Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

18 hours ago, Maof06 said:

If you had the ability to fly, what would be the first place you would go?

My oh my if I could fly. I wouldn't be afraid of heights anymore and just the thought of it sounds like so much fun.
Though I would probably need to wear a full snowsuit because its gonna be cold especially this time of year.
If I could fly like at least 40 km/h I would definitely sell my car as it is a waste of money at that point.
I would definitely be able to visit family and friends much easier, bypassing traffic is worth so much.
Truth be told I get homesick easily so I wouldn't travel very far from home. Far out family that live in another town would my first destination.

A fan of Jojo hmm? Which is your favourite part and why?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

If you could redo anything that happened in your life again, what time/moment would you choose?

The first year of elementary school, where I got fat. If I could change that, my life would be very different. Honorable mention for the first year of high school, where I had the chance to confess to a girl but I didn't.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

As a person who is a giant fan of Jojo, Hirihiko Araki and all his works, along with old music, I see it everywhere. I envy you supremely.

A fellow Jojo fan? Nice.

------

The reverse question: what's your least favorite part with stands and why?

What Fire Emblem do you think has the weakest story? Why? So basically, have you played Fates yet?

On 1/5/2021 at 11:38 AM, Shrow said:

I know 2020 was a bad year for everyone but what was the best thing to happen to you that year? Let's think positive.

We got the dog that my username comes from this year and I love her. ❤️

On 1/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, Sooks said:

What fictional character, out of all the fictional characters, has the best hair, in your opinion?

Hm. That's a tough one.

I think I'd say Taiga Aisaka...

Yeah. I like the floof.

Close to that would be Estelle Bright, Marianne, and maybe Kloe Rinz.

---------

What other types of games do you like?

On 12/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, Sooks said:

Which ones would you recommend?

In terms of titles, I don't have many to suggest. If you wanna try it, I'd recommend going to a 2nd-hand store, (Does the US have Value Village? If so, that's probably a good bet.) and getting anything that looks interesting. It's also nice since it's usually around six dollars.

As for personal favorites, Brave: A warrior's tale for the Wii is hilarious. But it's also kinda...well, touchy, since I assume that nobody of indigenous origin worked on it... The game looks awful, the music is barely there, there are tons of funny glitches... But the voice acting is actually amazing. I don't know why. Still, the game gives me the sense of a lot of passion with not much budget.

Another one which isn't BAD is Sonic and All-stars racing transformed for the Wii U, (I think it's also on PS4 and PC?)simply for how many phenomenal glitches there are on top of the fantastic gameplay and nice visuals. If you do end up playing this, do let me know, 'cause there's a lot of stuff to unpack. (Although that may only be on the Wii u...I still think that it's a good game nonetheless.)

If you had all of the resources and knowledge to make any video game franchise in the world, what would it be like? (As in, would you make a farm-sim game, a fighting game, etc.)

8 hours ago, Benice said:

If you had all of the resources and knowledge to make any video game franchise in the world, what would it be like? (As in, would you make a farm-sim game, a fighting game, etc.)

Probably a massive JRPG with well-written characters, a deep narrative, and the most enjoyable gameplay possible, etc.

What fictional character, out of all the fictional characters, has the best hair, in your opinion?

Totally not stealing a question. Nope.

@twilitfalchion - Who are some of your favourite Marvel or DC superheroes that haven't shown up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the DC Extended Universe yet?

On 1/3/2021 at 12:56 PM, Maof06 said:

How do you feel about RNG elements in strategy games?

I feel like RNG/luck is an inevitable in any kind of RPG/SRPG. And I'm okay with that, so long as percents and hit rates are high enough for basic things like weak/regular attacks and spells. FE6 levels of evasion/missing and healing staff accuracy from FE5 are cases where I draw the line.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

The Emperor protects! He is with us!

Wrong thread? I think you meant to post this in the "Something the above poster would never say" thread.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, Maof06 said:

The reverse question: what's your least favorite part with stands and why?

Referring to the anime and not the manga.

Least favourite with or without stands will always be part 3.
It's way too long with every 2 episodes following the same formula:
- First episode, bad guy is introduced with his power, good guys struggle to beat bad, what will they do?!?!?
- Second episode, climax happens, good guy finds a way to beat bad guy and wins the battle.
48 episodes of this repeated over and over ad nauseam.

Which all of that wouldn't be so bad if the characters were written properly. Polnareff has character development and has way too much screen time despite supposedly being a side character. Meanwhile our protag Jotaro has no character development at all, he starts as being a cool bad ass and ends as one, nothing changes for him. By the end of it, he's the most boring character despite trying to be the coolest.

You would have to pay me a good sum just to watch all of that again.

___

Do you have snow where you live, how do you deal with it? If you don't have snow, have you seen snow before?

When I lived in the States we would get lots of snow in the winter time. As a young boy I would have to trudge our into it in the  morning before sunrise in order to shovel it. Although it was bitter and freezing, it built character.

————————————

Why do we still live?

On 1/7/2021 at 9:38 PM, Sooks said:

What Fire Emblem do you think has the weakest story? Why? So basically, have you played Fates yet?

