Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Probably Mega Man games in general. I'm pretty awful at platformers, ngl, but it felt like the challenge was the "unfair, not fun" kind of challenge instead of something I learn how to overcome and improve because of. I have yet to complete a single MM game because of it, even with casual mode.

Second-favorite FE character (since I'm guessing Lucina is your favorite)?

Correct me if I'm wrong about that though.

Oof, megaman, I understand that.

Lucina is my first, Mia is my 2nd.

----

Favorite Male FE character?

Just now, Benice said:

Favorite FE character?

Let me quote myself with a lengthy comment I made pretty recently.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:45 PM, twilitfalchion said:

In the entire series? Ah, that's tough, ngl. Sorry, I don't think I can keep it to just one.

Probably Marth for a male character. His personality is very likable while also being fairly realistic for a fictional character. He relies heavily on his allies for the victories he achieves and is quick to admit that. But I also like how he a fairly reserved character, not commanding anyone's attention with his presence alone. That kind of personality is something I can relate to as a pretty reserved guy myself. Definitely my favorite male lord and character overall.

For female characters, I'd have to go with either Elincia or Marcia. Elincia has such a great portrayal in RD, it's a shame she didn't get more screen time. The vulnerability she showed in private while dealing with those opposing her was beautiful, really. She's a sweetheart who became an excellent leader over her people and nation.

Marcia's a less complex character, but I love her personality. She's a cute, spunky peg knight (one of my fav classes) who won't hesitate to say what's on her mind, especially when that relates to Makalov. Best Tellius girl.

Favorite male FE character?

My lack of creativity for questions is strong, lol.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite male FE character?

Hmmm Marth, mostly cause Smash.

How do you play FE? I.E, slowly, fast paced, ect.

Edited by lightcosmo

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Favorite Male FE character?

Esteban. He's my favorite character ever, actually. I really relate to him being good at heart, but being bad at doing the right thing.

Favorite weapon type in FE?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Esteban. He's my favorite character ever, actually. I really relate to him being good at heart, but being bad at doing the right thing.

Favorite weapon type in FE?

Swords. As an avid FE/FF player, swords are a personal favorite.

Favorite Berwick moment?

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Favorite Berwick moment?

Probably the second Unforgettable event. The theme that plays there is really beautiful, (in the spoiler below, for size) especially knowing all that the character involved has gone through, and it's a good happy ending to what looks like a tragedy. (Although there may be more, I haven't finished yet.)

Spoiler

The R.I.P. Loser scene is a classic as well

I really, really like a lot of Esteban's scenes

Reese's confrontation with Zephyrus was also quite neat.

...I could probably go on for a lot longer, but those ones came to mind first.

Favorite TearRing character? (I think you've played it, right?

Edited by Benice

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Probably the second Unforgettable event. The theme that plays there is really beautiful, (in the spoiler below, for size) especially knowing all that the character involved has gone through, and it's a good happy ending to what looks like a tragedy. (Although there may be more, I haven't finished yet.)

I might be wrong, but I thought this theme only plays in the ending to Impossible Dream. Spoilers for said scene in the Unforgettable arc.

Spoiler

Does it play after Theodore kicks Barselphon's ass? Seems like the best place to use it in that scene. 

Who's your favorite protagonist across FE + Kagasaga?

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Favorite TearRing character? (I think you've played it, right?

Martel. I like her character and her relationship with Rishel is interesting.

Last time you've played FE?

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How do you play FE? I.E, slowly, fast paced, ect.

It kind of depends on how easy or difficult the map is. If it's a more challenging map, I tend to take it slowly, but I prefer to play quickly when I can.

What makes you love Awakening as your fav FE game?

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

I might be wrong, but I thought this theme only plays in the ending to Impossible Dream. Spoilers for said scene in the Unforgettable arc.

Hide contents

Does it play after Theodore kicks Barselphon's ass? Seems like the best place to use it in that scene. 

I...I don't remember it playing after Impossible Dream? I seem to recall it playing during the play in ch. 11, but I could be mistaken. The title being Unforgettable you and the arc being called Unforgettable just made me think this was the theme. Actually, I think I still have a save in ch. 11, I could go check...

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Who's your favorite protagonist across FE + Kagasaga?

Eliwood. Yes, the meme himself. Still, I feel like his reactions to

Spoiler

His father dying

Were the best in the series that I've seen, (I haven't played all of 'em, though) and he is overall just a nice guy who does the right thing without being as stoic as his predecessors such as Roy or Sigurd. I don't like much about FE7, but Eliwood is amongst the things I do.

What is a game series you want to try but haven't yet?

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It kind of depends on how easy or difficult the map is. If it's a more challenging map, I tend to take it slowly, but I prefer to play quickly when I can.

What makes you love Awakening as your fav FE game?

Besides Lucina's story being amazing, IMO.

I like the gameplay, broken or not. The options you are given just to have fun, whether it be skills, classes, it's all very enjoyable to me. 

Favorite playable character in every Smash game that you've played?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I...I don't remember it playing after Impossible Dream? I seem to recall it playing during the play in ch. 11, but I could be mistaken. The title being Unforgettable you and the arc being called Unforgettable just made me think this was the theme. Actually, I think I still have a save in ch. 11, I could go check...

