September 2020 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

September 2020 New Heroes  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2020 at 05:01 AM

With the laguz GHB I have suspicions of it being another 'laguz friends' kind of banner with Muarim / Tormod / Vika / Stefan or please please some Zihark, IS.  What other game doesn't have the nabarl in FEH yet???.

Although my first (very biased) choice would be a Daein-centric banner with Jill, Zihark, and Tauroneo with Pelleas - the first three playing some interesting roles in FE9 and a bigger role in FE10, and Pelleas being there as royalty. Surprised he isn't in there already, ngl, even if he is, ah, easier to forget. Daein needs some lovin'.

Would +10 Petrine if she makes it in somewhere.  God knows she was my favorite for a long time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tormod is on this banner, I will be both happy and frustrated. This is like the worst timing ever!

Hopefully if he does show up, he will be a demote.

Would be happy with RD Tormod. Not so much young Tormod.

I'm hoping for either Crimean banner (Bastian = green, demote, Kieran = green, Geoffery = blue, Lucia = red, Ludveck = green, GHB) or Daein (Zihark = red, demote, Tauroneo = blue, Jill = green, Shinon = colorless, Pelleas = red, ghb). 

Or my favorite Turncoats (Jill = green, Zihark = red, Shinon = colorless, Nasir = blue, Ena = red, GHB).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

At this point, I'm not too picky about whether it's PoR!Tormod or RD!Tormod. I just want a non-seasonal Tormod in the game.

Other Tellius characters who would make me wanna spend orbs are Marcia, Stefan, and Pelleas.

I turned through most of my orbs over the past few weeks, but I'm back up to enough for a spark.

With all the hype around Jill, I'd find her pretty hard to pass up. The main other Tellius characters I'd like are Pelleas and Marcia, although I'm betting on FE9, so I don't think Pelleas is too likely.

For reference, here's the absent Tellius characters with the most CYL votes (all time):

1. Jill: 18,700
2. Shinon: 10,741
3. Volke: 5,942
4. Lucia: 5,583
5. Boyd: 4,960
6. Astrid: 4,663
7. Edward: 4,505
8. Stefan: 4,416
9. Zihark: 4,085
10. Sephiran: 3,803

As for the rest (this doesn't include alt-locked guys like Rhys or Rafiel):

Spoiler

Marcia: 3,531
Volug: 3,461
Tormod: 3,192
Pelleas: 3,117
Vika: 3,080
Kurthnaga: 2,720
Ashera: 2,564
Muarim: 2,450
Dheginsea: 2,433
Heather: 2,262
Geoffrey: 2,249
Kieran: 1,970
Aran: 1,889
Skrimir: 1,845
Janaff: 1,831
Petrine: 1,826
Lyre: 1,725
Meg: 1,703
Gatrie: 1,699
Nasir: 1,472
Anna: 1,458
Ashunera: 1,333
Brom: 1,297
Ena: 1,262
Elena: 1,189
Calill: 1,138
Leonardo: 1,108
Amy: 1,052
Nolan: 974
Laura: 957
Giffca: 939
Tauroneo: 782
Devdan: 768
Ulki: 639
Bastian: 638
Makalov: 612
Fiona: 597
Renning: 541
Gareth: 526
Jarod: 522
Danved: 517
Largo: 505
Almedha: 492
Kyza: 428
Aimee: 387
Bertram: 383
Nealuchi: 352
Valtome: 203
Izuka: 109
Muston: 104
Hetzel: 101
Daniel: 88

Not even in CYL: Lekain, Levail, Numida, Shiharam, Bryce, Ludveck, Soan, Gromell he's listed here because he managed to get a Cipher card, the "should've brought babies" guy, probably plenty of others, etc.

With a lot of my most wanted characters (like Bastian and Nasir) not falling anywhere near that top 10, I'm always worried about them never making the cut with how few Tellius banners we get.

But... they do tend to combine high popularity characters with less popular ones. It makes no sense to waste all of your top banner sellers at once, so there's always hope. Conversely, if Zihark or Volke made the cut, I'd spend a lot of orbs on them. And if Lucia makes the cut, she must bring Bastian with her.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

On 9/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, Julian Teehee said:

Honestly I don't hope it will be a banner of the Crimean Knights because it would feature another lance cavalier (Geoffrey) and infantry sword unit (Lucia). Though Kieren (axe cavalier) could make it who could become a rare archetype depending on his stat spread. A fast axe cavalier is not very common; can only think on TT reward Marth. Unfortunately Kieran is not supposed to be fast in both Tellius games. Bastian could become the forth unit most likely. Infantry green mages are also quite common with pretty much each represented class type right now. Idk what could be done to him to make him outstanding. I could also see Volke being in the banner instead of Kieran maybe because he has a connection to Bastian and Geoffrey in FE10 and with his existence all colours would be represented in this banner.

