Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

On 1/21/2021 at 4:02 AM, Maof06 said:

Hardest game you ever played?

Path of Radiance. Staying awake during it was an immense challenge that I failed to overcome.

Assuming you mean video games... Berwick Saga, I guess. FE6 follows that, and then (straight outta left field!) Minish Cap.

What's your favorite game of all time?

Edit: Twilit you ninja

If the next FE has a Garreg Mach-style base, what would you wanna see done differently?

Edited by Benice

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/21/2021 at 6:28 PM, Shrow said:

For your sake, I just went outside and ate a piece of snow. Like frozen water but with a slight mineral taste.

Thank you. I'll remember your kind gesture in the future.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:28 PM, Shrow said:

Same question to you, what's your hardest game played not counting any Fire Emblem games or rom hacks.

Dark Souls 3. Which reminds me that I haven't finished the game yet. And that I also don't have the ability to finish it.

------

Weirdest build you created for a character in FE? (in games where it's allowed to do that, of course)
Edited by Maof06

What countries have you lived in/visited/vacationed in?

On 1/22/2021 at 8:35 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite fictional female character?

With me mostly playing Super Mario Maker 2 and/or Kirby games these days, and neither of them having female characters that are that prominent within said games, there aren't really any characters that I can outright list as my favourite fictional female character.

...though if I absolutely had to list one, I guess I'd go with Fluttershy. It's been around 6 months since I last watched the show she's from, but she was my most favourite female fictional character for the longest time, due to her cuteness and how nice, sweet, and mild-mannered a character she was.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Randoman said:

Even being in my basement for too long in the winter gets me feet frostbite, despite having two pairs of socks on.

Even with two pairs of socks? Your basement must have no heating at all, that's rough. It must be nice to be down there in the summer's heat at least.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Randoman said:

What TV shows did you grow up with, as a kid?

Channels I grew up with were YTV, Teletoon, Disney Channel and the Discovery Channel.
As I got older I also watched comedy central.

I watched tv from let's say, 2001 to about 2012 roughly. YTV had Spongebob, Fairly odd parents, Icarly. Teletoon had shows like Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (that one might have been on YTV), Iggy Arbuckle and Fish Hooks. The Disney Channel had stuff like Zoe 101 or Hanna Montana and Phineas and Ferb. Discovery Channel I remember watching the Mythbusters and How It's Made. Comedy central had Just For Laughs. I remember watching lots of family guy in my preteens. We also had the movie channels.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, Maof06 said:

Dark Souls 3. Which reminds me that I haven't finished the game yet. And that I also don't have the ability to finish it.

Ooooo I have a lot of experience with Dark Souls, I can help you with that.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, Randoman said:

Kirby games

What's your favourite Kirby game?

On 1/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, Randoman said:

I guess I'd go with Fluttershy

Oh you watched MLP too? I used to be really into it between 2012 and 2015, I loved that show honestly.

What is the best experience you’ve had... ever?

On 1/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Benice said:

If you could add any one mechanic into the next FE game, what would it be?

DIVINE PULSE

On 1/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sooks said:

What is the best experience you’ve had... ever?

I'd say the being in Orlando, Florida with my family experiencing The Harry potter town, Jurassic park world and that cartoon world.
It was a breath taking experience, filled me with so much wonder.
When the park turned to night, everything looked so amazing. A unique experience ill never have again.

Have you had an amazing vacation experience yourself?

Do you really like any games that the general public opinion doesn’t?

32 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Have you had an amazing vacation experience yourself?

I went to New York once and I loved just being in the city. 

33 minutes ago, Shrow said:

A unique experience ill never have again.

Hecking COVID.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you really like any games that the general public opinion doesn’t?

I have an obvious one in particular that is disliked

League of Legends is a game disliked by a lot of people for a few reasons:
- Very popular, gets similar hate for this like Fortnite.
- Dota 2 players hate League of Legends and its players due to it being a competitor (well used to be) and how Riot Games mistreated the DOTA 2 devs in the past.
- League players are disliked by gaming community due to the game being owned by Tencent which has connections to the Chinese Communist Party. When Trump was banning Chinese apps for their spying software, a lot of people including even my own friends were hoping that League would become banned as well.
- Even league players hate League Of Legends due to them being caught in the addiction to play.

