in general, I'm much more of a gaming person than a TV watching person.

21 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Randoman What genres of video games do you enjoy most?

Platformers and RPGs are the main genres that come to mind. The former due to growing up on them as a kid, them being really accessible, and being good for both short and long play sessions. The latter due to the depth and strategy they have, as well as me growing up with an RPG (Final Fantasy IV) as a kid.

What would you want your dream car to be?

On 9/14/2020 at 11:45 PM, twilitfalchion said:

@indigoasis What was your first FE game?

The first FE game that I tried out was, probably unsurprisingly, FE7. I played it on an emulator, but I've never actually played it the whole way through. The first FE game that I've actually completed was FE4.

What are some quirks about you that most real life people would know that online people wouldn't know? (Eg: you're a picky eater,  you're very untalkative in real life, you have a really good memory, etc.)

On 9/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, indigoasis said:

What would you want your dream car to be?

My dream car would probably be a hybrid, to save on gas while not being to problematic with charging it up. Well, since we're talking about a "dream car", I'd want it to optimize the "gasoline consumption/electric power" ratio to a point that would minimize the gas money and charging station money I'd be spending. I'd also want it to be really durable and not take dents from car accidents, though I guess that's going a bit too far, even for a dream car.

But yeah, long story short: a car that's cheap gas/electric money wise and more durable than the average car.

What is your favorite name?

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some quirks about you that most real life people would know that online people wouldn't know? (Eg: you're a picky eater,  you're very untalkative in real life, you have a really good memory, etc.)

I am fairly untalkative in real life, actually. I attribute that to being kinda shy and not really having much to say in most situations. With my friends and people I know, I have no issues with voicing myself, but around people I don't know or just in public, I'm definitely more on the reserved side.

What were some of the very first video games that you played as a kid?

On 9/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, indigoasis said:

What is your favorite name?

Oooh... That's a tough one, especially since it's not something I've really thought much about. I'll admit, I kind of prefer names that are uncommon and unique over common names. Some examples of uncommon names I like are Estuardo and Iana. There are some common names I like such as Gareth and Elice. Though overall, I don't think there's one particular name I like the best.

Is there anything suspicious going on with you?

23 hours ago, Randoman said:

What were some of the very first video games that you played as a kid?

Generally racing games and licensed games, with my favorite of the bunch being Need for Speed: Carbon and maybe Toy Story 3, both of which were for PC. 

3 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Is there anything suspicious going on with you?

read my status, it tells you the answer

Why are you so suspicious of clearly innocent bystanders?

Edited by Hello72207

15 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Why are you so suspicious of clearly innocent bystanders?

Your status saying that there is nothing suspicious going makes me suspicious of something suspicious going on, which is very... suspicious. 

Jokes aside, do you have a favorite Zelda game?

59 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Jokes aside, do you have a favorite Zelda game?

I don't know, I've never really thought about it that much. I liked Majora's mask, Minish cap, and a link to the past when I played them though. BOTW was pretty good too.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

Your status saying that there is nothing suspicious going makes me suspicious of something suspicious going on, which is very... suspicious. 

now why would you think that when it is clearly stated that nothing suspicious is going on?

How long have you been playing video games?

On 9/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, Hello72207 said:

now why would you think that when it is clearly stated that nothing suspicious is going on?

The word suspicious makes me suspicious of suspicious things happening... suspiciously.

29 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

How long have you been playing video games?

A very long time. Since I was like 6.

30 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

The word suspicious makes me suspicious of suspicious things happening... suspiciously.

yes but I said nothing suspicious so why would you think this?

What are some of your pet peeves?

On 9/20/2020 at 7:46 PM, Hello72207 said:

who is in your profile pic?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:41 PM, Randoman said:

Uh... I'd rather not answer that question publicly since I don't want people to learn about him and his series, and risk making his hatebase higher than it already is.

What is your favorite candy? If you don't like candy, then what is your favorite snack?

14 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

yes but I said nothing suspicious so why would you think this?

I know you didn't say anything suspicious, but the word suspicious is in the sentence above your profile pic, so that's why I was asking about you being suspicious, which was a joke. I think the joke has gone on for long enough by now, so let's drop it.

What are your top 3 most favourite game companies? For this question's purposes, any subsidiaries like Intelligent Systems should be combined with their main company (so Nintendo in the case of Intelligent Systems)

9 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What is your favorite candy? If you don't like candy, then what is your favorite snack?

I don't really like candy. Though if I had to pick a favourite snack, I guess oatmeal would be the closest thing (unflavoured, for health reasons). It's the main food I resort to in order to keep myself full and satiated while keeping my sugar, fat, and cholesterol intake low.