September 2020 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

September 2020 New Heroes  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2020 at 05:01 AM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly not sure, but even then, I like the banners to be a surprise, to the point where I'll cover my eyes when opening the news in FEH when I assume the trailer will be, and then open the trailer, wait for the all showy stuff in the video to go by, and then watch and see who it is.

My guess would be something related to Gaiden/SoV. I don't think we've gotten any Valentian heroes since the Valentine's banner, so I think it's due for some new heroes in the main story.

Only New Heroes banner I am interested in is a Fates banner with Anna, Nyx, Dwyer and Sophie on it but I am not expecting another Fates banner until early next year. I think this month's New Heroes banner will go to Tellius but then again I thought Tellius was going to get a banner for the last six month so who knows.

Edited by NSSKG151

1) SoV

2) Fates

i'm not expecting IS to release a Tellius banner anytime soon, but i'm fine with that because i desperately need something i can skip, so a Fates banner would be perfect

Edited by Yexin

At this point, I’m inclined to believe that the Ranulf & Lethe BHB is a red herring and that we’re getting Valentia next. 

Though on the other hand, I also don’t want the banner to have something I’d want (like Tellius) because I want to save orbs.

I predicted and want Tellius because they need a new banner and also have many characters that need spotlight. Jill, Shinon, Lucia, Keiran and the Dawn brigade come to my mind and are the ones I am looking forward to. Regardless of I want to skip the banner as Leif, Duma, Seliph and the new mythic are more important. 

I'm surprised by so many people expecting them to keep avoiding Tellius. The Tellius games are now the two games that have gone the longest without a New Heroes banner, and by a significant margin. FE10 has been getting plenty of seasonals this year, but FE9 hasn't gotten any. In fact, the only FE9 unit we've gotten so far in Book 5 is Ashnard, while every other game has gotten at least 5. And the FE9/10 distinction actually matters for the new modes!

The fact that it's taking a while certainly doesn't mean they're making a point of avoiding it. Here's some previous stuff they've gone what felt like weirdly long without doing:

Armors: 2/17-8/17 (6mo)

Dragons: 3/17-1/18 (10mo)

Staffs: 5/17-4/18 (11mo)

Beasts: 2/17-1/19 (23mo)

OCs: 2/17-11/17 (9mo)

Seasonal OCs: 3/17-3/18 (12mo)

Bruno: 2/17-3/19 (25mo)

Micaiah / FE10 banner: 2/17-1/18 (11mo)

Leif / FE5 banner: 2/17-4/18 (14mo)

Red bow: 4/18-11/19 (19mo)

Pre-Awakening seasonals: 5/17-2/18 (9mo)

Seliph alt: 2/17-6/20 (40mo)

Sigurd alt: 10/17-9/20 (35mo)

They have no reason to go out of their way to avoid Tellius. Like with other things that took a while, they had other things they wanted to do first, and the likelihood of that continuing to be the case just keeps getting lower each month. Especially with a Tellius BHB this time. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm surprised by so many people expecting them to keep avoiding Tellius. The Tellius games are now the two games that have gone the longest without a New Heroes banner, and by a significant margin.

If the following titles could all go more than two years without getting a New Heroes banner: 

Shadow Dragon, (New) Mystery: June 2017 - September 2019
Echoes: July 2017 - October 2019
Binding Blade: launch [February 2017] - March 2019

then they are perfectly capable of skipping a Tellius New Heroes banner this year if they so choose. The precedent for that possibility is there.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If the following titles could all go more than two years without getting a New Heroes banner: 

Shadow Dragon, (New) Mystery: June 2017 - September 2019
Echoes: July 2017 - October 2019
Binding Blade: launch [February 2017] - March 2019

then they are perfectly capable of skipping a Tellius New Heroes banner this year if they so choose. The precedent for that possibility is there.

FE9 has already gone three years since its last New Heroes banner, so we're out of the range of that precedent.

Are they capable of making that choice? Sure. Is it likely? No. Especially considering how they've been making new units more spread out between the different games lately than they have in the past.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It's been 48 years.

48 long, long years. I swear if Brom isn't on the next Tellius banner, or at least a seasonal sometime soon...

One thing that makes me kinda nervous is that the BHB with Ranulf and Lethe would be a Radiant Dawn one, since they're both designated "Radiant Dawn" in Heroes. So, would that mean that this New Heroes Tellius banner (presuming it is Tellius) would also be a Radiant Dawn banner? I hope not, honestly, because Path of Radiance has gone THREE YEARS without one.

For Tellius, I want a nice male demote, preferably of the archer or axe variety. Boyd and Rolf would be preferred! 
Jill, Shinon, Boyd and 4* Rolf would be ideal, give us Petrine as the GHB. Is that her name?

Or we can get a RD banner instead. Edward, Leonardo, 4*Meg and... hmmm... Idk? I would want vanilla Ilyana, alongside Aran? Or maybe Lucia and Geoffrey... i am truly content with just about anybody here.