My closest friend won't even touch this game.

Okay same question to you
Or
What was a game you were hyped for and disappointed when you finally got to play it.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:01 PM, Maof06 said:

Weirdest build you created for a character in FE? (in games where it's allowed to do that, of course)

Uh...Well, since TH is the only one that applies, probably Fighter Lysithea.

I never thought that I'd see a unit with a strength growth of 15% break the game clean in half.

Which FE has your favourite soundtrack?

(Or, if I already asked this, what's your favourite genre of music?)

Edited by Benice

How do you survive classes you don’t like? 😞

On 2/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, Shrow said:

Okay same question to you

Detroit: Become Human

”David Cage bad therefore game bad”

“Allegory bad therefore game bad”

On 2/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, Benice said:

Which FE has your favourite soundtrack?

Shadow Dragon DS has good music and so does Sacred Stones but I'm giving my praise to Awakening and Fates.
While the game itself has its problems, the music transition between map and the battle was really well done.
It's unlike other games where I get tired of the soundtrack.

What's your favourite song in all of gaming?

On 1/24/2021 at 8:25 PM, Randoman said:

What countries have you lived in/visited/vacationed in?

Only one.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:56 AM, Shrow said:

Ooooo I have a lot of experience with Dark Souls, I can help you with that.

I accept any advice.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:19 PM, Benice said:

Uh...Well, since TH is the only one that applies, probably Fighter Lysithea.

I never thought that I'd see a unit with a strength growth of 15% break the game clean in half.

Wish I could see this.

------

Same question to you.

Since you mentioned never experiencing snow, what snow related activities are on the top of your list, if you ever got to go somewhere that had snow? (snow related activities being things such as sledding, snowball fights, tasting snow, making taffy with snow and maple syrup, etc.)

On 1/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, Shrow said:

What's your favourite Kirby game?

It'd have to be Kirby Star Allies, due to it being multiplayer co-op, having so many abilities and characters to choose from (I especially liked the Dream Friends added in the updates. Most of them anyways), having so many different team up abilities and combos, and for being an amazing tribute to the Kirby series as a whole.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, Maof06 said:

I accept any advice.

Tell me where you are in the game and what your stats are. I can give you more specific help.
As for advice, I'm not sure how much you understand about the game so I can only give general advice that a lot players might not know. Make sure to roll a lot because rolling has I-frames and its better then blocking. Your rolls are much faster and better the less weight you have equipped. If you're stuck at a boss, google their info and find out their weakness as well as knowing what not to do when fighting them. Ex. Don't wear chain-mail vs. a lighting boss, you might as well be naked.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, Maof06 said:

Same question to you.

Did you mean "What countries have you lived in/visited/vacationed in?" or "What's your favourite song in all of gaming?"
I'm going to assume the latter.

Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3

Do you wear glasses like in your profile pic?

On 2/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, Sooks said:

How do you survive classes you don’t like? 😞

Depends. If it's because of social reasons, I tend to try and make the best of it. If it's because there's nothing happening/I'm bored, I usually read or something. If it's because It's a course I'm destined to suffer in, (such as woodwork and the like) I generally request to change courses. (Of course, I have a disability, so I probably get lucky in terms of being able to avoid classes like woodwork.)

On 2/4/2021 at 7:24 PM, Maof06 said:

Wish I could see this.

(Spoiled for size)

Spoiler

vbkUjHe.jpg

gxIfIDE.jpg

(Apologies for the bad photos. I'm not quite a gifted photographer.)

Also, this was hard mode. Making it even more ridiculous.

If you were to decide what the next FE spinoff would be, what genre would you make it? (I.E, Adventure game, puzzle game, JRPG, ARPG, Platformer, Visual Novel, etc.)

On 2/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, Karimlan said:

Do you practice your faith/belief system?

