which part do you think is the most fun ?

thailoadgames

To me, gameplay is by far the most important part-If I want the story and/or music, 99/100 I can just watch an uncommentated playthrough of it, and a bad story can be skipped. Bad gameplay, however, cannot. While I do put some stock into plot and a good plot can keep me moving forwards in a game, I'll always take a game with fun, difficult and fair gameplay over one with an excellent story. Well, at least in terms of FE. I don't mind chill games for other genres, but the gameplay is what makes the franchise for me. (Taking PoR for example, I do not enjoy it at all, 'cause even though the plot is pretty okay, the gameplay is so slow that I hesitate to try trudging through it.)

Oh, and welcome to the forest!

my biggest feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment is when i "trust" my units so much that i know exactly how they're going to perform agains every enemy, to the point i don't even need to look at their stats
i'm not talking about "oh yeah i'll just send my knight against that mirmidon and my axe cavalier against that pegasus knight", no, i'm talking about "ok, my knight should be able to tank all of these units if i place him there, damaging them just as much as needed for my weaker units to kill them and get some EXP, while my axe cavalier should have enough strength to one-shot that pegasus knight and then move forward to bait the boss and deal some serious damage even if he's most likely not to double attack"

imho this really shows how much potential FE games have, being able to turn a game based on math into one based on feelings (which is a huge oxymoron if you think about it), but apparently always seem to refuse to acknowledge, in order to prioritize something else
this makes me incredibly and unnecessarily mad

Edited by Yexin

6 hours ago, Benice said:

a bad story can be skipped. Bad gameplay, however, cannot.

however, there is some entertainment in 

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

imho this really shows how much potential FE games have, being able to turn a game based on math into one based on feelings

Interestingly enough, in the first two FE's, they did not show pre-battle forecast. Kaga did other things also to make the game less number-based. Most people think it is a clunky and bad mechanic but you might like it.

3 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

Interestingly enough, in the first two FE's, they did not show pre-battle forecast. Kaga did other things also to make the game less number-based. Most people think it is a clunky and bad mechanic but you might like it.

i actually played and finished Gaiden some years ago, and liked it a lot despite it being clearly "old-school" and i didn't remember at all it doesn't show pre-battle forecast

i still have to play FE1 though, but i'm sure i'll do that one day

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

actually played and finished Gaiden some years ago, and liked it a lot despite it being clearly "old-school" and i didn't remember at all it doesn't show pre-battle forecast

Yeah despite having some parts that are clunky and/or annoying as hecc,

Spoiler

LOOKING AT YOU NECRODRAGON MOUNTAIN TRAP.

Gaiden does have some components that I like.

FE1 I have also played, and the endgame of that... Is very easy to cheese by purchasing a billion statboosters in the secret shop with the dumb amount of gold that it gives you. It takes a while to do, but it makes the endgame that much less annoying.

Edited by Hello72207

2 hours ago, Emmy said:

The best parts are seeing the characters grow. In battle, and character development.

Yeah, this exactly. For me at least, the characters and relationships between them are one of the biggest draws towards FE as a series. That's why I appreciate the quality writing of the Tellius games and 3H so much. If I have no story or characters to get invested in, then I won't stay engaged with the rest of the game. Simple as that.

Welcome to the Forest, Thailoadgame!

The best part would be gameplay and the little things like getting a good level up or landing an unexpected crit, the music etc...

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an opinion on this... ..oh wait.. ..no.. ..I lied. I liked the part with the green archer. In fact, I don't think there was enough green archer. But then, no one has ever really asked... how much green archer... is too much green archer? 

The answer is:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           

...But I will check my algorithms again...

You're in a land of calm wood. Feel free to claim a lean-to.