Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do you like playing "bad" games? (As in, games with low budgets from small companies that are full of glitches and whatnot.)

Never tried it!

Which ones would you recommend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Randoman said:

Are there any upcoming TV show/anime releases that you're looking forward to?

I was looking forward to Attack on Titan's final season, but it is already being released, so I dunno. Maybe Chainsaw man anime. I once watched The Flash, but dropped on the third season.

-------

Have you ever made an unusual school work?

What personality traits do you value most, in regards to making potential friends?

On 12/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Sooks said:

What is your favorite video game?

I suppose it'd be Super Mario Maker 2, since that's mainly all I play these days. Though admittingly, I mainly play it mostly so I can maintain my position on the Super Mario Maker 2 leaderboards.

Would you say it’s worth it for someone to try and achieve and then maintain a leaderboard position on a game they enjoy, or is the stress too much?

On 12/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, Maof06 said:

Have you ever made an unusual school work?

I made the board for a science project in homeroom the day it was due.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

What’s your favorite beverage?

Root Beer and its float variation
And those big sugary canned iced teas like Arizonas, Brisk, Peace tea, etc..

What's your ideal location for a vacation?

If you could be immune to any one of the 7 capital/deadly sins (eg: pride, anger, lust), which one would you pick and why?

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Would you say it’s worth it for someone to try and achieve and then maintain a leaderboard position on a game they enjoy, or is the stress too much?

Honestly, it's not worth it unless you're unemployed and not in school and need something to do to pass the time while waiting for job application responses (that was the case for me around a year or so back). Even then, it's really frustrating in terms of the amount of spare time it eats up, the peace of mind it ruins, and having to deal with "leaderboard predators" who specifically/repeatedly attack you to lower your score/position and raise theirs. If I wasn't so high on the leaderboards already (#19 on the First Clears leaderboard and #25 on the World Record/speedrunning leaderboards) and if it wasn't for coronavirus making the majority of hobbies unavailable and the leaderboard upkeep giving me a lot of mileage out of one game with me not having to frequently buy games to keep myself not bored I likely would've quit a while ago.

20 hours ago, Randoman said:

What personality traits do you value most, in regards to making potential friends?

I would like the other person to be talkative. I'm a good listener, so I think we would get along just fine.

-------

What do you prefer: single player or multiplayer?

On 12/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Well, I get jealous easily, and I may be a little clingy, and I’ve never been known to be the one to initiate conversation. But I feel like I’m easy to get along with once others get to know me, and I’m loyal, I also like helping people.

To be honest I feel like an idiot because I don’t really like describing myself because I feel like describing oneself is always either self-centered or self-deprecating, some cases maybe not, but most.

Before Covid hit, was there anywhere you enjoyed going? (The library, a park, a cafe, etc.)

On 12/12/2020 at 1:12 PM, Randoman said:

In your opinion, who do you think is the least stereotypical character in fiction and why? (no OCs or fanfiction characters allowed) You can list multiple characters if you have a hard time narrowing it down to just one.

I can only speak for the fiction I've read/watched/played/etc., but I'll gush about Estelle Bright from Trails. She's everything I'd want in a female protagonist, a combination of strength with emotional vulnerability, while also dealing with very relatable issues within her family, for example. Her arc is both simple and down-to-earth, while also being central to a much larger story. Her personality is very likable, while also not hiding the flaws she does have. Her writing is balanced, not overplaying any aspect of her character. She's just great, IMO.

Who is your favorite character from Steins;Gate and why?

17 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Before Covid hit, was there anywhere you enjoyed going? (The library, a park, a cafe, etc.)

Not really. Before and after Covid, my life remains the same.

-------

What personality traits you can't stand in people?

What is your least favourite meme or online joke/reference?

20 hours ago, Maof06 said:

What do you prefer: single player or multiplayer?

I guess I'll answer multiplayer, even though I haven't been able to play games multiplayer with friends/family for quite a while. The multiplayer experiences I did have in the past and the feeling of cooperatively defeating a level/boss together were way more epic and enjoyable than most of the single player experiences I've had.

4 hours ago, Randoman said:

This one is new, but i'm sick of the Drip memes. This shit isn't funny at all.

-------

Same question to you.

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

How did you meet your closest friend?

I don't have friends. School.

-------

Since you're into writing, what are some of the biggest fears you have in regards to what would happen after your work gets released to the public? For example, I'd be afraid of all the NSFW art people would make of my characters and people easily seeing through/correctly guessing upcoming plot twists and reveals despite my best attempts to be subtle about them.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:08 PM, Maof06 said:

Same question to you.

Morshu and his "Mmm" from the CD-I Zelda games. I don't find either of those two anywhere nearly as funny as everything else from the CD-I Zelda games, and I feel like there are other NPC that are far funnier and deserve more attention, like Ushrom, the Magic Cloak Lady, the Baker, Mayor Kravendish, and many others.

13 hours ago, Randoman said:

Since you're into writing, what are some of the biggest fears you have in regards to what would happen after your work gets released to the public? For example, I'd be afraid of all the NSFW art people would make of my characters and people easily seeing through/correctly guessing upcoming plot twists and reveals despite my best attempts to be subtle about them.

Fans trying to figure out what's next will always exist, and at some point they will unravel the mystery. That is why I believe that the important thing is not what will happen, but how it will happen. It's one of the reasons why I don't care being spoiled.

About NSFW content: The more the merrier!

While I have several fears, like people misunderstanding my storytelling and my name getting dirty, I believe that the biggest one is that no one reads my work. This makes more sense in the context in which I am inserted, since books here are very expensive and the reading habit is not rooted in my culture.

-------

How do you feel about RNG elements in strategy games?

Edited by Maof06

On 12/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, Maof06 said:

What personality traits you can't stand in people?

• Being overbearing
  • Narcissism
  • Insulting sarcasm (sarcastic humor, so long as it doesn't offend anyone, is fine, IMO)
  • Overconfidence

There may be others, but these are the first that come to mind.

Favorite class from Awakening?

Edited by twilitfalchion

On 12/28/2020 at 5:19 PM, Randoman said:

If you could be immune to any one of the 7 capital/deadly sins (eg: pride, anger, lust), which one would you pick and why?

Sloth, If I could cure my laziness I wouldn't have problems at all.

Favourite genre of music?

Edited by Shrow

15 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite class from Awakening?

Grandmaster. It has a really cool concept, design and skills.

------

What's your favorite food?

What fictional character, out of all the fictional characters, has the best hair, in your opinion?

On 12/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, Maof06 said:

Some would say Jojo. But I have only ever heard people complain about it being referenced, and rarely actually seen it referenced.

I‘ll go with... that nice guys finish last line.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, Randoman said:

For example, I'd be afraid of all the NSFW art people would make of my characters

Why? You know someone likes them!

11 hours ago, Maof06 said:

What's your favorite food?

Cheese, the white expensive kind with the harder outside shell.

I know 2020 was a bad year for everyone but what was the best thing to happen to you that year? Let's think positive.

16 hours ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

What’s your favorite dish to prepare?

Anything as long as it's easy. My cooking skills are limited.

------

If you had the ability to fly, what would be the first place you would go?