Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

On 10/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, Benice said:

Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?

I should have answered this one before. I have literally no clue why I answered a question that wasn’t mine instead xD

None of them are that great, but Severus Snape is pretty cool.

15 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don’t know much about heavy metal. It would probably be fine though, sounds like a battle thing.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

(Good thing Three Houses didn't have a "Purple something" house. XD)

The Ashen Wolves are quaking xD

——

Who is your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? Or have you even played it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that question you asked up there, so I'll ask you too: Who's your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? If you wanna go broader, who's your favorite voice actor of all time?

15 hours ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite book series? (And/or movie series)

The Books of Beginning by John Stephens is really solid. I remember getting the first book for Easter one year and being absolutely enthralled with it. I made sure to get the next two books when I could. It's a series that I could easily go back to if I really wanted to read it again. After that would probably be The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. 

In terms of movies, my favorites are usually one-offs, so to speak, but if I had to give an answer for a movie series, then the Naked Gun movies are prolly at the top. Not only that, but one of my favorite visual gags ever is in this scene. It's when they're walking away from the window. If you watch the scene, you'll see it.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

What are your opinions on RNG in Turn-Based Strategy games?

It really depends. Certain aspects like weapon durability being RNG-based is flat-out unfair to the player, as such a surprise can lead to unit death with no way for the player to prepare for it. And almost-new weapons breaking at random makes no logical sense.

On the other hand, critting and hit rates being RNG-based is fine, I'd say, because it gives a bit more variety to the battle. Fighting is naturally unpredictable, so hits and misses having that unpredictability makes sense.

------

Who's your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? If you wanna go broader, who's your favorite voice actor of all time?

My creativity is at an all-time high. xD

What would make the perfect harder difficulty for you in fe?

44 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I like that question you asked up there, so I'll ask you too: Who's your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? If you wanna go broader, who's your favorite voice actor of all time?

Three Houses is easy, Chris Hackney (Dimitri), although Cherami Leigh (Rhea), Robbie Daymond (Hubert), and Chris Patton (Linhardt) get honorable mentions. If we expand broader to all voice actors well...... I’m really not familiar with most voice actors. The only media I regularly consume with voice acting is fe, and Three Houses naturally blows the others out of the water so I guess it’s Chris Hackney.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who's your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? If you wanna go broader, who's your favorite voice actor of all time?

My creativity is at an all-time high. xD

Implying my question was creative! Yay! ^^

Since you have a lot of anime-esque girls in your signature, what preferences do you have for girls, appearance-wise? (Eg: long straight hair, glasses, Asian, etc.)

[Edit] That was actually directed towards twilitfalchion, but I guess it works for Sooks as well, except for the signature part.

21 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Do you ever have trouble thinking of what to say to someone- not a stranger, but someone you’ve known a big portion of your life, like a family member or close friend, and you just don’t know what to say to them? How do you combat that?

I essentially have go-to questions that I almost always resort to. Examples include

-How have you been doing these days?

-What have you been up to this past week/month?

-How has work/university/college been?

-Are there any upcoming events/releases (the latter meaning movie/TV show/video game releases) that you're looking forward to in the next couple of months?

I usually let the conversation flow from there in terms of what they answer, and expanding upon their answers with more questions, even if it's me asking "so what do you do instead of watch TV series?" or "what are your plans once you're done your university term?"

Edited by Randoman

14 hours ago, Maof06 said:

How would you feel about a futuristic Fire Emblem game?

Eh...I wouldn't prefer it, but so much as the game is fun to play I can deal with it.

What's your favorite Studio Brinquendo movie?

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What would make the perfect harder difficulty for you in fe?

What 3H's hard mode did, but just raise the stakes for everything, if that makes sense. I think 3H hard is the best difficulty curve in the series, so making that harder would be the ideal path, imo.

16 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Since you have a lot of anime-esque girls in your signature, what preferences do you have for girls, appearance-wise? (Eg: long straight hair, glasses, Asian, etc.)

Hope it's okay I answer this anyway.

Uh, well...Irl, I generally prefer girls with dark hair and dark eyes, slender build, longer hair. I have no real preference for race or nationality, although I do appreciate a paler complexion simply because I like how it looks.

-------

Same question for you? If you're comfortable answering it.

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

What's your favorite Studio Brinquendo movie?

Ooh, that's a tough one. I feel like it'd either be Ratatoing (for the "evil scheme" scene and the epic running cat scenes) or What's Up? Balloon to the Rescue for its general overall humour.

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope it's okay I answer this anyway.

It's more than okay by me. I mean, I feel like the "ninja-ing exception clause" is widely considered acceptable in most "Above Poster" Forum Games threads, and I feel like responses from ninja'd posts should also be considered acceptable.

Where is your profile picture from?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

[Edit] That was actually directed towards twilitfalchion, but I guess it works for Sooks as well, except for the signature part.

