Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

How did you discover FE?

Kind of a weird story, but I kept getting ads for FEH, so I downloaded it and pulled Beruka in one of my first summons. I was like, "Woah, why this girl so traumatized?" So I went to the pitfall wiki and read about her, and I was intrigued, so I bought Sacred Stones on my Wii u, since everyone said it was worse than FE7 in every way. (That's also where my disdain from FE7 comes from-I expected it to be as good as FE8, when I really, really disliked it comparatively.) And, yeah! Hooked since, then got RD for christmas, at which point I began emulating so I could try other games in the series, FE4 being the first, I believe.

What is a character archetype/sort of character you haven't seen in FE in the next one?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

That is a great question. I haven't actually thought about this a whole lot, since I never really cared that much for outward appearance in human characters when I judged how much I like or dislike them.
Thusly, most of my favorite "ugly" characters happen to be non-human entities, like demons or monsters.
For example, Numemon from Digimon is one I really like, because it just looks funny and since I am a very mature person I do enjoy a good bit of toilet humor every now and again, the thing throwing... well... poop around just adds to the hilarity of it all. Yet, the anime series depicts them as very sympathetic, sometimes downright heroic creatures who face threats much stronger than themselves to protect the protagonists, even at the cost of their own lives.
So not only were the little guys funny to me, I also felt sorry for them when they died in droves.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

@DragonFlames When did you discover you wanted to write?

There's actually not much to it. One day, I just sat down and wrote something, and it was so much fun that I figured "hey, why not keep doing that?". XD

---

How did you come to play Berwick Saga?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

How did you come to play Berwick Saga?

@Saint Rubenio's LP of it, actually. I am a big fan of his LPs and we generally share opinions on FE, so when he played it, I figured I may as well try it. I truthfully didn't expect to enjoy it, since, y'know, it's Kaga, and I didn't enjoy his other games.

I was wrong. I loved it. I loved it so much. I still do. Easily my second-favorite game of all time, and it is even close to my very favorite-I never thought I'd be able to say that.

What can I do to be a better user of these forums? Like, just ways I can improve myself.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is a character archetype/sort of character you haven't seen in FE in the next one?

A brooding female protagonist. Unless I'm forgetting, that's a character type that hasn't been explored in FE yet. And a solo female FE lord would be awesome.

Tbh, I wouldn't consider Edelgard brooding, but simply determined to effect the changes she saw would best benefit Fodlan.

-------------

How did you find Serenes Forest?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

What can I do to be a better user of these forums? Like, just ways I can improve myself.

That is a very, very tough question. Especially since I am far, far, faaaaaar away from being perfect myself.
My impression of you is that you are a perfectly pleasant and funny person, and I feel like it's perfectly understandable to want others to play the games you like (even though I'm very shy about recommending anything out of fear people will dislike it) so I honestly don't know how you could improve.

I think it's most important that you stay true to yourself and not try to be someone you're not. I know that's a very clichéd line of advice, but it's true.

---

When did you know what you want to study in university/college?

Well, it's a bit of a long story, but the simple way of explaining it would be that I've had an interest in government and politics since I was younger (or had would be more accurate).

Thing is though, seeing how politics has gone to hell and a handbasket in the past decade has made me so averse to it that I can hardly stand hearing about politics and government at all. Instead, I've decided to focus on my writing and hopefully find work with that. I'm still getting a degree in government as a general purpose degree for a variety of jobs though, but writing is my focus. This answer sounded more rambling than I had intended. My bad.

---------

Who or what influenced your taste in music?

Edited by twilitfalchion

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How did you find Serenes Forest?

Via the rate the unit threads for FE8, which was one of the top results when I searched up units in FE8. I used it as a guideline for my first playthrough of FE8, (sorta, I benched Seth and used all three trainees...) and also joined the forum since the discussion here seemed pretty good, so I asked a lot of questions about FE8.

How about you?

Edited by Benice

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who or what influenced your taste in music?

My father, most definitely. When I was little, he would sing this song to me as a lullaby. And since he often listened to both rock and heavy metal bands (Kiss and Iron Maiden first and foremost), I took a liking to that style of music.
Whenever I visited my grandparents, my grandpa would play classical music for me, which is why I like that genre, too.
And my grandma was a fan of bands like Abba, and musicians like Elvis Presley, so I grew up with a wide variety of music, which is probably why my taste in it is so broad (and very much makes me appear older than I actually am. XP).

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This answer sounded more rambling than I had intended. My bad.

No worries! Thanks for answering!

---

Have you ever felt the urge to hug a fictional character?

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

How about you?