For Echoes... Tatiana please!! I don’t mind who, I just feel bad for her! I hope we don’t get Lance Palla but at this point we might... anyway, Kamui and Atlas/Jesse/Deen as well, please! Kamui needs to be reunited with his homies~.

i am happy with any of these boys being a demote, especially since Valter and Leon are demotes already. GHB can be Deen if needed. If not, maybe Nuibaba? Either way, I am happy with one of these two titles getting represented.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

One thing that makes me kinda nervous is that the BHB with Ranulf and Lethe would be a Radiant Dawn one, since they're both designated "Radiant Dawn" in Heroes. So, would that mean that this New Heroes Tellius banner (presuming it is Tellius) would also be a Radiant Dawn banner? I hope not, honestly, because Path of Radiance has gone THREE YEARS without one.

Technically, yeah, but I think they may be just defaulting to RD unless the characters are very specifically PoR designs. The last so-called RD banner, Out of Gallia, had Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, and Caineghis with Haar as the freebie, all characters who appear in PoR and aren't any notably different in RD. Haar being a GHB and coming with a Brave Axe even thematically fits PoR rather than RD. EDIT: Haar's GHB map is also based PoR chapter 23 where you recruit him.

It's similar to how extremely few characters are listed as being from Shadow Dragon (just Wrys iirc) and are instead listed as being from (New) Mystery of the Emblem. The one real oddity is that PoR and RD have separate filters, but that might just be due to not having that feature planned far back enough.

Edited by Florete

Honestly I don't hope it will be a banner of the Crimean Knights because it would feature another lance cavalier (Geoffrey) and infantry sword unit (Lucia). Though Kieren (axe cavalier) could make it who could become a rare archetype depending on his stat spread. A fast axe cavalier is not very common; can only think on TT reward Marth. Unfortunately Kieran is not supposed to be fast in both Tellius games. Bastian could become the forth unit most likely. Infantry green mages are also quite common with pretty much each represented class type right now. Idk what could be done to him to make him outstanding. I could also see Volke being in the banner instead of Kieran maybe because he has a connection to Bastian and Geoffrey in FE10 and with his existence all colours would be represented in this banner.

On the other hand Dawn Brigade would represent also a sword infantry (Edward), an axe infantry (Nolan) - also a kinda oversatured class recently - and Leonardo (infantry bow). Infantry colourloss bows have been kinda rare recently by making them coloured (which I dislike anyways). Leonardo could become interesting. Nolan is fast with a good resistance and not so good strength in FE10. He could become a mage tank maybe, although this would not be a new unit type since Orsin exists. Fourth unit should be Aran because of representing each colour to make sparking more valuable, but I'm afraid it'll become Laura, and I have literally no interest in foot healers regardless what they bring to the table. Then again Aran would be strong and tanky infantry lance user with low speed and low restistance. I can't even think on one single infantry lance user with a good resistance. Funnily the only unit who comes in mind (Nephenee) is already in this game who has a poor resistance actually. Though it was FE9 Nephenee who was a way better physical unit than in FE10 by giving her a higher strength and defense but lower resistance growth.

Edited by Julian Teehee

I don't think the next Tellius banner needs to be specifically branded Path of Radiance. The relevant limited battles use either filter, and resonant battles have two filters per season and only have a point penalty for using off-bonus units.

52 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's similar to how extremely few characters are listed as being from Shadow Dragon (just Wrys iirc) and are instead listed as being from (New) Mystery of the Emblem.

Darros also has that, since he also wasn’t in the original Mystery of the Emblem at all.

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

48 long, long years. I swear if Brom isn't on the next Tellius banner, or at least a seasonal sometime soon...

Honestly, I question the need for a PoR/RD distinction. The RD cast is just the PoR cast with extra characters.

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think it's like how the FE4 BHB was Gen 1 while the banner was Gen 2. This is different games rather than different gens within a game, but still, it's pretty close.

Especially since it would have been pretty hard to make a new FE9 BHB. There are only 9 FE9-tagged characters in the regular summoning pool: Ike, Brave Ike, Titania, Soren, Mist, Oscar, Mia, Elincia, and Nephenee. We've already gotten Ike/Soren, Titania/Mist, and Elincia/Nephenee BHBs, so without repeating, the only options left would be Brave Ike, Oscar, and Mia.

In fairness, they've had characters repeat before. They also could have done an FE9+FE10 pair and called it FE9, like how they called Ishtar/Reinhardt an FE5 pair even though it involved regular Ishtar, who's tagged as FE4. But any FE9 characters right now would have to be Book 1, which is pretty out of date by now, and most of the FE10-tagged units don't seem to me like they'd pair well with FE9 ones. Precedent suggests neither of those are dealbreakers either, but my guess is that they decided it all added up to any FE9 picks being less appealing than this, and they just didn't think the distinction was that big of a deal. If it's the only Tellius New Heroes banner and only Tellius BHB they've got planned for this year, it's certainly the closest fit.

I don't even give a flip about Tellius and I want a Tellius banner. I think that says something about IS' last year or so of banners. Marcia and Jill in particular are looooooooooooooooooong overdue for a banner.

Edited by GlitchWarrior