I do remember it playing once, and I believe that's because I remember being like "'Unforgettable' is in the name of the track! Why isn't it in this event?" Also, it only plays after Impossible Dream if you get the Raze Etoile. Escaping without it doesn't trigger the event.

At some point, I want to try the Hitman games. I have an old one for the PS2, and one of my friends adores the series. 

I've never actually finished FE7 myself, so I don't have much to say about Eliwood.

What's your favorite genre of game to play that isn't SRPG?

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Favorite playable character in every Smash game that you've played?

Well, in terms of who I use:

• Smash 4-Robin
  • Ultimate-I dunno, basically any FE character. Haven't played much of it yet. Marth and Roy are fun, I suppose.

I usually just go random in both games, though.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I do remember it playing once, and I believe that's because I remember being like "'Unforgettable' is in the name of the track! Why isn't it in this event?"

Huh, I guess a different one plays. Wack.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, it only plays after Impossible Dream if you get the Raze Etoile. Escaping without it doesn't trigger the event.

Impossible dream is so weird in some ways... Is it even possible to defeat Thor without Pallas Leia, come to think of it?

Who is your favorite character in Berwick?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Impossible dream is so weird in some ways... Is it even possible to defeat Thor without Pallas Leia, come to think of it?

Promoted Sherlock with killer arrows and a triple-fire bow, along with some prayer. 

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Who is your favorite character in Berwick?

I've got a lot of favorites, so here are a few:

Esteban, Ward, Christine, Adel, Tianna, and Volo. Volo's a closet good boy. 

What's your favorite map in Berwick so far?

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Volo

Volo?

Volo?

VOLO?!

I guess I haven't seen his character arc yet, so I shouldn't judge...

What's your favorite map in Berwick so far?

Hm...It's more which maps aren't my favorite, those being Marcel's paralogue and ch. 3.

My absolute favorite is probably 5's main mission, probably.

How 'bout you?

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is a game series you want to try but haven't yet?

Atelier. It seems somewhat similar to Rune Factory, a kind of slice-of-life, calm crafting/JRPG series. The protagonists are adorable.

Same question to you.

Don't really have any. Trails, I guess? I mean, it's named after a city where the best spaghetti ever is, so it must be good.

A country you want to visit but haven't yet been?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

VOLO?!

I guess I haven't seen his character arc yet, so I shouldn't judge...

Few people see it because you either have to kill Faye before Chapter 3 or  D E A N M O M E N T. It's pretty sweet, though. 

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

My absolute favorite is probably 5's main mission, probably.

Yeah, that one's definitely top 5 for me. My favorite map is 12-1, "The Heretic God," though I don't know if you've gotten there yet.

My total top 5 (no real order besides 12-1 being #1) is 12-1, 5-M, 9-M, 14-M, and 3-M.

Favorite track in the OST?

Just now, Benice said:

A country you want to visit but haven't yet been?

Japan. I've had interest in Japanese culture way before I discovered several aspects of Japanese culture or Japanese-influenced media like anime, JRPGs, J-pop, etc. I was a martial arts student as well as someone who studied Japanese medieval history when I was younger, so Japan, definitely.

What is your least favorite FE game?

D E A N M O M E N T. It's pretty sweet, though. 

That reminds me, I need to see if Faye can do that too, since she damages Chaos is the cutscene...

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Favorite track in the OST?

Crusade is legendary.

How many routes should the next FE have in your opinion?

Just now, Benice said:

Only one. I'd like to go back to one route, but maybe switch perspectives between multiple armies, like Radiant Dawn did.

I think the route idea has seen enough use in both Fates and Three Houses, so something different would be appreciated.

Is there any song that's considered bad, but you still love anyway?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

That reminds me, I need to see if Faye can do that too, since she damages Chaos is the cutscene...

I think Faye immediately causes the normal event if they fight. Considering her damage seems scripted, maybe she could deal a finisher, but it's probably not worth it. 

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I think a full, linear adventure would be good, though that could include a multiple lords setup with individual paths (Echoes/Gaiden, TRS). Or do a bit of both like Vestaria. Just no route splits. 

Same question for you.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is there any song that's considered bad, but you still love anyway?

Probably a lot of classical music pieces.

31 minutes ago, Spara said:

Same question for you.

Definitely linear, be it with no route splits, a la Gaiden, TRS, or RD, so long as it is one main game rather than trying to make three or four in one.

EDIT: This wasn't directed at me, my bad.

What is your favorite genre of music?

Edited by Benice

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

On 10/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, Benice said:

What is your favorite game set on Archanaea?

It'd either be FE3 or FE11. FE3 for being both of Marth's games in one cartridge and all the cheap growth boost shenanigans you can do with the Star Orb/Star Orb Shards and FE11 for being an updated, modernized version of the original FE1, with it bringing back all of the content that FE3 cut from FE1 (such as cut chapters and characters like Wrys and Roger) while bringing in new content such as new characters, new chapters, and new mechanics like reclassing.