General Sportsball 2020-21 (Bubbles everywhere)

Moblin Major General

On 9/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, Integrity said:

so you guys hear about the golden knights this year

damn near made the stanley cup

Boo! Canucks>>>>>>>Golden Knights!

*Ahem*

Sorry.

Dang, things aren't looking so good for the blue jays right now... I mean, not like things ever really were, but still. Hope they can pull off the win tomorrow, though.

Welp; Steelers-Titans is not happening in week 4, but later on. Steelers have a bye in week 8 while the Titans have one in 7, sooo... How can rescheduling work, exactly?

9 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I'll give the season till Week 5. Relatively large possible COVID outbreak with the Patriots. Patient Zero is unknown, but Cam Newton tested positive.

The NFL will not cancel. There's no way the owners would let the right thing get in the way of their greed.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Texans-fire-coach-Bill-O-Brien-15622956.php

Better late than never, I suppose. RIP to Romeo Crennel, though. He gets to lead yet another team to disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...

It feels so weird to see the Steelers as the sole undefeated team in the NFL. Even then, though, they don't necessarily look invincible with their odd habit of getting too relaxed with big leads.

I'm honestly surprised our quarterback what's-his-face has been playing well after last season and with his fragility in mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hats off to the Ravens. Now hope the Browns win so you don't face the Chiefs.

Edit: I am officially jumping on the Browns bandwagon thanks to them holding a lead against the Steelers.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

I'm here to eat crow and say that despite some games in which he was pretty bad, Baker Mayfield had a pretty damn good season, and most shocking, the Browns are pretty good and entertaining to watch.

I still don't like Mayfield but sending Roethlisberger home is Actually Good!

Yeah, wow I was an asshole about that. I'm glad I made such a passionate defense of a team I fucking hate though. Such an awful feeling.

Stefanski is a Kubiak disciple at this point, and there's no way the guy didn't know his shit. Generally anyone who works with Kubiak for a little while tends to be pretty fucking good at all facets of the game, because Kubiak has managed to make 1000-1200 yard rushers *consistently* out of nobodies very much like the Shanahan family (Kyle and Mike, respectively Kubiak's former OC and former HC).

I'm high and I'll just make a weird ass rant about that coaching tree; anyone who comes out of it is insanely good and it's like the grandfather to McVay. Generally anyone out of that tree is very good and go on fire when complemented with an insane run game / workable OL / good receivers / accurate QB. If they don't have those things, they still get a lot of mileage out of their offense (if you look at the Broncos teams post-Elway until Shanahan's firing).

That's exactly what the Browns had -- and more -- anyway, and them coming out flat Week 1 really was more indicative of a game going horribly out of hand during week 1 when nobody had any reps rather than a garbage team against a really good team. They gave us a hard time last year with Freddie Fucking Kitchens, and we were objectively a much better team last year, there's no way a Kubiak disciple was gonna get fucked like that again. As I said though, it was really like one or two plays near the end of the half that turned a potential 14-10 game into a 21-3 game.

Freddie Kitchens was that bad of a coach though. My mans ran a draw on 4th and 10.

Edited by Lord Raven

On 1/11/2021 at 5:31 AM, Lord Raven said:

wow the steelers were frauds, what a terrible collapse

The Steelers honestly looked like one of the weakest undefeated teams I've ever seen this whole year, they had several close wins (or let the game get close) against underperforming teams like the Broncos, Eagles, Texans and a largely handicapped Ravens team among others. I think Pittsburgh's at the point where their powerful days are starting to empty out and they need to rebuild, with one of the changes being getting rid of that starting QB of theirs and finding a new starting QB.

one of the greatest, in fact. It's not even that he's terrible right now either (he's nowhere near as bad as final season Manning), it's just the balls dont have the zip they used to, and for someone who relies on anticipation and tight window throws it's finally basically hit its limit.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know if I should be feel relieved that it’s not a zzzzzzzzz repeat win or salty that my man Tom Brady won another ring after leaving my team. Congrats Tampa Bay for your second super bowl win.