I’ll answer this one too, as I think it’s fun when the person who was ninja’d answers but the ninja adds on as well.

I really like long hair, curly or straight, it doesn’t really matter, ethnicities/races don’t really affect someone’s beauty imo, they feel like variations of the same thing if that makes sense, and idk what else. I want to say more, but I don’t want to come across as “only appearance matters!”

I’ll add on for clothes that I think skirts are cute and dresses are beautiful, and big hoodie girls (or even normal hoodies) are adorable. I don’t know what it is but a cute girl in a hoodie makes her 10000x cuter. Maybe I have a thing for hoodies. xD Those fake flower things you can put in your hair look pretty too, but I’ve never seen one of those in person I don’t think.

21 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What would you think about a heavy metal battle theme for the next FE game?

Sure! I love heavy metal!

5 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

I don’t know much about heavy metal.

Well...

---

If you notice that you're not enjoying yourself when playing a game, do you drop a game completely or will you keep playing?

Edited by DragonFlames

39 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

• People arguing
  • People not tolerating others' opinions
  • Elitist or superior attitudes
  • Mistreatment of others in general
  • Perfectionism (despite being one myself xD)

There's probably others, but these are the top ones I immediately think of.

-------

Same question to you?

Because I'm so hecking creative.

6 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Who is your favorite voice actor in Three Houses? Or have you even played it?

Dimitri's VA. I played 3H through Youtube.

-------

Same question to you

If you could teach any subject, what would it be?

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Top tier question.

I think I'm gonna have to go with Christian La Monte, who voices Ignatz (and Seliph in Heroes, who I absolutely adore!). He fits the characters he voices so well. Not only that, but some of Ignatz post time skip lines have got to be some of my favorites in the series. Like, there cannot have been a bigger glow-up for a single character in the entire game. He goes from a pure boi at the beginning of the game to someone akin to a hardened, wiser, battle-scarred war veteran. At least, that's what it seemed like to me, haha.

As for favorite of all time, that's actually kinda hard, especially since I would have to narrow it down to just one. I guess to list a few, Cassandra Lee Morris, Christian La Monte, Nicholas Roye, Greg Chun, and Xander Mobus come to mind.

If there were avatars in early fe games, which character would you S support and why? (As in fe1-fe12 (Kris can’t S support right?) + fe15.)

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you notice that you're not enjoying yourself when playing a game, do you drop a game completely or will you keep playing?

Depends. I will drop it unless one of two criteria is met:

According to others, the game gets better in an amount of time that I think I can deal with

OR

I’m close to finishing

and maybe some other reason I can’t think of... but we play games for fun, so if you’re not having fun and don’t have other reasons, why continue?

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

If you could teach any subject, what would it be?

I'm already studying Geography, so I think that's it.

-------

What is the character in your profile picture?

13 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same question to you?

My biggest gripes are these

• people dear to me arguing, especially if it's something that really is not worth arguing about (my grandparents tend to do this... a lot)
  • people acting like they're superior to others
  • people belittling/looking down on others for what they like or dislike (this is probably my biggest one)
  • my own inability to be satisfied with anything that I write

There could be more (there probably are), but I think this about covers it.

9 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

but we play games for fun, so if you’re not having fun and don’t have other reasons, why continue?

Exactly!

---

I'm just gonna... be oh so very creative right now, and ask you the same question I asked Sooks:

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

17 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Three Houses is easy, Chris Hackney (Dimitri), although Cherami Leigh (Rhea), Robbie Daymond (Hubert), and Chris Patton (Linhardt) get honorable mentions. If we expand broader to all voice actors well...... I’m really not familiar with most voice actors. The only media I regularly consume with voice acting is fe, and Three Houses naturally blows the others out of the water so I guess it’s Chris Hackney.

——

How many pets have you had?

I hope this hasn't already been asked
Favourite band\song, what kind of music do you like?

On 10/23/2020 at 3:04 PM, indigoasis said:

What is a phrase that you use the most?

I don't have one so here is a phrase from my people.
*Ahem* /all GGEZ noobs get gud open mid ff15 jungle diff

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It depends. If I spent money on the game, then I'm usually more compelled to finish even if I'm not enjoying myself. Although if I dislike a game strongly enough, then I'll probably drop it anyway. If I'm playing the game through homebrew, then I usually will drop it without hesitation, since there was no financial investment in it.

--------

Favorite voice actor from video games (or any media, really)?

19 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite Awakening pairing?

Robin x Lucina. Their relationship only improves the story and its themes.

-------

19 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite Awakening pairing?

Have you played any Harvest Moon games before? If yes, who are your favourite Harvest Moon characters?

On 10/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, Sooks1016 said:

Where is your profile picture from?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:41 PM, Randoman said:

Uh... I'd rather not answer that question publicly since I don't want people to learn about him and his series, and risk making his hatebase higher than it already is.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite battle theme in FE?

FE8 battle theme.

-------

Why is the person in your profile photo hated?