On the other hand Dawn Brigade would represent also a sword infantry (Edward), an axe infantry (Nolan) - also a kinda oversatured class recently - and Leonardo (infantry bow). Infantry colourloss bows have been kinda rare recently by making them coloured (which I dislike anyways). Leonardo could become interesting. Nolan is fast with a good resistance and not so good strength in FE10. He could become a mage tank maybe, although this would not be a new unit type since Orsin exists. Fourth unit should be Aran because of representing each colour to make sparking more valuable, but I'm afraid it'll become Laura, and I have literally no interest in foot healers regardless what they bring to the table. Then again Aran would be strong and tanky infantry lance user with low speed and low restistance. I can't even think on one single infantry lance user with a good resistance. Funnily the only unit who comes in mind (Nephenee) is already in this game who has a poor resistance actually. Though it was FE9 Nephenee who was a way better physical unit than in FE10 by giving her a higher strength and defense but lower resistance growth.

It'd be kind of a loose interpretation, but I could see Geoffrey feasibly being a blue bow cav, which would make him unique. As for Bastian, there aren't any F2P green infantry mage res tanks, so that could be something to make him distinct. Soren is the closest, i.e. highest res, and he's both gen 1 and more evenly distributed than dedicated mage tank. Bastian wouldn't be anything amazing in that case, but at least it'd set him apart. Kieran is fairly fast in PoR, just not blazingly fast, but none of the cavs really were. For comparison, Oscar averages 25.2 speed at 20/20 with a 45% growth rate while Kieran averages 24.8 with a 40% growth rate, so I could see him being something along the lines of Finn's statline rather than another Walhart/Frederick/Gunter. RD Kieran is a completely different matter though.

I actually kind of think the DB is in a worse spot in terms of unit varient. Leo could basically be F2P Innes, so that could be kind of nice, but the rest would be more difficult. Nolan is in kind of a bad spot because, in addition to Osian whom you mentioned, there's also Echidna and even Libra who fulfill a fairly similar role. And as you mentioned, Aran would just be gen 5 Lukas, and Edward would be one of a million other fast, strong swordies with good but not amazing defenses.

I'd love to see PoR or RD with really any of the remaining characters and then like Bryce, Petrine, Bertram, or Tauroneo as GHB. There are plenty of others I'd like too, but those are highest priority. Or maybe we finally get a dragon beast unit in like Nasir or Ena.

20 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

At this point, I'm not too picky about whether it's PoR!Tormod or RD!Tormod. I just want a non-seasonal Tormod in the game.

I think a seasonal is actually the perfect way for Tormod to get added. He's boyish and excitable enough to gladly visit any sort of festival and nail any costume. Plus it would be cute if he and Muarim got to have some father-son bonding time. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think a seasonal is actually the perfect way for Tormod to get added. He's boyish and excitable enough to gladly visit any sort of festival and nail any costume. Plus it would be cute if he and Muarim got to have some father-son bonding time. 

Duo Tormod/Muarim as the first magic beast unit? That'd be amazing beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If the banner is Tellius, I'm leaning towards it being a sort of "Laguz friend/killer" sort of theme. Tormod (red), Muarim (green), Jill (blue, PoR lance), Shinon (colorless). I feel like it's a likely thing now that laguz are in the game.

Maybe. But also, we notably lack dragon laguz. I don't think we'd get a full on Goldoan banner by any means, but I wouldn't rule out seeing 1 or 2 dragons, perhaps alongside other laguz.

29 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Maybe. But also, we notably lack dragon laguz. I don't think we'd get a full on Goldoan banner by any means, but I wouldn't rule out seeing 1 or 2 dragons, perhaps alongside other laguz.

One or two dragons is possible, but bear in mind that the last two Tellius banners were both laguz-focused.