Nope I take an agnostic approach to religion. I find the culture and topic interesting but I'm not one to partake in it.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, Benice said:

I have a disability

A disability that lets you skip woodwork, what disability would that be? (if you don't mind sharing.)

If that's an uncomfortable question, here's a another question

It says on your profile that you play the oboe, what songs do you play on it?

Edited by Shrow

What about you? What is your favorite song in all of video games?

On 2/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, Benice said:

If you were to decide what the next FE spinoff would be, what genre would you make it? (I.E, Adventure game, puzzle game, JRPG, ARPG, Platformer, Visual Novel, etc.)

Fire Emblem needs a really good story. Visual novels are story based, and focus on it since that’s basically the whole game. Therefore, Fire Emblem visual novel.

But knowing IS it would be just a Camilla dating simulator.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, Randoman said:

Since you mentioned never experiencing snow, what snow related activities are on the top of your list, if you ever got to go somewhere that had snow? (snow related activities being things such as sledding, snowball fights, tasting snow, making taffy with snow and maple syrup, etc.)

All of the above plus snowboarding.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, Shrow said:

Tell me where you are in the game and what your stats are. I can give you more specific help.
As for advice, I'm not sure how much you understand about the game so I can only give general advice that a lot players might not know. Make sure to roll a lot because rolling has I-frames and its better then blocking. Your rolls are much faster and better the less weight you have equipped. If you're stuck at a boss, google their info and find out their weakness as well as knowing what not to do when fighting them. Ex. Don't wear chain-mail vs. a lighting boss, you might as well be naked.

I'm literally at the first area. I stopped playing 3 savefiles after killing Iudex Gundyr with different classes (Knight, Warrior and Herald) and reaching the High Walls of Lothric.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:02 AM, Benice said:

(Spoiled for size)

Reveal hidden contents

vbkUjHe.jpg

gxIfIDE.jpg

(Apologies for the bad photos. I'm not quite a gifted photographer.)

Also, this was hard mode. Making it even more ridiculous.

Beautiful.

------

What's your guilty pleasure?

You said before that English isn’t your first language. So what is your first language?

On 2/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, Maof06 said:

What's your guilty pleasure?

Food...

On 2/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, Maof06 said:

I'm literally at the first area. I stopped playing 3 savefiles after killing Iudex Gundyr with different classes (Knight, Warrior and Herald) and reaching the High Walls of Lothric.

Okay that's dark souls 3 and that's the very start of the game. What are you stuck at? Were the enemies in the area giving you a hard time?
If you're having a hard time just from the starting enemies then there's definitely something you're not understanding.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Sooks said:

What about you? What is your favorite song in all of video games?

I just answered that on this same page but I'l give you different song, an honorable mention.

Bravely Default - Asterisk Boss Battle Theme "That Person's name is"

Really good song, the peak of JRPG battle themes.

This is an odd question but try to humour me.
If you were to become a fantasy\modern Mage, what would your element\magical school of choice be? (Fire, Water, Illusions, Summoning)

On 2/11/2021 at 12:25 AM, Hasechi said:

Are u doing fine in this Covid-19 situation

My life is the same as it was before the pandemic. The only difference is that I now have classes online.

59 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Okay that's dark souls 3 and that's the very start of the game. What are you stuck at? Were the enemies in the area giving you a hard time?
If you're having a hard time just from the starting enemies then there's definitely something you're not understanding.

Enemies are not exactly the problem. I would say that I feel "lost", if you know what I mean. When I get to the walls I don't know exactly what I have to do, so I just stroll around before I inevitably run out of potions and get killed. I took a chance to get a claymore in my Knight save, but I died shortly after getting it.

------

Stealing your question: If you were to become a fantasy\modern Mage, what would your element\magical school of choice be?

What about you? What is your favorite video game song of all the video game songs?

1 hour ago, Shrow said:

This is an odd question but try to humour me.
If you were to become a fantasy\modern Mage, what would your element\magical school of choice be? (Fire, Water, Illusions, Summoning)

Hogwarts.

....okay fine, summoning sounds pretty versatile. Can I summon whatever I want? That’s cool.