Yes, I've already played Fates. In order not to give the generic answer, I will say Shadow Dragon. I could give a more detailed answer on this, but this is just a question and answer thread, I will only say that, as the subsequent games were inspired and built from it, the original pales in comparison.

------

Why do we still live? Just to suffer?

On 1/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, Wraith said:

Why do we still live?

This question has nothing to do with me, I can't answer that.
Let's get this thread back on track.

If you could eat anything, any type of food from anywhere in the world or even something that looks yummy but is inedible. What would it be?

Dogs or cats?

On 1/7/2021 at 11:38 PM, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

What FE game do you think has the most bland/uninteresting characters?

Awakening. The start of waifu-emblem, and boy does it show... a lot of them are gimmicky with not much else.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:34 AM, Benice said:

If you wanna try it, I'd recommend going to a 2nd-hand store, (Does the US have Value Village? If so, that's probably a good bet.)

I know a second hand store where that is probably doable. It doesn’t sound like really my thing, but it is a somewhat second hand store that exists in the US.

I’ve never heard of Value Village though.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:48 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Hm...

If facial hair counts, Captain Haddock.

What's a game series you've always wanted to play but haven't yet been able to? 

(Or if I've already asked this, what's your favorite genre of games?)

EDIT:

Nice, ninja'd by sixteen minutes.

Edited by Benice

On 1/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, Randoman said:

Who are some of your favourite Marvel or DC superheroes that haven't shown up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the DC Extended Universe yet?

I don't really have any, tbh. The ones I like have all been in the MCU. I'm not a DC fan.

Ever tried a Metroidvania?

21 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ever tried a Metroidvania?

Nope!

What is your favorite iteration of the reclassing mechanic? (Not including promotion, though.)

If you could go back and watch a historical moment unfold (but not change it), what would you pick?

23 hours ago, Benice said:

What's a game series you've always wanted to play but haven't yet been able to? 

I don’t think there is one, tbh. Nothing really holds me back from getting at least one game from a series unless it’s like really mature or the series was born and died in the sweet spot of old enough where I won’t have the system I can play the game on, but young enough that my computer couldn’t handle emulating it.

23 hours ago, Benice said:

(Or if I've already asked this, what's your favorite genre of games?)

I’m not sure. Fire Emblem is my favorite series, so I guess SRPGs? But I haven’t played any others. Maybe adventure?

On 1/18/2021 at 2:14 PM, Sooks said:

Dogs or cats?

Since I have a dog, I will have to choose dogs but I have always considered cats as a pet to get in the future.
I have to walk my dog but I don't have to walk my cat, cats are typically lower maintenance so I don't have to entertain it.
I wanna get one from the an animal shelter, like an old cat just for company.

I'm happy to see this thread get activity again.

Ohhh Sooks tell me, do you have a crush on someone at school?

What’s your favorite restaurant?

29 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Ohhh Sooks tell me, do you have a crush on someone at school?

“At school”. That’s a hilarious joke.

But seriously, we’re all online and I started at this school this year so I would only get to crush on little profile pictures that occasionally have a voice behind them, so no.

Edited by Sooks

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

If you could go back and watch a historical moment unfold (but not change it), what would you pick?

The construction of the pyramids in Central America; they're incredible works of engineering, so it'd be fascinating to see how people actually built 'em.

If you could add any one mechanic into the next FE game, what would it be?

On 1/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, Shrow said:

If you could eat anything, any type of food from anywhere in the world or even something that looks yummy but is inedible. What would it be?

I would like to know the taste of snow, because I have never seen it in my life since where I live it doesn't snow.

------

Hardest game you ever played?

On 1/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, Sooks said:

“At school”. That’s a hilarious joke.

In hindsight, I totally forgot about the pandemic after posting.

9 hours ago, Maof06 said:

I would like to know the taste of snow, because I have never seen it in my life since where I live it doesn't snow.

For your sake, I just went outside and ate a piece of snow. Like frozen water but with a slight mineral taste.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, Sooks said:

What’s your favorite restaurant?

I won't say the name but it is a Japanese & Thai Restaurant which serves sushi and maki rolls and all that.
Really good food, I also like the sorta buffet style of ordering. I've hung out with lots of family and friends in that restaurant.
I also really like the atmosphere and music choice and the fact that its close to home too. I honestly really miss it.

Same question to you, what's your hardest game played not counting any Fire Emblem games or rom hacks.

What TV shows did you grow up with, as a kid?

On 1/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, Shrow said:

Do you have snow where you live, how do you deal with it? If you don't have snow, have you seen snow before?

I do. As for how I deal with it, I put on extra layers, whether it's clothing for outside/inside or blankets when I sleep. In particular, I double up on socks since I get frostbite on my feet rather easily. Even being in my basement for too long in the winter gets me feet frostbite, despite having two pairs of socks on.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:42 PM, Benice said:

What is your favorite iteration of the reclassing mechanic? (Not including promotion, though.)

I quite enjoy the freedom of Three Houses' reclassing mechanic, even if it has the potential of making things a bit samey.

Favorite fictional female character?