I was a lurker looking for FE info, discussions, etc. for a while earlier this year before deciding to create an account and actually post on the forums myself.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

so I grew up with a wide variety of music, which is probably why my taste in it is so broad (and very much makes me appear older than I actually am. XP).

relatable.gif

Very interesting mix of genres. Nice. 👍

----------

How/or through what game(s) did you realize what your favorite genre of video game is?

Edited by twilitfalchion

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Have you ever felt the urge to hug a fictional character?

Yep! Faye, Midna, SS Link, basically every Stoat in the Redwall series, Faye, Esteban, Sophie, Eirika, Ignatz... And a whole slew of book characters I can't really think of right now.

What is a trope you hope is absent from the next FE?

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How/or through what game(s) did you realize what your favorite genre of video game is?

I realized my love for JPRGs through Fire Emblem, of all things. I liked Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, because it very much felt like an interactive book. And when I played Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, I saw that I got the same feeling from it, and thus my love for JRPGs was born from there.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The flirt/philanderer trope. Begone! xD

Thank you!

---

How did you discover your favorite band?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

@Saint Rubenio's LP of it, actually. I am a big fan of his LPs and we generally share opinions on FE, so when he played it, I figured I may as well try it.

Why, I am flattered. And, well, one of the purposes of my Berwick and TearRing LPs has been to potentially introduce people to games I like, so I'm glad it worked out!

Anyway, it's the most boring question in the world, but since it's just my first... what was your first FE and how did you decide to try it out?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

First video game crush?

Shanna, from FE6. Yes, a character who doesn't have any personality was my first virtual crush.

[Generic question warning] What was your first FE, and how did you end up playing the KagaSaga games?

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you discover your favorite band?

Through my mother, actually. She listened to a lot of Earth, Wind & Fire when she was younger, and introduced me to their music as I was growing up. I've loved their music the most out of any band ever since.

-------

What about Berwick Saga causes you to love it as your favorite FE-type game?

Ninja'd

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, it's the most boring question in the world, but since it's just my first... what was your first FE and how did you decide to try it out?

My first Fire Emblem game was Path of Radiance. I watched a friend play it, and I asked him to lend it to me, since it looked like a lot of fun.
Then I tried it out, had a lot of fun with, and my friend decided to gift the thing to me right afterwards. Still own that copy, by the way.

---

I'm boring and uncreative, but did you ever have a video game crush?
If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Of course not.

11 years old.

Skyward Sword.

This cutie.

giphy.gif

----------

Have you ever identified strongly with aspects of a fictional character?

However you prefer to talk about it, of course, if that has happened to you.

Edited by twilitfalchion

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

What was your first FE, and how did you end up playing the KagaSaga games?

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, since you got ninja'd I'm gonna assume the question was directed at me. And since it's related to Benice's, I'll just answer both at once!

My first FE was FE7. Pretty standard, I know. I watched some videos from youtuber Whoisthisgit, who loves Fire Emblem, and it got me interested. For like a year, I played FE7 again and again, thinking that I could never find anything cooler than that. Then I actually tried other FEs. I haven't gone back to 7 since. Did I ever fall in love with this series. Must be... four, maybe five years now? I'm not entirely sure, but yeah, a little while. Anyway, even if I've since played some titles that I haven't enjoyed so much, I'd still call this a series I quite love. Because the games I like, boy do I ever like them.

As for KagaSaga, I first played TRS three years ago. I can't remember anything specific that directed me to it - I just found out the creator of FE had made other games on the PS, and it piqued my interest. Back then I hadn't played a single Kaga game (heck, even now the only FE of Kaga's I've played are 5 and 3), but the game looked interesting, so I got it. Loved it. Still love it. Even if I find it to be quite the flawed game, its strengths are big enough to compensate. I even checked out Berwick next, but at the time only two chapters were translated - not quite enough for me to take the plunge just yet.

Later on, however, I stumbled upon Berwick's translation thread again, and upon noticing Aethin'd made quite some progress, I decided to check it out. Berwick Saga... was love at first sight. I don't usually like trying out unfinished fan projects (always a bit afraid that they'll remain unfinished), but when I watched some gameplay, I was so thoroughly sold that even with the translation incomplete as it was back then, I just had to try it out. And so I did. Usually I play multiple games at once so I don't get fed up with any one of them... But Berwick Saga? I was so hooked, I played it and it alone for days on end until I crashed headfirst into the end of the translated portion. That... was one hell of a painful crash, lemme tell you.

Everything about the game was just so... perfect. Perfect for me, at least! The unique mechanics that make it its own experience uncomparable to any other strategy game I've played, the brilliant map design filled to the brim with side objectives and great challenges, the diverse cast of characters with no two that feel like they play exactly the same, the awesome story and the excellent way it handles the character arcs, the gorgeous visuals that I still find superior to any FE, and the wonderful music. Three runs now, and it doesn't look like my opinion will change any time soon. It just... clicked with me in every single way, and what few flaws it has just don't feel big enough. Very few other games have felt that way.

