List your favorite thing about The main villain of each of The 4 parts of Fire Emblem Heroes

James Marshall

How about we each list our favorite thing about The main villain of each of The 4 parts of Fire Emblem Heroes?. Here's mine

My favorite thing about Freyja is that despite her brother being her enemy she still loved him

My favorite thing about Hel is the fact that she is 1 of the most Beautiful Villains in the series

My favorite thing about Stutr is that he is completely insane and I'm a big fan of villains that are completely insane

My favorite thing about Veronica is her willingness to help her enemies fight those that are a threat to both sides

Edited by James Marshall
When saying what I love about Stutr I put insanity rather then insane

Veronica is smol (kinda, anyway), which is fun to see on a villain.

I don't know much about the others tho; haven't played enough.

Edited by Emmy

31 minutes ago, Emmy said:

What does smol mean?

31 minutes ago, Emmy said:

• Surtr- Provides Steady Stance 4 for fodder
  • Hel- Provides Distant Counter for fodder and can lower the lift you lose on Dark Seasons
  • Freyja- Most likely will provide good fodder and will fill some sort of role as a Mythic Hero when she releases
  • Veronica- Uh, sorry I can't see anything I like about her at all. Her Brave alt gives out Close Guard and her Pirate alt has Lull as fodder skills I guess?

Hmmm okay here we go. Underlining the favorite things for people who just want to look at that.

1. Veronica.

I didn't like her in book 1, honestly. Kind of a brat. That said, my favorite thing about her is probably her face jewelry. It's neat. She gets better as the story progresses (that is, later books), but in some ways I don't know if that's a good thing since she doesn't actually have a reason to. Her whole "a dark god possesses me" thing was super pronounced in book 1, but for some reason it seems like it's practically gone in all the other books...

2. Surtr.

He was realistic without trying to make people sympathetic toward him. That is, he lost himself to a rite in order to gain more power, so you expect him to be somewhat obsessive/one-dimensional/a terrible person. That's because it's not him anymore; it's what scraps are left of him. (I highlighted "trying" because that seems to be a thing, though with females. People seem to keep trying (not necessarily succeeding) to make people feel bad for them (All of the dark fairies, Veronica, and Eir (she counts) to name a few.) Surtr owns his teribleness and that's super refreshing.)

3. Hel.

Her design is awesome and I love that they went with someone who looks like she means business instead of another "sexy femme fatale." When I see her, I see an adversary I can respect AS an adversary. I see the threat, not the fanservice, and that's good for building serious villains. I also love how calm she was throughout her whole arc. Definitely my favorite main villain so far.

4. Freyja.

Her arc isn't over yet, so something else may come up. I guess her turning into a goat was interesting. Her goat design's kind of neat. My favorite part was her reaction to Freyr's death. That emotion was very raw and real and I really appreciated that scene. Otherwise, I don't like her. Spoiled brat with attachment issues who takes things WAAAAY too far. Giant temper tantrums don't impress me.

Huh. I didn't realize how unimpressed I was with the main villains until writing this.

Veronica.

Spoiler

Veronica stood out to me because her brave version. Now with the refine she is an even bigger monster. I don't care that much about her aside from that. 

Surtr.

Spoiler

I liked how threatening they made Surtr. Whether it is in story or a map. He is intimidating in a boring way though. Also, I can see why that was the case but I wasn't a fan of how one dimensional he is. The sisters and Helbindi took the spotlight character wise as they seemed like actual people. 

Hel.

Spoiler

Hel is solid I guess. Her design is really unique, she does look like the queen of the dead. To be honest, I like her only because of her great design and unique gameplay. She is another Surtr, she was just the big badie. Lif and Thrasir carried the story of book 3 for me and she was there to be the final boss, something pretty boring as it ended up being a repetition of book 2. 

Freyja. 

Spoiler

Freyja is definitely my favourite of the villains and even my favourite OC. Her design is amazing and what originally made me like her, from her extravagant dress to her cool goat form, I like everything about it. Her setup was really great, after her introduction she kept having powerful moments something that the other ones lacked. My highlights are, when she gains Freyr's power and her reaction to his death. Also her relationship with Freyr is something really interesting, he is calm, reserved and kind while she is the opposite, irrational, kind of selfish and generally more extreme, he is the king of dreams she is the queen of Nightmares. Her story hasn't come to an end so we have more things to see. I just hope the next chapters don't ruin her. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Hel is awesome because of that one Hel on Wheels comic.

For the others I probably have to reach a bit. Veronica is the least annoying voice of those who shout FIRE EMBLEM HEROES! Surtr made a Palla alt come into existence solely to kill him. Freyja I literally don't know because I quit reading any story text before she was introduced so I credit her with making me realise I don't give the slightest damn about FEH writing.

