Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

3 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Fujin Yumi, because Fates is one of the only games where bows don't suck.

-------

I'm stealing this question: what are your hobbies other than Video Games (Assuming you play video games)?

Well there is another game where bows are really good.

I used to draw and aspire to become an artist but those dreams died so now I just exclusively Work\Waste time on internet and play video games, the latter being the more fun.

What's your preference in a mate?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, Sooks said:

What is your favorite fast food chain?

Does the Old Spaghetti factory count? If so, that.

Is there anything that would make you not want to get the next FE?

What are some of your favourite character archetypes in general fiction? (eg: the atoner, the extremist hero, the reformed villain, the conflicted villain, etc.)

7 hours ago, Shrow said:

This is a fairly common question so my apologies if its already been asked but... what are your hobbies other then Video Games? (Assuming you play video games)

Hobbies aside from gaming? I guess I have to stick with activities I've actually done relatively recently, huh? Well, aside from gaming, it's mostly just youtube (which lately consists of videos of religious speakers, Jackie Chan videos, the Red Green Show, and videos about albinism).

I'm also constantly thinking of new ideas for my original story. Though since I barely write anything down, I'm not sure if it counts as a hobby since it's all in my mind and I don't physically write about my story or talk about it much.

5 hours ago, Shrow said:

Well there is another game where bows are really good.

Echoes, right? I used Fates as an example because Echoes doesn't have a prf bow.

5 hours ago, Shrow said:

What's your preference in a mate?

I don't speak much, so I would like the other person to be talkative.

-------

Something you always wanted to do but can't or shouldn't?

If you’re employed, how did you decide on your current career?

If not, uh... what’s your favorite TV show?

ninja’d but still applies! I’m gonna be asking this question a lot...

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Does the Old Spaghetti factory count? If so, that.

Sure!

Is there anything that would make you not want to get the next FE?

It being a Berwick remake 😛

Honestly... probably not, unless I can count such things as taking out the core fe gameplay. If that’s there, I would probably at least see sOmE merit in playing it.

Edited by Sooks

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

How did you decide on your current career?

I wouldn't really say its set in stone. I went to school for graphic design and managed to get a job in its field too.
Unfortunately I realize I don't like doing this. I've been counting down the days that my contract ends.
No idea what I'm gonna do afterwards I'm stumped.

I'm gonna go be a NEET, looks like fun honestly.

Sooks, sounds a lot like you're looking into a career. Anything you're leaning towards so far?

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

If not, uh... what’s your favorite TV show?

I don't really watch TV shows. However, if manga/anime counts, then Attack on Titan.

-------

Same question to you.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, Maof06 said:

What’s your favorite TV show?

Just gonna list what I watch in general.

For North American TV I watch Blue Bloods, Chicago (Fire, PD and Med), S.W.A.T. and other shows my mom likes.
I don't watch NA tv on my own.

For anime I have a huge list of things I've watched but my favourite has to be either Acchi Kocchi or Angel Beats.
Currently I'm watching the Ghost Stories Dub with a friend.

Got a favourite animal? Hopefully this hasn't already been asked

On 12/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, Shrow said:

Got a favourite animal?

Platypus, the greatest animal that ever graced this planet. I really like my cats and I think they're amazing animals in their own right.

-------

What are some things you always take with you on a trip?

5 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Do you prefer over-the-ear headphones, on-the-ear headphones, or earbuds?

Earbuds, because they are more portable.

-------

Why is your favorite FE your favorite FE?

3 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Why is your favorite FE your favorite FE?

Out of the very few FE games I’ve played, SoV has my favorite OST. In video games, for me the soundtrack is a big part of the play experience, I also really enjoyed the story and characters.

What’s your favorite time period?

On 12/14/2020 at 4:35 PM, Randoman said:

What are some of your favourite character archetypes in general fiction? (eg: the atoner, the extremist hero, the reformed villain, the conflicted villain, etc.)

The good-hearted character who can't do anything right. I don't see it done too often or very well, sadly, but my favorite character in fiction falls into this archetype.

What is your favorite video game soundtrack overall? (Or 2nd favorite, if SoV is your preferred soundtrack.)

On 12/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, Shrow said:

Sooks, sounds a lot like you're looking into a career. Anything you're leaning towards so far?

See that’s the problem: no! Not at all. Everyone I hear from just says they always kinda knew but I don’t have any strong feelings. Most careers are just “that might be cool”. F. I mean when I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian and then an actor but neither of those dreams burn particularly bright (or at all, in the case of veterinarian) like everything else.

Why did you pick the oboe to play? And did I ask this already?

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

The good-hearted character who can't do anything right. I don't see it done too often or very well, sadly, but my favorite character in fiction falls into this archetype.

Arthur from Fates?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not at all. Everyone I hear from just says they always kinda knew but I don’t have any strong feelings. Most careers are just “that might be cool”.