Maybe Ena or Nasir, since they're the dragons who were playable in FE9. They're a lot less popular than the top Tellius units, but if dragon laguz are armored beasts, I'd expect them to be 5* exclusive. So that could be a bit awkward, but it doesn't rule it out. Could join Jill and Shinon as the premium banner units, and then who knows what for the demote. Maybe Boyd, Volke, Zihark, or Marcia? Or regular Ilyana, that'd make some level of Daein affiliations for everyone.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

One or two dragons is possible, but bear in mind that the last two Tellius banners were both laguz-focused.

Maybe Ena or Nasir, since they're the dragons who were playable in FE9. They're a lot less popular than the top Tellius units, but if dragon laguz are armored beasts, I'd expect them to be 5* exclusive. So that could be a bit awkward, but it doesn't rule it out. Could join Jill and Shinon as the premium banner units, and then who knows what for the demote. Maybe Boyd, Volke, Zihark, or Marcia? Or regular Ilyana, that'd make some level of Daein affiliations for everyone.

They are a lot less popular than the top Tellius units, but they also aren't exactly unpopular either.

We can expect most banners to be combinations of popular and less popular units. It doesn't make much sense for them to say... put Jill, Zihark, Shinon, and another top popularity unit all on the same banner when each can be used as a seller.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

They are a lot less popular than the top Tellius units, but they also aren't exactly unpopular either.

We can expect most banners to be combinations of popular and less popular units. It doesn't make much sense for them to say... put Jill, Zihark, Shinon, and another top popularity unit all on the same banner when each can be used as a seller.

Yeah, that's why we can't rule it out.

Speaking of less popular units, Gatrie is another possible demote who could color balance out Jill/Shinon/Ena. He'd also go nicely alongside Shinon, and make Boyd the only missing Greil Mercs member.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's why we can't rule it out.

Speaking of less popular units, Gatrie is another possible demote who could color balance out Jill/Shinon/Ena. He'd also go nicely alongside Shinon, and make Boyd the only missing Greil Mercs member.

(And Rhys. Seasonals don't count, caugh.)

But yes, Gatrie would be nice, as a demote. We could use more f2p armors.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

(And Rhys. Seasonals don't count, caugh.)

But yes, Gatrie would be nice, as a demote. We could use more f2p armors.

I'm counting seasonals. Otherwise Rolf and Greil would also be missing, although they're both slightly more complicated cases.

But yeah, not quite as close to getting specifically regular versions of the full band. That one doesn't seem too likely to happen anytime soon, especially with Rhys having his seasonal version in his regular unit type, but we can at least have them all get some version.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm counting seasonals. Otherwise Rolf and Greil would also be missing, although they're both slightly more complicated cases.

But yeah, not quite as close to getting specifically regular versions of the full band. That one doesn't seem too likely to happen anytime soon, especially with Rhys having his seasonal version in his regular unit type, but we can at least have them all get some version.

I also forgot about Rolf, who I also count as missing. (I just don't care about Rolf, caugh). Greil is a weird case who will probably never arrive in canon form since he's an NPC and his costume/weapon are on Brave Ike. But he would be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I also forgot about Rolf, who I also count as missing. (I just don't care about Rolf, caugh). Greil is a weird case who will probably never arrive in canon form since he's an NPC and his costume/weapon are on Brave Ike. But he would be awesome.

well they added Altina, so i highly doubt being an NPC prevents IS from adding any character, unless they are extremely minor or not important for the game's plot
as for Greil's case, they could simply slap him a completely new Urvan, just like they did with Altena's Earthly Gae Bolg or Ares's Dark Mystletainn

if they feel like doing original things, they could make him a different enough unit compared to Brave Ike

but yeah, i'm not seeing Greil coming anytime soon, although for different reasons (aka other characters have priority)

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Greil is an interesting case. He could get a Fallen version, which would at least be more canon than the Valentine's one, although probably not on the next Fallen banner due to the overlap with Fallen Ike. Far enough down the line, they could give him a normal version with an Urvan variant, but with him being an NPC who's already got some presence in Heroes, there are a ton of playable characters (and bosses) who I'd rather give slots on the next several years' worth of Tellius New Heroes banners to.

I definitely think regular versions for everyone significant is the ideal case, but personally, I'm willing to take seasonal-only appearances as a holdover for the foreseeable future. Awakening and SOV only have a handful of playable units left, but other games seem to be a long way from adding regular versions for most of their current seasonal-only characters, so I've started just accepting that.