Veronica: She's pretty innocent for a villain. I wouldn't say she means well but she's not too bad either. Xander is probably right in the sense that Veronica is just a lonely little girl. She generally needs little convincing the works with the Askr siblings and seems to be getting fond of them. I can see her becoming somewhat of a Bowser who ends up causing a lot of mayhem but is more a part of the kingdom's daily routine that people probably secretly enjoy a bit. Its been ages since she did anything truly shady. 

Surtr: He's not interesting but he managed to be intimidating and hatable. If he didn't overstay his welcome for so long I might have looked back on him more fondly. 

Hell: Her design is good and it being a reference to Jugdral is a cute touch. 

Freya: She reminds me of Cia. That and the big villain being a goat is inherently funny. 

Veronica: that she has an actual character arc of learning to be a more mature leader through her interactions with Xander and Seth.

Surtr - that he's dead.

Hel - that she's dead.

Freyja - that we only have to deal with her for a few more chapters before we move on to the next godawful Norse fanfiction villain of the month.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Veronica
She kind of a pseudo-tsundere. She is dere-dere to ???/Zacharia/Bruno and is accepting of Xander, but she is tsun-tsun to everyone else.

Surtr
I hate him as an individual, but I like him in the role of a villain because he is so hateable. A lot of villains these days are "complicated", so it is refreshing to see a big bad that is a pure asshole deserving to be hated with all your being. He also accomplished this without the traditional taint of evil too, and he is just a pure douchebag dick that deserves to be snipped and stomped on. He is not my favorite villain, but he is my favorite big bad villain.

Hel
I also dislike Hel, but I do not hate her to the same degree as Surtr, mostly because she did not kill a waifu on screen. She will probably earn the same ire I have for Surtr as well if she executed Eir right before our eyes. What is interesting about Hel is that I think she found a tiny smidgen of redemption in her last dying moments when Eir comforted her, kind of reminiscent of Luke transforming Vader back to Anakin.

Freyja

On 9/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, James Marshall said:

My favorite thing about Freyja is that despite her brother being her enemy she still loved him

Siblings have a long history of loving each other throughout the Fire Emblem franchise.

Jokes aside, I agree with this part. I find it sweet that she loves her brother despite being on the opposite side of the ideological/political/magical spectrum. Turning children into faeries is a hot button issue in the dream realm.

5 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Freyja- She's hot

This too.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Veronica
She kind of a pseudo-tsundere. She is dere-dere to ???/Zacharia/Bruno and is accepting of Xander, but she is tsun-tsun to everyone else.

How many times do I have to say that she’s a mayadere and not a tsundere. There is a difference between the two

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

How many times do I have to say that she’s a mayadere and not a tsundere. There is a difference between the two

I am not well versed in the dere language.

Veronica: The fact that she's an actual character with some growth offered to her in Book III and now to an extent Book IV.

Surtr: His design is A++ and genuinely fierce and badass. As drawn-out and anticlimactic as Book II's end was I can't deny he doesn't succeed at being intimidating just by showing up on the map.

Hel: She... looks like grape Jell-O? She's basically just Surtr but with the fire fetish replaced with a death fetish, and none of his intimidating presence. She's just an old Jell-O lady who runs away from battle. I really struggle to say anything kind about her. She has a cool crit artwork at least.

Freyja: The incest jokes we've gotten out of her.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Veronica: She knocked Camilla out of winning CYL2.

Surtr: He made some Aether Raid victories easier for me since I always ran dancer Micaiah back when he was everywhere.

Hel: A distinct design that fits her theme rather than being conventionally pretty.

Freyja: Uh...Her beast form is kinda cool.

Veronica - She's really good in Dragalia Lost.

Surtr- Probably the strongest established threat in the game as from beginning to end he's powerful and undefeatable until the last moments, and he keeps haunting the heroes steps for the majority of the story. The others either become friendlier as time goes on, leave the plot for half the story, or just grab the Villain Ball and don't take advantage of their power. 

Hel - Great design and has some funny comic appearances. 

Freyja - It's great to have a new Beast unit.

Edited by Medeus

Veronica: She actually has gone through character development, being the only one of the four who's stuck around. At this point she's more of a reluctant ally than an enemy. Helps that she has some character depth compared to the others.

Surtr: He showed up as a free summon on his debut banner with perfect nature. And he was unapologetically evil. Which is nice compared to how much the game seems to want us to feel sorry for Freyja. (He's also a not-very-good-looking dude and she's a conventionally attractive female. Coincidence?)

Hel: "AH! AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M FREE. IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH ASKR!" Also she showed up for me twice on her debut banner.

Freyja: Was not the first cavalry dancer.

Edited by Sunwoo

Veronica: in a sea of 2 dimensional characters, she might be only only 3 dimensional character in the game.

Surtr: Caused the first kill, a protagonist death that stuck. Kept an unstoppable death machine feeling.

Hel: the psychological warfare she engages in, death curses, reviving dead allies to kill you

Freyja: she’s emotion driven.