If it's any consolation, I am the same way, and my dad didn't find his current job until a few years into university, as he had previously studied to become a chemist but switched instead to what he does now. Heck, I don't actually know anyone who's got their life planned out.

Arthur from Fates?

I like Arthur. I feel like he's a pretty good comic relief.

Why did you pick the oboe to play?

Two reasons:

1. I was a literal god on the recorder.
  2. I didn't wanna be generic

And I also wanted a challenge; the other two instruments I expressed interest in playing were the Bassoon and French Horn.

And, thanks to two awesome teachers in grade 7, I fell in love with it, and that's why I'm still playing it today!

What project or assignment that you did in school are you the most proud of?

Edited by Benice

Have you ever heard about or learned about really obscure/weird/expensive foods online, and had the urge to try them out if the chance ever came up? For example, I've seen quite a few youtube videos on bird's nest soup, and I've been curious about trying it out ever since.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Maof06 said:

Something you always wanted to do but can't or shouldn't?

Practically any of Red Green's handyman projects.

Here's a relatively short clip of one to give you an idea of what his projects are like:

8 hours ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite video game soundtrack overall? (Or 2nd favorite, if SoV is your preferred soundtrack.)

While a lot of video game OSTs stand out to me, I think my favorite would have to be Bastion, lots of OSTs have at least a couple songs I don’t particularly enjoy, but when I listen to Bastion’s I don’t skip any songs.

What’s your ideal weather like?

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

See that’s the problem: no! Not at all. Everyone I hear from just says they always kinda knew but I don’t have any strong feelings. Most careers are just “that might be cool”. F. I mean when I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian and then an actor but neither of those dreams burn particularly bright (or at all, in the case of veterinarian) like everything else.

Maybe I can simplify it a little.

Try to think what you see yourself doing.
Simple things, do you want to be in front of a computer all day? Do you like using the computer but want to move a little bit? Do you want to do hard physical work? Do you want to do something physical but easier? Do you like dealing with customers in person or over the phone\online? Do you want to work with children? Do you want a job where you can express yourself creatively?

On 12/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, Maof06 said:

What are some things you always take with you on a trip?

Any trip out of town I always take:
Clothes (If I'm staying over night and depending on weather)
A sweater if I get cold
Travel kit which includes shampoo and body wash, Chap-stick, hand cream, Kleenex, band aids, tooth-paste and toothbrush.
Finally a portable gaming device depending on the year I would taken;
Nintendo Switch I would bring today but before 2018 I would have brought my Nintendo 3ds XL then before 2015 I would have brought my Nintendo DSi XL then before roughly 2011 I would have used my Nintendo DS then before 2006-ish I would brought a Gameboy Advance.
Never leave far from home without a gaming system.

That smug little icon gives me an idea, what's your favourite anime and why?

23 hours ago, Shrow said:

That smug little icon gives me an idea, what's your favourite anime and why?

Hmmm... I have a couple favorites, but I think my absolute favorite would be Steins;Gate.

I love the characters and how they interact, especially Okabe and Faris, the story and narrative are nice too. But as someone who hasn’t played the VN yet, I can’t compare the two.

But lately I’ve been on a Youjo Senki kick again.

What’s your favorite beverage?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

On 12/21/2020 at 12:10 AM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

What’s your ideal weather like?

Most weather comes with its own drawbacks, so it's hard for me to say. I guess if I had to pick, it'd be a light, breezy spring day that's partly sunny and partly cloudy.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

What’s your favorite time period?

Antiquity.

-------

Favorite means of transport?

Are there any upcoming TV show/anime releases that you're looking forward to? For example, I'm personally looking forward to season 7 of the Flash coming out, even though it won't be for quite some time.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Maof06 said:

Favorite means of transport?

Driving in a Prius I guess? You don't have to wait for it like you would a bus/train, and the gas consumption is much lower compared to other vehicles.

What is your favorite video game?

On 12/20/2020 at 4:25 PM, Benice said:

What project or assignment that you did in school are you the most proud of?

Uhhhh

Projects or assignments I’m proud of..... HMMMMM...

When I was in the second grade, I talked about how I won the little train that could award for I think reading quite frequently, or so I’m told. So I assume I was quite proud of that.

On 12/20/2020 at 2:35 PM, Randoman said:

Have you ever heard about or learned about really obscure/weird/expensive foods online, and had the urge to try them out if the chance ever came up? For example, I've seen quite a few youtube videos on bird's nest soup, and I've been curious about trying it out ever since.

I've always wanted have both beef wellington and A5 Wagyu beef, but particularly the latter is out of reach, as it is around 30$ an ounce, so it'd cost about 900$ to have a meaningful amount.

Do you like playing "bad" games? (As in, games with low budgets from small companies that are full of glitches and whatnot.)