I think that about covers everything. Four paragraphs... of course. I should've known. At least it's a positive rant this time!

EDIT: Shit, I was so busy writing exposition about my life that I forgot the question! So... Who is your favorite character from your favorite FE?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least it's a positive rant this time!

Speaking of rants, when are you going to LP Giten Megami Tensei?

Would you want the next FE to be a remake, (and if so, of what game) a sequel or completely new entry?

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, may as well answer this-Both the gameplay and the story were just perfect. I didn't care if the game ran at, like, 2 fps, but it was new, it was amazing and it was irreplacable. It's still my favorite.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have you ever identified strongly with aspects of a fictional character?

Oh yes, definitely. Way too many times, probably. XD
In Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3, Nepgear is treated horribly by the game, constantly neglected, thrown into unwanted situations, completely forgotten about by her own sister... While that happens largely for comedic effect (and is lampshaded to heck in the next game), that is one aspect that really did not sit right with me, since I could identify with her feeling completely useless and unwanted.
It made me feel for and sympathize with the character a lot more than I already did. Needless to say, I was happy she really got her time to shine in Megadimension Neptunia VII.

---

How did you discover the Zelda series?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who is your favorite character from your favorite FE?

Elincia. Her Radiant Dawn depiction demonstrates both a relatable vulnerability and an admirable strength that made me wish she had more of a role in the game. The Elincia of Path of Radiance was a damsel in distress. The Elincia of Radiant Dawn was a strong queen who struggled within herself for the confidence to lead and guide her nation forward.

---------

What was your favorite subject in school?

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you discover the Zelda series?

When I was four or five, we got Skyward Sword and a wii, and it was basically my first video game I ever watched-My dad played. I have a memory of a scene where Headmaster Gaepora is looking at the player, and my dad got a phone call that lasted about an hour, so I had an hour of seeing Headmaster Gaepora staring at me while this baller of a theme played

I have it completely memorized for this reason. But anyways, it being my first game of all time is a big part of it being my favorite game of all time by a mile. Nothing short of a faithful remake that improves motion controls but keeps the same system will surpass it.

How I can I help make you feel better when you're down?

Ninja'd, but the question stands.

Edited by Benice

Speaking of rants, when are you going to LP Giten Megami Tensei?

If people keep bringing it up, I might just have to make it this LP's version of the "Ruben randomly plays different games" gag instead of Mario Golf.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Elincia. Her Radiant Dawn depiction demonstrates both a relatable vulnerability and an admirable strength that made me wish she had more of a role in the game. The Elincia of Path of Radiance was a damsel in distress. The Elincia of Radiant Dawn was a strong queen who struggled within herself for the confidence to lead and guide her nation forward.

Yeah, Elincia is really cool. Though I'm more on club Pelleas, myself. But I'm not the one who got asked the question, am I? So I digress.

Would you want the next FE to be a remake, (and if so, of what game) a sequel or completely new entry?

Remake of FE6.

After how little I enjoyed Three Houses, I would be very skeptical of a completely new game. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't spend the rest of my life refusing to play it because "KAgA dIdN'T mAKe iT!11!", but I'd definitely give it some time before picking it up, just to be sure. For remakes, if it's anything like Echoes and DSFE, FE4 is out of the question - they won't touch the snoozefest map design that's kept me from trying it out for so long. Admittedly, I haven't played it, so I could be wrong - I just don't see myself enjoying it much.

FE6, on the other hand, is a game that I quite love. I find that it has only two major flaws: story and polish. And, lo and behold, those are the two aspects Echoes was best at. I believe FE6, with its maps and roster combined with an improved story and removed clunkiness, could stand to become one of my favorite FEs. So, yeah. FE6 remake would be my ideal next FE.

Who is your least favorite character from Berwick Saga? Doesn't have to be playable.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What was your favorite subject in school?

English.
Yes, I liked English class more than my own mother tongue. XD
I guess the reason for this is that, as a child, I just found it fascinating that people around the world speak different languages, and being able to learn one myself was somehow mind-blowing to kid me.
I was also happy to finally be able to fully understand what all the songs from my favorite/childhood bands were about.

---

Gah, Saint Rubeninja'd!

Who is the character in your profile picture?

Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

How I can I help make you feel better when you're down?

Nothing specifically. Just being the kind person you already are is more than enough.

---------

Who is your favorite male video game character?

Since I already know who your fav female vg character is. xD

Edited by twilitfalchion