Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

On 8/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Randoman said:

What's the oldest video game console/era you can still get enjoyment out of playing?

Hm... I've never actually played anything older than Ocarina of Time, but in my limited experience, games from around that time did feel pretty archaic to me, so I'm not sure I would enjoy anything that came much before that. I haven't played any classic games such as FF7 or Wild Arms or anything like that, 'specially since I've never owned a PS console.

I believe you mentioned earlier on that you have glasses IRL; how well can you see without 'em?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your top 3 favourite Disney movies?

On 8/24/2022 at 7:26 PM, Benice said:

I believe you mentioned earlier on that you have glasses IRL; how well can you see without 'em?

Not very well. I can still read text from a computer monitor with my face 1 1/2 feet away from the screen, but it takes around 2 seconds for the text to get focused in my eyes, and the background color is far more prominent with my eyes than the text color (for example, in a MS Notepad file, the white background is far more noticeable/prominent to my eyes than the black text).

I really wish I could provide a better answer, though I don't know how to explain it in words better.

• 4 weeks later...

What's your favorite restaurant (Fast-Food, Sit-Down or Otherwise, so long as it's your go-to for tasty food, it counts!) and what's your favorite food item/combo there? I've got some close contenders for the number one position, so I'll just tell you what one of my favorites is. Teriyaki Madness is one of my absolute favorite restaurants to eat at (or order takeout). My favorite thing there's the Spicy Chicken. Absolutely delicious and tastes great with their signature Teriyaki sauce on top, and don't get me started on their Crab Rangoon. Suffice to say, I really like their food. 

On 8/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, Randoman said:

Do you happen to own Super Mario Maker 2 and do you have an account for that game? If you do have an account, what's your maker ID?

Maybe that's way too specific of a question to count for this thread (I'd still like an answer to that question though, since I'm always looking to make more Mario Maker friends). So I'll ask another one: what is your most favourite movie(s)? Mine is currently Shazam, for how amazingly funny it is, yet how surprisingly deep the story is and how there's a surprising amount of parallels between the main hero and the main villain.

I do own Super Mario Maker 2 as a matter of fact, and also have an account for the game.  I've only ever published like, one or two levels, though. So you won't be able to play a whole world's worth of levels unless I decide to go back into SMM2 and create one. But hey, if you still want to be Mario Maker friends, I'll share my maker ID in my next reply.

As for favorite movie, man that's a hard one. I'm not really sure, maybe Megamind, Wall-E, or Hiro of the Rails. I'm not really much of a movie person and prefer to play video games for my personal entertainment, so I couldn't really give you a straight answer. Sorry. 🙁

What are some tropes in fiction that you wish would be used more often? For example, I personally would like the "villian/anti-hero with restraint/a code of honor" to be used more in fiction, especially since it creates for more interesting conflicts, motives, and plots in the story. I also wish more unique/creative weapons would be used more in fiction. Seeings traditional guns and swords be used for the hundredth time in a fictional story kind of gets old, and seeing more creative weapon ideas like sharp shields, bear traps on chains, and bladed sentient marionette puppets make for way more unique, creative, and exciting fights. Okay, maybe those weapons I listed are a bit too weird to work in most fictional stories, but at the very least, seeing underutilized weapons like maces, flails, and scythes being used more in fiction would be nice, and they're at least real weapons.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:42 PM, CyberZord said:

What's your favorite restaurant (Fast-Food, Sit-Down or Otherwise, so long as it's your go-to for tasty food, it counts!) and what's your favorite food item/combo there? I've got some close contenders for the number one position, so I'll just tell you what one of my favorites is. Teriyaki Madness is one of my absolute favorite restaurants to eat at (or order takeout). My favorite thing there's the Spicy Chicken. Absolutely delicious and tastes great with their signature Teriyaki sauce on top, and don't get me started on their Crab Rangoon. Suffice to say, I really like their food.

I can't name the restaurant since it'd give away the city I live in. I can say it's a Chinese Buffet restaurant with a huge variety of foods to choose from (different types of fried rice, noodles, meats, deep fried foods, around 20 different kinds of sushi, and a huge selection of desserts). Actually, most of my favourite restaurants are buffets that offer Asian food. Bonus points if they offer sushi, are sushi-based restaurants, or offer a wide variety of ice cream.

I do own Super Mario Maker 2 as a matter of fact, and also have an account for the game.  I've only ever published like, one or two levels, though. So you won't be able to play a whole world's worth of levels unless I decide to go back into SMM2 and create one. But hey, if you still want to be Mario Maker friends, I'll share my maker ID in my next reply.

No worries. I'm still interested in seeing the courses you've made, even if there's very few of them. So tell me your Mario Maker 2 account when you get the chance. My profile code for Super Mario Maker 2 is 8BK-09T-LMG. I've uploaded the max of 100 courses on that profile, though I don't expect you to play or beat them all. None of them are Kaizo/DGR levels of hard or unfair, and I mostly give even the hardest of moments in my course fair warning/reaction time for hazards.

As for favorite movie, man that's a hard one. I'm not really sure, maybe Megamind, Wall-E, or Hiro of the Rails. I'm not really much of a movie person and prefer to play video games for my personal entertainment, so I couldn't really give you a straight answer. Sorry. 🙁

Megamind and WALL-E are some of my most favourite movies as well. Megamind would probably be my 2nd most favourite, with Shazam taking the #1 spot (I love how both movies parody the superhero genre, while being great movies in and of themselves). After the Toy Story movies, WALL-E would be my most favourite Pixar movie (WALL-E really does the "show, don't tell" approach excellently, and even when it does tell, it's not preachy and in your face about it).